Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

So there isn't a thread that is 100% devoted to this, but this thread seems to be the best place to post about this.

Has anyone been listening to Michete? For anyone not familiar she/him is a self described "genderqueer transfemme" rapper from Spokane, WA. If you can't handle rapping about gay sex then this isn't for you, but being someone that is ok with it, I find her rapping to be loving fantastic. Yes she is a white person rapping but she has some pretty good rap game and my wife and myself have both been really enjoying listening to her current album and the album that will be released later this month. (Its currently streaming on Soundcloud)

So is anyone else a fan of this or am I fielding an entry that is just too far afield for the average person? (I am thinking it may be the latter)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spoils
Nov 2, 2012

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

So there isn't a thread that is 100% devoted to this, but this thread seems to be the best place to post about this.

Has anyone been listening to Michete? For anyone not familiar she/him is a self described "genderqueer transfemme" rapper from Spokane, WA. If you can't handle rapping about gay sex then this isn't for you, but being someone that is ok with it, I find her rapping to be loving fantastic. Yes she is a white person rapping but she has some pretty good rap game and my wife and myself have both been really enjoying listening to her current album and the album that will be released later this month. (Its currently streaming on Soundcloud)

So is anyone else a fan of this or am I fielding an entry that is just too far afield for the average person? (I am thinking it may be the latter)

I like that fella Michete, thanks for turning me onto him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKcZb5LufE
RIP Phife

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Only genderqueer transfemme rapper we acknowledge is Young Thug

Thugher

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

new rae was tight new action bronson was tight until action bronson stopped rapping and mihcete is terrible and its because of bad bad bad rap and not because im a bigot ok c ya

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

nice troll

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

waited off the last 5 mins of my probation to empty quote that

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

rules

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
While Worth It isn't my jam because I'm not huge into rap love songs, Slime Season 3 continues to delight! I just picked up in the chorus for "Problem," "no abortions, I nut on your momma"

God bless Thugga

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What would a thread 100% dedicated to that even be? Dedicated to what? Genderqueer rappers? Why did you post the the way you did?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lets take this time to appreciate the worlds first gay rapper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
f5ing the poo poo outta Spark Master Tape's soundcloud page while purging Michete from my YouTube watch history and my long-term memory.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Mods? New thread title?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

new spark (hopefully) and royce today. what a time to be alive.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
fwiw I don't think anyone here would be straight up opposed to talking about queer rap in here but maybe don't approach it from the angle of "do any of you like this or are you simpletons not able to appreciate this advanced genderqueer music"

i mean we've talked about le1f in here with no issues before (well, it's like me and two other people, but still)

also this is the first google result for "Michete" http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/903-why-michete-is-the-worst-queer-rapper-you-need-to-listen-to/ so maybe next time include a link or something

oh also this music is loving terrible

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 15, 2016

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

but being someone that is ok with it, I find her rapping to be loving fantastic. Yes she is a white person rapping but she has some pretty good rap game

lmao

also where's my SOASC

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I listen to every white rapper from spokane

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

This poo poo is trash and you and your wife are idiots for listening to it and you should feel bad.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Skepta album next month (5/6) :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czBPOwSZVys

I'm really mad his NYC date on this tour conflicts with another show I'm going to. But I'm gonna see Dizzee Rascal do all of Boy in the Corner a few days earlier so I guess that's enough grime for the month anyways

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 15, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hahaha this is worse than the Australian rap guy

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I like how this rear end in a top hat hasn't come back into the thread after that poo poo post. I'm pretty sure the post was a troll anyway. :eyeroll:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tremendous Taste posted:

I listen to every white rapper from spokane

It's known as spocompton tyvm

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Rap thread always friendly and welcoming

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Robert Analog posted:

Rap thread always friendly and welcoming

rap thread is actually pretty welcoming if you aren't a thin skinned baby, but it also the easiest thread to rile up on the forums

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Skepta album next month (5/6) :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czBPOwSZVys

I'm really mad his NYC date on this tour conflicts with another show I'm going to. But I'm gonna see Dizzee Rascal do all of Boy in the Corner a few days earlier so I guess that's enough grime for the month anyways

This is sick is as gently caress

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Are we all F5ing for Sunkken City or has it come out somewhere?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I just followed him on Twitter and turned notifications on for if he tweets. Figure that's the easiest and quickest way to get it.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
http://www.thefader.com/2016/04/08/peewee-longway-interview-young-thug-mpa

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Datpiff says 5pm EST
http://www.datpiff.com/Spark-Master-Tape-Silhouette-Of-A-Sunkken-City-mixtape.778437.html

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
why does everyone in spokane gotta pretend to be black

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

quote:

In 2013, Peewee introduced Thug to Gucci. “I’m finna take you over here, all you gotta do is go in there and do you bro," Peewee encouraged the younger rapper. “I took him over to Guwop, and Guwop put the stamp on lil cousin,” he says. “And that’s all he really needed. He finally got that chance to show the world what he can do. He finally got what people in the world ain’t know he had in him.”

Wop!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow Skepta's US Visa was denied. He had a set today at Coachella too.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah just saw his show here was cancelled. gently caress

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Peewee sounds like a solid dude

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

aw man gently caress that, this was his first US tour too I think

i mean when he reschedules his dates i'll probably get to see him though but still that's poo poo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol whoops I didn't read like 3 posts up

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2016

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's up https://soundcloud.com/sparkmastertape/sets/silhouette-of-a-sunkken-city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

abraham linksys posted:

aw man gently caress that, this was his first US tour too I think

i mean when he reschedules his dates i'll probably get to see him though but still that's poo poo

No, last summer:

Sadly probably not the last time artists will have to deal with issues either...