Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
just do a loop of track at the stations instead of trying to do single rails with a double-ended train, it's much easier to expand and it's impossible to screw up station placement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LonsomeSon posted:

I'm doing a Pocket Bots start + Toxic Jungle map, and the constantly-empty armor battery bar is getting on my nerves but I can't figure out the console name for the Personal Fusion reactor. Anyone know what string I should be using, or even better have a link to a roster of items' console names which I've been unable to find because I'm probably googling for the wrong terms?

Try "fusion-reactor-equipment".

You can find all the strings in the files in Factorio/data/base/item, wherever you installed the game. (So steam is Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio...) A lot of the basic stuff is in the files that start with "demo-". The two most useful files are item.lua and demo-item.lua, though the personal fusion reactor is in equipment.lua.

As far as I know, there's no online resource that has all the names!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Solumin posted:

I used this as a reference for my spreadsheeting efforts specifically for the inputs, but it also has the in code name for everything. Its not 1-1 with what they end up called in game but is mostly decipherable.

Bonus script if you want an example to be able to dump modded items.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Solumin posted:

Try "fusion-reactor-equipment".

You can find all the strings in the files in Factorio/data/base/item, wherever you installed the game. (So steam is Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio...) A lot of the basic stuff is in the files that start with "demo-". The two most useful files are item.lua and demo-item.lua, though the personal fusion reactor is in equipment.lua.

Online, no. But you can look in the English Locale file for all the base names for entities.

steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\local\en\base.cfg
Under [entity-name] you'll find all the entries.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I started playing this game a couple of days ago and it's great fun, but now that I understand a lot of the basics I'm looking around and it's hard to find layouts of factories people have done and interesting designs. I've read the last ten pages or so, bur it's almost building a computer chat and bot logistics. That, combined with the age of the OP have made trying to find resources beyond the wiki pretty difficult.

So, are there youtube channels or text/screenshot guides to concepts, timing, and the like to help a newer player? I watched a thing on braiding that seems very cool and useful and was trying to find similar stuff.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Chakan posted:

I started playing this game a couple of days ago and it's great fun, but now that I understand a lot of the basics I'm looking around and it's hard to find layouts of factories people have done and interesting designs. I've read the last ten pages or so, bur it's almost building a computer chat and bot logistics. That, combined with the age of the OP have made trying to find resources beyond the wiki pretty difficult.

So, are there youtube channels or text/screenshot guides to concepts, timing, and the like to help a newer player? I watched a thing on braiding that seems very cool and useful and was trying to find similar stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mfdct1J6Sk
This guy has some neat builds, and he's pretty descriptive about what he's doing.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
so my current minimal-handcrafting / don't-belt-intermediates game is producing some interesting designs:

(bobs/SCE/endless night)

hooray! - after hand-crafting only 1 assembler-2 I have eventually gotten the lights turned on!

past games have shown these circuit boards are swallowed up by the blue-science machine, and the crafting tree for them is complex enough to dissuade against locally assembly, so onto a belt they go.

red/green science machine that can be extended southwards if needed.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

setting up my petro complex:

- oops, can't hand craft that refinery. need to use an assembler.
- oops, can't use an assem-2, it needs 5 ingredients. better research assem-3s.
- oh good, the research pathway is all green, just work at it while I set up the rail system.
- yay, the rail is laid, the train is running on burning wood, and the research is done. let's set an assem-2 to make an assem-3. what does it need?
- neat - steel bars, steel gears, an assem-2 and the recently researched "electronic circuit boards". what do they need?
- a circuit board from copper, tin, ferric fluid, and a wood-based board. can do. (just need to set up the ferric fluid line)
- basic electronic components - am already doing, no problem.
- solder - again, no problem.
- transistors, ok what goes into THOSE...
- tinned copper wire - yawn
- silicon wafer - need to get that stone mining outpost going sooner than expected, but sure
- plastic

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Zetsubou-san posted:

setting up my petro complex:

- oops, can't hand craft that refinery. need to use an assembler.
- oops, can't use an assem-2, it needs 5 ingredients. better research assem-3s.
- oh good, the research pathway is all green, just work at it while I set up the rail system.
- yay, the rail is laid, the train is running on burning wood, and the research is done. let's set an assem-2 to make an assem-3. what does it need?
- neat - steel bars, steel gears, an assem-2 and the recently researched "electronic circuit boards". what do they need?
- a circuit board from copper, tin, ferric fluid, and a wood-based board. can do. (just need to set up the ferric fluid line)
- basic electronic components - am already doing, no problem.
- solder - again, no problem.
- transistors, ok what goes into THOSE...
- tinned copper wire - yawn
- silicon wafer - need to get that stone mining outpost going sooner than expected, but sure
- plastic

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So just handcraft one because your no hand crafting thing is ultimately pointless?

