Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov posted:

make sure to loving finish?
Derek writes in pyramid style, not inverted pyramid. Meaning he starts with general background before getting to the newsworthy bits at the bottom.

So make sure you read it all the way, or skip to the bottom tomorrow.

And yes, let him loving finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

derek writes like murder mysteries

all knowing nudges and winks and red herrings

and then in the last sentence the killer is revealed

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Wikkheiser posted:

Make sure to read to the end. :wink:
Indeed.

Wikkheiser posted:

Derek writes in pyramid style, not inverted pyramid. Meaning he starts with general background before getting to the newsworthy bits at the bottom.

So make sure you read it all the way, or skip to the bottom tomorrow.

And yes, let him loving finish.

We're going to need that Parpcorn Art handy...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye posted:

are we doing dogges again because I missed the Australian shepherd party last time and holy gently caress do I have some doozies

this dogge is top tier

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

We're going to need that Parpcorn Art handy...

Can't remember which goon made it but they did God's work.

Also bumping this

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Made me giggle

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

I'll go for this as well

helo comando

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol imagine being disco lando right now

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol imagine being disco lando right now

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
we will take you in as one of our own Jared. Don't put up with this poo poo.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Spill the beans pls. Tia

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gooble gobble one of us one of us

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Waiting for disco to offhandedly mention he has 'stairs in his house'

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

OK, so time for bed. I expect Star Citizen to be out of business, foreclosed sign on door, and Sandi in a unemployment line by breakfast.

You got work to do commandos....

GET TO IT.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

pgabz just loving destroyed the entire griefing system ajfnkladsjklanfsdkln fa l

Why the gently caress would they tie the respawn timer to the loving system clock :psyduck:

"Uhh yeah we thought about having the respawn timer server side, but uh, it... uuhh seems like that's the kind of thing best managed by the clients"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Friend, did you scroll past the entire TracerGate

We fought about that one for about five pages. I think we concluded he traced the DA thing, not the source image

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

The label says it contains Phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine is likely a allergy warning, it's probably sweetened with aspartame. Do you guys sweeten your drugs?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I am a member of a little private forum and ofc it has some shitizens, and I've been trying to educate them so they can get their money back. They've also started arguing with each other about it. One of them (2-3 grand taken by croberts as best as I know) said this yesterday:

a sperg posted:

Yeah space engineers is awesome, completely different game. No mans sky is a completely different game. Elite will put out a sequel but it will still be boring as poo poo.

Elite does not look as good as SC lol, have you even played both of them? ED is a "in ship or buggy" experience. ED does great graphics with the space parts like planets and such, but that's about it.
When it comes to the ships and stations its not even close to the same fidelity.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Phenylalanine is likely a allergy warning, it's probably sweetened with aspartame. Do you guys sweeten your drugs?

Sugar coatings on drugs to make them not taste loving awful and 'burn' your mouth if you fail to swallow them are pretty common.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Derek please message me the passssswoooooorddddd.

I'm the bloody party chairman Derek I HAVE TO KNOW.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

hakimashou posted:

I am a member of a little private forum and ofc it has some shitizens, and I've been trying to educate them so they can get their money back. They've also started arguing with each other about it. One of them (2-3 grand taken by croberts as best as I know) said this yesterday:

yeah elite does the space parts better, but SC is the better space game

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I've found that a filter replacing the word 'fidelity' with the phrase '(by the way, I am a gullible prick and can be safely ignored)' improves quality of life in forums and comment feeds exponentially.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Moogle posted:

I've found that a filter replacing the word 'fidelity' with the phrase '(by the way, I am a gullible prick and can be safely ignored)' improves quality of life in forums and comment feeds exponentially.

I'd never come across one of the shitzens in the wild talking about fidelity, i got a big kick out of it.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
'Immersion' is another favourite (no prizes for 'immersed in what'). A regular expression you could run to check for instances of 'immersion' and 'fidelity' in the same paragraph, and overlay that block of text with a child's crayon drawing of a cock and balls would be browser plugin of the year, every year.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

hakimashou posted:

I'd never come across one of the shitzens in the wild talking about fidelity, i got a big kick out of it.

One came into the discord chat telling me to enjoy my "5 polygons" with Elite.

Oh sorry what was that? I'm playing an actual game and my attention was elsewhere.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
You could say that they're simply copying the style of the original game and basing the ships on those iconic primitive shapes.

