Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
The catte nap has been unveiled.

I must ignore the noise.

Changing to +1 Catmandu from -1 Asher Ado

Naps Taken: 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Sullo
Wisping: 3

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
+1 for Sullo
The wall has been weakened (1) times.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
LOSERS MUST LOSE!

-1 TO SULLO!

WISP COUNT: 4

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
+1 Sullo
It's a flying island, come on!

wispings=3;

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

+1 Sullo

Going up means the island can come back down.

Whispings: 1

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
+1 to Illarin

1 dark muttering

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Groovemageddon!

+1 to Ashar Ado
Wispiness 3

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

LuiCypher posted:

Catmandu, Goddess of Cattes
2/3 HP

Teaching the Verre how to nap, incorporating their skills for stealth and observation to keep them safe - hopefully, I've also taught them how to purr when they're happy! - 17

Help make these cool cattes all they can be! :radcat:

+1 Wisp to Catmandu
, teach some cats to nap.

# of Cattes wisped to sleep in that really nice little patch of sun by the laundry room: 4

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

+1 Sullo flying islands are rad

Whisp actions: 4

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

+1 to Sullo

Wisp Count: 4

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

+1 to Sullo's cool floating island.

That's 2 taps against the shackles of eternity.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

-1 to Illarin's action. This might be going a bit too far.

Wisp count: 2

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 Sullo, vote #3

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Wisping closed - update tomorrow. Lots of stuff to write and draw for the End of the Age!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:woop: Perfect no hit run for Illarin! Best God. :catholic:

e: Final wisp totals for the age!

Absurd Revolver: 4
Abyssal Squid: 2
AJ_Impy: 2
Arkanomen: 1
Barbed Tongues: 3
Deltasquid: 4
Dinosaurmageddon: 3
DivineCoffeeBinge: 4
Elfface: 2
Gravedust: 3
Hexenritter: 1
HiHo ChiRho: 4
hollylolly: 4
JesterOfAmerica: 4
King Cohort: 2
Kristopher: 1
LivesInGrey: 2
LowellDND: 3
Magnusth: 4
mcclay: 4
Music Theory: 3
nothing to seehere: 1
Nyaa: 4
Puppies are dicks: 4
RandomPaul: 4
Roland T. Dapperman: 4
stevey666: 1
Theantero: 4
TheNabster: 4
UnCO3: 2
Waci: 4
Xiphopagus: 3
Zybourne Clock: 0

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 14, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

A Darker Porpoise posted:

:woop: Perfect no hit run for Illarin! Best God. :catholic:

I would argue that there is only one Best God(dess), but perhaps I am biased :radcat:

At any rate, thanks to all those wisps that wisped me in the first round (thus preventing the loss of a hit point when I rolled a 3!) and a definite shout-out to Puppies are dicks for always wisping my actions when they got a chance, in addition to the several others who got on the CatteWagon.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Gods broke apart, raining pieces of essence like ashes - but they weren’t gone yet. There was much left to do!

The Silvurtle did exactly as their God bade them and sought out the Aqueau in their Watery homes. They marched to their Lakes, guided by the Silver Song, and the Aqueau rose out of the Water in their multitudes to greet them. After a short period of… adjustment, the two Peoples found they had much in common. As the Age drew to a close, they learned from one another.

As the Time grew Nigh, preparations began for the Last Dance. The damage to the Glass Spires precluded setting it there - and in any case, the Aqueau protested the distance. Instead, they called out to their Gods in between the Spires and the Lakes. The First Age of Gods ended with the thunderous footsteps of a manifest God and the beginning of a great friendship between two of Somewhere’s Peoples.

(The Silvurtle, through discussion with the Aqueau, gain knowledge of other Gods, other People and the Cycle of Gods. The two People become Friendly. The two People will share other knowledge, over time - including Silver and Water magic, potentially.)

The Verre took their Goddess’ reveal with an aloof disinterest that poorly covered their loss. But Her gentle hand reached out and touched them, and they were comforted. They took up positions near the Last Dance - far off enough that they could nap uninterrupted, but not so far that they’d miss anything interesting. They filled Marblemoss cups with Milk for one last time, set one aside for the Goddess, and napped away the end of the First Age, purring like vibrating Glass.

(The Verre gained knowledge of the Cycle of Gods. They also improve their Stealth and gain the ability to Nap Anywhere, allowing them to survive comfortably in dangerous or uncertain times.)

The End of the Age marched towards Somewhere - but the Fortugnat knew naught of it. How could they? For all of the wonders promised to them by their fallen God, he had neglected to tell them of the ways of the world. The Fortugnat were alone on Somewhere. Well, almost.

Illarin, God of Flowing Water posted:

This Is Your Fault.
The words crushed down on them like an inexorable wall of Water. Deesix’s People looked to him for guidance, for knowledge. But their King was trembling, his God-forged sword broken in half. One of his Seven (now Three) approached...

