Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

uh big deal does Frontier have any doors like this?!?

https://twitter.com/Devourlick/status/720789455775395840

At least CIG made one set of functioning doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Remember when $2.50 horse armor was considered a noteworthy example of charging money for overpriced useless videogame bullshit. How quaint is that now?

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

ComfyPants posted:

I snorted soda out of my nose. Well done.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ComfyPants posted:

How does that meet fire code?

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

ComfyPants posted:

:vince: Good pull sir! Have a south-american cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMZGbCh67Q.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

studies have shown that workers perform better when their computers are on desks made of artisinal wood rather than traditional office desks

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Sunswipe posted:

So Ben's got his tattoo done.

I can understand people being nostalic for the Wing Commander games. I think everyone gets nostalic for stuff from their youth regardless of how good it actually was or how well it stands the test of time. But the Wing Commander movie? The thing even fans of the games thought was awful? That's mind-blowing. What I find myself most curious about is how Croberts reacted when first meeting Lesnick. Consider Roberts' position: he got to make his big movie, his big break into real directing, and it flopped. It flopped so badly that he had to settle for pumping money into other people's films until he hosed even that up and got run out of Hollywood. The movie has not become a cult classic, or even been able to find an audience as a "so bad, it's good" film. This thing basically ruined your life. Then you meet this guy who professes to be your biggest fan (in more ways than one) and he's openly wearing a replica prop from your greatest failure. How do you not think "gently caress off, you're taking the piss"?

The weirder thing is that the WC movie is, really, nothing like the games beyond character and alien names. Like, that Pilgrim Cross or whatever he wears... there was nothing like that in the games.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Trundel posted:

:vince: Good pull sir! Have a south-american cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMZGbCh67Q.

Some days you just gotta stand there enjoying a hot shower

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Because it is the people who are doing actual work on the game that get to be in those nice offices.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

runsamok posted:

Please go back to posting cattes, so I can compete. I really want a dog, but I need a house, not a 1200 sq ft condo.

I :swoon: for your cats, they are beautiful. Please post some more of the tabby looking fellow

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/uIsKfkU.gifv

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The_Groove posted:

obviously it's to study the operation of a working door in order to increase fidelity of all doors in their game

They do seem to have a lot of door issues

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I showed my dogge star citizen and she could not give a gently caress

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The logo should jank independently of the door

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

boethius posted:

TWO STARWEEKS

Aren't starweeks like 900 earthweeks?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Dear thread,

The moderation team is currently very concerned with the direction that some of the posts are taking. Doxxing is not something we can condone or allow and there have recently been many very heated posts regarding releasing the personal information of others.

The thread is currently closed until we can sort out an amicable situation.

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

Thank you kindly. Still a little peeved about being probated for finding an old online pic of Alexis, and seeing the upcoming dox fest was adding insult to injury or something like that.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Demiurge4 posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to Daikatana and the penthouse studios.

Romero really lacked vision. When the books are finally opened, and Cloud Imperium's history added to the ledger, Romero will be remembered as a relative peasant.

(He is already thanking his deity of choice for this...)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Toops posted:

YES dude. YES to this burn.

edit: page snipe sea horror:

That is the coolest cat posted by far.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

*Steeples fingers*

It's begun.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Solarin posted:

I :swoon: for your cats, they are beautiful. Please post some more of the tabby looking fellow

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Did derek pwn those cig shills yet or is he still at lunch

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Gejnor posted:

Goddamnit you made me remember Raul Julia is dead :smith:, also made me lol but still!

I use the picture in your avatar as the background to literally everything it is possible for me to, so you are a good poster

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
What if cig has a monthly budget for elephant guy avatar changes?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wafflz posted:

The logo should jank independently of the door

A poorly attempted attempt

http://i.imgur.com/QOpoB9C.gifv

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:golfclap:

Considering we're talking about Star Citizen a poor attempt is more fidelitous.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Wait, FrankieGoes is Sandi? I'm having trouble keeping track. Quick poll: who in this thread does not work for CIG?

Me. I am rather comfortable here as I actually work for a mental health nonprofit. (No. Really. I do.)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Yeah - I think the Space Doors and rustic decorative touches that evoke old world charms through the power of reclaimed elm doors fashioned lovingly into desks and $2500 Aviator Chairs with leather bomber jacket-like seats that turbocharge the Flyboy Swagger of any in LA who sit upon it is really going to boost morale company wide.

It's like that coffee machine-- I honestly think the 300+ member organization effectively hit Turbo Overdrive as soon as that baby brewed its first cup in LA...

Some might remark that the disparities of furnishings and appointments -- particularly with the Austin office now operating out of a reclaimed TCBY shop, could cause the inverse problem. But they know nothing about Game Development...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

Fuzzknot?!

She wouldn't mention Seeing You Next Thursday. She would, however, mention female breeding canines.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

G0RF posted:

Yeah - I think the Space Doors and rustic decorative touches that evoke old world charms through the power of reclaimed elm doors fashioned lovingly into desks and $2500 Aviator Chairs with leather bomber jacket-like seats that turbocharge the Flyboy Swagger of any in LA who sit upon it is really going to boost morale company wide.

It's like that coffee machine-- I honestly think the 300+ member organization effectively hit Turbo Overdrive as soon as that baby brewed its first cup in LA...

Some might remark that the disparities of furnishings and appointments -- particularly with the Austin office now operating out of a reclaimed TCBY shop, could cause the inverse problem. But they know nothing about Game Development...

Only for two more days, then it becomes Libertarian Party Headquarters.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

Wait, FrankieGoes is Sandi? I'm having trouble keeping track. Quick poll: who in this thread does not work for CIG?

Well, since Derek didnt doxx me, i shall be glad to inform you all that I am actually Chris Robert's cousin, James Roberts. I have been leaking all kinds of fun SA stuff to Chris and Sandi and i hope this thread gets closed again.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
This my parent's greyhound (Benny)

The photo was from when I still lived with them. At this particular time my parents where overseas so every day I would remake their bed and he would then ball it up and pretend it was my mum and then lay against it and cry.

They are the sweetest loving dogs. He's the thing I miss the most about back then. I went over to my parents for dinner last week and spent the first 30 minutes there just patting him.

Also he is a big one - 50kg (110lbs for you stimperials).

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Hmmm the guy at CIGs new doors is using a pass - wonder if that pass looks anything like the so called 'fake' CIG pass from the Escapist article..?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Close up of Ben's tattoo makes me want to throw up.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

Something tells me CIG didn't make those doors..

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

this thread took a terrible turn when it became a trend to post pictures of fuckings monsters of the deep sea. no need for that. stick to cats and stop trying to be a rebel

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Samizdata posted:

She wouldn't mention Seeing You Next Thursday. She would, however, mention female breeding canines.

You are really adorable, and seem like a nice dude. Never change, commando

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

beep_boop posted:

Something tells me CIG didn't make those doors..

If they end up dismembering someone, we'll know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ion Storm eventually produced one the best (or at least widely-praised) games of all time, and I have little hope that would ever happen with CIG/F42.

• Locked thread