Or if youre using a mod so you can't, just spawn one into existence and move on?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is there a mod that introduces waste disposal? I kind of like the idea of gradually creating a sizeable landfill in addition to the smog cloud.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Applewhite posted:

Is there a mod that introduces waste disposal? I kind of like the idea of gradually creating a sizeable landfill in addition to the smog cloud.

Bob's mods, though in that case it's not so much "landfill" as it is "a giant field of chests containing sodium hydroxide and other reaction byproducts that you consume way slower than you produce".

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Signals restrict the direction trains can go in? That's interesting. I transformed my single-line track with a double headed-train into all double tracks with only single-headed trains so I could avoid having them go "backwards" and run into each other. I'll need to have a look to see if I can only make the shared parts double track instead.

Then again, I kinda like not having to lug an extra locomotive around and expanding it now is probably way easier, never having to upgrade single into double track again.

Chakan posted:

I like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLifNPJsp2MOcN6pHbp-15BklP8V1akofM

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

currently I have a one-way loop of track around my base, with sidings coming off it that have roll-in-roll-out stations to unload goods. The main tracks to the mines are your standard 2-lane setup, and the final branches to the mines proper have a single 2-way track with a terminal station.

A tip for anyone starting playing with duel track & signals: put your signals on the inside or the outside of the tracks, but pick one and stick with it - otherwise you'll just confuse yourself when you go to make junctions and branching paths.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Probably also not a good idea to put them right up against each other? If you do that you could have problems with crossing tracks I think read somewhere. Plus, you can't put anything in between. Having 2 spaces in between seems good, so you can put a roboport in there.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

2 spaces also gives you enough space to put in S-bends for lane switching/splitting/merging.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Having an organized plan for your trains is good because doing one off junctions and letting lanes lie where they may leads to some serious :cthullu: tentacle situations.

It, uhhh, transitions from right hand to left hand drive here. Among other connections.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Moddington posted:

2 spaces also gives you enough space to put in S-bends for lane switching/splitting/merging.

that's useful - when I convert a single into a duel but keep the station at the end, the merging did this:

it looked even weirder in my previous game that had no gap between the tracks.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Zetsubou-san posted:

You must have run into the same problem with making electronic components, it needs 3 ingredients and you need the blue boards to research the assembler 2 don't you? The Bobs author has posted a few times to people saying 'hey, there's circular dependencies here, here...'. He's aware of it and his answer is hand craft the first ones to get bootstrapped.

I picked one rail system and stick to it religiously - 2 track, 2 spaces apart, drive on the right. It cuts down on the number of blueprints needed and I have no odd bits. I used this guys stuff as a guide.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Those big ratioed solar and accumulator blueprints you see are not just useful as a monolithic plopper, they keep the robots from enacting the glorious robot revolution.

For the love of God, Robosor!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Applewhite posted:

I basically just want someone to replace the bugs with the stupid blue guys from avatar so I can cut down their stupid tree and build a coal fire power plant over it

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~
First time with mods - which would you recommend and why?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Ratzap posted:

You must have run into the same problem with making electronic components, it needs 3 ingredients and you need the blue boards to research the assembler 2 don't you? The Bobs author has posted a few times to people saying 'hey, there's circular dependencies here, here...'. He's aware of it and his answer is hand craft the first ones to get bootstrapped.

yeah - I hand crafted what couldn't be crafted in assem-1s until I got my first 2.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

cock hero flux posted:

I basically just want someone to replace the bugs with the stupid blue guys from avatar so I can cut down their stupid tree and build a coal fire power plant over it

The save name for my Toxic Jungle/Pocket Bot playthrough is "Avatar II." So far 100% of my smelting processes are powered by burning these lovely alien trees; can't wait for logistics chests to come online so I can replace all the tinderboxes with requester chests, wandering by to see furnaces out of fuel is irritating but I only have one really good coal deposit cleared out and I'm saving the rest of it for future steam expansion.

