Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
DeLa's Bianca puppet was one of the funniest things to ever happen on the show.

P4L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I'm honestly shocked to learn some people don't like the puppet challenge!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I remember Bianca's Adore puppet being pretty good too. "I'm a loving Libra!"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Yodzilla posted:

What the hell was that dream sequence nonsense though, that must have been supremely cringe worthy in person.

I audibly groaned when Ru said "interpretive dance." I can't recall a time when I skipped through a challenge, which is a super bummer after the wet fart that was the Snatch Game.

The instant the wig came off, I knew it was over for Robbie. Though she shouldn't have been in the bottom in the first place.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I propose a new rule: if a wig comes off,the music stops and that queen immediately gets the hook.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

I propose a new rule: if a wig comes off,the music stops and that queen immediately gets the hook.

Unless there is another wig underneath it of course.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Speaking of which...

Bob was taking NO CHANCES :nyd: :dance: :nyd:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Nihonniboku posted:

I thought that went without saying :)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So does the Shade Tree get used in Untucked or anything because yo RIP that feature in the actual show.

Also I really wish we got to see Bob's transformer car idea.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Does anyone else just like puppet challenge cause the puppets are cute? :kiddo:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Speaking of which...

Bob was taking NO CHANCES :nyd: :dance: :nyd:

I thought that wig was better than the one she wore. Matched the one with her little person. Weird.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Ru: Derrick, don't just wear another bathing suit with a piece of fabric.
Derrick: Oh no, I'm going to have to completely rethink this outfit.
Derrick: *shows up in a different bathing suit with a piece of fabric* HEMMMmmmmmms!

I wasn't a fan of Naomi, but no doubt she deserved that win, her look was great and her little person's too. I had a hard time picking between Robbie's and ChiChi's for which I thought should be in the bottom. Robbie's was a confusing mess, but ChiChi's was really basic and boring and she was serving straight-up man... if she had at least cinched it might not have been so bad. I kinda think ChiChi deserved bottom more than Robbie. I was surprised all the other queens were giving her a hard time about the glue gun, I couldn't care less how she constructed it if it was on point, but it wasn't.

Derrick did kill that lip sync though!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Derrick did kill that LSFYL, but is it just me or did he just rotate through classic Britney dance moves? Either way, if we're basing the loser just on the LSFYL, Robbie deserved to go.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Kinda disappointed about Robbie, I thought her neon couture at least was straight up better than anything Derrick has done this season, but hey if your wig comes off its only fair.

I know Chi Chi's dress was awful but she's so adorable I don't care if they keep her to the final :allears:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Octolady posted:

I know Chi Chi's dress was awful but she's so adorable I don't care if they keep her to the final :allears:
Chi Chi is completely delightful and a joy forever. I don't give a poo poo if she comes out in trash bags every single challenge, that's how much I love her. (Also, there needs to be a TV show of just her and Kim Chi talking about food.)

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

spite house posted:

Chi Chi is completely delightful and a joy forever. I don't give a poo poo if she comes out in trash bags every single challenge, that's how much I love her. (Also, there needs to be a TV show of just her and Kim Chi talking about food.)

That's how I feel, too!

I didn't notice the wig on Robbie's shoulder until Raven and Raja pointed it out and I kinda agree the whole "Throw random strands of hair on outfit to make it look edgy" is overplayed. I really liked Robbie but I don't think this was her season. Oh well, I hope she tours with BOTs next year because I'd love to see what she'd do with her own shtick.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

criscodisco posted:

Derrick did kill that LSFYL, but is it just me or did he just rotate through classic Britney dance moves? Either way, if we're basing the loser just on the LSFYL, Robbie deserved to go.

It wasn't just you. I don't feel terribly qualified to talk about Britney dance moves, but at the same time her lip sync still felt very well... Britney

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Yodzilla posted:

So does the Shade Tree get used in Untucked or anything because yo RIP that feature in the actual show.

Santino and the Pit Crew live in there now, rents being what they are in the WeHo-Adjacent area

I have no idea what the point of it was, apparently the girls did use it but I guess it didn't produce the type of drama they wanted so its one major use so far is Kim Chi talking about how no one likes her.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

angerbeet posted:

I have no idea what the point of it was, apparently the girls did use it but I guess it didn't produce the type of drama they wanted [sic]

And how.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-919GgsQfA

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I had completely forgotten what the Shade Tree was until I saw the video.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

A God drat Ghost posted:

I wasn't a fan of Naomi, but no doubt she deserved that win, her look was great and her little person's too. I had a hard time picking between Robbie's and ChiChi's for which I thought should be in the bottom. Robbie's was a confusing mess, but ChiChi's was really basic and boring and she was serving straight-up man... if she had at least cinched it might not have been so bad. I kinda think ChiChi deserved bottom more than Robbie. I was surprised all the other queens were giving her a hard time about the glue gun, I couldn't care less how she constructed it if it was on point, but it wasn't.

