Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, if you want to talk "overdesigned characters" then we need to talk about Wayne Reynold's stuff.

I'm almost entirely sure that this one is from one of the joke/self-referential sets of Magic: The Gathering, and its over designed look is intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Almost all the "famous" wizard spells with names are just anagrams of the dudes who played them. Like Tesner is just Ernest and so on.

The best example is everything that is named after Melf, since it stands literally for Male Elf.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Corek posted:

I'm the inexplicably round sword

He's gonna slice the gently caress out of some giant pizzas.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is my D & D character

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Here is my D & D character

This is thee design.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Google calls next week's My Best Friend's Wedding a "comedy of manners" which is overdoing it I think.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I know I'm late, but I still have to post this

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/cyril-sneer

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I like that Cyril Sneer is such a big name in Canada still that he needs no explanation.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Corek posted:

Google calls next week's My Best Friend's Wedding a "comedy of manners" which is overdoing it I think.

I'm really looking forward to this because I'm a fan of romcoms but My Best Friend's Wedding was really not enjoyable for me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This is literally everything I know about My Best Friend's Wedding

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I cracked up at "He wept, for there were no more belts to wear."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wait, is it a musical or just filled with a cast of the most insufferable people ever?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Gyges posted:

Wait, is it a musical or just filled with a cast of the most insufferable people ever?

The latter. Ooh, they should do a romcom month. I have quite a few I'd love them to discuss.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Shirec posted:

The latter. Ooh, they should do a romcom month. I have quite a few I'd love them to discuss.

I would love a Labor Day episode just for their reaction to the punchline that an entire film of abuse and stockholm syndrome is that it teaches the son to grow up to be hella loving awesome at baking pies.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Shirec posted:

I just wanna find out the deal of those two young women dressed like crazy rich old ladies.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Shirec posted:

Ooh, they should do a romcom month.
yase please

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Wow, I couldn't take more than a few seconds of that.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I saw this once, one ill-fated afternoon some ten years ago. Yet as I clicked the link... I knew.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Why does Cyrils Sneer's nose look like a used condom hanging from a flaccid dick?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

enigmahfc posted:

Why does Cyrils Sneer's nose look like a used condom hanging from a flaccid dick?

Everyone in that cartoon has a flaccid dick nose.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Das Boo posted:

I saw this once, one ill-fated afternoon some ten years ago. Yet as I clicked the link... I knew.

I mean on the bright side I think the Dionne Warwick song they're singing is very lovely.

When Dionne Warwick is singing it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't even click the link but that song has still been stuck in my head all day. Thanks man.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm listening to the old Copycat episode right now and even back then they noticed how their Holly Hunter was the same as their Busey.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Last night I rewatched Tesos Dos Bichos, the X-Files episode about evil kitty cats, and Frank Welker's name was in the credits. It felt like a WHM punchline.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I just re-listened to BLAME IT ON RIO and I always seem to forget how creepy that movie ends up being. Also both listened to and watched HARD TARGET again. That movie really is so much fun and personally I enjoy it more than FACE/OFF.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hard Target is the one movie, thus far, that I immediately went to go find and watch after hearing its WHM episode.

he's just tickling those ivories

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

my god I could listen to that drop of John Cusack going "LOOOOOONGFELLOW!" all day long

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

kalensc posted:

Hard Target is the one movie, thus far, that I immediately went to go find and watch after hearing its WHM episode.

he's just tickling those ivories

After the Invisible Child episode came out, I ordered the DVD on Amazon. I regret nothing.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

After the Invisible Child episode came out, I ordered the DVD on Amazon. I regret nothing.

And adding to my romcom request, a month of Lifetime movies would be so good

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

my god I could listen to that drop of John Cusack going "LOOOOOONGFELLOW!" all day long

My favorite soundbites have to be the Mortal Kombat theme and the scream in Buried Alive.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Shirec posted:

And adding to my romcom request, a month of Lifetime movies would be so good

Didn't one of the team work for Lifetime? Who was it?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Didn't one of the team work for Lifetime? Who was it?

Eric. He's said before he would love to do a Lifetime movies podcast.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Corek posted:

My favorite soundbites have to be the Mortal Kombat theme and the scream in Buried Alive.

Mine will forever be the

"whut?"

'WHUT?"

"WHUT?"

"WHUT?"

"...fine."

from Hard Target.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

weekly font posted:

Oh my god, I hope they set up a Patreon and that's a backer incentive. I'd fund that in a second

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

weekly font posted:

Thanks for that.

If any of you haven't listened to ep. 216 (Cyber Seduction) recently, I really recommend it. It's another Lifetime movie. Enough said.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Thanks for that.

If any of you haven't listened to ep. 216 (Cyber Seduction) recently, I really recommend it. It's another Lifetime movie. Enough said.

Isn't Babycakes a Lifetime movie too? That's a really old episode but also a really good one

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Mr Jaunts posted:

Isn't Babycakes a Lifetime movie too? That's a really old episode but also a really good one

It's definitely a TV movie. I agree. It is a great episode, one of my top 5.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

weekly font posted:

I was googling for some examples of others and holy poo poo, look at some of these. I knew it was a goldmine but some of those are too much. They really love the colon titles too, I'm pretty amused by Baby Monitor: Sound of Fear. And I can't believe how consistently they get major stars in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I just did a re-listen of all of their episodes last October and now I kind of want to again now that I'm thinking about Cat's Eye and Cyber Seduction and Babycakes