Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

criscodisco posted:

All they need to do now is cram a dozen klieg lights under the judge's desk so that the only features left are their lips and hair.

Don't forget vaseline-o-vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was expecting Acid to abort the baby, chuck it offstage and start dancing up a storm.

Looks like she made up her mind, and she's keeping her baby. :iamafag:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Thorgy's apparently spilled the T at her RPDR viewing party that the producers strongly encouraged her to keep her kimono look (and that she now wishes she had switched to her Plan B Madonna look as she intended).

Still no excuses because you gotta have the Nerve to buck producer trickery, but that helps explain that remarkable coincidence somewhat.
It was worth it to see Raja have a loving conniption fit on Fashion Photo RuView.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Where are these viewing parties with Thorgy?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

At the Metropolitan Bar in Brooklyn!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Chaotic Flame posted:

The thread on reddit said it was in Metropolitan at Brooklyn.
I don't know if she's in the same place every week but I do know a lot of queens have viewing party gigs (Willam was with Laganja last week!) so you might wanna look up local queens or any queen you're particularly interested in seeing.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Sweet. I'll have to try to hit this up some week since I live in Brooklyn.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Just wanted to make sure you know that if the Divas of Drag tour is coming near you, you HAVE to go.

That was a hell of a show.

edit: For more detail, we had an absolutely killer lineup. Acid Betty was a late addition to Vicky Vox, Yara Sofia, Milk, Kennedy Davenport, Jujubee, Alyssa Edwards, Trixie Mattel, Roxxxy Andrews, and Latrice Royale. Mimi Imfurst hosted, as she put the whole tour together, and was entertaining and shady. I can't decide what my favorite moment was. The miracle dollar that flew in from the crowd, landing in Vicky Vox's cleavage and stunning her into promising to suck the thrower's dick after the show? Yara Sofia stealing and chugging our friend's beer mid-song? Latrice bringing the house down? Kennedy absolutely slaying (everything you've heard about her being the best and most athletic dancer in drag is absolutely true and was almost totally hidden on RPDR)? I keep cycling through them and remembering more.

Here's some pictures!

ALFbrot fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 11, 2016

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ALFbrot posted:

Just wanted to make sure you know that if the Divas of Drag tour is coming near you, you HAVE to go.

That was a hell of a show.

edit: For more detail, we had an absolutely killer lineup. Acid Betty was a late addition to Vicky Vox, Yara Sofia, Milk, Kennedy Davenport, Jujubee, Alyssa Edwards, Trixie Mattel, Roxxxy Andrews, and Latrice Royale. Mimi Imfurst hosted, as she put the whole tour together, and was entertaining and shady. I can't decide what my favorite moment was. The miracle dollar that flew in from the crowd, landing in Vicky Vox's cleavage and stunning her into promising to suck the thrower's dick after the show? Yara Sofia stealing and chugging our friend's beer mid-song? Latrice bringing the house down? Kennedy absolutely slaying (everything you've heard about her being the best and most athletic dancer in drag is absolutely true and was almost totally hidden on RPDR)? I keep cycling through them and remembering more.

Here's some pictures!

Got VIP tickets for Thursday. So stoked for latrice and Trixie and yara.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I was about to say that all of you american fans should be happy that you even have the opportunity to see the queens, but I spoke to a friend yesterday who hadn't seen my post on facebook about wanting to go (Social anxiety and generally uncomfortable around people I don't know), and went to see them in Copenhagen... I am beyond jealous, but really happy to hear that it is all you wanted, hoped for and more. :allears:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I am going to see the RuPaul's BOTS in May, I went last year and had a good time. What's the difference between that tour and this one besides who is on it?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

I am going to see the RuPaul's BOTS in May, I went last year and had a good time. What's the difference between that tour and this one besides who is on it?

This one was put together by Mimi Imfurst, isn't sanctioned by World of Wonder, and isn't affiliated with Drag Race at all. They definitely respect that institution and what it's done for their careers, but they throw a lot of shade at it as well. Trixie's routine, in particular, is kind of a riot and it focuses on her experience with Michelle Visage.

I'm also going to see BOTS in May, and I guess I'll have a better comparison then.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Dear Robbie,

Lions are the king of the jungle. Not the forest.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

:qq: I PUT MYSELF IN A BRITNEY BOX :qq:

also ChiChi is definitely getting a personal arc boost, that runway look was like Shangela's corn outfit level

Is anyone else watching this with the Logo app and getting nothing but diaper, detergent, and haircare ads? Or does it just think I'm a particularly smelly mom with weak hair?

