Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

???

You were both at the Pods, so I'm really not sure what the surprise is here.

Oh there's a surprise. And I'm surprised you saw me. I saw you and MG, but not the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

And don't ruin the surprise yet chaos

No problem.

Also I can confirm who Max said was at the pods except I never saw him. Not surprised by that, though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Just to be clear, you think GG is scum because he possibly attacked FL?

It's scummy behaviour at the least, unless he has some other explanation.

JakeP posted:

You know something we dont???

Why the gently caress would you attack someone as town?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

The OP says scum can't use attack so it would be the NK?

Oh hey, it looks like Kash found the surprise.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Oh there's a surprise. And I'm surprised you saw me. I saw you and MG, but not the other two.

I have very high perception, so I imagine I can see more people than you. But yeah, Keane and chaos were also at the pods.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Oh hey, it looks like Kash found the surprise.

it...it wasn't a surprise? It's literally the game mechanics.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

But... then why are you voting a town?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, doesn't the NK just straight up kill?

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, I think I comprehend the surprise now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Yeah but people saying GG must be scum for attacking FL are flat out wrong. If GG did attack then he can't be scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

But... then why are you voting a town?

or FL was protected?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

or FL was protected?

But then how was FL damaged?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

as someone who mostly just skimmed the OP it is a surprise for me!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

The OP says scum can't use attack so it would be the NK?

Oh poo poo you're right.

##unvote

Could be an avenue to verify town then combined with tracking, but it's still risky to be declaring attacks during the day for verification purposes.

I'm approaching this game from a mechanics perspective and hoping we can catch a slip up that way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but people saying GG must be scum for attacking FL are flat out wrong. If GG did attack then he can't be scum.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There are tons of reasons GG could attempt to NK FL and FL wouldn't die.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote until we have some clarity from GG or FL about what exactly occurred.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing scummy bout attacking dudes, I for one want to attack anything that moves.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I'm just realizing this.

The OP posted:

Status Quo will have a full factional nightkill that actually kills instead of dealing damage, thus they may not take the attack action

So GG did something. I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where FL was targeted by three people that attacked, attempted to kill, and also protected them.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Oh also, you were attacks and suffered minor scratches to your suits paint job.

You lose 1 HP

Come break your weapons upon me!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

But then how was FL damaged?

Ah. I missed this part! Completely invalidates that then.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure why Jimson may possibly be scum based off their post though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Could be an avenue to verify town then combined with tracking

im thinking similar, but simpler. Everyone could just agree to go to a location, and agree to attack another player, only the scum will be unable to attack

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

So GG did something. I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where FL was targeted by three people that attacked, attempted to kill, and also protected them.

Wheres 3 come in?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I wasn't alone in the wasteland, id have mad ganked some fools.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

i mean i was gonna attack GG for funsies before i realized i couldnt track and attack, so i dont know if only scum would attack, and also GG could have been doing something else to FL while another player attacked him, but I did get a scummy vibe from GG yesterday, and going into the night he was my top pick for scum, so I would vote for him based on his scummy day 1 for sure.

To remind you his day 1 was basically just asking completely irrelevant questions to me and TMM, like whether i felt TMM was town or not (it literally didn't matter since he was the only player I could vote so who gives a poo poo what alignment i think TMM is at that point)

I asked one question, not several and it was all relevant to you using that Thunderdome D1. Which I still stand by as being idiotic.

Anyhow I did visit FL to see if he used any abilities, but my action was unsuccessful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

Wheres 3 come in?

FL got damaged, so someone attacked them. Then if you assume someone tried to NK him, then a third person would have had to protect them.

But I'm not sure where the assumption that FL was targeted for an NK came from, probably confusion about the rules.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I asked one question, not several and it was all relevant to you using that Thunderdome D1. Which I still stand by as being idiotic.

Anyhow I did visit FL to see if he used any abilities, but my action was unsuccessful.

OK, so at least two people targeted FL if this is what GG is claiming, since that damage had to come from somewhere.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

FL got damaged, so someone attacked them. Then if you assume someone tried to NK him, then a third person would have had to protect them.

But I'm not sure where the assumption that FL was targeted for an NK came from, probably confusion about the rules.

That was my error. I didn't realize he actually took damage.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well that's where that assumption was coming from.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Which I still stand by as being idiotic.

What difference does this make? Im not saying it wasn't idiotic, and I don't think anyone thinks it was a smart, good, or helpful thing for me to do

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The plot thickens

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

What difference does this make? Im not saying it wasn't idiotic, and I don't think anyone thinks it was a smart, good, or helpful thing for me to do

Then why did you do it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Then why did you do it?

He's answered this a bunch of times: because he thought it would be funny.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like the thing with GG is he doesn't seem to be looking for scum motivations, he looks to be looking for reasons to vote people. He constantly used the language "anti-town" but never uses the language "scummy"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
actually he does say scummy, but it just doesn't feel real to me that he could really think the things scummy that he has called scummy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Like the thing with GG is he doesn't seem to be looking for scum motivations, he looks to be looking for reasons to vote people. He constantly used the language "anti-town" but never uses the language "scummy"

I was looking to vote for you on D1 because you made it so that only you and TMM could be voted.

TMM was outraged and that didn't seem scummy to me, but your nonchalance with the TD and how you responded to questioning about it led me to believe your motives were less than town.

Now I just think you're being dense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

No not a tracker. I can see abilities, but not what they do.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

No not a tracker. I can see abilities, but not what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I was looking to vote for you on D1 because you made it so that only you and TMM could be voted.

If that was it then I wouldn't have thought twice, but you do call me scummy, which to me seems like you trying to rationalize a vote that didn't need to be reationalized. It felt like a player self concsious about seeming scummy so you wanted to make sure the town knew your vote was motivated by your towniness, and not just that you were forced into making it

• Locked thread