Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If you have it on a hard drive and not a SSD, it takes a few minutes to load up, I noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Before I upgraded my computer it took an absolute age to start up, yeah. It really doesn't seem like a good port.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

remusclaw posted:

The submission thing is odd, because the cpu will never ever submit another cpu, but they do better on me. I on the other hand figured out how the cpu moves the bar in the submission mini game so now I can get a tap out when they are on the yellow bar half the time with no attention paid whatsoever to their limb strength, and 100% of the time on a red bar.

If you have mastered this, can you explain it to me? I've never been able to figure out what kind of "strategy" to use while in the submission game. The movement of the CPU seems totally random, and I have really struggled with it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

If you have it on a hard drive and not a SSD, it takes a few minutes to load up, I noticed.

Find the exe and set it to always run as administrator. That will shave minutes off startup

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

jred250 posted:

If you have mastered this, can you explain it to me? I've never been able to figure out what kind of "strategy" to use while in the submission game. The movement of the CPU seems totally random, and I have really struggled with it.

Basically what I do is swing back and forth, not chasing them but catching them on the other side. As soon as they start running their bar away I go opposite and catch them trying to sit on their bar as long as possible before doing it again. If you have stamina you can chase them and get them that way as well, but that is best done when you are really close to getting a tap. Also don't roll the analog stick, just point in the direction you want your bar to go, it will get there itself.

I am uploading a video that shows me doing it in an Iron Man match that also doubles as a strange glitch video due to some unexpected occurrences during the match. I get a few submissions in it, but I struggle a little more than usual, which happens some times. Also I get pinned twice off of one finish, once with my foot on the ropes for a full three count with no kick out prompt. The match also ends prematurely for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcKxS2Z82E4

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/2...61&sf45672790=1

Greatest patch note of all time.

quote:

Stockton Slap – 209 move added.

Also they fixed the thing where cheap fuckers could basically stall the match in the thai clinch by spamming punches.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 12, 2016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Okay this is kinda a dump of a post, but im new to wrestling and therefore wrestling games. I basically started watching Xavier Woods youtube channel, and vicariously started watching Raw. I finally just ended up getting a WWE Network sub, and after Wrestlemania im a fan.

There are two WWE games on steam, and I just want to know, which one am i looking for as far as quality and content goes, and what features can i expect? Im looking to drop down on two copies for me and a friend, and just want to make sure i dont end up with a crappy game. Also which one will let me put the presidential hopefuls in the ring so i can have virutal Sanders make Trump "Feel the Bern".

TLDR: Should i be buying 2k15 or 2k16?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

2K16 is a better game in all respects. It however does have a problem right now on the PC in that there are save corruption issues that seem to be tied to downloading characters and stuff. Hopefully these will be be patched, but otherwise, of the two newest games, get 2k16. It has a better roster, better game play, better creation tools, 2k15 feels very incomplete.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

remusclaw posted:

2K16 is a better game in all respects. It however does have a problem right now on the PC in that there are save corruption issues that seem to be tied to downloading characters and stuff. Hopefully these will be be patched, but otherwise, of the two newest games, get 2k16. It has a better roster, better game play, better creation tools, 2k15 feels very incomplete.

Ouch, well hopefully that will be patched. Thanks though.

I do have a question about the character creation. The only videos ive seen on it are an Achievement Hunter video and Monster Factory, and in both of those videos they made utter monstrosities. Thats fun and all but how good is the character creator at violating copyright law / creating real people? And can you make female characters? I need to know if i can throw Janet Reno in a cage match with Sarah Palin, or have a street fight between Al Franken an Ted Cruz.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Talkc posted:

Ouch, well hopefully that will be patched. Thanks though.

I do have a question about the character creation. The only videos ive seen on it are an Achievement Hunter video and Monster Factory, and in both of those videos they made utter monstrosities. Thats fun and all but how good is the character creator at violating copyright law / creating real people? And can you make female characters? I need to know if i can throw Janet Reno in a cage match with Sarah Palin, or have a street fight between Al Franken an Ted Cruz.

