Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EminusSleepus posted:

and how he envision his Star Margarine

Palmer's face killed me.

fake e: poo poo. need a cat.

real e: here's a cat

orcinus fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

orcinus posted:

That about sums up Brazilianpeanut's posts.
Mine aren't even disturbing, on the other hand.

You know I was going to disagree, then I remembered http://crazyworldofarthurbrown.imgur.com/all/ yeah you're right, not funny, but very disturbing....

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Moogle posted:

Actually, you have a drat good point there. I hope my entry is 'pointless white noise'.

Same.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

I stopped ripping fatty vapes last week bc when I jammed my sick VU (that's vape unit, plebe) into my hipster pants, the raw tightness mashed play on that "vape" button until all the electrical conductors melted.

Now I'm living in a vapeless hypo-nicotine hellscape where even the sound of a gentle bubbling brook gets me jacked to the tits.

OH AND ONE MORE THING. You're all suspected of shillery. Every last motherfucker in here. I'm keeping loving notes in hotmail and emailing them to myself.

I'm sorry Toops, I know your pain. I was on vacation staying in a cabin in Georgia a while ago and I broke the glass on my tank. It was a rough week. Are you gonna get another one or just saying "gently caress it" and going cold turkey?

Wafflz posted:

There was another site that sold dog goggles called doggles but they weren't that kind. Doggles is a much better name than rex specs though.

Yeah doggles suck bigtime. They're fine for if you're just going outside or whatever, but Kayak is a man of action and needs eyewear that will stay on no matter how many backflips he does.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Skellybones posted:

Derek, is your plan to gain control of CIG by buying 51% of the ships?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

plus they make your dog look like the macho man

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Melkor do I have a note please show me.
Brit | # Smartie

# is part of the growing witch hunt [sorry about that, I like you BTW]

quote:

I get what you're saying, but we've dogpiled maybe four or five peple. A lot more than four or five people have called DS out.
Four or five people this week. That's what got me all triggered, people seem to have gone nuts since the code thing.

quote:

Beer is doing it right now with his toxx and countdown posts and no one is saying poo poo.
And so am I but then again we are both "thread veterans" calling us whales or CIG plants is going to get no traction. But how about people that registered recently? Do you think they are comfortable letting the thread know what they think? I know I would shut up least anyone think me a CIG plant. [insert "you should have shut up either way" here]

quote:

We don't dogpile people for being pro-cig (Remember Looish and the brother-of-goon that joined?) We don't dogpile people for being anti-DS. We dogpile people being lovely posters and attacking DS for being DS.
That's not what it's looking like and I read every post in this thread and by now I know where most of you are coming from. How much worse must it look for some backer that is starting to have doubts? On reddit they tell him "goons will run out everyone that isn't rabidly pro-Derek Smart", if he took a look at the thread this last week would that idea be dispelled or reinforced?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 14, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

It has mutated. Elite is the new Diabo:lol:...

:vince:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Hello Derek. I hope you like my posts.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Do I even warrant PostNotes by MeLKoR(TM) ? I shitpost now to find out

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Because if I see you posting something like "all gay people are pedos" or "all refugees are terrorists" I want to remember that you are a poo poo person next time you talk to me.

If you need to write that down to remember the person is a poo poo person, maybe you aren't bothered by it enough to remember?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I like every poster in this thread, even the anus man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

:same:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

G0RF posted:

This graph seems to think it's late 2015 and fully expects to see FPS, AC v2 and SQ 42 before Feb 2016.....

Is this actually being posted like it's a real thing?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

orcinus posted:

If you need to write that down to remember the person is a poo poo person, maybe you aren't bothered by it enough to remember?

Maybe having spark notes on a subject means you don't have to spend so much energy on the test, and that's ok

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Wafflz posted:

:bigtran:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Call your father

He might assuage her

Scruffpuff posted:

I read that as "he might sausage her."

I seriously read that as "sausage her".
I need coffee.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

TTerrible posted:

Melkor do I have a note please show me.

I get what you're saying, but we've dogpiled maybe four or five peple. A lot more than four or five people have called DS out.

Beer is doing it right now with his toxx and countdown posts and no one is saying poo poo.

We don't dogpile people for being pro-cig (Remember Looish and the brother-of-goon that joined?) We don't dogpile people for being anti-DS. We dogpile people being lovely posters and attacking DS for being DS.

I think, maybe, part of the problem is that the shill-hunt consisted of a lot of people who were making jokes and a couple of people who were serious posting. If you start reading that section through a lens where most people were serious posting then yeah, it seemed like the thread got really weird.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Brit | # Smartie

# is part of the growing witch hunt [sorry about that, I like you BTW]

And so am I but then again we are both "thread veterans" calling us whales or CIG plants is going to get no traction. But how about people that registered recently? Do you think they are comfortable letting the thread know what they think? I know I would shut up least anyone think me a CIG plant. [insert "you should have shut up either way" here]

That's not what it's looking like and I read every post in this thread and by now I know where most of you are coming from. How much worse must it look for some backer that is starting to have doubts? On reddit they tell him "goons will run out everyone that isn't rabidly pro-Derek Smart", if he took a look at the thread this last week would that idea be dispelled or reinforced?

I guess so! I just kind of enjoy the thread turning into a weird parody of the SC community. We call people Sandi alts instead of Derek alts, says Crobblers instead of Skippy etc. I don't think a lot of people care about the threads credibility according to reddit, at the end of this we aren't the ones that'll be wrong about SC.

Does the # mean pro witch hunt or something? I need a key!

I like you to Melkor, you are a good poster. Please don't leave us.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Palisader posted:

I think, maybe, part of the problem is that the shill-hunt consisted of a lot of people who were making jokes and a couple of people who were serious posting. If you start reading that section through a lens where most people were serious posting then yeah, it seemed like the thread got really weird.

Do you guys honestly believe CiG would waste time trolling theses forums as shills?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

:same:

^^^^^^^

Their Director of Spaceships And Other Important Things is doing loving spreadsheets of Wing Commander floppy disk counts and tweeting about them during the day. CIG doesn't seem to get the whole "appropriate use of backer funded time" concept.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 14, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Do you guys honestly believe CiG would waste time trolling theses forums as shills?

Nobody believes it but also saying "hi sandi" is kinda funny so what can you do.

Also I like you too but I would like you more if you actually change your name to ManofManyAnuses since it's actually a funny name.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

... gets archived in the same folder as people bragging about their 4K monitors and how much disposable income they have to spend on ships. You came off as a wanker.

You do know that 4K monitors don't really cost $4k, right?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

We know that they have staff who read this thread. People shilling via posting and engaging? Maybe not paid!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

This graph seems to think it's late 2015 and fully expects to see FPS, AC v2 and SQ 42 before Feb 2016.....

Is this actually being posted like it's a real thing?

What the hell is AC version 2 supposed to be?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

orcinus posted:

I seriously read that as "sausage her".
I need coffee.

It's one of the reasons I love the word assuage

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

Nobody believes it but also saying "hi sandi" is kinda funny so what can you do.

No - even I as a backer think that's hilarious. I won't argue with you there. In the last 10 pages or so, I couldn't help but think someone was fingers-ready on his/her keyboard thinking "OMG the shill is gonna post again soon!"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

G0RF posted:

The thing I love about this chart is they are comparing SC to what were essentially total failures of MMOs and were well known everywhere to have been stuck in dev hell and well over budget. And of course Elite because you know SC gotta compare to that "total failure!!!"

Star Wars: The Old Republic - This game was a complete failure all around. It was stuck in development hell and waaaay over budget. Analysts estimated that ToR cost between $150-200 million to make. To date until SC folds I think this was the most expensive MMO to have been made and it was a complete disaster. The launch was so bad that the game is now F2P because everyone hated the game and it was complete trash. They also outsourced the engine and was part of their issues along with a SUPER HIGH QUALITY cinematics that everyone skipped because they were a snoozefest.

Secret World - $300 million budget (whatever the symbol for Konor is ~$45.5M USD) http://translate.google.com/transla...oersen/20250702
Which also was delayed due to budget constraints because Funcom had to lay off a shitload of staff. Also they got raided by the Norewegian fun police for fraud-related issues on the game http://kotaku.com/funcom-under-investigation-for-trade-violations-1511459402
And surprise, a few months back 4 executives were charged with insider trading :haw: http://www.dn.no/etterBors/2016/02/16/0513/fire-tidligere-funcomtopper-tiltalt-av-kokrim

Guild Wars 2 - actually started in 2007. Don't have much to say on them, the game was trash and I never bothered to play it.

Wildstar - What the gently caress is this even? Oh, some Blizzard people wanted to make their own MMO. They got bought out by NCSoft, most likely forced to help finish GW2 and then NCSoft churned this turd out.

ESO - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA see Star Wars: TOR. Same exact issues, complete garbage and now F2P.

Elite: Dangerous - Well Elite does hold the Guiness record for longest development time for a game however they didn't ask for funding for their game until the end of 2012 and released the game Dec 2014 9 months past their kickstarter estimate. Who cares what the guys did before they got money? That's inconsequential as it was just a pet project they dicked around with up until they got serious about the game. I have plenty of applications I work on in my spare time when I'm bored that have been in development for years for shits.

So maybe Erin/Chris should hit up Secret World's executive staff for tips on how to not get busted for breaking the law with money

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - even I as a backer think that's hilarious. I won't argue with you there. In the last 10 pages or so, I couldn't help but think someone was fingers-ready on his/her keyboard thinking "OMG the shill is gonna post again soon!"

