Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Man, looking at old b-scotch videos he already looks so much better than he did! I mean just check this old vid out guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhDLdwN8f2c

I love this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Does anyone still believe me when I say that Butterscotch is a very happy cat?

Also, he does... this weird thing. He likes to nurse, or... well... try to nurse... on blankets.

Typically he's very vulnerable when he tries this but we just got a new blanket and he we was so into it that he didn't seem to care that we documented it.

Without further ado: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDHUpu8FcI0

When he's done with this, the blankets are always totally soaked through.

Such a weird little fucker.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How much does he weigh now? He's looking trim.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How much does he weigh now? He's looking trim.

Oh my goodnes! It hadn't occurred to me that we hadn't weighed him in a while. Your post prompted me and he weighs 23.5 pounds now! Down a whole pound since his last weigh in! Thank you for reminding me, this just made my day!

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Chili posted:

Also, he does... this weird thing. He likes to nurse, or... well... try to nurse... on blankets.

Typically he's very vulnerable when he tries this but we just got a new blanket and he we was so into it that he didn't seem to care that we documented it.

We used to have a miniature poodle who would do the same type of thing on stuffed toys, and a cat who would suck on the tip of her tail. I guess it just makes them feel secure? It's so cute to see Butterscotch doing it though. :3: he's the best catte.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

He looks like a happy cat in that picture, to me :3: A content, happy cat.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chili posted:

Oh my goodnes! It hadn't occurred to me that we hadn't weighed him in a while. Your post prompted me and he weighs 23.5 pounds now! Down a whole pound since his last weigh in! Thank you for reminding me, this just made my day!

Holy crap good job Butterscotch! Pretty soon it'll be all rock hard abs and cleft chins.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Chili posted:

All I know is this is a thing cats do when taken from their mother too early and also goddamn he's adorable.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I wish my cat did that to blankets; her preferred target is human faces.

Also Butterscotch is adorable, and I love your videos. :3:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Anoia posted:

All I know is this is a thing cats do when taken from their mother too early and also goddamn he's adorable.

I think the "taken too early" is part of it, but it might also just be how Butterscotch expresses his sense of safety and comfort. :kimchi:

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-behavior-nurse-blankets-clothing

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
My kitty Gypsy (RIP) was an early orphaned baby when we found her... she was only a day or so old and I ended up hand feeding her. She was such a good kitty. She smurgled everything remotely blanket-like her whole life. In fact, when she had to be put down at 13 due to her cancer, that's how she went. Sitting in my lap with her favorite blanket, making biscuits, and purring away as she passed. Still makes me tear up, but, all in all seems like a nice way to go... doing what you loved. We had her cremated with that blankie. It was the same one she had as a baby, and always went back to. We figured she would have liked that.

We have had other kitties since then that do a similar thing. Finn, our latest, was a shelter kitty we got when he was 12 weeks old. He still tries to nurse on the fleece blankets on the bed, and the soft cat bed covers we have. He also insists on pressing one upper fang against my cheeks or neck as he makes biscuits on me off and on during the day, and drools his little heart out. He was trying to nurse on me for the longest time, but grew out of that into the one fang bit, and other than my neck and cheek....he now only goes for the sheets and cat beds for the most part. He loves to pull at the fleecy bits on the cat beds so he can try to nurse on them...all the cat beds have these spiky sticky up bits from him on them lol

Joey did the nursing thing too as a tiny kitten, come to think of it. He was a shelter kitty, and we got him at just about 8 weeks old. He would jet up my legs and launch himself into my neck to try to nurse on my neck or ears. He eventually grew out of that after a year or two (thank goodness) and has not gone after anything else for a while. Of course, now that I said that he will probably start up again just to prove me wrong.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good News:

Django and Jazzy were returned after a succesful stay!

Better News:

MOAR KITTEHS

6 two week old kittens and one very good, very responsible, mama cat.

Check em out!

Pictures hardly do these little buggers justice though, so we filmed an unboxing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI_iqzdCVOY

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

You are good peoples.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Banded and named!

Mama came to us as "Sophie" which is fine on its own, but this litter is our Candy bunch:

Yellow Band = Peep
Blue Band = Warhead
Orange Band = Peanut
Green Band = Apple
No Band = Tic Tac
Red Band = Ludo (luden's drops)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I love how they make such a scene when you pick them up and then immediately fall asleep on the towel.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally an unboxing video that I'm down with :3:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
My boyfriend and I are failed foster carers. Almost a year ago we got a tiny screechy orange and white female cat from a local animal shelter, her owner had died and she was constantly being sick from the stress of being in the shelter. No one wanted to adopt her because of her health issues but we had her for six months and some people came to see about adopting her. So we decided we couldn't part with her- she makes the most horrible noises almost constantly and goes wild when one of gets home from work. She insists on sleeping on my boyfriends chest every night, neither of us has ever had such an affectionate pet. Happy to report that her health issues have ceased and she's put on a bit of weight and her coat is much plusher. On the down side she likes drinking out of the toilet and is lazy when it comes to cleaning her feet after digging in the garden. I adore the little fucker and couldn't imagine life without her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chili posted:

Good News:

Django and Jazzy were returned after a succesful stay!

Better News:

MOAR KITTEHS

6 two week old kittens and one very good, very responsible, mama cat.

Check em out!

Pictures hardly do these little buggers justice though, so we filmed an unboxing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI_iqzdCVOY

I feel like the mother had it off with a particularly fluffy tomcat for some of these.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
GUYS GUYS

Tic Tac:

I just can't

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tendai posted:

Finally an unboxing video that I'm down with :3:

More like a re-boxing video

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Chili posted:

GUYS GUYS

Tic Tac:

I just can't

Gimme! :syoon:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

GUYS GUYS

Tic Tac:

I just can't

LOOK AT HIS LITTLE WHITE CRAVAT

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Chili posted:

GUYS GUYS

Tic Tac:

I just can't

Mark my words: this one's trouble.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butterscotch redefines "romp and frolick" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

Butterscotch redefines "romp and frolick" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q
I wasn't expecting to laugh that hard. Holy poo poo, he just hauls rear end.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Imagine being there live. I was pretty hysterical.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Still not fast, but a lot faster than I was expecting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Butterscotch does not like being outside, evidently.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
He likes being outside, he frequently paws at the door. What he may take issue with, however, is being far away from the house. Our other car is like that too.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Chili posted:

the butterrunning is good

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

He likes being outside, he frequently paws at the door. What he may take issue with, however, is being far away from the house. Our other car is like that too.

Must be hell driving further than a few blocks :downsrim:.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hey, at least now you know how to get him to exercise.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
That's some good buttery cardio!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Chili posted:

This makes me so happy. :3:

Also you are braver than I, letting him out in that giant beautiful back yard. I'd be terrified my cats would bolt for the woods or off into someone else's yard or into the street.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Safari Disco Lion posted:

This makes me so happy. :3:

Also you are braver than I, letting him out in that giant beautiful back yard. I'd be terrified my cats would bolt for the woods or off into someone else's yard or into the street.
I'm unconvinced that Butterscotch is outbolting Chili, or willing to bolt anywhere bar his cupboard, to that matter.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
His sprint is quick but I doubt he's much of an endurance runner.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

What if an ice cream truck goes by?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
As of this posting this pregnant cat is about ready to have kittens! She was hanging out in a sink.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Turns out Butters is a homing cat. They used to tie messages to their tails in WWI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
I made a Butterscotch fanart a while back. Wanted to share: