Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilPsych
Jul 19, 2004
Ask me about my 'LiveJournal' :rollseyes:

wheatpuppy posted:

Re: the ear-sewing dude, I read somewhere that guy is deaf in that ear. No clue if it's true, but it sort of makes it make more sense.

I guess he doesn't wear sunglasses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Maybe a sun pince-nez?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EvilPsych posted:

I guess he doesn't wear sunglasses?

not with his special eyes he doens't

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

strangemusic posted:

Just wait until you see the guys implanting LEDs subdermally. Oh wait I mean "biohacking." I don't have a link but it's very real and very :psyduck:

Where do they plug it in? Or alternatively, how do they change the batteries? Do they just cut themselves open to replace the lights when th ebatteries run out?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

BrigadierSensible posted:

Where do they plug it in? Or alternatively, how do they change the batteries? Do they just cut themselves open to replace the lights when th ebatteries run out?

Just hook it into your arteries with a little turbine and it'll stay powered for as long as you're eating double cheese burgers!

(i'm kidding, LED's use next to no power, the battery should last for 100,000 hours or some bollocks like that, so it's around 10 years before it quits lighting up, at which point you just replace it with whatever new tech is out then)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
But they get dimmer over time

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

That's really sad. This makes me sad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
She knows what she likes

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Isn't the dick upside down? Like aren't we seeing the underside of the dick, like the dude is twisting it around?

Or is it not supposed to look like a dick ejaculating onto her chest and just supposed to look like a contextless dick ejaculating

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Heath posted:

She knows what she likes

Aids

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I hope she was drunk/high when she got it and she just stays drunk/high for the rest of her life so she never has to realize what she's done.

Question: anyone know if tattoo artists largely have a no drunks policy? Drunk tats explain 90% of the poo poo in this thread but you'd think "we'll tattoo you when you're too drunk to say no" would be a poor endorsement.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Deified Data posted:

I hope she was drunk/high when she got it and she just stays drunk/high for the rest of her life so she never has to realize what she's done.

Question: anyone know if tattoo artists largely have a no drunks policy? Drunk tats explain 90% of the poo poo in this thread but you'd think "we'll tattoo you when you're too drunk to say no" would be a poor endorsement.

Tattoo Factory in Chicago literally bought and built a bar next to it

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20140131/uptown/tattoo-factory-owner-opening-drink-ink-bar-next-door-his-shop

That place caters to the drunk crowd, tons of artists who all do walk-ins and the place is huge and every wall is covered with those generic "I am un-creative" pics of generic tramp stamps/tribal/Chinese characters.

Like this, but much, MUCH worse.

Good artists will refuse to do tattoos on someone who is obviously inebriated. But there's a whole poo poo ton of poo poo "artists" out there.

E: I don't even need to post examples because like 90% of the artists portfolios are terrible

https://www.tattoofactory.com/tattoos/

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Apr 13, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The two places I've gotten mine at have "NO INTOXICATION" all over the walls and on the release forms, but I imagine there's plenty of less scrupulous places and artists.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well Illinois has the issue that literally anybody can set up a shop with very little paperwork. You basically just have to buy an autoclave and tell the state you're going to do tattoos.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I thought another reason artists don't like tattooing on drunk people is because the alcohol thins their blood and they bleed more

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Endless Mike posted:

The two places I've gotten mine at have "NO INTOXICATION" all over the walls and on the release forms, but I imagine there's plenty of less scrupulous places and artists.

You really should be at a place classy enough to not even need the sign.

If you aren't making an appointment, you might have a shirt artists.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Kwyndig posted:

You basically just have to buy an autoclave and tell the state you're going to do tattoos.

Just yell it into the ground like Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's a shirt artist?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
They do designs and then silk screen them onto T-Shirts. Probably better to go with a shirt artist since you can always take the T-Shirt off.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I'm assuming it refers to the A-shirt (otherwise affectionately known as a "wifebeater"), frequently worn by kitchen tattoo "artists."

Kwyndig posted:

Well Illinois has the issue that literally anybody can set up a shop with very little paperwork. You basically just have to buy an autoclave and tell the state you're going to do tattoos.

Nah, they're actually pretty nuts about health and safety. Before they'll give you a license, they come by and inspect your equipment and the condition of the premises, and will do periodic inspections. Recently, a couple of my buddies that run a parlor were bitching about being told by the state they had to relocate because the building they were in was too old.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The simplest way to avoid bad tattoo artists is to never get a tattoo because they are really loving stupid and only exist so that people on the internet can laugh at the horrible poo poo you permanently had put on your body.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

You really should be at a place classy enough to not even need the sign.