ChiChi seems to have the Shangela plot this season (unpolished queen who gets by in the competition with a winning/funny personality) Is there a preview of next week's episode? I think we are due a comedy challenge and I wouldn't be surprised is Ru kept ChiChi out of the bottom to ensure she'll be around for it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Logo aired a preview last night.
Mini-challenge is the giant pit crew sexual innuendo game Top or Bottom (bunk), Derrick wins.

Main challenge is Political attack ads. Pairs are:
Derrick and Bob
Chi Chi and Thorgy
Kim Chi and Naomi

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

King of Foolians posted:

ChiChi seems to have the Shangela plot this season (unpolished queen who gets by in the competition with a winning/funny personality) Is there a preview of next week's episode? I think we are due a comedy challenge and I wouldn't be surprised is Ru kept ChiChi out of the bottom to ensure she'll be around for it.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like ChiChi, I agree though, I can see Ru doing just that.

I want more comedy challenges. Snatch Game was somewhat underwhelming even though I think plenty of these queens are really funny. Even Kim Chi when she gets out of her shell a little.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

garthoneeye posted:

Logo aired a preview last night.
Mini-challenge is the giant pit crew sexual innuendo game Top or Bottom (bunk), Derrick wins.

Main challenge is Political attack ads. Pairs are:
Derrick and Bob
Chi Chi and Thorgy
Kim Chi and Naomi

This is upsetting. I'm upset now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cute moment between Kim and her partner this week: http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/m4qfia/rupauls-drag-race-kim-chi-and-briana-talk-relationships

The show needs to be way longer and include all these character building scenes. No good reason this (and all the other bonus clips) couldn't have just been in the episode.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Cute moment between Kim and her partner this week: http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/m4qfia/rupauls-drag-race-kim-chi-and-briana-talk-relationships

The show needs to be way longer and include all these character building scenes. No good reason this (and all the other bonus clips) couldn't have just been in the episode.

Looks like the the episode after next will be a full 90 minutes (w/commercials) so you're getting your wish! And absolutely agreed — WTF else is Logo going to show? More time for eyeballs on ads too.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Combed Thunderclap posted:

WTF else is Logo going to show?

Facts of Life reruns. Lots and lots of Facts of Life reruns.

Edit: and somehow every time I turn one on it's always the one where Blair's retarded friend comes over to tell jokes or the one where Jo is dating her professor.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 15, 2016

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm still wondering whether or not Ru's thing about "interpretive dance" was just a prank he played on the queens, and didn't really plan to make them do it but they went with it so why not.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Golbez posted:

I'm still wondering whether or not Ru's thing about "interpretive dance" was just a prank he played on the queens, and didn't really plan to make them do it but they went with it so why not.

Well it's not unheard of to make them do weird stuff during the makeover challenge, like the STD awareness cheers from season 3 or the flag thing from season 5.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Programmable Soda posted:

Well it's not unheard of to make them do weird stuff during the makeover challenge, like the STD awareness cheers from season 3 or the flag thing from season 5.

I had forgotten about both those things

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

:(

I mean, I knew she wasn't gonna be Top 3, but I thought Thorgy would last a little bit longer.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Stroop There It Is posted:

:(

I mean, I knew she wasn't gonna be Top 3, but I thought Thorgy would last a little bit longer.

This season really is so competitive :ohdear: :sigh:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
That runway....oh man. Stellar.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It was a pretty slow season so far I thought and this episode was just... drat. Impressive runway, great lipsync, even the maxi challenge was pretty good.

Untucked is weird though I'll say that.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I wish they'd given Latrice that song. I'd pay to see that.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

That lipsync was amazing. Top 5 ever imo.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Kim Chi's runway look was everything

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I feel like Thorgy realized that Chi Chi was going to stay instead of her. That's why she gripped Chi Chi's raised hand at the end. :unsmith:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
honestly I was real tired of Thorgy and Chi Chi killed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
This has got to be the best season for lipsync songs. Two different bona-fide drag classics, two recent pop songs that were more or less written for drag queen performances, two eighties songs by gay icons, and a dance remix done on roller skates. If only having to shell out for eight sets of rights instead of ten means not having to hear another goddamn Paula Abdul song on here, I say keep the seasons short and sweet.

• Locked thread