Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AP posted:

First couple of minutes, he acts like a sulky child because random people haven't been sending him so many gifts.

Also

https://twitter.com/Devourlick/status/719666445655740416

When this is all over some CIG staff I'm going to have zero sympathy for.

That smug motherfucker makes me very seriously pissed off.

OH YEAH? WAS IT A REALLY GREAAAT WEEK THERE IN AUSTIN DOING gently caress-ALL SMILING INTO YOUR REFLECTION IN THE CAMERA LENS TEARS STREAMING DOWN YOUR FACE WONDERING WHY YOU FEEL SO HOLLOW INSIDE??

loving oval office.

I need a crisis cat.

Toops fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SerCypher posted:

Derek and Roberts at Tanagra.

Shaka, when the lols fell

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Toops posted:

OH YEAH? WAS IT A REALLY GREAAAT WEEK THERE IN AUSTIN DOING gently caress-ALL SMILING INTO YOUR REFLECTION IN THE CAMERA LENS TEARS STREAMING DOWN YOUR FACE WONDERING WHY YOU FEEL SO HOLLOW INSIDE??

loving oval office.

i love you.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

loving oval office.

Well when it's your job to keep the boilers stoked, it helps if you can pretend you're actually having fun :/

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SerCypher posted:

chris' fans, their faces wet

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm working and can't watch the video.

What does he actually say with re: to not getting further prezzies?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

I'm glad of it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Well when it's your job to keep the boilers stoked, it helps if you can pretend you're actually having fun :/

Whose job is it to keep the bathroom walls thrice-beshitten?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

Whose job is it to keep the bathroom walls thrice-beshitten?

That one's round robin. Different guy every week.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Really there's only one man whose colon (and diet) would be up to the task of keeping the bathroom covered in poo poo at all times, but he's busy directing space ships or whatever.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Cool dogface

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

That one's round robin. Different guy every week.

Round ben, you mean.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Gradis posted:

not you too Gorf. noooooooooooooo 2 weeks of noooooooooooooooooo

It won't take me two weeks. Promise. I should have it in tomorrow. If not mock me mercilessly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

Round ben, you mean.

He can't poo poo on all the walls all the time.

Kakarot posted:

Cool dogface

That post was worse than the average of my badposts, please ignore it haha

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I found the ELE

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Ash1138 posted:

Crobba, his arms wild(ly gesticulating)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BattleMaster posted:

I found the ELE

"Sandibara, please don't do this! We can still make Star Citizen work!" Chrispybara burbled as Sandibara started drowning him for insurance money.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

He can't poo poo on all the walls all the time.

He can, if he rotates.
Garden sprinkler style.

Beet Wagon posted:

That post was worse than the average of my badposts, please ignore it haha

Noooooooo... Dogface :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

Noooooooo... Dogface :(

I can't deal with how weirdly egotistical it is to be like "Hey guys I made an avatar of my own dog does anybody want my loving dog as their avatar?"

It's too much. That's some Crobbers level self-absorption, and I refuse.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
But... Dog... :(

Make him parpy and repost.

e: gently caress, it's 6am already somehow. I'm off to sleep.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

I actually like that idea ... so I'm gonna run with it. What kind of information, precisely, do people think they're going to have that will be so time-sensitive that it needs to get somewhere quickly? In a game like this, is relaying communication even a thing at all? I realize the backers will imagine anything and everything in their fever-dreams, but I'm talking specifically from the perspective of grounded game mechanics.

The only thing I see working is treating information like a physical object, like how exploration data is handled in Elite. You're just basically on a fetch and deliver quest, but instead of cargo, it's information. Which means, like in Elite, there is no actual mechanical difference in what you're transporting - it's all in your mind. (Cargo in Elite can be retrieved if you're killed, information not so, so there is that difference.)

Now that could work - it would be boring, and done to death in every other game ever made, but definitely doable. So obviously Chris would want it to be more tactile and therefore meaningful so what exactly would count as valuable information? How long does the average MMO keep a "secret" known only to a few? It's measured in nanoseconds last I checked.

I am not going to lie, but, unless they totally gently caress it up (who am I kidding here), I like the idea of being a fast courier ship. I guess I have just read too many books when a fast courier being at and getting to the right place at the right time have had amazing results. Of course I also wanted to run a fuel bowser in the big Elite exploration. :shrug:

TTerrible posted:

I'm the flat low res keyboard texture applied to a flat plane in front of the player, surrounded by ten thousand poly buttons the player can't see when seated.

Dude. Alpha. Do you ever art or development?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is there a place I can go besides Derek Smartlaw's Law Blog to catch up on the happenings of Star Citizen in the 11,300 posts I just skipped?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The criminal timer is local client based? I just can't...what the gently caress they send five megs of data for ship spawns and they can't even track that server side aaaaah :stare::psyboom:

gently caress. At least this validates that the whole timer was a :pgabz: countermeasure that was hastily slapped together in the hackiest possible way.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SerCypher posted:

Thoatse posted:

Shaka, when the lols fell

Ash1138 posted:

Roberts his hands flailing

Ben his mouth wide

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

death .cab for qt posted:

Is there a place I can go besides Derek Smartlaw's Law Blog to catch up on the happenings of Star Citizen in the 11,300 posts I just skipped?
Here's a highlight reel of some meaningful events in the last few weeks...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It doesn't begins.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

this must be that rigid body I've heard so much about

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Well technically you're the first person to ask, so according to the rule of "got dibs" I guess so.

When you come to get him just make sure to explain to my girlfriend that she had plenty of chances to call it, so it's really her fault for missing them.

<stabs Wafflz in the back and quickly hides the body>

Hey, Beet's girlfriend? I don't know what that loony was going on about, but, Beet really, really wanted me to adopt Kayak. We were really good friends online, and he is afraid having Kayak around will be too hard for you to handle, now he has passed on...

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It doesn't begins.

At least there is :darksouls:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This is incredible

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

As smooth and natural as the motion capture.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFAnpb8I3E

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Chris Roberts is suffering from Paarpinsons Disease and you are all monsters for mocking bis ailment.

Symptoms of Paarpinsons include flailing of the hands, inability to stop oneself from saying whatever is on your mind, and appearing high on amphetamines.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

My Precious!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

it probably won't contain anything new and will just be a rehash of what we already have been moaning about itt
Make sure to read to the end. :wink:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dreams for a man in a black onezie with rambling hands and a shaky mind, wondering, when is the next bump in funding?

This fucker has knowingly fleeced hundreds of thousands of mentally ill nerds, he has pretty much destroyed some families, and I think now that he knows the party is over, well he feels grief.

I doubt the grief is for the people he's poo poo on, he's just sad the money hose has stopped.

Wikkheiser posted:

Make sure to read to the end. :wink:
make sure to loving finish?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
He's delusional though. It's hard to say what delusional people really think. He might still think everything is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

• Locked thread