Deesix roared, swinging his blade out wildly - and the Three became Two. The Fortugnat fled as King Deesix wailed in rage and betrayal. A broken People, a broken King. Praise be to the Gods.

(The Fortugnat become Disheartened and Afraid - losing Brave! Hero King Deesix has gone Mad!)

As the Last Dance rocked the world, the Aqueau crowded around their new Heroes - or tried to, at least. Wheyfarer Rennet tended to keep to himself, skipping between his lakes: the lake of Milk was his, as far as he was concerned, and it was difficult to dissuade him. He had been touched by two Gods, and he was beholden to none. Still, the cheese he brought to the others was greatly appreciated, and far more flavorful than the average, scrounged morsel. The Silvurtle, however, did not appreciate the taste quite as much!

Droplette was a completely different story! She was a wonder to watch - the magic of her God allowed her to bend and flow like the Water around her, granting her unnatural speed in Water and control over its properties. She used her powers liberally and frequently, impressing the others and inspiring them to learn for themselves. Not everyone had the knack - but even those without could benefit from the Hydromancers among them. But there was time to learn later - now it was time to dance!

(The Aqueau gain Hydromancy - Basic Water Magic. Water Magic has these qualities:

Anything that could be reasonably (or unreasonably) spun to fall under those aspects is fair game. You do not need to tell them to use it - they know how, and they use it in their daily life - but if you want to do something specific, you can tell them to.

They also became friends with the Silvurtle. The two People will share other knowledge, over time - including Silver and Water magic, potentially.)

The Laitache continued their trek - glad, now, to be leaving behind the mainlaind, what with the shaking of the earth! They muttered among their Castes as they walked, squabbling about a name for their new home. All at once, a singular word appeared in their minds, silencing them - ParaDice. Their new home would be ParaDice.

Filled with a sort of anxious excitement, the Laitache explored their new land. Another quake shook them, and they fell to their knees in supplication. But the shaking continued, unabated! They called out to Sullo, wailing in fear - as the horizon began to shift. The shaking dropped away as ParaDice rose into the sky, and all of Somewhere revealed itself to their disbelieving eyes. They thanked Sullo with all their hearts, singing its glories.

But no one answered.

(The Laitache gained a Land of Their Own - ParaDice. Their island paradise is unassailable by other Peoples - but also cuts them off from interacting with anyone! They’re on their own!)

-O-

The End of the First Age! Give your Gods a big hand, folks - they didn’t totally destroy any of the People, though some are doing better than others! For the record, none of the People match up with any of my initial expectations at ALL. Now, onto the good stuff!

GODLY REMNANTS
Even though the Gods are gone, the survivors have left something of themselves behind. What the manage to leave depends on their overall integrity at the end of the Age.
  • 3 HP - Artifact: Powerful and lingering, Artifacts can be used once an Age. Their effects are many and varied - but their power is Godly.
  • 2 HP - Miracle: Powerful, but fragile, Miracles can be used only once. Their power is great, but fails before that of Artifacts.
  • 1 HP - Idol: Meagre remnants of the God's power, affecting their surroundings by radiation. Give off a minor passive effect to their surroundings.
    If your God has survived, indicate which Remnant you got and 3 basic concepts for it (Weapon, Tricky, Explosive, Trap, Scrying, etc.) OR give a suggestion for an effect you want!
NEW GODS
Even though the First Age of Gods is done, don't roll up new Gods just yet! We've got a mini-CYOA to do, starring a member of one of our People. When you DO roll Gods, a few things to note!
  • If you were a God this Age, you cannot try to get in next Age. The Age following that, you have a -10 penalty to your roll.
  • Keep in mind that Wisp counts are cumulative over Ages - if you don't get in this Age, just keep adding to it!
CYOA update to follow!

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

First Age Timelapse gif:

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

I would argue that there is only one Best God(dess), but perhaps I am biased :radcat:

At any rate, thanks to all those wisps that wisped me in the first round (thus preventing the loss of a hit point when I rolled a 3!) and a definite shout-out to Puppies are dicks for always wisping my actions when they got a chance, in addition to the several others who got on the CatteWagon.

I entered this thread on a platform of wisping all the cats, and I am an internet porpoise of my word. :colbert: It's certainly been interesting and fun though, so thanks everybody for doing that thing!

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Godly Remnant

Sullo, God of Weight

1 HP - Idol
3 Concepts: Balance, Community, Defense

(RIP Sullo, you did a flying island, which was all I ever wanted from a God of Weight)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The First Age of The Gods has Passed, and the Gods have moved on. The First Golden Age has Begun.