If you aren't making an appointment, you might have a shirt artists.
Both places are largely appointment-only, they just happen to be neighborhoods with lots of bars, so I can understand the concern.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

spudsbuckley posted:

The simplest way to avoid bad tattoo artists is to never get a tattoo because they are really loving stupid and only exist so that people on the internet can laugh at the horrible poo poo you permanently had put on your body.

Look at this wimp. Just look at him.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

spudsbuckley posted:

My tattoos can beat you up

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
B-But I have my children's names tattoo'd on my wrists. Surely thats innocent and not horrible :(

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Stringbean posted:

B-But I have my children's names tattoo'd on my wrists. Surely thats innocent and not horrible :(

That's the most horrible. Sorry.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stringbean posted:

I don't understand why anyone would do this.

Do you think you will forget their names some day and need a handy reminder? Do you think someone will see it and give even half a poo poo about who Jadeyn and Caleb are?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stringbean posted:

If your kids' names are some poo poo like Jaydynn and Cayeitlynnynn, you need to have them removed.

Your wrists, not the tattoos.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If your kids' names are some poo poo like Jaydynn and Cayeitlynnynn, you need to have them removed.

Your wrists, not the tattoos.

Also, your children.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't understand why anyone would do this.

Do you think you will forget their names some day and need a handy reminder? Do you think someone will see it and give even half a poo poo about who Jadeyn and Caleb are?

Idk, depending on how you look at it it's less dumb than getting a band name or something tattooed on. Like, you made the kids and all. It's a matter of being proud, like when people get patriotic tats or other group/characteristic pride type things. (not that that precludes anythign in any of those categories from being stupid, just saying i get why people do it. Mos tpeople want their tattoos to have meaning and for a lot of people ther'es nothing more meaningful than their kids :shobon: )

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

Idk, depending on how you look at it it's less dumb than getting a band name or something tattooed on. Like, you made the kids and all. It's a matter of being proud, like when people get patriotic tats or other group/characteristic pride type things. (not that that precludes anythign in any of those categories from being stupid, just saying i get why people do it. Mos tpeople want their tattoos to have meaning and for a lot of people ther'es nothing more meaningful than their kids :shobon: )

Thanks bud, appreciate it :shobon:

Their names are Zoe and James by the way, and they are the best things I have ever done with my life.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

spudsbuckley posted:

Same

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stringbean posted:

Their names are Zoe and James

You may keep your wrists and children :yayclod:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sweeperbravo posted:

It's objectively dumb as gently caress. You already know your kids names already and no one else gives a poo poo.

It is just the sign of a person who is so starved for attention that they daub names on themselves hoping some random rear end in a top hat will come up to them and ask "Who are Jocelyn and Brad?" so they can bore yet another person with a rambling soliloquy about their kids and how they are soooooooo amazing.

All tattoos are loving stupid and have no meaning. They are merely a desperate attempt to make yourself look more interesting when you have gently caress all going for you.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

It's objectively dumb as gently caress. You already know your kids names already and no one else gives a poo poo.

It is just the sign of a person who is so starved for attention that they daub names on themselves hoping some random rear end in a top hat will come up to them and ask "Who are Jocelyn and Brad?" so they can bore yet another person with a rambling soliloquy about their kids and how they are soooooooo amazing.

All tattoos are loving stupid and have no meaning. They are merely a desperate attempt to make yourself look more interesting when you have gently caress all going for you.

Awesome gimmick, duder. You should head over to Games and tell everyone in the Dark Souls 3 thread that videogames are a waste of time for children, then stop by AI and tell them that owning an car is just compensating for the fact that you have a small penis.

A good takedown for CC would be that all hobbies and artistic endeavors are futile wastes of time that nobody cares about.

You've really got something good going on here so I'd hate to see you run out of steam

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tattoos are usually dumb but at least you can have them removed. And they don't cost you a poo poo ton of money. Having kids is tasteless and terrible.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

spudsbuckley posted:

Sick post brah

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Awesome gimmick, duder. You should head over to Games and tell everyone in the Dark Souls 3 thread that videogames are a waste of time for children, then stop by AI and tell them that owning an car is just compensating for the fact that you have a small penis.

A good takedown for CC would be that all hobbies and artistic endeavors are futile wastes of time that nobody cares about.

You've really got something good going on here so I'd hate to see you run out of steam

What can he do in TCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

sweeperbravo posted:

What can he do in TCC

Drugs are objectively dumb as gently caress. You already know the euphoria is just chemically induced and no one else gives a poo poo.

It is just the sign of a person who is so starved for feeling that they dab hoping some random rear end in a top hat will come up to them and ask "hey you wanna smoke?" so they can bore yet another person with a rambling soliloquy about mandatory minimum laws and how hemp is soooooooo amazing.

All mind altering substances are loving stupid and have no purpose. They are merely a desperate attempt to feel good and make your life interesting when you have gently caress all going for you.

• Locked thread