Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Reharakhti posted:

I may have turned a tweaked pgabz cat into the main character of a game :v:

Special airhorn backpack will be included as a skin of course

The Pi dude posted:

Being skinned is one of the highest honors in the Stimpire.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
A young streamer fighting the good fight:

https://www.twitch.tv/pixelmesane

"Why is it so laggy?!" Why did my ship do that, that's stupid!" "What the gently caress?!" etc...

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

orcinus posted:

Can someone explain to me why he seemingly pulled a knife out of his butt?
Was he trying to smuggle it aboard past the Space TSA or something?

And why was he drinking a bottle of urine?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Quavers posted:

"Why is it so laggy?!" Why did my ship do that, that's stupid!" "What the gently caress?!" etc...

It's beautiful.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Reharakhti posted:

I may have turned a tweaked pgabz cat into the main character of a game :v:

Special airhorn backpack will be included as a skin of course

:five: Where can I kickstart this vidya game?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

G0RF posted:

Derek

The events of the last year and Erin's recent interview in particular point towards further consolidation of Operational authority and Developmental responsibility under Foundry.

LA -- for all the extravagant furnishings and ludicrous decorative touches seems -- with a few notable exceptions, like C Grade dev talent commingled with Sandi's cling-ons, assorted admin (like HR-- :lol:), and whatever team Ortwin employs to perform various magic acts with funds, shell companies, etc. (If there are dev rockstars there and I'm ignorant of their talent, my apologies to any offended or hurt.)

Austin has Tony Z., a handful of shellshocked survivors of the long-ago Gardiner / Wingman coup, and a few newer faces. They shipped the $1M+ in Mo-Cap equipment off to the UK if memory serves. That anything remains at all of the office may be, as ATXSperg mused, simply to stick a finger in your eye about your "CIG is closing down the Austin offices" predictions.

Their much heralded multi-continent distributed development model, despite the promises of "24 hour a day development!" work, seems to have failed them. Only the best run studios can turn such a process to their advantage-- with the rest playing a non-stop global ping pong game of endless bug generation with each successive volley of "iterative development".

I digress but to bring it back to my open, is the seeming consolidation under Foundry indicative of more than just capitulation to the failures of distributed development? I can't tell if this is pragmatism, panic, a new power play-- or some combination. I got the feeling there was an overdue revolt brewing from EightAce's comments but this is all looking through a glass darkly and I can't tell if the shadows are dancing or choking each other...

Thanks for this post. I've been looking for an excuse to use that Star Wars crawl generator again.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

:five:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

runsamok posted:

My mom asked me to make some prints of these so I figured I'd share them with y'all too.
something wrong with your cattes neck dude

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Moved to concern forum.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

something wrong with your cattes neck dude

Physicalized EVA.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Quavers posted:

yet she still has a referral code linked in her diarrhea soup of a twitch page.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMAa9lDbQH4

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Goobs posted:

yet she still has a referral code linked in her diarrhea soup of a twitch page.

Twitch: Remember MySpace layouts? Well, they're back.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I hate to do it, but what has happened in the past...oh, 20k posts over the past two weeks? I saw from reading gorf posts that apparently EightAce had to ghost.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
while this thread is in a slump until the next CIG gently caress up everyone should go enjoy the PI Big Dogs thread. The OPs Great Danes are amazing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3408341

e: just look at this goofy bastard. I wish giant breeds weren't ridiculously expensive to care for

moveable shape fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 10, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The obviously semi-auto shotgun sounds like a pump action. NOTHING in this thing is done right.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

The obviously semi-auto shotgun sounds like a pump action. NOTHING in this thing is done right.

It also holds 25 rounds in the tube and has no ejection, or movement when firing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5rc6d38k8c&t=190s

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I hate to do it, but what has happened in the past...oh, 20k posts over the past two weeks? I saw from reading gorf posts that apparently EightAce had to ghost.

Cloud Imperium imploded. The DEA raided the LA studio and arrested everyone, but found evidence linking Derek Smart to a pretty massive cocaine smuggling operation for which Chris Roberts was the middle man.

e: but actually pretty much nothing.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

Ya got it backwards, it's a pump that has a bugged animation :v:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Stick100 posted:

It also holds 25 rounds in the tube and has no ejection, or movement when firing.

Also, it explodes space ships apparently without even bringing their shields down? I guess that's part of their "Ballistics go through shields because reasons!" thing

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

CIG foiled yet again by shotguns.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sunswipe posted:

NOTHING in this thing is done right.

I agree, and it's hardly hyperbole to say so. Someone earlier in the thread summed it up nicely - without Chris Roberts, the game never would have raised as much money as it did. Yet because it's run by Chris Roberts, it's impossible for it to succeed. The man is congealed failure, and the only reason he ever released a single game without a publisher tossing him out the nearest airlock is because in 1990, the considerable limits of PC hardware forcibly constrained him. There is no other way this project could have gone except exactly how it went. Imagine what $110 million dollars could have accomplished with literally anyone else in charge.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The only somewhat comical thing was they decided to outsource QA to a select group of fools/backers for a pre-pre-alpha test. And of course bungled how they communicated the fact.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I still dont understand what physicalizd eva means.

Also im playing elite dangerous on an old i3 and a fanless nvidia card i bought because i needed one with hdmi out with no intention of gaming on it. Runs on medium settings with no problem. This game is dope.

Glad the code poo poo and ELE dogshit has died out

The infrared photos are gorgeous.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, it explodes space ships apparently without even bringing their shields down? I guess that's part of their "Ballistics go through shields because reasons!" thing

You would think a ship capable of going a measurable percentage of c would have some sort of comprehensive ballistic damage protection to avoid being shredded by literally anything it comes across.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

I personally love how it has a holographic sight; an iron front post but no back sight; how the front post reaches above the upper edge of the holographic sight; and how none of them seem to be co-witnessed so the front sight and the barrel blocks the holographic reticle.

