Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Series ends with Hood having to shoot Deva in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ep 2 podcast with guests Burton (Matt Rauch) and one of the writers (Adam Targum).
http://www.spreaker.com/user/highandmighty/episode-38-banshee-special-s4e2-w-adam-t

Some fun notes for those who can't be bothered listening:
  • The writer is high pitched and goony as gently caress but brings enough enthusiasm and loudness that him and Burton's actor can actually get a word in over Jon Gabrus.
  • One of the comedians accidentally gives away that SPOILER FOR PRESUMABLY THE NEXT EPISODE: we're apparently going to get to them trading for Job REAL QUICK, no dragging it out.
  • Anthony Starr (Hood) really hated the fake beard.
  • A lot of talk about the Burton v Nola fight. Apparently Odette Annable accidentally punched Matt Rauch at one point in it. He also had a ligament injury days before and you can actually see his leg brace when he kicks her into the car. Oh and the original version of the scene had him slamming her head through the hood ornament, but showrunner Jonathan Tropper decided to make it even more extreme.
  • Cinemax actively encourage the crazy poo poo the writers doubt they could get away with.
  • Adam Targum claims he got death threats on twitter after they killed off Siobhan. (Citing "It was your neck that should've been broken" and claiming that while he went home to check all his guns had ammo, he also thought that passion meant they'd done a good job.)
  • The more serious, less villain-of-the-week tone was apparently what they always wanted for the show, and they felt they couldn't really go any crazier after season 3 because they don't have the budget to make it "a Zac Snyder movie".
  • Ulrich Thomsen (Kai Proctor) is apparently the weirdest man in the world. I hope they get him on the podcast!
  • The scary dog in this episode was apparently a great actor, and was super nice on set when not commanded to be scary. (The actual face-biting was done with animatronics I believe.)

• Big one is that the writer also confirmed that we will NEVER find out Hood's real name (!!!!) or Burton's exact backstory and his genital situation.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 12, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VagueRant posted:

[*]Big one is that the writer also confirmed that we will NEVER find out Hood's real name (!!!!) or Burton's exact backstory and his genital situation.
[/list]

Then this stupid poll was meaningless! MEANINGLESS!!!!!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Then this stupid poll was meaningless! MEANINGLESS!!!!!

On the bright side I found out that two of you might be Rifftrax fans.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh Banshee, you beautiful weird show - I will miss you and you're weird cross-boundary appeal of violence, love, and more violence.
And Amish people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I never thought a show that included Amish exile incest would be one of my favorite shows, but here we are.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The time has come: Job

quote:

Lucas and Carrie make a desperate attempt to find Job and enlist help from Fat Au.

No premieres tonight, but at 5:35 ET you can watch Jackie Brown, followed by Point of No Return (the American La Femme Nikita remake) at 8:10.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The serial killer is Deva, whoever posted that got it right, it feels perfect

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The killer was shown carrying Rebecca, which Deva wouldn't be able to do, but I don't think that would bother me. Sometimes you need to mislead the audience too.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The killer was shown carrying Rebecca, which Deva wouldn't be able to do, but I don't think that would bother me. Sometimes you need to mislead the audience too.

Just like Scream, there's 2 killers working in tandem. Deva and Burton. :v:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm totally buying into the Deva killer theory. This:

Sold it for me.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hoon Lee retweeted this so naturally I think you'll like it and not find it stupid at all.

https://twitter.com/dannyoneofmany/status/721086721526341632

(Okay, you might, but gently caress it, I laughed.)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah that's what did it for me too

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I'm watching this show, right? I'm only up to season 3 but I just caught the Burton/Nola fight this morning.

Holy loving poo poo.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

WarLocke posted:

So I'm watching this show, right? I'm only up to season 3 but I just caught the Burton/Nola fight this morning.

Holy loving poo poo.

That's an excellent way to start your day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Originally he was going to slam her head into, and through, the hood ornament.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Originally he was going to slam her head into, and through, the hood ornament.

Oh jesus. :stonk:

I'm actually kind of bummed that Nola's dead, I liked her.

This show just ramps up so ridiculously and never seems to stop. First that fight, then the thing with the fat man and the FBI guy on the 18-wheeler, then Siobhan finding out about Hood, then hood going 'gently caress it' and trying to kill Proctor. I left off with Chayton leading the Red Bones in an attack on the Cadi, straight out of The Raid. :suspense:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ah, to be young again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Man I hope Leo gets his comeuppance. Poor Job doesn't even have his cut of the money :(

Not-Rebecca got off pretty easy. I thought Kai was going to do some really creepy poo poo to her.

Also it looks like the serial killer isn't Deva based on the last scene.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Surprise, motherfucker, the killer is Carrie's therapist.

Even the mental health professionals in this town are all wrong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This show is simply the most fun thing I've ever watched and I'm genuinely not sure what that says about me as a person

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

This show is simply the most fun thing I've ever watched and I'm genuinely not sure what that says about me as a person

It says you are the best person

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really hope Hood buzzcuts his hair again, I don't like him having the fashionably messy male-lead do.

