Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If it's like Bloodborne, I'd imagine it's on the side of the touch pad. Left for gesture and right for menu.

Speaking of which why the gently caress did they change the sides for upvoting and downvoting messages :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Cathedral of the Deep/Chapel is just tooooooooooooooo loving long for how many enemies there are. This is just tedious and irritating.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Andrigaar posted:

Cathedral of the Deep/Chapel is just tooooooooooooooo loving long for how many enemies there are. This is just tedious and irritating.

Yeah, word.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Question about the second boss in the game:

So I was co-oping with someone else and we fought Dancer of the Boreal Valley, which horribly murdered me. Then playing on my own when I got there I said "gently caress that" and turned the other way and killed some other dude Of The Boreal Valley. That ended in a dead-end, so I turned around and went back to the Dancer who... wasn't there, just some old lady who gave me a banner that took me further into the game. What gives? Do you only have to kill one or the other? Did I lock myself out of a fight?

Anywho overall review after ~4 hours, the game is absolutely incredible. PS4 framerate is a little iffy, especially when fighting goop monsters. I'm a big fan of the fact that they seem to have copied the Bloodborne mechanic of having a bonfire spawn in the boss room on victory.

Huh. I fought Voldt first and never saw the Dancer. Hope I'm not locked out too...

e: already answered. thread moves 2fast4me

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Spoilers for Road of Sacrifices: I've got to the Abyss Watchers and lit the nearby bonfire (Peripheral Faron Keep or something like that). There's a message next to a suspicious pile of rubble that makes me think there's supposed to be an NPC. Am I just being gaslighted or did I miss somebody? God knows I was not being super thorough in the hell of Poisoned Basilisks.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Panty Saluter posted:

Huh. I fought Voldt first and never saw the Dancer. Hope I'm not locked out too...

Same. This is the first I'm hearing about such a thing. What a game!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

After spending like 3 hours in that place the loving poison swamp is going to be a relief by comparison. Goddamn those hooded fuckers.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Panty Saluter posted:

You didn't. The dancer is a late game boss that people are summoning early to create twink characters (or because they're wreckless idiots).

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Well, I just had my first real glitch. Crystal Sage just had two indestructible copies and I couldn't do jack against it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Started the game finally, beat that noob trap Crystal Lizard and the first real boss in 1 try each. Died a couple times to that Katana guy.

How early can I get the Greatsword? I know it's in the game.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I keep getting immediately attacked as a purple phantom :(

Usually by 2 people at minimum. At least pretend we can be friends guys...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
At level 42 I finally went back after cheesing the Dancer fight yesterday night with Sword Master at level 22 or something like that and wow, running through that area at that level is like Running Simulator 2016. Everything can basically two shot you, including the crossbow guys.

EDIT: Still made it to Dragonslayer Armor though, so the tried and true From Soft strategy of "just run through everything" still works, as it always did and always will.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
If anyone is still getting crashes then what you want to do is set your pagefile to manaul, up it to the recommended setting (in my 8gb ram case, the page file is 12gigs) and then run ds3 in borderless window mode via the borderless window program.

game is super stable for me right now on max settings. knock on wood.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

man nurse posted:

Yeah, word.

I gave up fighting, it's too crowded. Just ran/rolled by everyone, opened a big door, died, repeated twice and found a shortcut that basically removes most of that portion of the game from my path for now.

E:

Hakkesshu posted:

After spending like 3 hours in that place the loving poison swamp is going to be a relief by comparison. Goddamn those hooded fuckers.

Poison swamp? I'm having enough trouble with these leeches and the bloodbite ring seemingly doing nothing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Getting the loving firekeeper set has been the hardest thing in the game so far.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is there some other area I could go to beside Falros Keep? The boss seems a bit too much for me, I even summoned help but I end up using all my estus early on

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
mound making is so loving good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Andrigaar posted:

I gave up fighting, it's too crowded. Just ran/rolled by everyone, opened a big door, died, repeated twice and found a shortcut that basically removes most of that portion of the game from my path for now.

I ended up doing the same thing. Just bum rushing through until I could open the next shortcut, and then finally reaching the boss.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

I'd been reckless with paying attention and reading messages left by other players until I went through there. I finally picked up after getting ganked by Zweihander smeagols and getting shot off the rafters.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I am in love with being a bluecop in Undead Settlement.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zombies' Downfall posted:

mound making is so loving good

Really wish I hadn't locked myself out of that covenant since it sounds like a better time than darkwraithing right now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Funkmaster General posted:

You didn't. The dancer is a late game boss that people are summoning early to create twink characters (or because they're wreckless idiots).

Except that was another weird thing.

So there were two phantoms, me and someone else. The host entered the dancer's chamber and we couldn't follow until the boss was initiated. The host also couldn't leave until he initiated. Obviously I don't know what he did in there, but maybe he had to kill the woman to trigger the boss fight? So weird

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

Really wish I hadn't locked myself out of that covenant since it sounds like a better time than darkwraithing right now.

basically people summon you and chaos ensues; sometimes I go after the host, sometimes the host goes after me, sometimes we clear half the stage together, sometimes I just run and hide

unlike wraithing a person just has to summon you, and I think most of them don't even understand what purple phantoms do yet

EDIT: assassin is also my favorite starting class ever, fall control lets you do all sorts of stupid poo poo and take shortcuts

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Notorious QIG posted:

Question about the second boss in the game:

So I was co-oping with someone else and we fought Dancer of the Boreal Valley, which horribly murdered me. Then playing on my own when I got there I said "gently caress that" and turned the other way and killed some other dude Of The Boreal Valley. That ended in a dead-end, so I turned around and went back to the Dancer who... wasn't there, just some old lady who gave me a banner that took me further into the game. What gives? Do you only have to kill one or the other? Did I lock myself out of a fight?

Anywho overall review after ~4 hours, the game is absolutely incredible. PS4 framerate is a little iffy, especially when fighting goop monsters. I'm a big fan of the fact that they seem to have copied the Bloodborne mechanic of having a bonfire spawn in the boss room on victory.

Oh, just keep playing~ :3:

Don't forget to look at the shiny loot you got from Vordt, too!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh, just keep playing~ :3:

Don't forget to look at the shiny loot you got from Vordt, too!

What, his soul? I don't remember getting anything else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

For some reason those blood witch people in the Undead Settlement are among the most unnerving enemies in this series to me

They just want to give you a big warm hug :)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Where am I supposed to have found the red soapstone? I feel like I went past it a long time ago. I am at the point where I just found the sunbros cov

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there a SA IRC channel for *Souls games?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

The first time I fought one I backstabbed her right as she did her menacing laugh and thought she's was gonna blow up in my face or something.

Probably the most troublesome common enemy I've fought so far especially the one in the Cathedral that's in an extremely claustrophobic area at the top of a ladder.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zombies' Downfall posted:

EDIT: assassin is also my favorite starting class ever, fall control lets you do all sorts of stupid poo poo and take shortcuts

I've been trying out Assassin, actually, and I think this is the character I'm going through the game with. Reasonable stat spread, outrageously useful early spell (seriously, Spook is incredibly multipurpose), cool looking outfit, and one of the better weapons in the game.

(I'm also now being reminded of how useful having a bow is. Still can't find a Shortbow, but the Longbow from High Walls has served me well innumerable times.)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Where am I supposed to have found the red soapstone? I feel like I went past it a long time ago. I am at the point where I just found the sunbros cov

Near Rosaria

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
From, why the gently caress do I need to sit through your Namco splash screen every time I want to go back to the main menu?

For that matter why the hell can't we just exit from in-game?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Party Plane Jones posted:

From, why the gently caress do I need to sit through your Namco splash screen every time I want to go back to the main menu?

It's a port of a console game. That's why.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Punching Alt-F4 is faster even when you factor in having to push OK on the nag box the next time you start the game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

neurotech posted:

Is there a SA IRC channel for *Souls games?

#FROMGoons on irc.synirc.net

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I hadn't even seen that move by the time I wrote that. They just get worse and worse.

On another note I just found a skeleton with a hat on :3:

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

lets hang out posted:

#FROMGoons on irc.synirc.net

Cheers, thank you.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just alt+f4 you big baby. This has always been the solution.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My SL15 is able to invade fine in the sixth zone (warp menu, sixth tab, that's how I count them) :psyduck:

Any PS4 user need a hand? Since I'm online a while longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh god Catacombs is so brutal, I love it. The rolling ball of skeletons :allears: Not to mention the pots that if you break, shoot death lasers at you

Also, got the invisible roll ring :getin:

Demicol posted:

Is there some other area I could go to beside Falros Keep? The boss seems a bit too much for me, I even summoned help but I end up using all my estus early on

Yes, there's a whole other path out of the upper area that leads to a different boss and the Cathedral. And a very easy boss.