Much like Chris is copying the style of his original game, and most of the ships are two dimensional pictures.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Anybody using the word fidelity unironically is human garbage. I'm not exaggerating on this at all

e: :hfive: Moogle is correct

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Moogle posted:

You could say that they're simply copying the style of the original game and basing the ships on those iconic primitive shapes.

Much like Chris is copying the style of his original game, and most of the ships are two dimensional pictures.

N O I C E

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Moogle posted:

'Immersion' is another favourite (no prizes for 'immersed in what'). A regular expression you could run to check for instances of 'immersion' and 'fidelity' in the same paragraph, and overlay that block of text with a child's crayon drawing of a cock and balls would be browser plugin of the year, every year.

I'm kind of glad they just stick to "fidelity" and "immersion" and don't branch out to ruin more of the English language.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
All these references to 'fidelity' and now I learn they mean fidelity as in a fine reproduction, rather than fidelity of their zealot faith to Christ Roberts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zo posted:

It's so they can one day say "look we haven't reset the persistence in two months that means the game actually launched two months ago, so we're actually live right now, no refunds".

They're literally going to do exactly this, it's pretty obvious.

Well, if Steam can refuse me refunds on games I bought long before the refund program, but have never been able to play, I can't see why CIG can't do the same, claiming the next patch is RTM...

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D_Smart posted:

Yes. That's because they are reading this forum. I started using the word bookmark for my recent revelations just yesterday.

If she isn't Sandi, as the evidence suggests, they it's someone in the CS team. However, I don't believe that Sandi would have a known alt account, knowing that once this shitshow collapses, those very same CS people are going to be spilling the beans.

Goods time are ahead folks.

Two Weeks.

Emphasis Mine.

Posted two weeks ago...

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sillybones posted:

All these references to 'fidelity' and now I learn they mean fidelity as in a fine reproduction, rather than fidelity of their zealot faith to Christ Roberts.

:yarg: Fidelitas usque ad mortem :gary:

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Emphasis Mine.

Posted two weeks ago...

this banner is an extremely bad idea, nobody should do this

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Moogle posted:

mother of god

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was probably already posted here, if not. Recently ~director logs from the EVE Goons came out and there was some pretty :yikes: stuff posted (eg. demanding CCP do what they want, smugging about CCP's PR guy potentially getting in trouble because of not doing what they want, etc.). It's all pretty long and mostly bleh but if you have the time and want to check them out, they're on the front page of the r/EVE subreddit at the moment called "GSF Jabber Logs."

Anyway this dumbo posted this thread about Derek for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4edr1z/what_is_the_difference_between_derek_smart_and/

quote:

The fact that The Mittani actually made some money, and then shot himself in the foot, rear end in a top hat, and hand right at the very end.

In contrast, Derek Smart shot his career to death with a shotgun right at the very beginning.

But let's talk about what's not different between them.

- They both are so narcissistic that they have lost sight of reality.
- They both have destroyed any reasonable chance of gainful employment in their respective careers in the near and long term. (OK, maybe not so much for The Mittani, he's perfectly capable of self-employment.)
- They are both responsible for creating so much rope to hang themselves with in civil and/or criminal court.

I've said that Derek Smart and The Mittani have very few differences between them in two prior threads and got downvoted to oblivion for it. By people who likely:

- have drank the kool-aid
- are huge fans of Derek Smart or The Mittani
- don't like the comparison of The Mittani to Derek Smart (which is a semi-fair reason given how insane Derek Smart has become).
- can't tell the difference between a 125mm Light Autocannon and a Dual Giga Beam Laser.

That said, I'll keep saying this as many times as I have to until either: A) The Mittani wakes the gently caress up and drinks Reality's full cup of poo poo-coffee, or B) The Imperium is wiped from the face of New Eden.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 12, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Emphasis Mine.

Posted two weeks ago...

Derek Smart may be full of poo poo, but he definitely does use "two weeks" as a meme, not to be taken literally.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Chalks posted:

Derek Smart may be full of poo poo, but he definitely does use "two weeks" as a meme, not to be taken literally.

#ELE #GoDerek

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Chalks posted:

Derek's also a pretty good troll and I would not be at all surprised if he hosed with us by making sure to tell us two weeks before a huge reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Whether or not anything else he says is meant to be taken literally is a subject for debate.

• Locked thread