Without the Gods to guide them, the People are free to explore and expand their knowledge of Somewhere on their own terms. The reaction to the silence of the Gods is mixed - some in peaceful contemplation, some in terror, some in confusion... some in patience. For it is known that the Gods will return...

But not when.

-O-

Alright, time to explore the world you have wrought! First, we need to pick a Hero! Several Peoples have Heroes already, but a Hero can be anyone in the right place and the right time. The CYOA will be no longer than 4 updates - want to keep the game going! Below are fifteen of the most influential individuals on Somewhere, in one way or another. Their adventures may have a significant effect on the world - or they may simply reveal some backstory, depending on your choices.

• A Droplette
    Fast, Master Hydromancer, Touched by a God.
  • B Wheyfarer Rennet
    Explorer, Cheesemaker, Travel in Milk, Touched by Two Gods.
  • C (Nameless)
    Give me a name and a one sentence description. Cannot START as a Master of anything.
  • D King Deesix
    Mad, Damaged, Master Glassworker, Wields a Broken Blade, Touched by a God
  • E Jack
    One of the SevenThreeTwo, Apprentice Glassworker, Depressed, Wields a Glass Dagger
  • F (Nameless)
    Give me a name and a one sentence description. Cannot START as a Master of anything.
  • G Argenta
    Master Silver Singer, Cautious, Loner
  • H Sterling
    Dabbling Silver Singer, Dabbling Hydromancer, Reckless
  • I (Nameless)
  • J Glaze
    LOVES Milk, Bulky, Thoughful
  • K Murano
    Apprentice Glass Carver, Fast, Fragile
  • L (Nameless)
  • M Crema
    Thoughtful, Hard Worker, Strong
  • N Lacte
    Foolish, Friendly, Brave
  • O (Nameless)
Second is their Quest! Regardless of the Hero, you need something to focus on - we'll keep this broad for now (partially because I haven't come up with specific ideas yet!)
  • P Personal Quest
    Something specific to the Hero in question, revealing something about them or granting them special skills.
  • Q Mystery
    A mysterious occurrence puzzles the People, and they send out a Hero to solve it!
  • R Monster Hunt
    A beast threatens the People - and without Gods, the People need a hero!
  • S Slice of Life
    Just a story among the People in question - casual and thoughtful, most likely!
  • T Write In
    One short sentence idea - the vaguer the better!
I'll give this a few days, but if the answer becomes super clear quickly, I'll cut it off sooner. Also, and this is important - anyone can vote during the CYOA portion! You're not in character, the Gods aren't making the decisions for the Hero - the Hero is making their own decisions!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

I like the cut of Sterling's gib.

1. H
2. Q

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
1. D: What's going to be more interesting than the Mad Fallen King? Following that dude is gonna be fascinating!

2. P: The Mad King's personal journey - from glory to madness to despair to..... where? Redemption? Apostasy? Nihilism? Oblivion? is definitely a journey I want to see.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

This is total

B
S

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

1. D: What's going to be more interesting than the Mad Fallen King? Following that dude is gonna be fascinating!

2. P: The Mad King's personal journey - from glory to madness to despair to..... where? Redemption? Apostasy? Nihilism? Oblivion? is definitely a journey I want to see.

This seems the most fun

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yes please

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Illarin, God of Flowing Water

3 HP

The time had come for Illarin to depart the world. There were no long sorrow filled goodbyes to be had, his children had been prepared for this and now had the support of a friendly race to bring them through their ordeals.

As Illarin's body fell to the earth of Somewhere he imparted his final gift to the land, a portion of his essence cast off into the realm.

Illarin has 3HP remaining and so creates an Artifact with the aspects of Knowledge, Transference, and Fountain

CYOA

As tempted as I am to see a slice of life cyoa of Madking Deesix, Sterling calls to me as the culmination of Illarin and Ashar Ado's matchmaking :v:.

1. H
2. P

Aw hell, who am I kidding :v:, Madking Deesix all they way!

1. D
2. P

I'll probably come back and write a better send off for Illarin, but I feel like garbage right now!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Much as I like the Reckless Hydromancer, Sterling (who may or may not have headed into the Danger Zone!), I cannot tell a lie, the tale of Mad King Deesix is compelling in the extreme.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. H
2. P

Maybe that (silver) spoony bard will invent surf rock.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
E, P

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

J, S

Because I know how it's going to end, and it's going to end well!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
B, R.

Let us slay the Cheese Leviathan!

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Who doesn't like a little DP?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

J, S

Because I know how it's going to end, and it's going to end well!

I choose this because J looks like a cat face, and I'm curious about its life.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
DQ

Mmmmm blizzards

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
ER

Jack's on a Monster Hunt for the mad destroyer of his people.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 15, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
D, P Lets see if mad god can redeem himself.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
H, S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

This. The guy needs a break his poo poo got utterly ruined this age compared to everyone else.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 15, 2016

• Locked thread