Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh right, I forgot to do this:

##vote Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i could see rarity as scum really. I thought her whole "ughh WHAT ARE YOU DOING TOWN!!!!!!!!!" schtick felt pretty fake

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

i could see rarity as scum really. I thought her whole "ughh WHAT ARE YOU DOING TOWN!!!!!!!!!" schtick felt pretty fake

Yeah, I don't like that you did the Thunderdome thing so early, but I don't really think you're scum at this point

And for the record, I'm not against the Thunderdome on D1 (even if you did it against me), I just wish you had waited for the day to get rolling first instead of starting it like an hour into the game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway, this is why I think Rarity is scum:

Rarity posted:

Please stop thinking all mafia games revolve around you, I think you would find it calming

The last (and only afaik) time she has said this to me she was scum.

That combined with her fake concern here:

Rarity posted:

Why would you put yourself in this position?

I mean, I know why you would put yourself in this position

But why?

Ugh.

and here:

Rarity posted:

Agreed. I'm annoyed with Jake for lovely play but his posts read town and I think he'd be more careful as scum.

##vote no lynch

Rarity posted:

Of course it's an option. What would happen if everyone just typed in ##unvote right now? We'd no lynch.

(##vote no lynch)

Just scream of scum trying to look like the good townie.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nobody has ever said ugh in sincerity ##vote rarity but also let's kill tmm too.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote rarity

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

nobody has ever said ugh in sincerity ##vote rarity but also let's kill tmm too.

Why would you kill me? Do you actually think I'm scum?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

last night I was at the mall and saw something... incredible...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Why would you kill me? Do you actually think I'm scum?

you were very mean

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

you were very mean

Because I was very irritated and frustrated at getting forced into a D1 Thunderdome so early in the game. If it had happened after 24 hours or something, I doubt I would have been so vitriolic.

And just so we're clear, you want me to die because I was mean, not because you think I'm scum right?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

last night I was at the mall and saw something... incredible...

i really wanted to go to the mall but when i use my tracking i can't choose where i end up

i think im just gonna not use it anymore so i can be at the mall

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

i really wanted to go to the mall but when i use my tracking i can't choose where i end up

i think im just gonna not use it anymore so i can be at the mall

This doesn't parse at all with the rules of the game.

CapitalistPig posted:

Location Special Mechanics

Each night you choose a location to be in, if you do not pick a location by the end of the night you are assumed to have stayed in the pods and done no actions.

In each location I will send each player a list of other people they see at their location, this will be determined by comparing their perception stat with everyone else's stealth stat.

after you get this list you can choose your action for the night.

The following is a list of actions that ANYONE can do each night, you may only do one thing each night though, including your own personal abilities.

Attack Choose a player, your attack stat will be compared to their defense stat and this will determine damage dealt.

Search If you search, based on your perception stat, you have a chance of finding an encounter or item or money, or starting day 3 in the wastes, The Bunker itself.

Rest This action will allow you to rest and regain a single HP, if you rest in some locations you may be surprised by mutants and damaged instead.

:siren: Status Quo will have a full factional nightkill that actually kills instead of dealing damage, thus they may not take the attack action :siren:

Their attack stat will be useful in other situations.

:siren: You may only use actions on players at your location, that you can see unless otherwise stated in your abilities description. :siren:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Because I was very irritated and frustrated at getting forced into a D1 Thunderdome so early in the game. If it had happened after 24 hours or something, I doubt I would have been so vitriolic.

And just so we're clear, you want me to die because I was mean, not because you think I'm scum right?

i'm going to use my mall knives to cut your head off

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats what i thought when i submitted my action but cpig said if i track someone i have to go where they go

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, wait, I guess Jake could actually be telling the truth there given the last line here:

Status Quo will have a full factional nightkill that actually kills instead of dealing damage, thus they may not take the attack action

Their attack stat will be useful in other situations.

You may only use actions on players at your location, that you can see unless otherwise stated in your abilities description.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

i'm going to use my mall knives to cut your head off

You gotta find me first.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i don't want to reveal too much but i did track a player to another player, flying leatherman did anything bad happen to you last night?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I know it's probably not going to happen given the hand vote counting (or possible new vote parser), but I kind of wish that the votes would be listed in the order they happened.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you don't like how the mods do it, list the votes yourself.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

You fuckers, I was going to vote JakeP for making a thunder dome when the game isn't even 24 hours old, but now it'll look like I'm going for an easy vote to jump on.

I agree with whoever called this post as coming off as scummy self-consciousness.

JakeP posted:

i don't want to reveal too much but i did track a player to another player, flying leatherman did anything bad happen to you last night?

I'm a bit conflicted by Jake claiming tracker D2 when there was no pressure to claim (which implies strong town-friendly role) while simultaneously thunderdoming someone D1 (which implies not minding if he's lynched D1).

Did anyone see Jake and Leatherman in the same room together last night?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Can confirm. My perception stat is pretty good.

I'm more interested in who JakeP was actually tracking :nyoron:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Also, who ever attacked me is a dick.

????????

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

I got attacked. I'm ok though.

I think Jimson is scummy. His posting was pretty useless day 1 and switching over to hammer didn't make any sense after I went back and read it. Very little justification for it, and the timing was shortly after the no lynch discussion started, before people had checked back in. (I don't think no lynching made sense, but I don't see how shutting down that discussion is a good thing).

It's also weird because he made a whole post about watching everyone else's posts to find scum that make a mistake and then shut down discussion with the hammer. Doesn't jibe with me.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
You are welcome JakeP :glomp:. That thunderdome caused the funniest meltdown I've seen this year.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Working on improving the vote count a bit. As ever, if you see any issues or have any suggestions, let me know - preferably in PM. Thanks!

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 11

Rarity - 3 - TMMadman, GulagDolls, JakeP (L-8)

Players not voting: Azuth0667, CCKeane, chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Ghastly Gangsta, imgay, Infinitum, Jimson, Kashuno, Kumbamontu, Max, MG3, Murmur Twin, Puntification, Rarity, Rurea, VivaNova, YourPersonalMuse

Deadline is 4/15/2016 at 11PM Eastern, in about 39 hours.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
##vote Jimson, money where mouth is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
w

Azuth0667 posted:

You are welcome JakeP :glomp:. That thunderdome caused the funniest meltdown I've seen this year.

we are just getting started :getin:

What's the Rarity case?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh nvm I scrolled up.

it bad.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with whoever called this post as coming off as scummy self-consciousness.

I'm a bit conflicted by Jake claiming tracker D2 when there was no pressure to claim (which implies strong town-friendly role) while simultaneously thunderdoming someone D1 (which implies not minding if he's lynched D1).

jake claimed D1

Infinitum posted:

Can confirm. My perception stat is pretty good.

I can also confirm Jake and FL were in the same place

I found some booze last night and now I'm drunk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

I found some booze last night and now I'm drunk

Where'd you find it?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the drat dam

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many people did you see there, including yourself?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I went to the warehouse. :sun:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

the drat dam

Where can I get some dam bait?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was in the Pods, it was mega boring.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
While I feel they may have slender hands that can deftly explore my anus. I am gonna vote for rarity here ##vote Rarity mainly because it did come off REALLY fake when she was all OMG TOWN DON'T DO THIS NO LYNCH GUYS

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Not convinced by the rarity case, I'd rather go for jimson for his premature ham-jaculation ##vote jimson

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

I don't like this vote at all, and I am speaking as a person that regularly uses Ugh in sincerity.

##vote GulagDolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

How many people did you see there, including yourself?

9, apparently the dam is a very popular tourist attraction

• Locked thread