Copyright law is flagrantly violated and barely curated; you can make women in 2k16 but not 2k15.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

CarlCX posted:

Copyright law is flagrantly violated and barely curated; you can make women in 2k16 but not 2k15.

Alrighty, well sold. Looking forward to playing 2k16 tomorrow! Cant wait!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

decided to start a new career on UFC 2 while dogsitting.
It's pretty annoying the second time around how your character's basically start with Donald Cerrone livers, one body shot and you're done.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dealing with EA support is hilarious. They have this super fake-friendly script they have to follow, it cracks me up every time.

I've chatted with them twice now, trying to get back my precious Cro Cop Kick Ultimate Team card. The first time the woman I talked to walked me through it all the way to the end, and then was like "woops gotta restart my tool, please check back again another time". Then she closed my case, marking it as complete.

So fine, I check back again a few days later. The guy I talk to again gets all the way to the end of the process and says "I have to be honest, I'm having the same issue with my tool as the last person you talked to. I'm going to escalate this to the next level, you should get an email confirmation. Thanks!"

No email so far, but I'm not going to let these fuckers win.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Dealing with EA support is hilarious. They have this super fake-friendly script they have to follow, it cracks me up every time.

I've chatted with them twice now, trying to get back my precious Cro Cop Kick Ultimate Team card. The first time the woman I talked to walked me through it all the way to the end, and then was like "woops gotta restart my tool, please check back again another time". Then she closed my case, marking it as complete.

So fine, I check back again a few days later. The guy I talk to again gets all the way to the end of the process and says "I have to be honest, I'm having the same issue with my tool as the last person you talked to. I'm going to escalate this to the next level, you should get an email confirmation. Thanks!"

No email so far, but I'm not going to let these fuckers win.

Back when the PS4 launched, Fifa 14 wouldn't even work for me. Crashes to "desktop" every time a game finished. I chased them for 2 months and they promised me that it would get patched and I'd be emailed when it was.

Naturally, it never was patched, I never heard back but I did get it fixed thanks to a user. Though naturally any desire to actually play the game was dead by then (and I heard eventually the same bug made it to at least fifa 15)

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
This change to blocking in ufc 2 has completely hosed my game all up Jesus christ.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah, the way parrying works now has sent me on a couple of losing streaks. For now I try to stick with just regular blocking since I can't reliably make the new system work.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I honestly didn't think there was much wrong with the block/parry system as is so I'm not sure why they changed it.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
It also seems that you can be stunlocked with fast bodyhooks. Got rekd few times. Basically they start beating the poo poo out of your ribs and you cant block or move away fast enough without your bodydamage taking huge hit.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TheCool69 posted:

It also seems that you can be stunlocked with fast bodyhooks. Got rekd few times. Basically they start beating the poo poo out of your ribs and you cant block or move away fast enough without your bodydamage taking huge hit.

That's happened to me a few times. It feels like some dudes in UT can throw really fast punches and barely get tired. My D isn't good enough to block a flurry of 20 punches that vary high and low

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

I honestly didn't think there was much wrong with the block/parry system as is so I'm not sure why they changed it.

I don't know what got them to change it, but I'm guessing they figured that blocking was a bit too effective, which I'd agree with. It's easy enough to get dropped by a random strike, but if you just backed away while blocking, parrying and denying the transition to clinch, it was incredibly easy to survive being rocked. With parrying now being more difficult, people in the rocked state will probably mistime it and get KO'ed more often that way, or rely so much on the regular block that the barrage of punches will eventually get through.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skjorte posted:

I don't know what got them to change it, but I'm guessing they figured that blocking was a bit too effective, which I'd agree with. It's easy enough to get dropped by a random strike, but if you just backed away while blocking, parrying and denying the transition to clinch, it was incredibly easy to survive being rocked. With parrying now being more difficult, people in the rocked state will probably mistime it and get KO'ed more often that way, or rely so much on the regular block that the barrage of punches will eventually get through.

I haven't fired it up since the patch, but would I be right in saying they did jack and poo poo to teach the new system? Much like with how to combo effectively or defend clinch transitions and takedowns? Game itself is really good, but tutorials/training are dogshit.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm still disappointed we lost a whole bunch of features with WWE '15, and who knows how long it'll take to get most/all of them back? WWE '13-'14 was the first time I felt I was playing the best available wrestling game since the days of Here Comes the Pain. I'm still designing new characters in WWE '14 and am off-and-on working on a storyline, but it sucks having to keep it all to myself.

