Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, it doesn't mean that Rurea isn't scum. Just that he didn't target FL last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rurea posted:

except jake immediately posted confirming what i just said so...

That doesn't really help someone that has no idea what's going on, and this thread moves fast. Don't get mad at people when they question a half-claim like the one you made.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Im not mad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

I won't even be mad I would rather we confirm town than have some kind of vendetta

Yeah this.

Idea probably has a lot of holes in it, but on future nights we could also nominate ONE person to randomly attack a person in their area and help confirm more town via verification like this as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like their has to be a way to game the mechanics to work in towns favour to get some form of verification happening to at least confirm a few of us.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Sadly I just did a boring old search.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Yeah this.

Idea probably has a lot of holes in it, but on future nights we could also nominate ONE person to randomly attack a person in their area and help confirm more town via verification like this as well.

No offense but that's a dumb plan and it won't actually work. All it would take to foil it is nominating a scum to attack and then having a scum buddy go to the same location and say they were attacked.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

Yeah this.

Problem is we don't know what happens if someone is attacked and they have higher defence than the attackers attack. Are they notified they were attacked? Or does nothing happen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Puntification posted:

Sadly I just did a boring old search.

So noone is claiming they attacked him.
I would assume CPig would mention you were attack by a mob if it wasn't a player.

Gentlemen we have a mole.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

No offense but that's a dumb plan and it won't actually work. All it would take to foil it is nominating a scum to attack and then having a scum buddy go to the same location and say they were attacked.

I said it was full of holes, but there has to be a way to use the mechanics we have to our advantage to game an advantage of the scum team.

Like this is probably the first time this specific setup has been run, so there has to be flaws we can use to game the system to give town the edge.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

I would assume CPig would mention you were attack by a mob if it wasn't a player.

Let's also try and remember that some people haven't posted yet...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Punt - Searched
Infinitum - Searched
GG
Rurea - Did not attack according to JakeP
Azuth
Jimson
FL - Searched
JakeP - Tracked GG to FL
Kumbamontu

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Kumba and azuth still havent claimed their actions

Infinitum posted:

Punt - searched
Infinitum - Searched
GG - Tracked???? ( possibly lying)
Rurea - went to jakeP
Azuth
Jimson - searched
FL - Searched
JakeP - Tracking
Kumbamontu

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

well he didnt say he was attacked persay, he said his Bullet Proof was used up. Its more likely he was actually targetted by the night kill. Especially considering there was no night kill last night

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheers, sorry thought everyone had but Punt.

Been going through the list.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and as for attacking to confirm alignment, we shouldn't have 1 person attack we should have several. We should shortlist out the scummiest players and make them attack people

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

and as for attacking to confirm alignment, we shouldn't have 1 person attack we should have several. We should shortlist out the scummiest players and make them attack people

zzz game broken by mechanics. Yeah I say let's do it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

well he didnt say he was attacked persay, he said his Bullet Proof was used up. Its more likely he was actually targetted by the night kill. Especially considering there was no night kill last night

Where did he say Bullet Proof?

I thought he only mentioned he lost -1 health.

Jimson posted:

Oh also, you were attacks and suffered minor scratches to your suits paint job.

You lose 1 HP

Come break your weapons upon me!

Scum team cannot attack. They can only nightkill.

This is why I'm saying we can possibly find a way to use the attack mechanic to our advantage to help verify town somehow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Where did he say Bullet Proof?

I thought he only mentioned he lost -1 health.

Scum team cannot attack. They can only nightkill.

This is why I'm saying we can possibly find a way to use the attack mechanic to our advantage to help verify town somehow.

Jimson isn't Flying Leatherman

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Who posted a mod PM?

I think it was Jimson, the post where he said he lost HP looks like it was a copy/paste.

Semi-Related, ##vote GG I don't think an attack like what Jimson claims to received would have popped FL's bulletproof

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's late

:negative:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and that solves the who posted a mod PM.

Bad Jimson.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Flying Leatherman posted:

I searched last night, unless GG got roleblocked there's no reason that his action would have failed.

As for injured, I didn't say I was damaged, just that I got attacked. I was bulletproof last night, so it could have been a nightkill or a regular attack; I was simply notified that my BP was expended.

@infinitum

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

Semi-Related, ##vote GG I don't think an attack like what Jimson claims to received would have popped FL's bulletproof

based on what?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

@infinitum

Cheers big ears.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Cheers big ears.

Suck me off hasslehoff

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What if FL is lying?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

What if FL is lying?

then we lynch him tomorrow?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

then we lynch him tomorrow?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Now we getting into chain lynch territory. What if FL isn't lying, but neither is GG

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That would be difficult since anyone of the other people that were at the dam could also be lying. How can you confirm that he lost his BP?

But no one is claiming a roleblock yet (but scum probably wouldn't if GG is town.)

Most likely scenario though is that GG did try to NK FL, given what we know.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

Also couldn't we segregate everyone off into different zones for 1 night.

For sake of the example 5 players in each zone.

Player 1 attacks 2
Player 2 attacks 3
Player 3 attacks 4
Player 4 attacks 5
Player 5 attacks 1

Can find out scum via whoever didn't lose health based on who was meant to attack them.
We'd lose health, but it could be a way to whittle the list down to potential scum targets.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually no wait drat. Perception stat and sneaking stat would hide some people.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Most likely scenario though is that GG did try to NK FL, given what we know.

Yeah I agree with this. Based on GGs claim i dont see why he would even use his power rather than like searching for an item or something instead, his claimed power doesn't really give him anything, except some rando cowboy oneliner that may or may not give him a good hint on what the persons abilities might do

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wake me up when mechanics: the game is over.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's 2am, I'm going to sleep :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone should just stop trying to game the mechanics because all it's going to end up doing is confirming a scum as town. Just play the game naturally and scum hunt.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

Now we getting into chain lynch territory. What if FL isn't lying, but neither is GG

Agreed, at very least I think we should probably attempt to resolve what happened before deciding that we need to turn round and merk a dude if we're wrong.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Actually no wait drat. Perception stat and sneaking stat would hide some people.

Yeah this throws a whole wrench into your plan, we cant exactly plan out attack targets if we cant guarantee we will even see anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Wake me up when mechanics: the game is over.

lol look at this scumbo mad bitter that town owning him with game breaking strats

• Locked thread