Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Grave $avings posted:

Ferris Bueler's Day Off

Ooohhhhhh yeaahhhhh... (Chk, chk-ah chk-ahhhhh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ahundredbux posted:

A man is very upset about not selling his car and gold pen

Schindler's List

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Some orphans dream of going on a plane trip and an ex-cop helps them do just that.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
A man meets his long-lost brother while on the job. While the man goes about his business, he discovers his boss has set him up to be eliminated from his position. The man's brother helps out and gets a promotion in his own profession. They part amicably at the end of the movie.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Centripetal Horse posted:

The Neverending Story

Yes!

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

MrUnderbridge posted:

Some orphans dream of going on a plane trip and an ex-cop helps them do just that.

mad max beyond thunderdome

quote:

A botanist is accidentally stranded by his fellow explorers on a hostile planet
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan :v:
no one got my SS Botany Bay joke :(

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 13, 2016

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
With no guesses still, a final round of big hints before I give these away.

1. Two parents are reunited with their runaway daughter thanks to the actions of a concerned citizen.
Shooting Sport plays a major role in winning their daughter's return.
The citizen is a severely disturbed former Marine.

These three have one rather large thing in common:

(2) A young woman takes an impromptu trip to South America via sea-plane with a new friend she met only hours before.
Her friend brags about how he enjoys eating hats in the morning.
Her friend is heading to South America to rescue his teenage daughter.

(3) A powerful figure in the mining industry tries in vain to convince a former coworker to attend a company party.
The coworker sarcastically promises to attend after the two get into an altercation in an elevator.
Although the coworker promises to see him there, neither men make it to the party.

(4) A suave, duplicitous ladies' man is abducted and interrogated by government agents.
The ladies' man's own fake backstory about being a spy ended up landing him in hot water.
It's ill-advised to pretend to be a spy to seduce the wife of an actual spy.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
An unhappy man finds new direction in life through his card-playing habit.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Wild T posted:

1. Two parents are reunited with their runaway daughter thanks to the actions of a concerned citizen.
Shooting Sport plays a major role in winning their daughter's return.
The citizen is a severely disturbed former Marine.
taxi driver

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Primary plot: A man sits at a desk and tells a long story about a work trip he once took.

Tertiary detail: His South African friend expresses concern that the man went swimming.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
A man definitely does not kill a police officer in Texas. He is convicted of murder and sent to Death Row anyway, of course.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I haven't been answering even when I know the answers, because I'm having fun being on the supply side of this thread. That movie is pretty special to me, though, and I couldn't resist.

paperchaseguy posted:

no one got my SS Botany Bay joke :(

I totally got the reference, but I thought you were just confused.

aquaper
Apr 3, 2009
(4) A suave, duplicitous ladies' man is abducted and interrogated by government agents.

True Lies

astral
Apr 26, 2004

1: A man looks out the window at a FedEx truck and wishes that it was delivering important papers to his home/office. Several unrelated events occur, and finally his dream comes true - he and his friends receive their very own FedEx delivery, prompting a trip for them all to Taiwan.

2: A fixer is hired to prevent a theft. She calls in a favor from the mayor to gain access to the scene, but the theft is carried out anyway.

3: A group of three prostitutes have an urgent call to make, but a man is already using the phone. They try to hurry him up, and even get their pimp to try to intimidate the phone's user, but are ultimately unsuccessful in gaining access to the phone.

e: more :)

astral fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 13, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
In this documentary, an unkempt man spits a lot, eats from a trash can. Later he wanders around and drinks a refreshing coke. He takes a break in a bar that specializes in drinks laced with powerful stimulants.

As the story proceeds, he finds riding on two different boats, three different planes, a train, and a toilet. The movie ends with him speaking to Christ before succumbing to cold arctic waters and drowning.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
A man is severely reprimanded for criticizing his boss's religion.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Wild T posted:

The ladies' man's own fake backstory about being a spy ended up landing him in hot water.
It's ill-advised to pretend to be a spy to seduce the wife of an actual spy.

