Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

WampaLord posted:

"Oh good, you made it over. BATH TIME!"

:3:

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM stop embarrassing me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Hnnnnnnngh my cuteness glands

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Klaus88 posted:

I want to pick up this sawed off cat and nuzzle his/her belly. :allears:

That's a cat that has the Munchkin mutation. They're adorable but expensive, not Bengal expensive, but still a couple hundred bucks for a kitten.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEAh5C8ppDe/

HAPPY HOUR HAPPY HOUR HAPPY HOUR

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Klaus88 posted:

I want to pick up this sawed off cat and nuzzle his/her belly. :allears:

Best part is the legs being too stubby to spring the 5-pointed trap :woop:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This is a goddamn Khajiit and I will not hear otherwise.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
The other day, I posted here about the passing of my cat, Dead Kitty.

We took her body to the local Cat Doctor today, because they do little cremations. The vet there took the box we brought her in, walked to the back, but soon came racing back out as I settled the fee.

The vet does brief checks on each kittycorpse before processing. This cat had been in there since Saturday, hadn't moved or made a peep, but she detected a faint heartbeat.

By some grace of something, a liter of fluid later, some steroids and antibiotics, and a nebulizer treatment, she's now asleep in the doorway to my bedroom.

Her name is now Lazarus.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Busket Posket posted:

We took her body to the local Cat Doctor today, because they do little cremations. The vet there took the box we brought her in, walked to the back, but soon came racing back out as I settled the fee.

The vet does brief checks on each kittycorpse before processing. This cat had been in there since Saturday, hadn't moved or made a peep, but she detected a faint heartbeat.

By some grace of something, a liter of fluid later, some steroids and antibiotics, and a nebulizer treatment, she's now asleep in the doorway to my bedroom.

Her name is now Lazarus.

:catstare:

Holy poo poo. That's a hardcore nap right there.

:kimchi::hf::catstare:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow.. amazing news!

That cat wins "Heaviest Sleeper of 2016" for sure.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

Good name. Good catte.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :yayclod:

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Busket Posket posted:

feline resurrection

Holy poo poo . Give her lots of hugs :3:

XYZ has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Apr 13, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

woah :stare:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

I'm very happy for you! Cat's all nbd, one down eight to go

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Sorry for dark picture. I passed out last night before my partner came to bed. Apparently whilst falling asleep, I had put my foot over one of our dogs. She allowed this to happen and didn't wake me, but she was very put upon by the whole situation.

Please note: there was, at this point, the rest of the queen bed that she could have slept on, but she needed to be right there.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

Eight to go!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
should rename the cat Caro

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

Hardcore napping there.

Also I love how she's passed out in the threshold :kimchi:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all

But I'm gonna need some belly rubs and a can of tuna first
Just sayin'"

Seriously, congrats. Good kitty, good vet.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I promised I'd swing by with the occassional buttery update so I'm gonna crosspost this because he's just being totally ridiculous tonight:

Chili posted:

Does anyone still believe me when I say that Butterscotch is a very happy cat?

Also, he does... this weird thing. He likes to nurse, or... well... try to nurse... on blankets.

Typically he's very vulnerable when he tries this but we just got a new blanket and he we was so into it that he didn't seem to care that we documented it.

Without further ado: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDHUpu8FcI0

When he's done with this, the blankets are always totally soaked through.

Such a weird little fucker.

Edit: A poster in his thread asked how much he weighs, which reminded me that I hadn't weighed him in awhile...

23.5 pounds! He's lost 6.5 pounds since he's been with us! So happy! :neckbeard:

Chili has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Apr 13, 2016

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
OMG Butterscotch is so great.

And the vet said to let Lazarus rest tonight so the insane amount of hugs and pets and tuna smoothies will have to wait, but I wanted to share the :woop: with you people who helped me earlier.

:woop:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Eponine posted:

Sorry for dark picture. I passed out last night before my partner came to bed. Apparently whilst falling asleep, I had put my foot over one of our dogs. She allowed this to happen and didn't wake me, but she was very put upon by the whole situation.

Please note: there was, at this point, the rest of the queen bed that she could have slept on, but she needed to be right there.

Your feet were cold, she was helping.