On a follicle related note, I'm surprised Hoon Lee has so much hair on front, figured he'd be way more balding.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really want to see Carrie rip that bitch Nina Cruz apart. That has to happen, right?

Also loved the scene with Bunker petrified at having to put cuffs on Hood. Antony Starr has the best "don't gently caress with me" stare.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pahuyuth posted:

I really want to see Carrie rip that bitch Nina Cruz apart. That has to happen, right?

Also loved the scene with Bunker petrified at having to put cuffs on Hood. Antony Starr has the best "don't gently caress with me" stare.

I love that he still calls Hood sheriff and sir

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Five to go and I really hope we get a scene where Fat Au has tracked Leo down so Hood, Carrie and Job can beat him to a bloody pulp.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Man I hope Leo gets his comeuppance. Poor Job doesn't even have his cut of the money :(

Not-Rebecca got off pretty easy. I thought Kai was going to do some really creepy poo poo to her.

They're going to get the money back, right? :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bunker is the best :3:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love his conflicted nature when it comes to Hood, because he gave him his chance when no one else would. They should be buddies.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

They're going to get the money back, right? :ohdear:

I feel like Leo has to show up again, he knows where The Forge is and I don't think they'd let that dude ride off into the sunset with that much cash.

And yeah Bunker is great, he's been a small but super compelling part of the show so far. That's also something I never thought I'd say about a (former) white supremacist, but here we are.

edit: I just noticed that in S4, bunker's personal vehicle is a lovely old light blue pickup with what look like a few white panels :3:

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 18, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

red19fire posted:

"Are you always this polite?"
"Only when I'm nervous."

He's really growing on me.

In other news, I knew Chayton was a dead man walking when he killed Siobhan right in front of Hood, but holy gently caress at that visual of Hood taking half his head off with a shotgun at point-blank. :drat:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm watching Fringe and Trieste Kelly Dunn pops up towards the end of the first season and I legit got bummed out when I thought about her death in Banshee.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Serial killer is Solomon Bowman, Rebecca's brother.

1. Comes from a hosed up bloodline already where his sister is already excommunicated for being a whore (and other things) in the eyes of their church.
2. Saw an attractive young female he had a fancy for get murdered right in front of his eyes, then gets beaten and kidnapped at such a young age.
3. Develops a seething compulsion based on #2 and being Amish so not having easy access to mental health, bing bam boom, serial killer.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This is good but I'm ready to see Hood gently caress some poo poo up. It's going to happen so soon; I can feel it.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I've seen a lot of fictional torture and brutality in my day, from Game of Thrones to Jack Bauer chewing on a guy's artery. But that light torture thing with Job made me cringe harder than anything ever has.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ep 3 podcast with guest Hoon Lee (Job!):
http://www.spreaker.com/user/highandmighty/episode-40-banshee-special-s4e3-w-hoon-l

Not much talk about the actual episode, basically just a lot of interviewing Hoon Lee. He's very actor-ish, talking about process and character. They don't quite go enough into detail about some of his mannerisms and fabulous outfits for my liking, but some interesting tidbits.
  • Hoon Lee says Job's "voice" was clear in the script. I have no idea how this could work.
  • When he explodes his own salon behind him in the pilot, he was told the explosion would be about as loud as a traschcan being dropped. They lied!
  • He appreciates that Job being asian has pretty much never had attention drawn to it.
  • Notably he talked a lot about the character's closeness to Hood. Noting that Hood never comments on his style or affectation, that Job very rarely swears AT Hood, calls him baby (and not motherfucka), that they've known each other longer than any other characters, and the first time Job speaks this season is when he sees Hood again.
  • They consciously constructed a story/character beat to Job's fights with the one guy on the military base in season 3. Basically, the first time they fight, the guy keeps hitting Job with kicks and to keep him at bay and beat him down. But in the finale, how Job "solves the problem" is to use his belt to defeat the reach advantage, then takes out the guy's knee.
  • At the end of the episode, Jon Gabrus fanboyishly asks Hoon to call them motherfuckers. His response in Job's voice: "Bitch, I ain't a dog and I don't do motherfuckin' tricks."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bunker is a cool character but the neo Nazi plotline is really dumb, his brother is a stupid TV villain and I wish they would focus on Kai instead

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

VagueRant posted:

[*]Big one is that the writer also confirmed that we will NEVER find out Hood's real name (!!!!) or Burton's exact backstory and his genital situation.
[/list]

good, there is no way the answer to either is as good as whatever we have in our heads
p.s. Gaaaaaaaaaary still canon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

his respect for hood and genuine worry that he was gonna have to beat him down were adorable

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Probably :spergin: as gently caress but that looks like a Mauser bayonet. Not that they're exactly rare or anything but could be a nod towards the Brotherhood.

I like the Deva theory more.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

his respect for hood and genuine worry that he was gonna have to beat him down were adorable

Bunker is seriously near the top of my 'how did X new cast member become as interesting to me as the longtimers?' list.

God drat that scene where they're talking about taking Leo's foot off... :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Can't believe I forgot this. Airing now: Innocent Might Be a Bit of a Stretch

quote:

Carrie's up to her old tricks; Bunker goes out on a limb; and another murder shocks the town.

• Locked thread