Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

There's nothing wrong with what Lance wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"...I never felt that comfortable around balls" - Lance Storm

What Lance said was fine and touching in a Lance way. He's just a socially awkward dude who cannot ever be anything other than completely straightforward.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lance is actually being very diplomatic in that tweet. He's said in the past how much he hated Balls' hard chair shots and aspects of wrestling him.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That last paragraph is pretty sad. He's the last guy to leave again :smith:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://twitter.com/iLikeSamiZayn/status/720275185249615872

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it wasn't like Lance said "yeah that guy annoyed the poo poo out of me, glad he's gone".

Honestly its a lot better than mine as the first thing I remembered was Balls puking his guts out after Marty Jannetty kabonged him with a chair.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
He can just say nothing at all. That is always an option.

when one of the things you say about a person is that they made you feel uncomfortable, perhaps it may not be the best idea to post it. I feel if you take one moment to look at it you'll tell that maybe somebody might not feel this is the most respectful way to send someone out.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 13, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Is he going to visit El Genericos orphanage?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He feels uncomfortable because Balls was always very friendly, open, and outgoing while Lance Storm is very reserved and quiet. It put Lance out of his comfort zone because he doesn't like talking to people.

You're all antisocial goons I don't know why you're having trouble reading that. Lance said nothing bad about Balls.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GenericMartini posted:

He can just say nothing at all. That is always an option.

when one of the things you say about a person is that they made you feel uncomfortable, perhaps it may not be the best idea to post it.

If you're bothered by someone who says "he was so incredibly nice that I, a socially awkward person, felt uncomfortable around him", then the problem is you.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That Lance storm tweet was hilarious imo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I actually feel bad for Lance because so many people around him are dying, and I've had way too many people in my life die at once and now I'm sad.

I live in Calgary so Im going to find him and hug him.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is lance storm autistic?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

is lance storm autistic?

It's safe to assume anyone that is into pro wrestling as a fan, or as an athlete, has the 'tism

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

You're going to make him uncomfortable.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It's safe to assume anyone that is into pro wrestling as a fan, or as an athlete, has the 'tism

Much like yourself.

...and me. gently caress.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm autistic and I like to watch some pro wrestling, but not all of it.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

is lance storm autistic?

He's autastic!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm going to find you and beat you up

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's incorrect to say "a person is autistic" it's correct to say "they have autism" just for people's edification.

Also don't tell parents their autistic child should be put down since they're a drain on society.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

It's incorrect to say "a person is autistic" it's correct to say "they have autism" just for people's edification.

Also don't tell parents their autistic child should be put down since they're a drain on society.

I read that as train

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all children are drains on society

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

I read that as train

Of course you would, you're a wrestling fan.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

ayn rand hand job posted:

I read that as train

Strange because for me it read as Mass Transit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solus posted:

Is he going to visit El Genericos orphanage?

Would love to see a picture of the two of them together (Dragon Azteca Jr and Rey Mysterio are doing shots in the background).

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Keg posted:

I'm going to find you and beat you up

Meet me at Ranchmans and we'll fight the midget wrestlers.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Lol, looking at Naito's twitter account, It's all retweets and pictures of his hat in different places.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Ostentatious posted:

is lance storm autistic?

Can confirm

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/720484485146484736

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/haritosjose/status/720531400747827200

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/720544460711583744

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Was reading through the thread to see what I missed lately, and...

Skarsnik posted:

Does he have a special mask for eating
Your question was answered earlier today.
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/720632530609655808

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oldpainless posted:

this is a great Lance impression

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Bard Maddox posted:

this is a great Lance impression

It's eerily accurate.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!
Speaking of Lance Storm...
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/720679543053295617

I don't think he would be one to take this down - but here's a CP just in case

quote:

The Jim Cornette Experience

April 14, 2016

In an attempt not to get caught up in a childish Twitter war, or go on a Podcast and get into a heated discussing with a man I do not know, nor respect, I am going to calmly address my issues with the co-host of Jim Cornette's Podcast (The Jim Cornette experience) here.
If you are unaware last week on the JCE Jimmy and his co-host were discussing WrestleMania. Jim hadn't seen the show so his co-host was running it down for him. In his review of the show he made several statements about my friend Chris Jericho that I felt were disrespectful, completely false, and just plain ignorant. In response I Tweeted that Jim Cornette's co-host was being a complete rear end-Hat and was a classic never been there, talking out his rear end. According to my Twitter time line said co-host took me to task on this week's JCE. I have no intention of listening to this week's JCE but thought I should at least clarify my statements and let everyone else judge who is the rear end-Hat.