Even with the robots, clearing out trees is fairly tedious, so it's forcing me to plan ahead with regard to leaving space for future conveyor spaghetti and the like. Aliens remain terrifying in number but half a screen of trees away from my nearest cleared corner, which is stuffed full of an eight-gun battery loaded with red bananas and backed up by a needlessly elaborate chest-inserter-conveyer autoloading system. My current steam-only grid could probably handle a single laser there and at the other identical positions. The power flickers are irritating pre-accumulators, but I'm looking at dozens of spawners out there. I'm actually a little bit intimidated by how ugly this might get, maybe I should double the walls...

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
So I think I'm finally going to Man up and try out the bobs kids, but Jesus he's one busy furry. Which mods do I actually need or want?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're going to go for it, just grab the mega pack and use everything. The ability to only use some of the stuff is mainly useful if you want to run a potpourri-style game picking up bits from other types of overhaul mods as well.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

I'm doing a Pocket Bots start + Toxic Jungle map, and the constantly-empty armor battery bar is getting on my nerves but I can't figure out the console name for the Personal Fusion reactor. Anyone know what string I should be using, or even better have a link to a roster of items' console names which I've been unable to find because I'm probably googling for the wrong terms?

I know this is a little late, but if you go to http://factorio.rotol.me/ and open the page for any given item it will give you the ID in the url, IE: factorio.rotol.me/i/item/fusion-reactor-equipment.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

LonsomeSon posted:

The save name for my Toxic Jungle/Pocket Bot playthrough is "Avatar II." So far 100% of my smelting processes are powered by burning these lovely alien trees; can't wait for logistics chests to come online so I can replace all the tinderboxes with requester chests, wandering by to see furnaces out of fuel is irritating but I only have one really good coal deposit cleared out and I'm saving the rest of it for future steam expansion.

Even with the robots, clearing out trees is fairly tedious, so it's forcing me to plan ahead with regard to leaving space for future conveyor spaghetti and the like. Aliens remain terrifying in number but half a screen of trees away from my nearest cleared corner, which is stuffed full of an eight-gun battery loaded with red bananas and backed up by a needlessly elaborate chest-inserter-conveyer autoloading system. My current steam-only grid could probably handle a single laser there and at the other identical positions. The power flickers are irritating pre-accumulators, but I'm looking at dozens of spawners out there. I'm actually a little bit intimidated by how ugly this might get, maybe I should double the walls...

You don't need walls or even turrets placed - I didn't anyway. The trees absorb the filth cloud and once you go attack one of the nests, you'll see what I mean about them being hindered as much as you are. Fighting in the jungle gets confusing for both sides. I've been side tracked playing the new rimworld release but finishing the jungle game is high on the list. One thing I did to get round the problem of all the ore deposits being small and scattered is use storage to feed the smelters. The inserters and belts to the smelters stay fixed and I run new patches into the storage feeds. This keeps ore to smelters nice and regular while I fight the trees for more ores.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Gibbo posted:

So I think I'm finally going to Man up and try out the bobs kids, but Jesus he's one busy furry. Which mods do I actually need or want?

Why Phone Posting is Bad, a play in one sentence.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
What would be a good collection of mods to use? I guess I don't want anything that's complex just because, it should have some use beyond being spergy.

I hear a lot about bob's mods, are those any good? Something about better resource spreads as well, dunno which one that is. Long reach sounds great too. And something to get oil on trains without barrels... in my vanilla game I just use long-rear end pipes because I can't be bothered using barrels.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Factorio: What are some good mods to use?

In other news, have you ever said to yourself "If I gave a crap, I could clean up this blueprint and use fewer power poles, but gently caress it who cares?"

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Evilreaver posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Factorio: What are some good mods to use?

In other news, have you ever said to yourself "If I gave a crap, I could clean up this blueprint and use fewer power poles, but gently caress it who cares?"

Agree, it's not like that gets discussed enough. If you cleaned up the blueprint, you could include beacons too. Then again, who cares, just plonk down another copy.

uXs posted:

What would be a good collection of mods to use? I guess I don't want anything that's complex just because, it should have some use beyond being spergy.

I hear a lot about bob's mods, are those any good? Something about better resource spreads as well, dunno which one that is. Long reach sounds great too. And something to get oil on trains without barrels... in my vanilla game I just use long-rear end pipes because I can't be bothered using barrels.

