Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

G0RF posted:

This says everything. It says everything you could ever want to know about The Plan.

It is being made up on the fly, subject to revision at any moment, totally lacking in focus or detail, completely couched in qualifiers ('maybe', 'sort of, 'i could see...', 'possibly...', 'or we might...', 'and then maybe also...'), poaching mechanics other games in real time, and with no coherent through-line. He showed up, read a question, blurted out whatever was running through his head in real time, and was satisfied he said something.

And he did, "THERE IS NO GAMEPLAN. THERE IS NO ROADMAP. HERE, HAVE SOME WORDS SO YOUR CONFIDENCE IN THE PROJECT HOLDS TRUE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING US WITH YOUR MONEY.'

This is my observation also, and yes this is the clearest example of him making poo poo up on the spot that I've seen so far. He's an open book on this answer, it's like listening to a child in the back of the car on the way home from the cinema. All the ideas and games and plans from the mind of a child which has just seen its first big exciting film.

Sandi and him are well suited, they're basically a pair of kids. She's as thick as gently caress and he's a total moron.

e: pic of a director of a games company, who is also a dev, and is able to talk coherently for 20 mins.

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tippis posted:

Are you serious? Tell me that doesn't work.
I have no reason to believe, hope, or wish that the game works sensibly, but please tell me that it's not put together that stupidly. :cripes:

Tbf, we broke the orbital strike mechanics in Dust514 in a similar way. A lot of game devs are dumb as bricks.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Jesus loving christ, the shitizens are literally EVERYWHERE.
There i was minding my business on a completely unrelated subreddit, on a completely unrelated post, when suddenly, top comment thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4ed2n2/on_technolust_yaw_rotationroomscalezvive/d1z1vje

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Most games have gameplay. In that respect, Star Citizen stands apart.

:allears:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Coolguye posted:

Your dogge and mine would be hilarious in a dog park together beet wagon

Agreed. We should leverage the love of Aussies in this thread to crowdfund a massively online experience where our dogs play in a park in the highest levels of fidelity my GoPro can record.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

A video approaches.
Not much time to play tonight, but some fun was had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfQvQai_fc

LOVE your videos, music choice is always spot on.

Can the man seriously still not get out of the loving bed

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i find it hard to get out of bed sometimes, this is just good immersion

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol I think pgabz discovering that you can just roll back the clock is a genuine scoop. this is the greatest.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

A video approaches.

I am the dirt texture that pops in when a commando spawns in their wank pod.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
pgabz just loving destroyed the entire griefing system ajfnkladsjklanfsdkln fa l

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

LOVE your videos, music choice is always spot on.

Can the man seriously still not get out of the loving bed

It seems to be a really broken part of the game right now

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

It seems to be a really broken part of the game right now

You've inspired me to actually fire that steaming turd back up tonight and make some commandos feel grief.

Thank you, I think.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The whole griefing system being undone by changing the system clock is fuckin' amazing

Store everything client side, what's the worst that could happen?

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 12, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is it that common for people with the name 'Archer' to do the arrow thing in their signature or did he just lift that too?

From here: http://www.archerfriendlywellness.com/

Probably coincidence but considering literally everything else the guy has done seems to be stolen from somewhere else I wouldn't be surprised

lol

http://blackfeatherz29.deviantart.com/art/Katniss-Everdeen-211326914

saw that in the star traders forum

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I am completely floored at CIGs incompetence. That griefing system trusting the client. :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A hundred million dollar video game company made an anti-griefing system that punishes piracy and attacking other players by giving them a time-out in their rooms to spite one music loving griefer with a dancing cat avatar, which he broke by glitching through the walls and later adjusting the clock on his own computer.

Everything I just said is objectively true. What a world we live in.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

MeLKoR posted:

Not that I'm expecting different but I'm still quoting this.