Looking at stuff — how does it work?

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Ragdoll-style collisions between limbs and world objects.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 11, 2016

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Stimperor forgive me
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KF1QGmcYDvxFCdHllUx

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

hottubrhymemachine posted:

As said, it's the ragdolly effect your limbs have on surfaces, which if you play from a first person perspective means absolutely nothing as you'll never see it. It does also mean however that the summer 'frictionless grinding on face over landing platforms' olympics are now officially open, as that's the only use I've found for it thus far. :flaccid:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

You are forgiven. I'm shocked that it took this long.

Not kept up with the thread much today as I've been playing E:D with buddies. It's an actual game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Didn't there use to be a way to adjust the scroll speed? I seem to recall one of the first versions of that where someone pasted the whole thing and it scrolled by at ~0.3c just to get through the full text before the music ended.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and save this for the next time a new person askes "Will someone tell me what the hell the Stimpire is?"

runsamok posted:

You would think a ship capable of going a measurable percentage of c would have some sort of comprehensive ballistic damage protection to avoid being shredded by literally anything it comes across.

Yeah it's weird. Like you'd imagine that maybe shields would deflect ballistic weapons but be susceptible to energy weapons (like every other loving game) because that makes sense AND serves to create depth in terms of ship loadout.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Ragdoll-style collisions between limbs and world objects.

bengettingupfromsofa.gif

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff posted:

I agree, and it's hardly hyperbole to say so. Someone earlier in the thread summed it up nicely - without Chris Roberts, the game never would have raised as much money as it did. Yet because it's run by Chris Roberts, it's impossible for it to succeed. The man is congealed failure, and the only reason he ever released a single game without a publisher tossing him out the nearest airlock is because in 1990, the considerable limits of PC hardware forcibly constrained him. There is no other way this project could have gone except exactly how it went. Imagine what $110 million dollars could have accomplished with literally anyone else in charge.
Star Citizen is a lesson in "be careful what you wish for." They found the golden goose that lays the golden eggs, but to keep it happy and breeding they had to fatten it up with unrealistic promises. Now the goose has heart problems.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHeRs2JRYE

can someone explain the punchline for this to me? :confused:

this looks like someone read a very bad summary of firefly and then heard the soundtrack of Rebel Galaxy and no one knew how to act even a little bit

also why the gently caress did he have a coke bottle.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sankis posted:

this looks like someone read a very bad summary of firefly and then heard the soundtrack of Rebel Galaxy and no one knew how to act even a little bit

also why the gently caress did he have a coke bottle.

because in space, anybody who is anybody uses chewing tobacco.

but in real life, this guy couldn't think of a futuristic place to spit so he went with what he knows.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Not sure if anyone posted this

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326088/is-this-a-legit-email-from-cig-evocati-test-flight-closed-nda-testing#latest

quote:

Greetings Citizen!

We are cordially inviting you from to join Evocati Test Flight (ETF), a select group of volunteer testers who have previously demonstrated a knowledge and passion for finding and reporting Star Citizen bugs by actively participating on Issue Council or playing in our Public Test Universe (PTU) phases.

Evocati Test Flight testers will be invited to closed, NDA-controlled playtests held on PTU. Think of these sessions as a pre-PTU phase, comprised of builds with new, raw, and sometimes broken or unfinished content and features that could initially result in a degraded or even completely unplayable user experience.

As such, NO SCREENSHOTS OR LIVESTREAMING will be allowed during the Evocati phases. We’ll make sure to clearly notify everyone when we move out of an ETF phase and into a PTU phase where screenshots and livestreams are again allowed.

Once a build is stabilized and needs more concurrency testing, we’ll roll it out to our standard PTU waves for additional stress testing, and then to Live.

Here’s how to enroll in Evocati:

· Print out, edit the personal info, sign, and return the NDA along with a copy of official photo ID to evocati@cloudimperiumgames.com.

· Once we receive your signed NDA, we’ll manually email you a one-time use invitation token to a special Discord server.

· When a build is ready to enter an Evocati testing phase, you’ll receive an email with further playtest instructions.

· Our first playtest will come later this month.

We will start processing NDAs and adding players to Discord immediately. Please allow 24 hours to receive your Discord invite.

Please note:

· Players have been specifically selected from their active participation in Issue Council or previous PTU phases.

· At times a build may bypass the Evocati round and go straight to a normal PTU phase in order to focus on concurrency testing.

· Closed Evocati-specific test emails will always come from evocati@cloudimperiumgames.com.

· Evocati will have their own Discord server. I’ll be sending each person their own one-time invite token as this room will be restricted to Evocati only.

If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to this email at evocati@cloudimperiumgames.com. For those who have access to our PTU Discord, you can also hit up WLeverett-CIG directly at any time.

Thanks and see you in the ‘Verse!

Will Leverett
Game Support Manager

Cloud Imperium Games

The photo ID some how makes me feel like this is fishing for a leak.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

Tippis posted:

I personally love how it has a holographic sight; an iron front post but no back sight; how the front post reaches above the upper edge of the holographic sight; and how none of them seem to be co-witnessed so the front sight and the barrel blocks the holographic reticle.

Looking at stuff — how does it work?

Justin Tyme posted:

The fuckups triple every second.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Has anyone really said anything about the sheer cringeworthiness of "evocati" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Didn't someone already do this? I could swear that the Fourth Stimpire text was how I found out about the Star Wars Intro Creator.

• Locked thread