Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

In other situations where a second ball is on the field we stop play and get rid of it (at scrums, taps, and in general play if it interferes with play). Really should have happened here too.

And lol if you want to claim he didn't intentionally kick it at the catcher, that's a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't say he didn't intentionally kick it, I just don't think there was any way to stop play there

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

I didn't say he didn't intentionally kick it, I just don't think there was any way to stop play there

I think the point where he used it to intentionally affect play would be a neat point to stop play.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
What Sims did was cheeky and hilarious, but if it put off the receiver then it's pretty harsh for possession to be lost in that way. I don't know what the rule is, but common sense says that the Tigers should have been given a scrum to restart play.

Moses is out of his mind if he thinks he's worth a million a year- Tuivasa-Sheck is on less than that, and Moses is half the player that he is. I'm not big on Moses, he seems to do well when more defensive attention is focused on Tedesco and Brooks, and he struggles tackling stationary objects.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ball was being dropped at that point, can't erase that from happening

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The rumours are the broncos are going to re sign milford on 1.2 million. Now he wants to stay in brisbane and he will earn more though tpas but the tigers kids arent worth milford money.,

Clubs need to be careful with the cap going to 10 million(what the next increase is supposed to go to ) Players in spine positions are going to be looking at a huge increase in pay but i can see clubs over spending in some mad orgy of retention for halves with the increase and putting pressure on the other positions

Norman is after 800k plus too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The rumours are the broncos are going to re sign milford on 1.2 million. Now he wants to stay in brisbane and he will earn more though tpas but the tigers kids arent worth milford money.,

Clubs need to be careful with the cap going to 10 million(what the next increase is supposed to go to ) Players in spine positions are going to be looking at a huge increase in pay but i can see clubs over spending in some mad orgy of retention for halves with the increase and putting pressure on the other positions

Norman is after 800k plus too.

There's not a whole lot of guys you can build a team around at the position. It makes sense Milford would make bank. This year he's been head and shoulders above Hunt who was looking like the next big thing last year. DCE has seemingly begun to fall back to the pack a little bit as a player, Thurston and cronk are in their early 30s.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If any club is going to spend a ridiculous amount on a player, it'll be the Tigers. Although normally we buy externally for that trick...

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

God I love hearing Jimmy Graham have a whinge to the ref

It's gotta be a penooultiee suuuuhhh

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

God I love hearing Jimmy Graham have a whinge to the ref

It's gotta be a penooultiee suuuuhhh

I think you missed out on a few vowels

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I always thought he had a slightly chewy accent.

For he is with Fui Fui in loving the taste of sweet flesh.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Apparently Daley is considering Moylan for NSW 5/8, even though he threw away the idea of Sezer/Austin because they hadn't played enough games together. There must be a carbon monoxide leak in the NSW coaching office or something that they haven't fixed for the last decade.

If NSW select Tedesco/Austin/Aeynolds/Peats as a spine this year they might be actually competitive, at the very least it'll be a different flavour of failure

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm generally OK with the idea of picking inform players, since normally we stick with mostly the same old useless rejects so anything is better than nothing.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Daley's a loving retard for many reasons, but I don't know why he talks so much about selection every year. People will know who you pick when you announce the loving team, until then keep it to yourself and stop disrupting and unsettling all the candidates with your ceaseless media prattle..

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The annual manipulation of selection criteria to ensure that Mitchell Pearce gets a start is fun to watch. You get "can't pick halves too young, otherwise we'll ruin them like we did with Mullen" followed by "got to fill the team with guys with Origin experience" and then "we can't keep chopping and changing, we've got to give the combinations time to gel".

NSW's spine should be ridiculously easy to figure out, but Daley will find a way to gently caress it up. At fullback you pick one of Tedesco, Dugan or Moylan. The dummy half should probably be Ennis, although Farah might play his way in. The halves should be some combination of Aeynolds (if healthy and in form), Jeynolds, Maloney and Austin. If you want to get cute, now might be the time to give Brooks a run, but Moylan at standoff with all of a preseason game in the position is absurd.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo brooks at half for the Blues.

Wow

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
:lol: Brooks

edit: McFadden has basically done almost everything the fans wanted with this week's selection, Lolohea to standoff Robson gone, and Fusitua on the wing. Also Bodene Thompson is back so Mannering is back at lock.

Can't wait to see us play even worse somehow.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 12, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Foxsports listed the entire Titans team in place of the Tigers and I was quite excited as I think that even though that would be their second game of the weekend they've still got a better chance against the Storm.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

iajanus posted:

In other situations where a second ball is on the field we stop play and get rid of it (at scrums, taps, and in general play if it interferes with play). Really should have happened here too.

And lol if you want to claim he didn't intentionally kick it at the catcher, that's a good one.

I would have picked it up and gone for the drop goal, for sheer comedy value. Definitely would have made it through the sticks from that position, too.

raging bullwinkle
Jun 15, 2011
Hey quick question, why do players throw gang signs after they score a try now? What does it all mean?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I know the interlocking fingers thing that some Wigan guys (and Owen Farrell of Saracens and England RU) like to do after scoring is supposed to be a "JJ" for this charity: http://www.joiningjack.org/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thoughts on Roosters v Panthers?

Was Roosters' last performance them finding form or more just stupid luck. For a team that's so talented they've sure stunk most of the year.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

Thoughts on Roosters v Panthers?

Was Roosters' last performance them finding form or more just stupid luck. For a team that's so talented they've sure stunk most of the year.

The Roosters looked good against the Warriors and were unlucky to lose in lollden point. So they are finding some form. Which is understandable given they lost their central playmaker for dog related activities.

The Panthers are regularly uninspiring, and have been for some time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK how the gently caress was that not either a penalty try or even a penalty? He got smacked in the face hard enough to cut his ear open in the act of scoring. Fairly incomprehensible by the bunker.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

OK how the gently caress was that not either a penalty try or even a penalty? He got smacked in the face hard enough to cut his ear open in the act of scoring. Fairly incomprehensible by the bunker.

Yep, ridiculous to clear that contact. Karate chopped Jennings' ear and nose causing the dropped ball.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Player welfare? Nah.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I mean, I can kind of accept it not being a penalty try but not even a penalty? Staggering.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Parramatta stripped of another clear try. Press conference should be fun.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Starting to think the refs have money on Manly.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Haha, Parra pushing the scrum was pretty funny. Poor Walker got flattened though.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That had to be a square up. Knock on for all money.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

That had to be a square up. Knock on for all money.

Don't care, gently caress Manly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving missed conversions and bent refs cost me my 13+.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Parramatta stripped of another clear try. Press conference should be fun.

It won't be the only time they lose 4 points this year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

It won't be the only time they lose 4 points this year.

We can but hope.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Bunnies getting slaughtered here. Didn't think it would be this ugly.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Bunnies getting slaughtered here. Didn't think it would be this ugly.
is it bad to enjoy it?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It'd be rude not to.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol bunnies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Leeds won, we actually loving won...

Whoever we got Keith Galloway from in the NRL do you guys want him back?

Also the super league is a professional league refereed by amateurs.

• Locked thread