Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
An answer so nice, he had to post it twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

No not a tracker. I can see abilities, but not what they do.

what do you mean? like what would your result be?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

Given the way abilities seem to be tied to the smaller Gangs, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Confirming that I was at the pods.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

If that was it then I wouldn't have thought twice, but you do call me scummy, which to me seems like you trying to rationalize a vote that didn't need to be reationalized. It felt like a player self concsious about seeming scummy so you wanted to make sure the town knew your vote was motivated by your towniness, and not just that you were forced into making it

lol I had no reason to feel self-conscious, you TD'd.

JakeP posted:

what do you mean? like what would your result be?

Without direct quoting, I can see ability names, but not what they do. I would have gotten an ability name if my action had succeeded.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
kash u going to adult prom?

http://www.s3boston.com/event_prom2016/

(need to point out that I am not but wanted to share that this is a thing that is happening)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, GG, you are saying you didn't track FL, just that you can see what actions they do?

That doesn't quite make sense to me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

lol I had no reason to feel self-conscious, you TD'd.

Right I TD'd and if you just voted me i would have thought nothing of it, but you calling it actually scummy, and going on about it being anti-town just feels like you trying to justify the vote for some reason, and you asking me "If I think TMM is scum" felt like posturing to call me scummier

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Hmm, GG, you are saying you didn't track FL, just that you can see what actions they do?

I'd say that part of my role is a variant of watcher or tracker.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Without direct quoting, I can see ability names, but not what they do. I would have gotten an ability name if my action had succeeded.

Do you see every action they can do, or only the one that they use?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
GG are you able to perform your action, and also search?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I think he's saying he gets the action name. Like your track isn't called track right? If GG looked at you he might see that you have an ability called 'looking at footsteps' or whatever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Do you see every action they can do, or only the one that they use?

I'm supposed to see what actions they take, if it's an ability - I learn its name, but for whatever reason I didn't learn anything. Just got a sad face.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
GG do you only see the action they used, or do you get a list of all of their action/actions?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

I think he's saying he gets the action name. Like your track isn't called track right? If GG looked at you he might see that you have an ability called 'looking at footsteps' or whatever.

My ability is sucking at mafia.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
nevermind, question answered

FL did you perform an ability action last night or a generic one (search/attack etc)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wondering if GG action failed because FL didn't use an ability

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

GG are you able to perform your action, and also search?

Wait, halt.

OK, I'm just going to claim because I'm a little confused about how you found out that GG targeted FL.

I can also track, and chose to track TMM last night. Reading over my track ability, I follow the person to wherever they choose to go, and will see whatever action they perform. But I won't see who they perform it on.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i mean i can't imagine GG being roleblocked, especially since i claimed tracker and was at the same place as gg

Max posted:

Wait, halt.

OK, I'm just going to claim because I'm a little confused about how you found out that GG targeted FL.

I can also track, and chose to track TMM last night. Reading over my track ability, I follow the person to wherever they choose to go, and will see whatever action they perform. But I won't see who they perform it on.

I see who they perform it on but not what the action is

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jake postin in the wrong game lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

Jake postin in the wrong game lol

what

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

wondering if GG action failed because FL didn't use an ability

This is my question as well, but I should have seen an action if he attacked, rested or searched.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

i mean i can't imagine GG being roleblocked, especially since i claimed tracker and was at the same place as gg

I see who they perform it on but not what the action is

Hmm. I think that makes sense.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait how many trackers do we have :psyduck:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my ability is called Expert Trackers

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is my question as well, but I should have seen an action if he attacked, rested or searched.

are you sure?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

You made this post in Pure Mafia

JakeP posted:

:siren:Hey I have an idea:siren:

who wants to be confirmed town? well its not that simple but, whoever attacked FL should claim, and be confirmed town since only town can attack

That I assume was meant for here. Maybe I am wrong though!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Well, I know TMM just searched, since I was told he poked around the rubble. I don't think GG's action would fail since everyone would have likely done something, and he would have been told what it was.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

are you sure?

As far as I know?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

You made this post in Pure Mafia

That I assume was meant for here. Maybe I am wrong though!

:laffo:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Well, I know TMM just searched, since I was told he poked around the rubble. I don't think GG's action would fail since everyone would have likely done something, and he would have been told what it was.

I only see my targets ability or action.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

my ability is called Expert Trackers

OK, mine has a different name, so I guess that does make sense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I didn't even find anything. :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is a whole lot of claiming for D2

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol thanks CL

who wants to be confirmed town? well its not that simple but, whoever attacked FL should claim, and be confirmed town since only town can attack

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I only see my targets ability or action.

It's weird that you have an underpowered version of my power, but you are correct that you should have seen if they just did the bog standard actions that are available to us. Maybe you were roleblocked?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Has FL checked in? Also yeah we might want to stop claiming for no reason.

My name is Old Man Scampuns and I am elderly.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

lol thanks CL

anyone who attacked someone last night should claim it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Wait how many trackers do we have :psyduck:

I'm part of a gang that likes to look out on vast vistas and see where sky touches land. I imagine if others are part of that too they will have similar roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

It's weird that you have an underpowered version of my power, but you are correct that you should have seen if they just did the bog standard actions that are available to us. Maybe you were roleblocked?

If he was roleblocker the ability would fail entirely, wouldn't it?

• Locked thread