Newsflash - Bobs is complex for the sake of it - it's spergy, very spergy. You don't want spergy? Stay away from Bobs. The mod packs on the factorio forums are pretty poo poo, someone takes every mod under the sun and throws them in a folder. Beat them with a big stick till Factorio will start without barfing and it's golden. If you want someone to make you a pack just for you, be a little more specific - science changes? comfort mods? coloured poo poo?. Or take the time to browse the game forums and pick what sounds interesting. From what you've written, go get RSO and rail tanker.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Yeah, Bob's is mostly complexity for complexity's sake. For example, the green circuit equivalent, instead of being a two-assembler thing made from iron and copper, instead requires:

1. A circuit board, made from wood and copper over four different assemblers
2. Electronic components, which is made from coal, water, copper and tin (a new ore) over three different assemblers plus an entirely new type of machine
3. Solder, which is made from tin, lead (another new type of material, which is found only in mixed deposits with a different new material), (or alternatively, tin, copper and silver, which is another new, quite rare ore), and wood.

If you think balancing recipes in the base game is too easy and you're looking for a challenge, in that regard, it's pretty good. If you just want to build a factory and see it go, it's not so great. And there's so much stuff to do, your factory is going to end up backed up a lot of the time unless you give it make-work or increase science costs or something. Also a lot of the higher-tier stuff ends up being pretty cheaty, even before your start with the ridiculous modules.

It's great fun, if you're the right kind of player.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Here's a list of some good mods that I've been playing with:

WaiTex: HD textures. Just makes the game look nicer. The latest update includes basically everything in-game now.
Better Icons: Updates some of the placeholder icons with nicer versions
Color Coding: Adds colored concrete, trains, and lights.
Better Fluid Colors: Makes the fluid colors the same as their icons
Enhanced Map Colors: Improves the minimap/big map display
The Fat Controller: Helps you manage your trains, shows status of where they are, notifies you if they get stuck
Evo Gui: Shows the current status of biter evolution, and some other useful stats
Better Vehicle Control: Automatically makes tanks/buggies align to the tile grid when driving.
8L Train Project: Adjusts the train graphics so that they are always 8 tiles wide when going east/west.
More Light: Removes your flashlight and gives you an omnidirectional light that goes much farther instead.
Laser Beam Turret: Changes the laser turret projectile to an actual beam instead of a little bolt. Very cool.
Long Reach: Removes the range restriction on interaction, so if you can see something on your screen, you can interact with it.
Yet Another Resource Monitor (YARM): Adds a widget that can monitor resource fields, and show you on your HUD when they are running out, etc.
Gah, Darn it Water! (GDIW): Adds a bunch of mirrored recipes for the chemical plant/refinery. Basically it swaps the inputs/outputs around to make it easier to manage plumbing.
Honk!: Makes the trains toot their horns when starting up or braking. Nice and immersive.
Sign Posts: Lets you build sign posts in the game that show up on the map. I think they're just modified rail stations. Still useful, though.

Game Changing:

RSO: Changes the mapgen to make resource fields much further apart from each other, necessitating the use of trains.
Factorio Basics: Adds a bunch of higher tier stuff to the game, without all the annoying spergy/gregtech style poo poo you'd find in other mods like Bobs.
KS Power: A collection of power generating mods that adds things like Windmills, Oil Burning boilers, Diesel Generators, and Coal burning generators. Seems fairly balanced, and adds more options than just solar or steam engines.
Landfill: Adds recipes that let you fill in water tiles with land, or alternatively, an (expensive) bomb that blows up land and makes water. Some might consider it overpowered, though.
Near Inserters & Side Inserters: 2 mods made by a goon. Adds new inserters that are really useful. I consider this one a must-have.
Rescaled Evolution Factor: Changes Biter evolution to be influenced more by pollution than anything else. I like this one a lot.
Flow Control: Adds check valves and overflow valves and a better pump for all your fluid handling needs.
Rail Tanker: Adds a tank wagon that holds fluids. Needs pumps to insert/extract the fluid.
Biter Friendly Rails: Changes rails to not be flagged as "player owned" which means biters ignore them. Makes sense since rails are just inert, and don't make noise, light, or pollution.
Cheap Rails: Increases the output of the rail recipes by 100x. Might be a bit cheaty for some people, but you can easily edit the amount it creates by editing the lua file.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Jabor posted:

If you think balancing recipes in the base game is too easy and you're looking for a challenge, in that regard, it's pretty good. If you just want to build a factory and see it go, it's not so great. And there's so much stuff to do, your factory is going to end up backed up a lot of the time unless you give it make-work or increase science costs or something. Also a lot of the higher-tier stuff ends up being pretty cheaty, even before your start with the ridiculous modules.

