Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
GORF - great post, Bethesda may be making a Star Citizen copy? That changes everything...

What timelines do you expect until they release the project? Would E3 2016 be reasonable? That gives four years of development before first announcement.

Edit: first post 'carte

Sperglord fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Daztek posted:

With the way Fallout 4 was announced and released a few months later it'd be funny if they did they same with Starfield and just slamdunked SC

I'v been googling this Starfield, saddened to find so little info *sob*

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

With the way Fallout 4 was announced and released a few months later it'd be funny if they did they same with Starfield and just slamdunked SC

I'd like SC to stay in the spotlight so to speak 'til it crashes

I mean the whale tears about how Bethesda ruined SC would taste pretty sweet, but not as sweet as if they get to blame CIG lol who am I kidding us

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I know the timeline is all wrong for it, but I hope they bought Transverse from :pgi: and are releasing it this year and it ends up being loving amazing.

It would be the ultimate dunk on so many different groups of people.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
MoMA please don't go away yet you have so much to offer us

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I posted my effort post 20 pages behind-- started catching up-- realized there was actually all kinds of drama in the thread-- regretted not checking first-- then furiously sped read Til I got to this picture and breathed a sign of relief... A furniture-related segue is reason enough.

Now going to keep catching up.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

What a complete crock of steaming bullshit.

Walk into a federal building .... (at this point, and with his track record, that could be anything, such as the courthouse he went to fight his moving violation from December). Moreover, any 'details' from the US-side as to company filings are not public privilege, no matter how many crowd-funding terms Derek wants to toss around.

A private company has no obligation to reveal ANY financial to the public. And, about their ToS: google shrink-wrap agreements Derek. If you created and maintain an account with CiG, you abide by the ToS. If you continue to play the game, you abide by the ToS. These terms are not significantly different than any other service providers' terms (such as cell phone carriers or cable providers). Moreover, there is currently no legal repercussion to companies looking to modify their ToS, since that in and of itself is a term one agrees to --- in the ToS.

You are entitled to have opinions - about anything, and at any time. In fact - you are Constitutional empowered to do so. CiG won't bring suit against you, no matter how hard you try to egg them on (until, of course, the project is finished, which could present a real issue with defamation, harassment and intent to disrupt the flow of daily business). Oh, and about your legal right: per the terms of service that you agreed to when you originally pledged, CiG had the right to refund you at their discretion (section 20 of the ToS) for violation of their ToS, which in their view, you performed in your verbal diatribe up to, and including your July blogs. And also per their Terms, any method you use to obtain an account to circumvent your ban that is not a truthful representation of who you are to CiG is, again, in violation of their Terms. Moreover - a dispute in the breach of these terms is subject to binding arbitration.

It's a valiant effort Derek - it truly is. You preach that you want accountability when some say you're just looking for a quick and easy payday. Whatever version of that is true, you should - as a grown adult - just let it be. You are SO enamored with the fact that over 500k individuals are giving money to a venture that, in your eyes, is a fraudulent enterprise. So, why not let those people learn the hard way? You would be much more wise and taken much more seriously if you just chronicle this adventure and comment on it if it all comes crashing down instead of making yourself batshit insane in the meantime.

lol you suck rear end dude

Toops fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 13, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManOfMuchAutism it's cool dude, you're not even the worst poster we've had in here yet. You can still recover.

But seriously, post better. My collection of mangled CPR dummies has a better personality than you do right now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

G0RF posted:

I posted my effort post 20 pages behind-- started catching up-- realized there was actually all kinds of drama in the thread-- regretted not checking first-- then furiously sped read Til I got to this picture and breathed a sign of relief... A furniture-related segue is reason enough.

Now going to keep catching up.

i picked the exact right time to say "gently caress this" and skip to the end, because apparently I dodged the drama and landed on your effortpost

well done.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

God drat that is a comfy looking bean bag.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

First, nice of you to troll public records looking for me.

FYI, I got a Red light camera ticket early this year. I paid an attorney $75 to beat it, since it was wrong (and court ruled illegal). Never stepped foot in a court building. Nice try.

When I come back from lunch, since it was already revealed to me that you are a CIG plant, now it would be my turn to uncover who you are, so you can end the bullshit. You have your "mate" to thank for that. And that's why I have a lockbin account.

Remember, you started this. And you had many chances to not make this personal. You should probably go back to the guide you were given.

bbl

Don't stop, I am almost there! :jackbud:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Nation posted:

remember when cig customer support were telling people who asked for refunds that chargebacks were fraud lmao

Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me, wow what a terrible thing for a money launderer to say

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Any smart, private company divests assets and maximizes opportunities for JPEG sales and Lesnik chair reduction.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - I am not a commando, I do not feel grief

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hell of a bird. Prefer the looks of the Hustler..which is funny cause the FB-111 was to replace it. But the B-58 sans fuel tank...awesome.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ideally? I'd like to see beta at or around Q4 of next year.

Let's forget about the beta
Let's forget about the beta
Let's forget about the beta cos
The beta never comes.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - I am not a crook

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I got a red light camera a couple years ago (right turn on red without a total stop). I really should've fought it but I didn't and just paid it. Months later, they took the cameras down because they were getting too many complaints and losing in court.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
lol this thread exploded with a bunch of weird drama today

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

I got a red light camera a couple years ago (right turn on red without a total stop). I really should've fought it but I didn't and just paid it. Months later, they took the cameras down because they were getting too many complaints and losing in court.

