Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

porkinson posted:

Already tried to replace the battery, and it doesn't work for me (unless the replacement I bought was bad too), something's fried beside it, even without the battery the controller gets super hot after 30 min of use.

That sounds extremely unsafe unless you like to get hot hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

I wouldn't call it unsafe, maybe super hot was not the right wording, it gets hot enough that after 30 minutes of use I get sweaty and uncomfortable.

Edit: I would accept the cable crossing my room, but the hot issue is slowly destroying my will to play video games.

porkinson fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 11, 2016

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

please don't endanger yourself by using a spicy controller

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't think I've used the battery in my DS4 beyond the first week and realizing how ultra lovely the lifespan is. Just pick up a 10' cable from Amazon or Monoprice or something for cheap, and accept it crossing your living room/bedroom.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Dominic you rat! How could you give your brother the old spicy controller?

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

porkinson posted:

Edit: I would accept the cable crossing my room, but the hot issue is getting on my nerves.

it's really gonna get on your nerves when it burns off your nerve endings :bigtran:

enojy posted:

I don't think I've used the battery in my DS4 beyond the first week and realizing how ultra lovely the lifespan is.

my day 1 controllers still give me about 6-8 hours on dim settings and I treat them like trash.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I saw a video that made it look like backstep+heavy attack does a jumping attack. Is this true because if it is gently caress yes, the controls for guard break/jumping attacks are so lovely.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Can you fly via VPN Airlines to a different country to unlock before the official US release?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ulvirich posted:

Can you fly via VPN Airlines to a different country to unlock before the official US release?

No.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Dang it, thanks for the quick response.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Think it's pretty cool they are releasing the same time.

Partly as it works out better for us in the UK but same time is about as fair as you can get in these future steam days.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah it's pretty cool no region had the game before any others what a well managed release.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Atleast we with bad discipline can bow our head in shame while enjoying the game earlier than you non fat non retard non goon alphamales

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Blackfyre posted:

Think it's pretty cool they are releasing the same time.

Partly as it works out better for us in the UK but same time is about as fair as you can get in these future steam days.
Well, they tried releasing DS3 on the same day for everyone and Bandai Namco deliberately kicked it along to skew their quarterly reports, so it's nice to know they can get it right when they want to.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I don't know if I want to go str / pyro or dex / int or a classic quality build. How easy is it to respec this time round?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I came so, so close to importing the PS4 version many times over the last 3 weeks. I'm glad I persevered though. So hyped.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I don't know if I want to go str / pyro or dex / int or a classic quality build. How easy is it to respec this time round?

very

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Thanks!

I keep finding myself peeking at the Boss Soul gear to help make my choice and this is the first bit if actual spoiling on ds3 I've done and now I'm getting insanely hyped. Work is going to be so slow today.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

13 hours to go :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Thanks!

I keep finding myself peeking at the Boss Soul gear to help make my choice and this is the first bit if actual spoiling on ds3 I've done and now I'm getting insanely hyped. Work is going to be so slow today.

I took a quick peek in the faint hope a DS1 weapon I always wanted but wasn't for players was in, and while it's not a cosmetically identical match I know I have another reason to want 32 strength in my future.

I still can't believe those fuckers in DS1 dropped a Greataxe as their second weapon drop, they didn't even use those :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
19 hours to go. This is going to be a very slow day... :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's gonna be at least 28 hours until I get to play it

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Four hours to go.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cirofren posted:

Yeah it's pretty cool no region had the game before any others what a well managed release.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Not that I'm super-bitter at Funstock or anything (:toughguy: ) , but I actually looked at the FAQ that they dispensed when probably all their customers sent in emails to their site support about the date mix-up on Friday.

Funstock DS3 FAQ posted:

Last Updated: Apr 11, 2016 09:21AM BST
Q) When will the keys for Dark Souls III being released?
A) Our pre-load keys will be going on Monday before release UK standard time. There is no specific time for this. But it will be before the launch with enough to pre-load away!

My original estimate was at the release minute. I've now upgraded that to 1 minute before so they technically are correct. Also I'm wondering if they got the short end of a contract stick versus Gamesplanet if they don't get to release until the day of.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

Not that I'm super-bitter at Funstock or anything (:toughguy: ) , but I actually looked at the FAQ that they dispensed when probably all their customers sent in emails to their site support about the date mix-up on Friday.

My original estimate was at the release minute. I've now upgraded that to 1 minute before so they technically are correct. Also I'm wondering if they got the short end of a contract stick versus Gamesplanet if they don't get to release until the day of.

This is why I decided to pay the extra £5 and just get it on Steam. Normally I just use cd key websites but I didn't want to mess around with DARK SOULS 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Funstock have always been awful at getting stuff to me for release day, admittedly with physical stuff I've never bought keys from there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I mean you guys could have gotten it from Gamesplanet I guess.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Section Z posted:

I took a quick peek in the faint hope a DS1 weapon I always wanted but wasn't for players was in, and while it's not a cosmetically identical match I know I have another reason to want 32 strength in my future.

I still can't believe those fuckers in DS1 dropped a Greataxe as their second weapon drop, they didn't even use those :argh:

Why do hedge clippers need 32 str

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I still half a day and a half of work to get through before Dark Souls III. Help!

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I mean you guys could have gotten it from Gamesplanet I guess.

I pre-ordered it a month ago, and didn't know about their track record at the time. The announcement for the delay in the pre-load looks to have happened around 2 hours ago as they denied there even was a pre-load all weekend.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Andrigaar posted:

:negative:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i live on the east coast. when can i play it

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

rediscover posted:

i live on the east coast. when can i play it

6pm EDT if you're on PC.

12pm EDT if you're on console.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Hey all,

I'll be streaming this game Tuesday Night at 10pm CST doing a Milk Shot Challenge.

I'm going into the game completely Blind.

-Everytime I die that's 2 shots of milk I drink.
-If I die consecutively without recovering my souls I have to drink 4 shots.
-If I get invaded and die that's 3 shots NPC or Player.
-Everytime I swear that's a shot.

Also I plan on giving away a free copy of the game for playstation 4 on Friday night. So tune in for sure if you want a shot at that and for some reason haven't ordered the game yet.

Twitch stream can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/sadvega/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

Hey all,

I'll be streaming this game Tuesday Night at 10pm CST doing a Milk Shot Challenge.

Also I plan on giving away a free copy of the game for playstation 4 on Friday night. So tune in for sure if you want a shot at that and for some reason haven't ordered the game yet.

I hope you keep a bucket nearby.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Microwaves Mom posted:

Hey all,

:barf:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Just make it easier on yourself and buy two 5ths of whiskey or something man, geez.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Microwaves Mom posted:

Hey all,

I'll drink a gallon of milk right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

porkinson posted:

Thanks for the :words: about the steam controller.
I have a dual shock 4, but I fried it using a charger with quick charge from samsung so it only works with a cable now.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't get so hot after 30 minutes of use. I was thinking abut a replacement for it and the steam thing at 40% off is an interesting proposition.

Steam controller takes getting used to. Using the track pad cause there's no right stick and 20 hours into fallout 4 and I'm now able to aim without adjusting like crazy. Also havent had to change batteries yet.

You absolutely must customize the sensitivity and trackball settings for whatever game you're playing though. Once you get the gist of what all the settings are and how to tweak everything to your liking, it's easy to use.