This. Bob's Mods are for people who've played vanilla Factorio to death and want some of that "oh god this is complicated halp" feeling back. I would very much recommend disabling god modules (and setting prod modules to only work on registered intermediates), however, since they sap a lot of the complexity out of the game.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Here's a list of some good mods that I've been playing with:

WaiTex: HD textures. Just makes the game look nicer. The latest update includes basically everything in-game now.
Better Icons: Updates some of the placeholder icons with nicer versions
Color Coding: Adds colored concrete, trains, and lights.
Better Fluid Colors: Makes the fluid colors the same as their icons
Enhanced Map Colors: Improves the minimap/big map display
The Fat Controller: Helps you manage your trains, shows status of where they are, notifies you if they get stuck
Evo Gui: Shows the current status of biter evolution, and some other useful stats
Better Vehicle Control: Automatically makes tanks/buggies align to the tile grid when driving.
8L Train Project: Adjusts the train graphics so that they are always 8 tiles wide when going east/west.
More Light: Removes your flashlight and gives you an omnidirectional light that goes much farther instead.
Laser Beam Turret: Changes the laser turret projectile to an actual beam instead of a little bolt. Very cool.
Long Reach: Removes the range restriction on interaction, so if you can see something on your screen, you can interact with it.
Yet Another Resource Monitor (YARM): Adds a widget that can monitor resource fields, and show you on your HUD when they are running out, etc.
Gah, Darn it Water! (GDIW): Adds a bunch of mirrored recipes for the chemical plant/refinery. Basically it swaps the inputs/outputs around to make it easier to manage plumbing.
Honk!: Makes the trains toot their horns when starting up or braking. Nice and immersive.
Sign Posts: Lets you build sign posts in the game that show up on the map. I think they're just modified rail stations. Still useful, though.

Game Changing:

RSO: Changes the mapgen to make resource fields much further apart from each other, necessitating the use of trains.
Factorio Basics: Adds a bunch of higher tier stuff to the game, without all the annoying spergy/gregtech style poo poo you'd find in other mods like Bobs.
KS Power: A collection of power generating mods that adds things like Windmills, Oil Burning boilers, Diesel Generators, and Coal burning generators. Seems fairly balanced, and adds more options than just solar or steam engines.
Landfill: Adds recipes that let you fill in water tiles with land, or alternatively, an (expensive) bomb that blows up land and makes water. Some might consider it overpowered, though.
Near Inserters & Side Inserters: 2 mods made by a goon. Adds new inserters that are really useful. I consider this one a must-have.
Rescaled Evolution Factor: Changes Biter evolution to be influenced more by pollution than anything else. I like this one a lot.
Flow Control: Adds check valves and overflow valves and a better pump for all your fluid handling needs.
Rail Tanker: Adds a tank wagon that holds fluids. Needs pumps to insert/extract the fluid.
Biter Friendly Rails: Changes rails to not be flagged as "player owned" which means biters ignore them. Makes sense since rails are just inert, and don't make noise, light, or pollution.
Cheap Rails: Increases the output of the rail recipes by 100x. Might be a bit cheaty for some people, but you can easily edit the amount it creates by editing the lua file.

Fan loving tastic. Thanks a heap.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Just FYI thanks a million to everyone who posted about my reactor question, I now have all of the tools I'll ever need for this kind of thing. It's rad!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Will electric miners also get the ore under the belts they're next to, or am I gonna have a conveyor-belt-shaped line of ore left when I inevitably disassemble the expired field?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
nah, Electric Mining Drills can get stuff hidden under other objects, including under other drills

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ciaphas posted:

Will electric miners also get the ore under the belts they're next to, or am I gonna have a conveyor-belt-shaped line of ore left when I inevitably disassemble the expired field?

Electric miners can access everything in a 5x5 area around them, i.e. everything under the miner and all adjacent tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Jabor posted:

Yeah, Bob's is mostly complexity for complexity's sake. For example, the green circuit equivalent, instead of being a two-assembler thing made from iron and copper, instead requires:

1. A circuit board, made from wood and copper over four different assemblers
2. Electronic components, which is made from coal, water, copper and tin (a new ore) over three different assemblers plus an entirely new type of machine
3. Solder, which is made from tin, lead (another new type of material, which is found only in mixed deposits with a different new material), (or alternatively, tin, copper and silver, which is another new, quite rare ore), and wood.

(...)

The kind who washes his hands thirty times before touching each doorknob in the house, Jesus. Getting a basic blue circuit line is enough of a pain in the rear end as it is.