Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
5 different manufacturers in the top 6 right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bentley vs BMW for the lead, crashes starting to happen, lap cars being douchebags, this race owns.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
At first I thought the Audi crash was the Bentley punting the goddamn Lambo off, and I wouldnt have blamed him

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL that Lambo doesn't want to gently caress off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Someone needs to tell the Lambo team what being lapped means.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Lambo now actively trying to take out the 2nd place BMW

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL dat spin.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
:laffo: at the Audi spinning at the end

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I feel like there will be a civilised discussion between the BMW and Lambo teams.

Also that's the best spin we'll see all season.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Twitter suggesting #8 team summoned to race control

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/JonathanNascar/status/718883321137250309
https://twitter.com/JonathanNascar/status/718890278975901700

Also Audi team are salty as gently caress about the FCY.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Spin and spin and spin and spin and spin and spin and win.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm watching that expecting him to clout the wall with every rotation.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
GT Sports main race starting now

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Dudley posted:

I'm watching that expecting him to clout the wall with every rotation.

reminds me of this

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
PDRA qualifying yesterday at Rockingham dragway in NC. Top Sportsman racer gets air at the end of the track, flies out and rolls over a Drag Illustrated photographer and down the return road. The driver was the reigning Top Sportsman world champ from the PDRA, Ronnie Davis, he died today. The photographer is in bad shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Oh661b-wY

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Geez and the hits keep on coming for the drag racing community - Bob Vandergriff Jr. just announced he is retiring immediately, fired his whole staff and pulled his two top fuel cars from competition. What an incredibly lovely thing to do only a few races into the season (one in which they've had success!).

Terrible couple days for drag racing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
here's a better quality version

we ever gonna put catch fencing up on drag strips or do the racers and fans like dying I dunno

e- :siren: fair warning you can see the photographer flopping around on the ground after the crash, likely a good sign but man he got wiped out by that thing

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 11, 2016

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
That really sucks about BVR. They were really starting to get somewhere as a team.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Geez and the hits keep on coming for the drag racing community - Bob Vandergriff Jr. just announced he is retiring immediately, fired his whole staff and pulled his two top fuel cars from competition. What an incredibly lovely thing to do only a few races into the season (one in which they've had success!).

Terrible couple days for drag racing.

I know there's a lot of real life there to deal with (people losing livelihoods mostly) but that has to have an interesting story behind it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

harperdc posted:

I know there's a lot of real life there to deal with (people losing livelihoods mostly) but that has to have an interesting story behind it.

bet this played a part in it

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah basically what happened is the CEO of C&J Energy (who was a big drag racing fan and friend of Bob Vandergriff) passed away and basically immediately the board decided to cut the motorsports funding as their business (like most of oil and gas right now) is in the tank.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Andy Neate has left the BTCC. It's like Jim Clarke, Ayrton Senna, Gilles Villenuve and Dale Ernhart all died at once.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Pablo Bluth posted:

Andy Neate has left the BTCC. It's like Jim Clarke, Ayrton Senna, Gilles Villenuve and Dale Ernhart all died at once.

did he leave the BTCC via a freshly punched hole in the fence while still strapped in his seat?

cause if so, badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nah he was just real bad and got released

I don't know what Halfords Honda were expecting, it's cool that the guy nearly died and survived to race again and all, but he's been god-awful in every BTCC seat he's had

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The original Autosport story, now amended, suggested he might be a person non-grata with TOCA not just the team.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

After watching the btcc races this morning I must say its an accomplishment to be considered bad enough to be dropped after 1 round.

Also never change btcc.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The team is currently 1st, 2nd and 24th in the championship. His best race result was 18th, by 8 places.

In only one race did he beat another Honda and the competition there consists of 2 other late 40s part timers in year old cars and a rookie in a team that has never run a Honda, also in a year old car. In race 1 he finished a single place ahead of one of those, was 2 and 4 cars behind the same car in the others.

None of this should have been news to Team Dynamics so I can only assume we start at "The cheque was made of rubber".

Pablo Bluth posted:

The original Autosport story, now amended, suggested he might be a person non-grata with TOCA not just the team.

Andrew Jordan tweeted and then deleted that it sucks when a team is let down by a driver.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 14, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I had to DVR BTCC and there was some softball draft or something live on CBSSN, so I'm going to have to wait to Saturday to catch Race 3 and probably the end of Race 2, but I love this series.

The first lap of Race 1, the battle for the lead on lap two of Race 2 effectively ending the days of both leaders, the marshal running out to pick up the debris with cars approaching rapidly. :allears:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Final practice for the WEC opener was red flagged due to snow.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/721269813830623233

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
ELMS race is 20 minutes in and there's been like 30 seperate incidents so far

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CactusWeasle posted:

ELMS race is 20 minutes in and there's been like 30 seperate incidents so far

seems low, not many Ferraris entered?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
In ELMS you dont specifically need Ferrari's for chaos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR0PmSNVoc0

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
All the things happened at the end of the IMSA race. A brake failure at turn 1 and a big boom into the tires, a GT Corvette spinning himself out of second place, a Porsche punting the leading Corvette at the hairpin to take them both out, the Delta Wing catching fire, a great P battle at the front all race long, and a last-lap random spin and crash for good measure.

gently caress that Porsche, man.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Posting this before watching the IMSA race and ignoring possible spoilers, holy poo poo, that move by Ricky Taylor going into turn 1 on the first lap.

Also, gently caress you, CBSSN. I DVR'd BTCC again and got some dumbassed high school basketball talent contest. Probably gonna have to look up the results. :fuckoff:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BTCC doesn't start for another 6 hours. Qualifying was pretty cool though. Donington is good.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Audi not having a good day at Silverstone so far

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
gently caress ME :stare:

Good job, Brendon

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe