Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I dunno what sort of closure people were expecting - the sopranos ending was pretty appropriate given the tone of the show. I liked it.

We need a shootout with the FBI led by Ralph Ciferetto who's come back from the grave, Paulie Walnuts to charge in out of nowhere to defend T to the bitter end, AJ steps up and believes in himself so he can be a real true gangster, and Silvio fights with the ghosts of Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo in the dreamscape. Tony dies in the diner defending his family heroically just moments after the governor calls to make organized crime legal again. And when Silvio wakes up he abdicates the throne to Paulie Walnuts and chooses to be his consigliere. Together they usher in an era of peace and prosperity for the state of New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I dunno what sort of closure people were expecting - the sopranos ending was pretty appropriate given the tone of the show. I liked it.

I want to see Tony brutally gunned down Sonny style. David Chase is a loving pussy.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked the ending of the Sopranos. That fills my "no closure" quota for entertainment forever.

You should watch the directors cut. It is 30 minutes of black before the credits roll.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

whatever7 posted:

I want to see Tony brutally gunned down Sonny style. David Chase is a loving pussy.

By the Russian that got away from Chris and Paulie!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrSlam posted:

We need a shootout with the FBI led by Ralph Ciferetto who's come back from the grave, Paulie Walnuts to charge in out of nowhere to defend T to the bitter end, AJ steps up and believes in himself so he can be a real true gangster, and Silvio fights with the ghosts of Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo in the dreamscape. Tony dies in the diner defending his family heroically just moments after the governor calls to make organized crime legal again. And when Silvio wakes up he abdicates the throne to Paulie Walnuts and chooses to be his consigliere. Together they usher in an era of peace and prosperity for the state of New Jersey.

I'm ok with this.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
A very interesting theory that looks like it might spoil Winds of Winter

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I want you to know we all have fun in this thread and everything but seriously I am reporting you to GRRM's publisher right now. That is pretty clearly actual book material.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hey is it out yet

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

Hey is it out yet

Yup

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'm reading it right now wow it's so good all my wildest fantasies fulfilled

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

oh thank god my waiting has finally paid off

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
As big a trainwreck as this has all been I'm looking forward to the upcoming season just so some dumb/obvious threads from ADWD can be tied up. :shobon:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I want you to know we all have fun in this thread and everything but seriously I am reporting you to GRRM's publisher right now. That is pretty clearly actual book material.

You actually made me believe this was good stuff you fucker.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Who would equate "actual book material" with "good stuff" these days?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kylaer posted:

Who would equate "actual book material" with "good stuff" these days?

it'll burn well if you're ever camping out

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Syncopated posted:

You actually made me believe this was good stuff you fucker.

But it WAS good stuff?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best part of the books, Fat Wyman Manderly, is the only absence that really hurts.

I also miss Strong Belwas and The Yellow Whale.

Why are D&D so extremely opposed to morbidly obese characters that poo poo a lot and eat people?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why are D&D so extremely opposed to morbidly obese characters that poo poo a lot and eat people?

Well they have to deal with two out of the three every time GRRM shows up on set.

Or what if it is all three? :tinfoil:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The best part of the books, Fat Wyman Manderly, is the only absence that really hurts.

I also miss Strong Belwas and The Yellow Whale.

The show is all about dem titties, but those are the wrong kind of titties.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Even Illyrio is thin compared to how he's described. I guess fat people actually are completely worthless.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Kavak posted:

Well they have to deal with two out of the three every time GRRM shows up on set.

Or what if it is all three? :tinfoil:

EXT. FILMING BACKLOT, IRELAND - DUSK

A bunch of EXTRAS in medieval garb are being wrangled by a COORDINATOR to some TENTS.
Temporary lights are being turned on as the sun goes down. There's a tired BUZZ about the production
as grips and riggers finish eating and move to set up for the coming night scenes.

Suddenly, a set P.A. runs in.

P.A.
Why aren't they in the corral yet? You've got to hurry!
He's coming. I heard the AD on his phone.
It's him.

The Extras, mostly tired and puzzled, give the young kid a few scoffs and look over at the food tent.

Coordinator
poo poo! poo poo, that's today? They should have told me,
these guys aren't seasoned enough. I need more time.

P.A.
You aren't going to get any! Can't you hear the car
coming? Can't you hear its strains and groans?
He's almost here. And he hungers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"STRONG BELWAS squats down and unleashes a torrent of fecal matter, mocking his foes."

"Nah, let's cut that. Tell me again about Brienne doing nothing."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

TK-42-1 posted:

Even Illyrio is thin compared to how he's described. I guess fat people actually are completely worthless.

The thinwashing in Hollywood makes me sick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How do I tell my 800 pound son that Hollywood thinks he's not worthy of love because he shits constantly and has a penchant for wine and human meat?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

How do I tell my 800 pound son that Hollywood thinks he's not worthy of love because he shits constantly and has a penchant for wine and human meat?

Out of arms reach would be my suggestion.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tell him not to just give his Han ornament to Luke, it's not worth dying over.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Tell him not to just give his Han ornament to Luke, it's not worth dying over.

Ho ho ho ho, ah ha ha ha ha. This poster is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So, here's my theory: HBO doesn't believe that GURM is capable of finishing a treatment for another show or whatever it is they've saddled him with. The only reason they offered him more work is to interfere with his already non-existent writing. Because they want to finish the show before the books are even remotely done and keep creative control over everything, instead of bowing to his, increasingly more complex and meaningless, canon.

And another thing: it's good they're trimming characters, merging plots and so on. The Fucker should've drawn the line at Jon, Kelly C, max 2 of the Stark children and the three Lannister siblings. And that's it. Everything else is superfluous, if you want to finish the series in 6-7 books tops, or even at all. Stannis, Sam's adventures in Oldtown, Aegon, Dorne, are all completely unnecessary crap weighing down the plot.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcustic posted:

So, here's my theory: HBO doesn't believe that GURM is capable of finishing a treatment for another show or whatever it is they've saddled him with. The only reason they offered him more work is to interfere with his already non-existent writing. Because they want to finish the show before the books are even remotely done and keep creative control over everything, instead of bowing to his, increasingly more complex and meaningless, canon.

And another thing: it's good they're trimming characters, merging plots and so on. The Fucker should've drawn the line at Jon, Kelly C, max 2 of the Stark children and the three Lannister siblings. And that's it. Everything else is superfluous, if you want to finish the series in 6-7 books tops, or even at all. Stannis, Sam's adventures in Oldtown, Aegon, Dorne, are all completely unnecessary crap weighing down the plot.

what new work did they offer him?

TheEroticDungeonMaster posted:

I am told that 5500 hundred people visited the House on its opening weekend. Most of them went away smiling... especially the kids, who loved the place... but there's plenty there for adults to enjoy as well.

Our hope is that Meow Wolf and the House of Eternal Return will be one of Santa Fe's premiere attractions for many, many years to come. Come visit when you're in town. I promise you, you've never seen anything quite like it.

Pedo "kid trap" carcossa confirmed. In this context the phrase "soft opening" actually had me creeped out.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo,
well it's announced. Preorders available on amazon. August 2016 - can they really get to print that fast? I guess that polish guy was right. When does S6 end?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
They cut poo poo but they also are keeping Sam in Oldtown, Dorne and the Kingsmoot poo poo which all seems to matter as little or less than half the other poo poo they cut. There just isn't a superb logic to it.

I really dont' care what they cut or keep as long as they execute it well, which they didn't do last season

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

kcroy posted:

what new work did they offer him?

From 2015:

time magazine posted:

The Game of Thrones writer has new projects in the works at HBO and Cinemax

Good news for Game of Thrones fans: author George R.R. Martin, on whose books the series is based, is working to develop three new TV shows for HBO and Cinemax.

The Song of Ice and Fire author confirmed these new projects in a blog post detailing how busy he is (and how little time he has for fan complaints about the show). It had previously been reported that he is working to produce an HBO series called Captain Cosmos, about a TV sci-fi writer set in 1949, with a pilot written by Michael Cassutt. While Martin did not comment on details about Captain Cosmos or the other two shows, he did say he is hard at work writing the sixth novel in the Song of Ice and Fire series, The Winds of Winter, which fans are very eager for him to finish.

The Game of Thrones season five finale airs Sunday on HBO.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

kcroy posted:

holy poo poo,
well it's announced. Preorders available on amazon. August 2016 - can they really get to print that fast? I guess that polish guy was right. When does S6 end?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

kcroy posted:

holy poo poo,
man after nearly a decade of this poo poo you actually got me, gently caress

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
kek

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Damnit kcroy. You're truly a joker.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kcroy posted:

holy poo poo,

I didn't believe you and yet I still clicked the link. :negative:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I didn't believe you and yet I still clicked the link. :negative:

pretty much this. you can't NOT click on it. absolute fuckery.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Do none of you absolute fuckers hover over a link to see the url?