Why did you remove your cats? Non-puppetmaster reason.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Personally? No. I honestly don't even think they'd waste time "monitoring" this thread. Maybe back in the day, but let's be honest - it's very nearly a full time job just keeping up with these shitposts, and how frequently does something that actually matters get posted? Almost never.

But that's why shill-gate was so funny. Derek literally called you a "CIG plant" which is one of the more insane things that got posted in the thread yesterday.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

orcinus posted:

You do know that 4K monitors don't really cost $4k, right?

Only your humility

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes I believe CIG would waste both time and money trolling these forums as shills because that is the kind of thing that an insane person who writes emails about being the best saleswoman since she was a little girl would authorize and personally oversee

I 100% believe that this is a thing that CIG would do because CIG is an incompetent company that is very very vain

This is a company that invented a 10 minute time out system for bad guys in their pre-alpha and tied it to the system clock and introduced a new pre-pre-pre-alpha private test mode for knobgobblers only because of dancing cat videos I mean they are capable of any stupid thing at this point

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ManofManyAliases posted:

Enough with your filthy shill logic!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

flyboi posted:

The thing I love about this chart is they are comparing SC to what were essentially total failures of MMOs and were well known everywhere to have been stuck in dev hell and well over budget. And of course Elite because you know SC gotta compare to that "total failure!!!"

Star Wars: The Old Republic - This game was a complete failure all around. It was stuck in development hell and waaaay over budget. Analysts estimated that ToR cost between $150-200 million to make. To date until SC folds I think this was the most expensive MMO to have been made and it was a complete disaster. The launch was so bad that the game is now F2P because everyone hated the game and it was complete trash. They also outsourced the engine and was part of their issues along with a SUPER HIGH QUALITY cinematics that everyone skipped because they were a snoozefest.

Secret World - $300 million budget (whatever the symbol for Konor is ~$45.5M USD) http://translate.google.com/transla...oersen/20250702
Which also was delayed due to budget constraints because Funcom had to lay off a shitload of staff. Also they got raided by the Norewegian fun police for fraud-related issues on the game http://kotaku.com/funcom-under-investigation-for-trade-violations-1511459402
And surprise, a few months back 4 executives were charged with insider trading :haw: http://www.dn.no/etterBors/2016/02/16/0513/fire-tidligere-funcomtopper-tiltalt-av-kokrim

Guild Wars 2 - actually started in 2007. Don't have much to say on them, the game was trash and I never bothered to play it.

Wildstar - What the gently caress is this even? Oh, some Blizzard people wanted to make their own MMO. They got bought out by NCSoft, most likely forced to help finish GW2 and then NCSoft churned this turd out.

ESO - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA see Star Wars: TOR. Same exact issues, complete garbage and now F2P.

Elite: Dangerous - Well Elite does hold the Guiness record for longest development time for a game however they didn't ask for funding for their game until the end of 2012 and released the game Dec 2014 9 months past their kickstarter estimate. Who cares what the guys did before they got money? That's inconsequential as it was just a pet project they dicked around with up until they got serious about the game. I have plenty of applications I work on in my spare time when I'm bored that have been in development for years for shits.

So maybe Erin/Chris should hit up Secret World's executive staff for tips on how to not get busted for breaking the law with money

Aside from other Space "MMOs" in the works, what else would they have to compare SC against?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

You also have to remember that we have seen Sandi personally emailing high profile backers with screenshots of their posts on this forum saying "is this you?" so all comedy has a thread of truth running through it.

The idea that people from CIG really do read our terrible posts on here is probably the best part of the thread.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

flyboi posted:

I still can't get my head around the disconnect that Elite Dangerous started development as soon as the previous Elite game dropped but SC didn't start the second WC4 dropped.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

It is, and I think it's cool to be honest. I like some context from time to time. There are a lot of excellent posters here who alternate between deep insights, parody posts, catte pics, effort posting, double-reverse-inverse-trolling, and just plain taking the piss. I see how it could be very helpful to have a quick note about someone - it can be hard to differentiate between a sarcastic post and a real one without going through thousands of pages. There's a world of difference between Eonwe saying "but I like underage girls TBH" and Seraph saying the exact same thing. Eonwe is joking, Seraph is not. This note-taking system is really cool for having instant perspective like that.

But not knowing is half the fun, ffs.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Mr.Tophat posted:

"Do you honestly believe?" I screamed at the screen as my hands flung themselves towards my scalp in exasperation

Just another day in the 'verse

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scully, after everything you've seen, everything that's happened to you, how can you still not believe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

Is the soap button to clean up shitposts?

SOAP gives me bad flashbacks to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP

• Locked thread