Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

do you have any examples of actual honest-to-Smart good posters getting dogpiled?

Would you consider yourself amongst this number sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Berious posted:

Derek Smart does funny thing and creates big dramabombs in CIG. The posters endlessly bitching about Derek just clutter up the thread.

#IStandWithDerek

:same:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

I originally came here with an open mind and cat pics, which I intentionally broke to prove a point: some posters here are just poking around to get people riled up instead of discuss CiG and their lovely management. I, like anyone else here, called DS out on some more of his BS posts, and equated searching public records and interpreting those findings to the same exact thing he's doing to support his missives ( such as searching UK records and making up poo poo to fit the bill). But you are right - this is turning out to be an echo chamber as is Reddit.

Hahahaha I will fight you for all the JPEGs in star citizen let's do this

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Coming this summer : CiG America citizen war

WHICH SIDE WILL YOU CHOOSE?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Did CIG intentionally break something to prove a point? Like the failure of man and the overwhelming power of greed and dreams?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Mr.Tophat posted:

Hahahaha I will fight you for all the JPEGs in star citizen let's do this

Most of my jpegs are currently flyable.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

When I intentionally break something, it's usually balls

I play snooker and I often go first

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

I couldn't quote you before you edited, what did you mean?

I'm confused, why are you moaning about people dog piling posters while simultaneously editing their avatars with text which dog piles them in the same way that you're criticizing?

This is a genuine question, I agree generally with what you're saying, I just have no clue about this bit.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MeLKoR posted:

I couldn't quote you before you edited, what did you mean?

Ya I thought you were whining about those people getting red text avatars.

Because of how dumb it is to whine about Derek Smart in this thread you know

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

When did you learn to lucid dream?

just lol if your running auto-pilot in your REM just lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVXUmX0CJI

I hated Brenden.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you enjoy flying your extremely expensive space ship around the Star Citizen tech demo and how long do you believe it is possible to do this for before getting bored?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

On a scale of double plus not good to double plus good, how much are you immersed

On a scale of double plus not good to double plus good, how fidelitous are your ships

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I originally came here with an open mind and cat pics, which I intentionally broke to prove a point: some posters here are just poking around to get people riled up instead of discuss CiG and their lovely management. I, like anyone else here, called DS out on some more of his BS posts, and equated searching public records and interpreting those findings to the same exact thing he's doing to support his missives ( such as searching UK records and making up poo poo to fit the bill). But you are right - this is turning out to be an echo chamber as is Reddit.

Nah man you came here to tell us a well 'versed in science and tech non-idiot's take on our idiots' crusade. Also to tell us how your job is so important that you can't tell us what it is but you handle big things beyond our grasp and deserve our awe and respect

Also "an open mind"? Do you honestly expect us to believe any of us could manage even a hair's weight of impact on your rational mind palace?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Ya I thought you were whining about those people getting red text avatars.

Because of how dumb it is to whine about Derek Smart in this thread you know

Why didn't I get a salty av, I called him a whiney whiner first :mad:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gerblyn posted:

I'm confused, why are you moaning about people dog piling posters while simultaneously editing their avatars with text which dog piles them in the same way that you're criticizing?

This is a genuine question, I agree generally with what you're saying, I just have no clue about this bit.

I didn't edit his avatar, those are "Something Awful Last Read Redux" extension notes. I take them to keep track of who is who, and unless I do what I did now I'm the only one that sees them. Longer sentences after a "|" are direct quotes from that person, it helps when you want to remember something particularly stupid someone once said.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr.Tophat posted:

Would you consider yourself amongst this number sir?

Not really, no. I just can't stop myself posting

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"Do you honestly believe?" I screamed at the screen as my hands flung themselves towards my scalp in exasperation

Just another day in the 'verse

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is anything more banal or insipid than "calling out" Dr Smart?

I can't think of anything.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

And this is not to mention B_of_Inforedux who was run out of the thread and called "a terrible journalist" because he too called out Derek Smart once.

