Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

If he was roleblocker the ability would fail entirely, wouldn't it?

Like I said, I just got a sad face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GG did say it failed though?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

JakeP posted:

lol thanks CL

:siren:Hey I have an idea:siren:

who wants to be confirmed town? well its not that simple but, whoever attacked FL should claim, and be confirmed town since only town can attack

It wasn't me. And it wasn't you. And it wasn't GG.
So either Jimson ,infinitum or punt and i cant remember if they have claimed already

thats everyone i saw at the drat dam

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

I'm part of a gang that likes to look out on vast vistas and see where sky touches land. I imagine if others are part of that too they will have similar roles.

What's your gang name? :allears:

Mines Gin and Tonic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

GG did say it failed though?

Yes, followed by a sadface.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Mines Gin and Tonic.

If you're in it, you should know based on what I just described.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
My gang is The Marshalls and we have hot chicks with weird hair

Also if no one claims the attack on FL I am going to just go ahead and say FL prolly scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

i think every player is their own gang

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I searched the Dam last night.

Max posted:

No you're either a Single character, a Duo, or a Gang.

I'm a Duo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh.

Well mine is Horizon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I assumed there were more people in that gang. Guess I was wrong.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress gangs, yall are whack

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My type is the Not Claiming because Holy poo poo no reason to.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i will literally fight every gangbanger i see

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CCKeane posted:

cckeane wanna meet up tonight

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

My gang is The Marshalls and we have hot chicks with weird hair

Also if no one claims the attack on FL I am going to just go ahead and say FL prolly scum

I kind of see this. It just doesn't make much sense to me unless FL was also confused about the mechanics and didn't realize that by claiming damage they were accidentally confirming someone was town (whenever that person claims). Maybe as scum they though "Oh, if I was attacked people will think scum attacked me."

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I only claimed because I can track too but the mechanics are different and I was confused about that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rurea posted:

cckeane wanna meet up tonight

IRL for hot kinky sex: yes.

Otherwise no.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

9, apparently the dam is a very popular tourist attraction

Kumbamontu, can you list off everyone is at the dam?

I'd like to see him list everyone off before anyone else mentions their location as well, so we can cross reference it to confirm he's not lying about it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Does anyone know how the stats work? Like in order to hit someone does there attack need to exceed your def or something? I was attacked last night and would like them to claim. Mainly because as a solo progress alligned I don't have a gang, but my character is built to be the toughest thing in the wastes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I only claimed because I can track too but the mechanics are different and I was confused about that.

I understand where you are coming from, though it wouldnt have been my play.

Claiming Gang/Duo/Solo is silly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I understand where you are coming from, though it wouldnt have been my play.

Mmm, I was confused about that aspect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh and to confirm I searched the dam last night.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Mines Gin and Tonic.

You know what's in a gin and tonic?

Too much loving tonic.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Why? It seems like pointless flavor stuff that should have no effect on anything at all

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JakeP posted:

Why? It seems like pointless flavor stuff that should have no effect on anything at all

Solo progress alligned player open to gang activities seeks suitable male co-patriot for exploring my wastes and searching my dam.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess it can point to what you character should be good at, since the OP does lay out what Gangs/Duo/Solo focus on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

It's in the OP. Type has stat implications, claiming a type can highlight you strengths and weaknesses.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:smokes a bowl:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

Well from the op
[quote]Gangs tend to either be strongest in Attack or Perception, Duos tend to be stronger in defense, and Solos tend to be stronger in Stealth.[/quoter]

You could get a rough idea of peoples stats.
'tend' being the keyword he, as some people will probably have different stats.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

It's in the OP. Type has stat implications, claiming a type can highlight you strengths and weaknesses.

is there anything else from the OP I should know? I went this long without reading it not gonna start now

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you go to the mall, it's possible to buff some of your stats though, so it seems like a moot point.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I searched last night, unless GG got roleblocked there's no reason that his action would have failed.

As for injured, I didn't say I was damaged, just that I got attacked. I was bulletproof last night, so it could have been a nightkill or a regular attack; I was simply notified that my BP was expended.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Flying Leatherman posted:

I searched last night, unless GG got roleblocked there's no reason that his action would have failed.

As for injured, I didn't say I was damaged, just that I got attacked. I was bulletproof last night, so it could have been a nightkill or a regular attack; I was simply notified that my BP was expended.

welp

##vote GG

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Aha, that makes much more sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, unless someone wants to claim they roleblocked GG

##vote GG

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

welp

##vote GG

##vote GG
Despite the fact that it goes against everything I stand for not to turbo Kashuno this is kind of damning for GG

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
consider my vote on GG but i don't want to super turbo him before everyone can check in

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Do I really need to tell you guys NOT to post mod communication PMs in thread.

Next time it happens it IS a mod kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey GG, did you try to kill FL last night?

• Locked thread