True Lies

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

astral posted:

2: A fixer is hired to prevent a theft. She calls in a favor from the mayor to gain access to the scene, but the theft is carried out anyway.

3: A group of three prostitutes have an urgent call to make, but a man is already using the phone. They try to hurry him up, and even get their pimp to try to intimidate the phone's user, but are ultimately unsuccessful in gaining access to the phone.

e: more :)

Inside Man

And

phone booth

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

Inside Man

And

phone booth

Correct!

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

astral posted:

1: A man looks out the window at a FedEx truck and wishes that it was delivering important papers to his home/office. Several unrelated events occur, and finally his dream comes true - he and his friends receive their very own FedEx delivery, prompting a trip for them all to Taiwan.
bowfinger

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

paperchaseguy posted:

mad max beyond thunderdome

Got it!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Keith Atherton posted:

Schindler's List

Very good! That scene still makes me cry

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

In this documentary, an unkempt man spits a lot, eats from a trash can. Later he wanders around and drinks a refreshing coke. He takes a break in a bar that specializes in drinks laced with powerful stimulants.

As the story proceeds, he finds riding on two different boats, three different planes, a train, and a toilet. The movie ends with him speaking to Christ before succumbing to cold arctic waters and drowning.

Slavoj Zizek: The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

An skilled marksman saves his friend from a belligerent redneck after a simple phone call goes horribly wrong

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Shave my hair to a mohawk and call me Travis, we have a winner.

aquaper posted:

True Lies

Bill Paxton never catches a break in Cameron movies. But you're right!

True Lies was the last of the trio I thought wouldn't be answered first, but now the other two have a linking factor... You can get it :)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Some movie goers do not get to finish their viewing of the film and are rushed away suddenly

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SaltLick posted:

Some movie goers do not get to finish their viewing of the film and are rushed away suddenly

Fight Club.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Two guys are meeting up with a waitress in a nightclub.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A doctor is routinely beaten for gambling debts and eventually pays off his debts but dies anyway

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Man participating in bare knuckle boxing matches pulls off a masterful scheme, though ends up severely injured in the end.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

MariusLecter posted:

Slavoj Zizek: The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Did the toilet give it away?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Man participating in bare knuckle boxing matches pulls off a masterful scheme, though ends up severely injured in the end.

Sherlock Holmes, the one with RDJ and Jude Law

astral
Apr 26, 2004

This one's also correct. Here are some new ones:

4: A man sings a song as he uses a public restroom and it has a curious result. Later, he brings his two friends into the bathroom and they repeat the performance as a conga line.

5: A fellow whose nose was bit off by a prostitute years ago happens to meet her again, gets a prosthetic nose, and decides to marry her.

6: A man struggles with light sensitivity and a debilitating fear of lawn sprinklers.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

astral posted:

This one's also correct. Here are some new ones:
6: A man struggles with light sensitivity and a debilitating fear of lawn sprinklers.

I don't know if it's Gremlins, but it ought to be.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

astral posted:

5: A fellow whose nose was bit off by a prostitute years ago happens to meet her again, gets a prosthetic nose, and decides to marry her.

Dirty Work

Which is also the same movie I just did with the gambling Doctor.

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 14, 2016

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mister Mind posted:

I don't know if it's Gremlins, but it ought to be.

Nope!

SaltLick posted:

Dirty Work

Which is also the same movie I just did with the gambling Doctor.

Yep!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

A singer-songwriter has just got married. When his new wife is visited by one of her priggish ex-classmate he is hit by sudden inspiration and writes a scathing diss track against her. The song makes enough money for the couple to move into a massive country estate.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

crowoutofcontext posted:

A singer-songwriter has just got married. When his new wife is visited by one of her priggish ex-classmate he is hit by sudden inspiration and writes a scathing diss track against her. The song makes enough money for the couple to move into a massive country estate.

101 Dalmatians

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A cactus goes on a cross country road trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The kangaroo doesn't actually loving talk.

• Locked thread