You and Derek must live in the same town.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Clearly the joke was lost. Nevermind.

I am glad you attempted a joke commando

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Man, if somebody ever takes me to court I am totally going to get all my legal advice from the internet.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

this moma guy sounds like a dumbo

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SomethingJones posted:

Man, if somebody ever takes me to court I am totally going to get all my legal advice from the internet.

I'm not a lawyer but that seems like a good plan.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mendrian posted:

Maybe MoMA is Scum.

Maybe we should vote to kill MoMA tonight

I agree

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hell of a bird. Prefer the looks of the Hustler..which is funny cause the FB-111 was to replace it. But the B-58 sans fuel tank...awesome.

I really like the low-altitude strike fighters, SU-24, F-111, Tornado, they have this combination of payload, speed, and exciting flight profile. Compared to that, stealth is just boring.

This is a problem with space games, without terrain, I don't get how flight can really be interesting.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

You're not making a lot of sense. The normal Citizen argument for why you are not entitled to a refund within the EU is that it's a donation, or that it's only within 14 days of purchase as per the TOS or CIG can do whatever they like.

However any person who is a kickstarter backer or made a purchase on the RSI site has a contract with CIG so normal law for contracts would apply for the purchase. In the UK this would involve writing to CIG to request a refund before going to court. There are a wide list of justifications you could use depending on when the purchase was made, misleading actions (Unfair Trading Regulations 2008), Sale of Goods Act 1979 (goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.) replaced by Consumer Rights Act October 2015, even the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

However since June 2014, EU Directive 2011/83/EU came into force which gives anyone the right to a full refund up to 14 days after delivery of the last item in an order without having to give a reason, so in this example as SQ42 has not as yet been delivered, everyone in the EU is entitled to a full refund.

Things would never reach court though as CIG would have to be crazy to try to defend the case, they'd just refund as soon as they receive a letter before action.

It started with snipes at "armchair lawyers" in which I said that there is a clear difference on opinions either being dog piled on or let pass depending on whether they are pro-CIG Anti-Derek or the inverse.
To the effect it appeared that people were trying to hold up some sort of precedent in a US case to compare them to proceedings that may be happening in the UK.

It is going to be very interesting in 51 days when their current TOS goes tits up for the US

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Daztek posted:

I will totally buy that game if it comes out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sperglord posted:

I really like the low-altitude strike fighters, SU-24, F-111, Tornado, they have this combination of payload, speed, and exciting flight profile. Compared to that, stealth is just boring.

This is a problem with space games, without terrain, I don't get how flight can really be interesting.

Yeah, you and I are on the same page. I love the B-1B as well for the reasons you gave.

I'm more of a cold war era type weapons guy myself. Can't forget the F-105 Thud.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

God. drat. G0RF that was beautiful.
Thanks Beer and others!

One downside I've found of big effort posts is they seem to kill the momentum of the thread. There was all kinds of back and forth going and then bam-- it just kills the dialogue underway. Sorry to derail any squabbles arguments or :lol:s...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 13, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ideally? I'd like to see beta at or around Q4 of next year. That gives them this year and Q1 of next year to get some modicum of SQ42 out to the public and to have them lock down alpha mechanics before Q4 of next year. IF their procedural tech is progressing as they claim, they shouldn't have an issue churning out systems. But, I don't expect each one them to be fully customized (the landing zones I mean).

But it's not even in alpha yet. It's pre-alpha. How can you estimate a beta when they can't even manage a real alpha?

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

G0RF posted:

Guys, my new serious Effort Post is going to take me longer than I thought. Here is one slightly less so-- or Part 1 of it, anyway.

A good post. Seriously, read this even if you're just skimming the thread.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

Alas - you are correct. It had touched a nerve and I was furiously writing . . .

Aww, everybody look at the robot trying to learn human behavior!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSb-nV8l2QY&t=275s

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/720334600732430337

people are excited about the new couch

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Derek wasn't LoD due for release back in 2012? That's what the trailer says.

Whatever happened to that anyway? You said you were "racing through the last mile" mid 2015.

Actually on the topic of financials have you ever published a breakdown of your own development costs? (apart from your Tesla, I'm guessing that's a "business expense")

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Whatever makes them sleep better at night.

What a fiasco.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

DancingShade posted:

Hey Derek wasn't LoD due for release back in 2012? That's what the trailer says.

Whatever happened to that anyway? You said you were "racing through the last mile" mid 2015.

Actually on the topic of financials have you ever published a breakdown of your own development costs?

how many imaginary spaceships are you in for commando?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how many imaginary spaceships are you in for commando?

Not a fan of the FPS part of SC at all so I'll be a space hobo like Lister from Red Dwarf.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Beet Wagon posted:

I know the timeline is all wrong for it, but I hope they bought Transverse from :pgi: and are releasing it this year and it ends up being loving amazing.

It would be the ultimate dunk on so many different groups of people.

I would buy this game just to dunk on :pgi:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Actually on the topic of financials have you ever published a breakdown of your own development costs? (apart from your Tesla, I'm guessing that's a "business expense")

He doesn't need to because he funds his game development with his own money, not other people's.

• Locked thread