B_of_Inforedux is an idiot and he's far too easy to wind up for anyone to actually want him to leave.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I agree that the media could talk about the things you outlined. Sure. But what good would it do? Honestly?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Not really, no. I just can't stop myself posting

Would you also say that you can't stop yourself from...blogging?

*removes sunglasses*

Mr Smart. We meet again.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

On the topic of Derek Smart - the guy's a giant idiot and therefore fits in perfectly around here.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr.Tophat posted:

"Do you honestly believe?" I screamed at the screen as my hands flung themselves towards my scalp in exasperation

:same:

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I, too, like to keep careful notes on all forum posts. I have mine indexed by smell.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you at any point wanted to be taken seriously for your opinions, you were taught how to do it wrong. Possibly as a joke.

I can usually just read through most of the dumb stuff people write but your whole thing where you brought up Derek's court history, regardless of how easy it is to google, just reminds me of that other poster who chased Beer to a Fantasy Football League to let everyone know how terrible he was for things he wrote about Star Citizen. I can't say I rightly understand where you're coming from half the time and it's done more to undermine you than anything, also twisting yourself into knots, having micro-meltdowns and flip-flopping to say you were trying to "prove a point" doesn't help either. Nothing you're doing is particularly original and it isn't shining a light into the deep recesses of this thread to show just how deep the failings go.

This is a place where anyone registered can post and regardless of whether or not they post stinky poo poo or comedy gold they get equal billing with someone reading it. This place really isn't the echo-chamber people are panicking about, it's a train that's constantly shifting speeds until the day it finally runs off the track, and people trying to manage something that's out of control is foolhardy in the extreme.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr.Tophat posted:

Would you also say that you can't stop yourself from...blogging?

*removes sunglasses*

Mr Smart. We meet again.

Is this what derek feels because it hurts

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Is anything more banal or insipid than "calling out" Dr Smart?

I can't think of anything.

Imagine a world, where one might have the thought that you're doing someone else a favor by giving them a referal code to Star Citizen

Just think about that, that's far more banal and insipid by a stretch goal and a half

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

MeLKoR posted:

I didn't edit his avatar, those are "Something Awful Last Read Redux" extension notes. I take them to keep track of who is who, and unless I do what I did now I'm the only one that sees them. Longer sentences after a "|" are direct quotes from that person, it helps when you want to remember something particularly stupid someone once said.

this is a normal thing to do on an internet forum

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Link

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 14, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Why the gently caress would you do this :psyduck:

out-of-context quotes about hitler doesn't prove poo poo other than that you're seriously weird

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Moogle posted:

I, too, like to keep careful notes on all forum posts. I have mine indexed by smell.

Fishy fishy and shilly?

I kid of course.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

NO DON'T KILL MOOGLE IT WAS ONLY A POST

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ewe2 posted:

Why didn't I get a salty av, I called him a whiney whiner first :mad:

This is all I have on you, no "-" before the notes, no stupid quotes, you're a decent poster in my book. Shame if you resent me for "whining" about the thread starting to become an echo chamber for real but I call it as I see it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fargin Icehole posted:

Do any of you want to play Devil's Advocate, and that maybe you think this game MIGHT be finished, in the way a steam Early Access game will be finished?

If you want tot take a snipe at LOD, just do it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

What's the stupidest thing I've said? I must know.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Is this what derek feels because it hurts

yOU HAVE FELt the WarLORDS GRIEF

will you blog about it y/n

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Mr.Tophat posted:

NO DON'T KILL MOOGLE IT WAS ONLY A POST

YOU MESS WITH THE MOOGLE YOU GET THE BALLS ... ohwai

⇩ Loving this.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 14, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

:iceburn:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I will never get tired of you shoving that in their faces. You're the alcoholic beverage they just can't keep down without a big loud belch rising to the surface that says "YOUBANNEDME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

I only phone post, so I actually thought someone had changed my AV when I saw the screenshot. Why in the world do you need to keep tabs on people like that?

• Locked thread