The statements I took exception to were his reasons for not liking Jericho anymore, which came up when they were discussing the Jericho vs. Styles match. I will address each statement and why I took exception to them and let you be the judge.

He made fun of Jericho's chest and said it looked like he had a bad breast reduction and this for some reason is justification of not liking a guy anymore. Well for the record Jericho's chest does look odd and the reason for that is he suffered a muscle tear in his chest. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to make fun of a 25 year veteran of this sport because of an injury he suffered or how said injury should change your ability to enjoy his matches, but I'm calling this pretty much the definition of rear end-hat behaviour. I wonder if Mr. Co-host enjoys Kofi's work at all.

Mr. Co-host also stated that Jericho has new lifts in his boots, which are making him clumsier than he used to be. Now I'm curious if Mr. Co-host has spoken first hand to Jericho's boot guy or perhaps Jericho himself to verify this matter of fact statement, which I am almost 100% sure if False. Chris is a good friend of mine and I've seen his old boots as well as his current boots (I'm not even sure they are new) and they seem to be the exact same to me. If I am incorrect and Mr. Co-host has actually spoken to the guy who made Jericho's boots and knows for a fact he has added additional lifts to them for Jericho's current WWE run, then I will apologize. I'll even come on the Experience to do so. If he hasn't and in fact has zero knowledge of Jericho's boots and was just making a short joke at the expense of a Wrestling HOFer, then I again call rear end-hat.

He compared Jericho's program with AJ Styles to the burial of young talent in WCW, and basically called Jericho a hypocrite for complaining about it in WCW and perpetrating it in WWE. This is of course a complete bullshit thing to say. I suggest Mr Co-host go back and watch some WCW and rethink his statement. The Jericho vs. AJ program ended with AJ pinning Jericho with the Style's Clash in the middle of the ring on RAW. While I too thought AJ should have won at Mania comparing this program to say Hogan vs. Kidman in WCW or that absurd segment on Nitro where after winning my third consecutive Championship Kevin Nash came out, gave me the big boot, and proceeded to cut a promo about someone else, is ridiculous.

Cornette called him out on the Mania finish stating that Jericho isn't the one booking the finishes and you can't blame him. To this Mr Co-host stated that he was sure (confident, not sure exact word) that Jericho has enough creative control to get Vince to change the finish if he really wanted to. As per the previous point, not actively arguing to do a job is a far cry from actively politicking and booking programs to bury talent and put yourself over. Even if Jericho made no attempt to change the finish, which I have no knowledge of one way or the other, this still isn't on him. Furthermore I'm curious what kind of firsthand knowledge Mr Co-host has where he is confident Jericho has the stroke to change a Mania finish if he so chooses. I suspect he has zero knowledge of this and was once again talking out of his rear end. If he does have such knowledge and can factually state that Jericho could have switched the finish if he wanted to, then again I will be happy to apologize. I wonder if Mr. Co-host will do the apologizing if he doesn't.

The last point I want to address was my statement that Mr-Co-host was a never been there talking out of his rear end. I could see many people thinking this is akin too "He's never taken a bump, therefore he can't have an opinion". That is not what this statement was, this statement was a simple FACT. When Mr Co-host was talking about Jerihco's ability to convince Vince to change a Mania finish he was quite literally a Never been there, talking out of his rear end. I don't believe Mr Co-host has ever been backstage at a WrestleMania, sat down with Vince, and tried to convince him to change his mind about a finish. If he hasn't then he's never been there and was talking out of his rear end. Now once again if in fact he has negotiated a Mania finish with Vince, or even been in the room while someone else has, then I am the one who is mistaken.

That's pretty much where I stand on the issue, and won't comment on it again. If Jimmy reads this and his co-host does in fact have the first hand knowledge to back up his statement, or feels that dumping unfair blame on, or making fun of a 25 year veteran of this sport just for shits and giggles is acceptable then I will happily come on the Jim Cornette Experience and apologise to his co-host. If Jimmy agrees with me on these issues, I call on him to see if his co-host is man enough to apologize for his statements a week ago, and potential anything offensive he may have said this week.

Lance Storm

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Lance Storm writing a long post calmly rebutting and proving that he is not an rear end-Hat is my new favorite Lance thing

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I enjoyed that

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Lance is the best.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Just like his comments about Balls Mahoney, that's Lance dealing with emotions and not really knowing how without sounding so serious. He's essentially just sticking up for one of his oldest friends, which is oddly sweet of him to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People who hate Lance are a lot worse than Lance himself. Lance is cool