Also, YAY BUTTERS AND LAZARUS, PATRON SAINTS OF CUTE THREAD

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Lazarus!

:kimchi:

That's amazing! It's been a good day for pets today- in the bird thread, someone managed to get back their bird buddy after he got out, there's a kitty back from the dead, Butters is a little less buttery, and Momo has finally learned how to sit on the windowsill.

All in all, a good day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good god. :stare:

Did the vet offer any ideas as to what happened?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Some sort of monstrous sinus/respiratory infection that left her unable to smell or eat, and produced massive amounts of mucus that clogged her throat. The vet said she pulled massive strings of snot out Lazarus' nose and mouth, and it likely gummed up her digestive tract which is why she wasn't voiding. As Dr. Coker said, "millions of years of evolution and they can die from a chest cold."

I was 100% sure I heard the death rattle, but she had been somehow breathing so shallowly her chest didn't perceptively move. Or she stopped breathing for a few hours and started again? There doesn't seem to be any cognitive damage, though she's still in rough physical shape. Her eyes are clear now though, and she's trying to meow but creaking and wheezing instead.

Tomorrow I have to blend up some wet food with warm water and syringe it into her mouth to get her strength back up. I'm just so glad to have my cuddlefloofmonster back :3:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Holy poo poo, that's incredible. Congratulations. :glomp:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That cat is loving metal.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...
My fluffbutt, Otis:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
On girlfriend's orders, here's Pepper lazing in a sunbeam:

Also commonly found upside-down:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Busket Posket posted:

Her name is now Lazarus.

Busket Posket posted:

Some sort of monstrous sinus/respiratory infection that left her unable to smell or eat, and produced massive amounts of mucus that clogged her throat. The vet said she pulled massive strings of snot out Lazarus' nose and mouth, and it likely gummed up her digestive tract which is why she wasn't voiding. As Dr. Coker said, "millions of years of evolution and they can die from a chest cold."

I was 100% sure I heard the death rattle, but she had been somehow breathing so shallowly her chest didn't perceptively move. Or she stopped breathing for a few hours and started again? There doesn't seem to be any cognitive damage, though she's still in rough physical shape. Her eyes are clear now though, and she's trying to meow but creaking and wheezing instead.

Tomorrow I have to blend up some wet food with warm water and syringe it into her mouth to get her strength back up. I'm just so glad to have my cuddlefloofmonster back :3:

if I ever needed a better sign of a loving and caring God :gbsmith: :stwoon:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Chili posted:

I promised I'd swing by with the occassional buttery update so I'm gonna crosspost this because he's just being totally ridiculous tonight:

Edit: A poster in his thread asked how much he weighs, which reminded me that I hadn't weighed him in awhile...

23.5 pounds! He's lost 6.5 pounds since he's been with us! So happy! :neckbeard:

This has me really conflicted. On one hand, great job and good for you Butterscotch for better health! On the other hand; it's less Butterscotch.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Cute Thread 2016: Hardcore napping

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Booger Presley posted:

This has me really conflicted. On one hand, great job and good for you Butterscotch for better health! On the other hand; it's less Butterscotch.

Less Butter, more Scotch. Still good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:petdog: That is the prettiest goat

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Booger Presley posted:

It's less Butterscotch but over a longer period of time. While 30 pound Butterscotch was certainly a majestic beast, he wasn't going to be sticking around that long.

Also, holy poo poo, Lazarus. That's incredible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Can you time them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

mick ohio posted:

My fluffbutt, Otis:

Otis looks like an excellent fluffbutt who cares about the cleanliness of your face.

Lazarus update: The prognosis was 2-3 days of syringe-feeding her warmed slurry to get her strength back enough to eat on her own. I got up at 6:00, and she started the mega-meows she does to say I'M HUNGRY. Mind you, she showed no interest in food for two days prior to her 'demise,' so it's been almost a week since I've heard that meow.

I put some wet foods with gravy on a plate to see what she'd do.

Here she is, demolishing said foods. :black101:

Two hours later, she's kept the food down and got a solid hour of cuddles and pets while purring like a muscle car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

"Cross a bunny with a goat?" they said. "Madness! Science has gone too far!" Well, my friends. I stand here before you today as proof that, no. Science has arrived at her intended destination.