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Stroop There It Is posted:

Is anyone else watching this with the Logo app and getting nothing but diaper, detergent, and haircare ads? Or does it just think I'm a particularly smelly mom with weak hair?

Me too! What the hell. I didn't know logo had such a soccer mom demo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I've just been posting here under the assumption that all y'all were soccer moms.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I watch the Canadian channel so I just get weird barbershop quartets about Boy Butter Lube and these strange little chat shows where people sit around talking about not much. Lot of Nasty Pig ads too, come to think of it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Actually, come to think of it, Logo in the US shows mostly Luvs diaper ads, fitbit ads and the kind of commercials you only see during daytime judge shows.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

quote:

Naomi Smalls: Your wardrobe reminds me of a legendary Drag Race queen: Nicole Paige Brooks.

:laffo:

Brilliant read, good episode, buh-bye Robbie.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He really should have known better than to 86 the wig.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Can't say that I'm surprised to see Robbie go, but I will miss the shadiest confessional queen.

:colbert: Wheels. :colbert:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It was her Time To Go, I know, and Derrick definitely won that lipsync fair and square, but can't help but feel like Chi Chi should have been in the bottom. (And that maybe I'm just a contrarian who disagrees with literally whatever Ru/the producers do?)

please please please wear a corset/stuff a bra or contour on some boobs jaysus christ :psyduck:

Mouse Dresser posted:

Can't say that I'm surprised to see Robbie go, but I will miss the shadiest confessional queen.

:colbert: Wheels. :colbert:

Ugh my favorite moment. Robbie was a stone-cold, Grade A old school bitchy drag queen. Sayonara sweet thang :patriot:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

what's with Thorgy being the new Bitter Betty :(

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Robbie taking her wig off was shameful

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Seriously, after Ru insulted Milan to her face about the wig flips everyone should know hair and shoes stay ON.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

"I'm not a seamstress" in response to runway crit AND someone taking her wig off during the LSFYL in the same episode? What season is this?

Great ep, though. The Little Women were the best makeover subjects in a minute and that was a drat good Library (aka the only challenge everyone knows is coming, for which everyone also seems to practice)

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I don't know who I would have put in the bottom aside from Robbie, but it wouldn't have been Robbie. Honestly I kinda feel like Bob only got out of it because his dress broke, meaning Chi Chi.
This episode sits with me wrong for a lot of reasons and I'll probably figure out why sometime tomorrow.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
Anyone watched Gay for Play? I've learned that my teen crush on Jerry O'Connell when he was on Sliders was well founded. I loved his rant on who the target demographic was.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Bob or Chi Chi should have been in the bottom. Both looks were terrible. Both their makeup and drag outfits were so lovely. Bob had a great look last week, and even Chi Chi's makeup was on point during the Neon runway. Why so lackluster? -I don't buy the zipper thing. Bob could have hot glued some velcro or something to save the outfit. That makeup was awful.

Robbie taking off his wig was hell to the gently caress no. Why do queens take their wigs off? Breakin' Ru's in the elimination confessional, and breakin' bulbs during a LSFYL.

Always :colbert: Wheels. :colbert:

Derrick gets to stay, he better bring his A-game next week. :cry: BRITNEY BOX WAHH :cry: He looked like he was in pain.

Thorgy actually got mad. That was a surprise. As for the look, I actually liked it. Could have had more EMERALD CITY realness, tho.

Kim Chi should have won that challenge, but Naomi's look with her Little Woman was really couture. I am so happy Kim Chi gets to play another week.

Naomi finally got out of her Victoria's Secret catalog, and got into high fashion like she promised all along. I din't expect it, but she really pulled it off. I also agree with her Little Person (forgot her name) that Midget is derogatory, and hosed up to say. I also hate it when people bend down to get shorter in order to talk to Little People

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Miss Nomer posted:

Anyone watched Gay for Play? I've learned that my teen crush on Jerry O'Connell when he was on Sliders was well founded. I loved his rant on who the target demographic was.

I did. It was okay, I guess. It was outrageously low budget. I did like Jerry O'Connell on it. I had a crush on him in Sliders, too.

I had gotten the impression, from the commercials, that there was celebrity contestants every week, but I guess they are only there to kick it off. Michele Visage looked great, though. Since I only ever see her behind the desk, I had assumed she had an Ursula lower half.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Little Women LA is a big guilty pleasure show for my wife, so we were pretty excited about this episode. I really liked the way they did the pairing, too.

