Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ha knew it. The real answer I'd say is just pretend on this forum that you don't know anything beyond this thread. But I'm not sure you are capable of that Derek.

I dunno, but Videogames was pretty clear. Don't do ANY of the things listed below, and you're fine.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3217#post458714223

quote:

Dear Thread,

Please can this thread stay on topic of the failings of Star Citizen and the creation of the game. The last few hours I hope have allowed you gather your thoughts and agree with me that all drama concerning posters of this thread's real lives (no matter who the poster is) are unnecessary when the game itself has enough comedy going for it already. This thread is for Star Citizen, CIG and the Star Citizen forums.

Any drama concerning anyone's real life, name, career and past that is brought up for the sole purpose of trying to defame or harass will face probation. There will be no extra warning other than this.

I will be reading and following along with the thread, and if I miss anything of this nature then please report it so that it may be acted upon.

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

VenusRedux posted:

You should learn to pick your battles you insufferable oval office.

Wait, FrankieGoes is Sandi? I'm having trouble keeping track. Quick poll: who in this thread does not work for CIG?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Well either he meant "counsel" or he is referring to the issue "council"

But AP (I think) reminded him yesterday that he had CIG listed twice in his LinkedIn profile. Then he fixed it. He didn't update it to show that he still works there though. Confusing. We should ask him if/when he comes back.

Well you just had to quote it didn't you. Please don't ban me mods I know not what I do!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Guys, I don't think Star Citizen is going to come out.

I'm also not entirely sure this thread is going to make it to page 3500 :v:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

Wait, FrankieGoes is Sandi? I'm having trouble keeping track. Quick poll: who in this thread does not work for CIG?

:allears:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Scruffpuff posted:

No. People are appearantly getting called out, Frankie is not one. That I have seen, nor would believe he is.

Insufferable oval office? Maybe. CIG shill/Sandi? Probably not.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wow they have Steam support beat in ineptitude. That is a crowning achievement.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

I dunno, but Videogames was pretty clear. Don't do ANY of the things listed below, and you're fine.

You're right, thanks for linking it and quoting it. I appreciate the clarification.

Responding to you is very easy by just acquiescing.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
e: oh, theres a picture, thats a real person that has a real name, nevermind

also the inforedux people, you seem okay, but sometimes you come off real :smug: im the real mature, intelligent professional here, you're all idiot plebes :smug: like that one rear end in a top hat

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 14, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Am I going insane or did this thread just jokingly accuse MoMA of being every single CIG employee we could think of and it turns out that he was actually Lando's room mate?

Is this a real thing that just happened? Or am I misunderstanding things?

Because that's loving wonderful if it's true.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

But AP (I think) reminded him yesterday that he had CIG listed twice in his LinkedIn profile. Then he fixed it. He didn't update it to show that he still works there though. Confusing. We should ask him if/when he comes back.

Can't take credit for that, was someone else, can't remember who.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

No. People are appearantly getting called out, Frankie is not one. That I have seen, nor would believe he is.

pls calm down and post some cattes

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

:ughh:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

VenusRedux posted:

Fuzzknot?!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chalks posted:

Am I going insane or did this thread just jokingly accuse MoMA of being every single CIG employee we could think of and it turns out that he was actually Lando's room mate?

Is this a real thing that just happened? Or am I misunderstanding things?

Because that's loving wonderful if it's true.

:vince: if true.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

i've never seen such an efficient pause/resume on a meltdown. Do you use a browser plugin for it or

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

One page. We couldn't even make it one page before we dove back into speculation about which of us is which CIG shill.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lando is in staff mode right now you won't be able to get an honest answer from him on twitter

also the fact that the thread got paused for a bit means i actually caught up with it during work hours

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Eonwe posted:

please be nice, everyone

:same:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

One page. We couldn't even make it one page before we dove back into speculation about which of us is which CIG shill.

Sounds like something Chris Roberts would say.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZWvuq85C4&t=715s

Star Citizen, 112 million dollars, change into t-shirts & shorts and hang out for no reason at all, then go through the airlock.

Do not listen to this man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mods, I have nothing to do with any of this. I'm just a simple guy who likes his dog, talking about fishes, and horrifically mutilating plastic people.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
even Kayak looks guilty. Look what you have done, thread.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Sounds like something Chris Roberts would say.

Please. There's no way Chris could have kept you guys in the dark this long. I'm clearly Lando.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

lol

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I like Derek, but coming back with that post is asking for it. Maybe we need to take a step back. There's plenty to discuss/laugh about without calling people out like this.
Well you do have to admit you vanished for a couple of months, then came back gunning non-stop for Derek. You didn't seem to be enjoying any :lol:s - just raging. Amirite?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Please. There's no way Chris could have kept you guys in the dark this long. I'm clearly Lando.

Makes sense...that blanket does look awfully close to the space blankie...

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Jon Do posted:

e: oh, theres a picture, thats a real person that has a real name, nevermind

also the inforedux people, you seem okay, but sometimes you come off real :smug: im the real mature, intelligent professional here, you're all idiot plebes :smug: like that one rear end in a top hat

Well, if that's how I, or V, have come off I do apologize. Thank you though for being honest about it.

Cause at the end of the day, let me be the first to say I can be an idiot with a 5th grade writing style. I know it. And always appreciate criticism.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

And always appreciate criticism.

No, you really, really can't handle criticism

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

You know it was a joke right? Like no one is calling anyone out besides Derek mentioning Moma right? Just saying.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I'm beginning to have some nagging doubts about this project.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

look at all these bad words in the same post

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

You know it was a joke right? Like no one is calling anyone out besides Derek mentioning Moma right? Just saying.

Yeah, my post was completely tongue-in-cheek, though - and you answered it totally honestly, so I was taken aback a bit. It's all good.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm beginning to have some nagging doubts about this project.

Well when I find myself feeling that way I drop another starfarer into my hangar

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Wth happened here? I leave for 2 hours and this whole place melted down.
Shame I couldn't witness it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well when I find myself feeling that way I drop another starfarer into my hangar

:agreed:

It helps me to feel a special.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I go to sleep and this happens...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is this a euphemism

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Mods, I have nothing to do with any of this. I'm just a simple guy who likes his dog, talking about fishes, and horrifically mutilating plastic people.

I never want to go two hours without a Kayak pic again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

VenusRedux posted:

Nice meltdown.

FYI: "nuh uh, my long lovely boring posts about Derek weren't endless because I also made long lovely boring posts about other subjects" isn't the greatest argument I've ever heard.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 14, 2016

• Locked thread