Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That sounds awful, good luck on your vomit quest. Or congrats for your great calcium??

I'm in Korea, but on a US military base. Not sure when the hell I can buy this game. Considering I'm still an old-school hard copy kinda guy. Might have to buckle down and do a digital only purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I hope you keep a bucket nearby.

lol I fully intend to, I'm slightly terrified.

Arthil posted:

Just make it easier on yourself and buy two 5ths of whiskey or something man, geez.

I would, but I'm currently on medicine that taxes my liver so alcohol is a no go.

Rough Lobster posted:

That sounds awful, good luck on your vomit quest. Or congrats for your great calcium??

Gravelord Nito will be pleased at my super calcium power.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Vodka+Orange Juice, every time you drink estus you take a shot sip
Vodka+Blue curacao, every time you drink an ashen estus take a shot sip

edited to prevent alcohol poisoning

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Apr 11, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Microwaves Mom posted:

Hey all,

I'll be streaming this game Tuesday Night at 10pm CST doing a Milk Shot Challenge.

I'm going into the game completely Blind.

-Everytime I die that's 2 shots of milk I drink.
-If I die consecutively without recovering my souls I have to drink 4 shots.
-If I get invaded and die that's 3 shots NPC or Player.
-Everytime I swear that's a shot.

Also I plan on giving away a free copy of the game for playstation 4 on Friday night. So tune in for sure if you want a shot at that and for some reason haven't ordered the game yet.

Twitch stream can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/sadvega/

:rip: Here lies Mircowaves Mom, killed by Milk"

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to bed, but 11 and a half hours until the game releases.

wooooot.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The swearing rule alone will kill you. This is a snuff channel. You are running a snuff channel on Twitch.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My local store's getting the game in just after lunch time and I can pick it up because I pre-ordered. :dance:

I've already been to the gym and done my shopping this morning though, so what the gently caress am I expected to do for the next couple hours.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I read last week that Miracle and Sorcery scaling was hosed and that it's practically useless to put any serious investment in Faith or Int, is that still true or was it patched? My first character in every Souls game has been a heavy armour miracle-based paladin build that throws lightning everywhere and it would be a shame if that sucked.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They patched it and fixed the damage numbers, along with debuffing some honestly broken powerful Ultra GreatSword builds.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ragnar34 posted:

The swearing rule alone will kill you. This is a snuff channel. You are running a snuff channel on Twitch.

Lol I swear so much I'm terrified. I'm going to try VERY HARD to not swear.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
ngh, do I go with my tried and trusted Elite Knight build or finally break from tradition and go with a LCK build focused around knives. Wah.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Boing posted:

I read last week that Miracle and Sorcery scaling was hosed and that it's practically useless to put any serious investment in Faith or Int, is that still true or was it patched? My first character in every Souls game has been a heavy armour miracle-based paladin build that throws lightning everywhere and it would be a shame if that sucked.

Also, people learned a few important things about the system in the meantime, like how (mechanics spoilers I guess) int and faith have a softcap at 60 rather than 40, and lightning miracles scale sharply with how close you are to the enemy--melee range is nuts when you land it. Prepare to melee things in the early game, though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I still don't know what build to make for my first run. :ohdear:

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Turd Burglar posted:

Steam controller takes getting used to. Using the track pad cause there's no right stick and 20 hours into fallout 4 and I'm now able to aim without adjusting like crazy. Also havent had to change batteries yet.

You absolutely must customize the sensitivity and trackball settings for whatever game you're playing though. Once you get the gist of what all the settings are and how to tweak everything to your liking, it's easy to use.

Yeah, the adjust period is a bit of a hump to get over but ive never looked back since. On the battery life, I've just put my third set in since the start of december, and it's been getting used most days since then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've given up on build dilemmas and I'm just going to be a dex-based pyromancer like I am every first run. I'm kind of worried my stats will end up spread really thin now that pyromancy scales with faith/int though

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
"This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours"

I'm hyperventilating.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Frankston posted:

Wing it + whatever early weapon seems good is my usual plan

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

DS 3 in 11 hours and I don't need to be at work until 88 hours from now :getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oops missed the ground floor of this thread.

Can't wait to use axes this time through. I've always considered it but this time I'm gonna do it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Game bought and preloading.... I guess maybe I should actually watch the trailers for this game for the first time while I'm waiting!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

pyro scales with int and faith but the scaling is much less so than other magic. it's still useful at minimum requirements, as pyromancy alkways is

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GreyPowerVan posted:

pyro scales with int and faith but the scaling is much less so than other magic. it's still useful at minimum requirements, as pyromancy alkways is

Does it still involve upgrading the pyromancy flame?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Can't wait to use axes this time through. I've always considered it but this time I'm gonna do it.

The hand axe in DS2 had a pretty decent moveset I thought, hopefully more of the same.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

funstock give the key

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Technically for PC users, this game is only three hours away if you sleep for eight hours like I plan to.

I hope that frost magic is worthwhile, I want to make a character that uses a weapon infused with that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Frankston posted:

2h ultra greatsword/great hammer. pancake everything

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Does it still involve upgrading the pyromancy flame?

Yes, but you can upgrade any catalyst so it's not that different. Plus it just uses titanite this time. That said, upgrading it only increases the scaling, it seems, so it's more important the more Int/Faith you have.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Question: if I want to do some magic plus melee and am just casual enough of a player to not want to do more than one character what stats/build options could I focus on that will allow me to enjoy early and late game?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How much longer do we have to wait.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Golden Goat posted:

How much longer do we have to wait.

Take a nap.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
checking my ds3 on steam like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ja1VRTsxpc&t=3s

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

funstock give the key

and on this day, many people learned a valuable lesson about saving 10 dollars vs playing their extremely anticipated game at launch

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

green man gaming you're dropping the ball

but your discounts are so crrraazy I can forgive you. 20% off this poo poo. gently caress.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GMG, I'm pretty sure the day will go faster if you send that key so I can preload. Trust me.

I...I need it...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got a text saying my copy had been posted, owned digital cheapskates :smuggo:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I feel no shame in admitting I'm going back to hanzo steel

I assume they were intelligent enough to wipe that weird slash resistance poo poo that made DEX questionable in 2

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Sakurazuka posted:

I just got a text saying my copy had been posted, owned digital cheapskates :smuggo:

I got my 20% off and got my key and preloaded on Friday. :smugdon:

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just checked my funstock account page and the key was up :woop:

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
This is the day, it's today. 10 hours remaining.

This is the last time any of us will ever be hyped for a new Dark Souls game. Except maybe the DLC, but that's not quite the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
What the hell what am I supposed to do for 10 hours! This is bullshit.