These queens are definitely practicing for their reads now. It's good I guess but some came off way too much like reading from a script.

My wife said last week that she was coming around to Naomi and I was like no way, but she really loving brought it this week.

I really think Robbie could've been competitive in that lip sync if he didn't flip his drat wig. Seriously, bitches, what season is it now? You should know better. Same with the "I'm not a seamstress" non excuse.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

I screamed, "No!" at that wig toss. Robbie Turner should have known better...

I was getting worried when Derrick started taking off his little baubles, but she's a good performer. She knows better than to take off her leotard on stage.

Also, that dance number was so dumb. Kimchi should have won that challenge!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
This episode surprised me so many times.

Chi Chi wasn't in the bottom. What?? I love Chi Chi, but that look didn't work. I'm happy to have her another week, at least.

Naomi won! I expected that she'd go home this week, just based on her performance the last few weeks but she really brought it. Loved her couture, it looked fantastic and she definitely deserved the win.

I'm not sure Robbie belonged in the bottom. Her look wasn't GOOD, but I think Chi Chi's was much worse. That wig toss was shameful, doesn't she know better? I think Derrick really brought it in the lip sync, now I'm waiting to see if she hits bottom 2 next week, too.

I'm NOT surprised Bob wasn't in the bottom. His partner did look fabulous, it just seemed like he was really determined to make sure that she looked good and kind of let his own look fall by the wayside. Which is pretty bad, but I can see why he was safe.

I have no idea what to say about that dance. I didn't understand it on any level, but I DID like the runway theme, I just wish some of the queens had taken it farther. I guess there just wasn't the time? And it is harder when they have to do two of them..

vvv No one gives a poo poo about lesbians. source: am lesbian

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 12, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
speaking of gay for play I really enjoyed willam dragging it on Instagram and him talking about how logo doesn't give a poo poo about lesbians

like finally, someone said it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Stroop There It Is posted:

:qq: I PUT MYSELF IN A BRITNEY BOX :qq:

also ChiChi is definitely getting a personal arc boost, that runway look was like Shangela's corn outfit level

Given how low rent Logo is, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that they don't even have a dedicated advertising department. It's probably just Viacom using the same ads that they use for every Tier 3 cable channel, not even trying to cater to their audience.

Troposphere posted:

speaking of gay for play I really enjoyed willam dragging it on Instagram and him talking about how logo doesn't give a poo poo about lesbians

like finally, someone said it

You're right. Especially ever since they decided a few years ago that they weren't going to be a gay channel anymore. They have what, like 2 original shows now? The least they could do would be to show reruns of The L Word or something.

Anyway, Naomi deserved that win. They really lit the fire under her rear end last week, and some queens will crumble under that pressure, but she took it and really elevated her drag.

I think they were a little harsh on Thorgy this week, I actually quite liked her look. But I'm not surprised that she is getting frustrated. She's come in second pretty much every single week, and a couple of those times she was the clear winner.

If Robbie and Derrick's looks hadn't been so atrocious, Chichi and Bob would have been lipsyncing for sure. Derrick killed that lip sync, but now that Robbie is gone, and Naomi pulled off a win, Derrick is the last of the Tier 2 queens this season.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Chi Chi should have been in Robbie's place for not spending enough time on her look.

I like Chi Chi, but the girl dressed up as Dorothy and didn't even wear red shoes. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Nemo posted:

Chi Chi should have been in Robbie's place for not spending enough time on her look.

I like Chi Chi, but the girl dressed up as Dorothy and didn't even wear red shoes. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I think at this point in the competition, your performance history starts to affect the judging panel, so given the fact that Chichi has done better overall in the competition than Robbie resulted in Chichi being safe.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm guessing that everyone films their talking head moments after production has wrapped and last night I said to my wife early on "I think Robbie goes home tonight" because Jesus Christ was she cattier than usual. I liked Naomi's improvement but I still think there is a disconnect there because she made the comment that the "other girls" don't think that a lot of effort goes into her drag and her body. She isn't getting that no one said that - but she needs to kick it up a bit. This was a costumeish challenge and she did an amazing job as Scarecrow. Let's see what happens next week when she's back to modeling.

And why haven't the judges asked her to contour or add breasts yet?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nemo posted:

Ru went *way* out of his way to emphasize that the challenge was based on the book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", not the 1939 movie. The former is in the public domain, the latter emphatically isn't, and Dorothy's shoes are silver in the book, not ruby slippers (which might well also be a registered trademark.) Chi Chi could have been specifically told to avoid red shoes for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Midgets

• Locked thread