I saw the note too. It's different. Pretend I empty quoted Neurotic Jew's post about it because I agree with him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah all of his pictures listed in his 'portfolio' are traced and stolen including that pic but the dude apparently even traced his own signature

The katniss pic was just the first signature example of his that I could find with a quick search

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah all of his pictures listed in his 'portfolio' are traced and stolen including that pic but the dude apparently even traced his own signature

The katniss pic was just the first signature example of his that I could find with a quick search

The part about the Catnip pic that cracks me up the most is the fact the *original* is actually a *tracing* as well.
It's a tracing of a tracing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kavak posted:

A hundred million dollar video game company made an anti-griefing system that punishes piracy and attacking other players by giving them a time-out in their rooms to spite one music loving griefer with a dancing cat avatar, which he broke by glitching through the walls and later adjusting the clock on his own computer.

Everything I just said is objectively true. What a world we live in.

I'm going to do the only sensible thing: succeed at my SAN roll, ignore or rationalise away the fact that this happened, and continue in a state of ignorant bliss.

All I need is to find some bleach or something.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Ghostlight posted:

The label says it contains Phenylalanine.

I was going by the markings, on the bottle it says "G" on one side, and "4" on the other.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

chaosbreather posted:

I think someone really key is leaving, that's the only reason why there'd be such a long lead and why Derek would need to sit on it.

That's what I assumed to be the likely scenario. Either that or the FBI is doing that thing where they creep up to the building so slowly that CIG hasn't registered their presence and tomorrow they are going to pounce. I thought it was interesting that he mentioned federal institutions the other day though, albeit in an offhand sort of way.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

My prediction on Derek's blog, it'll be delayed by Legal (he chewed Derek's notes up) and then when it finally does unlock it'll just be "It's all going to end, TWO WEEKS!".

Then Derek quietly releases the real story a week later with no fanfare.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Mikus medicine reveals the sickening truths.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

The overall Star Citizen design philosophy

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Lime Tonics posted:

Mikus medicine reveals the sickening truths.

She's going to find Chris' head awfully loving unfulfilling. It's either hollow or full of rocks.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

looking forward to a long hot summer of star citizen

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

A video approaches.

:five: :bravo: :five: :bravo: :five:
:vince:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

orcinus posted:

The part about the Catnip pic that cracks me up the most is the fact the *original* is actually a *tracing* as well.

true..

lots of tracers out there...

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

I'll go for this as well

Can't argue with :pgabz:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

CrazyTolradi posted:

She's going to find Chris' head awfully loving unfulfilling. It's either hollow or full of rocks.

At least its full of drugs 'shrugs'

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Screams eeeEEE posted:

That's what I assumed to be the likely scenario. Either that or the FBI is doing that thing where they creep up to the building so slowly that CIG hasn't registered their presence and tomorrow they are going to pounce. I thought it was interesting that he mentioned federal institutions the other day though, albeit in an offhand sort of way.

Please let this turn into a siege. Croberts and wife are desperately trying to open the vault in the basement and can't because Chris changed the access code in a cocaine-fuelled fit of arm-waving. Derek Smart is crawling through the vents, muttering promises to say "Yippee-ki-ay, motherfucker" in two weeks time. The police try to break into the building with an armoured car, only to be foiled by Lando and Money rolling Ben out of a window, crushing the APC.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

change your system clock = stop being a star citizen criminal

i can't even

my sides

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

( drat you Derek Smart, you can't Blog forever! )
_______________________/

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

TTerrible posted:

The "exploit" in that video is killing me. I'm dead.

"Let's use the client's time & trust it explicitly rather than waste resources on the server tracking something so inconsequential"

"BRILLIANT!"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

also thanks peter gabriel for makin me want to listen to WHITESNAKE all day

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

glad i dont work at cig

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

alf_pogs posted:

See, pgabz? The youtube comments are right: you are hurting people! You meanie. :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

My pleasure o9

Tippis posted:

See, pgabz? The youtube comments are right: you are hurting people! You meanie. :(

Coverdale is a beast among men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tippis posted:

more cheese than wisconsin

• Locked thread