I know it's silly/spergy, but does anybody else build whole rosters of original characters? I have one guy ("Mercury" Marcus Cortez) who's been in every wrestling game I've owned since WWF Warzone. :unsmith:

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

I know it's silly/spergy, but does anybody else build whole rosters of original characters? I have one guy ("Mercury" Marcus Cortez) who's been in every wrestling game I've owned since WWF Warzone. :unsmith:

I do. I'm not using them for 2k16, because the creation options still aren't there for me, and no custom theme music...but there's a lot of guys who have been regulars for my wrestling video games since Warzone. And thanks to the expansion to 100 CAW slots, I've got room for new ideas. My latest favorites being Machine Gun Carnegie and Babyface Vanderbilt, together known as the Robber Barons.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My most recent roster includes:

rotund little jobber with lots of rolling maneuvers, named "Pillbug" :kiddo:
ginger bodybuilder with terrible sunburn
Inuit rapper
Big Fat Fuchs (hot dog vendor)
robot managed/piloted by stoner chick so she can fight outside of women's matches
feral '50s housewife
flamboyant karateka based on Andy Warhol (another one from the PS1 days)
Nazi clown whose theme music is the intro to Doink's music followed by "In the Flesh"
depressed nihilist punk whose theme music is a dial tone
female Yokozuna
painfully untalented giant Serbian guy with a Paul Bunyan gimmick

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 14, 2016

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Going to wrestling school and stealing this gimmick.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That is so genius.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

My most recent roster includes:

ginger bodybuilder with terrible sunburn
Inuit rapper
Big Fat Fuchs (hot dog vendor)
robot managed/piloted by stoner chick so she can fight outside of women's matches
feral '50s housewife
flamboyant karateka based on Andy Warhol (another one from the PS1 days)
Nazi clown whose theme music is the intro to Doink's music followed by "In the Flesh"
female Yokozuna
painfully untalented giant Serbian guy with a Paul Bunyan gimmick

really excited for this year's GOON-1 CLIMAX

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rollersnake posted:

aww

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Finally had some sit down time wiht 2k16 and holy poo poo i have no idea what im doing.

Also is there a way to force symmetry on the face settings for a custom superstar? Cause as detailed as the face stuff is, its really hard to make it look even.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Talkc posted:

Finally had some sit down time wiht 2k16 and holy poo poo i have no idea what im doing.

Also is there a way to force symmetry on the face settings for a custom superstar? Cause as detailed as the face stuff is, its really hard to make it look even.

This is one of my biggest criticisms, it's really easy to make freak faces (which I love) but it's fairly hard to make a normal-looking face from scratch.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
WWE2K16 is currently 50% off on steam for the next 47 hours.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Thanks. Now I'm a big idiot who owns WWE 2K16 and has to download it.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Two Beans posted:

Literally the day after i bought it. God damnit.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Flying submissions from clinch are amazing, at least if the one I've got is anything to go by. You start with half of the gates needed to complete the sub already completed, so it's much easier to get someone to tap out. Just won 5 matches in a row from it using my submission focused righter (well, 5 matches in a row except the one where the 100% loading screen never went away and I got beaten by an opponent I couldn't see).

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Talkc posted:

Literally the day after i bought it. God damnit.

If you played less than two hours, you can refund it and then buy it again at a discount

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Senerio posted:

If you played less than two hours, you can refund it and then buy it again at a discount

It's worth trying even if the game has been played for more than two hours. Steam is pretty good about this sort of thing.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"Feral 50s Housewife" is also a good gimmick.

Maybe I need to spend less time downloading The Killer Bees and The Young Stallions and more time making up stupid people to fight.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Went to check the steam sale and thought "How is 34.97USD 50% of 49.99?"

Then I realised, 2K remembered to add their colony tax before putting it on sale. 69.99USD BEFORE conversion, $90.63 for a game with half the features of wrestling titles two generations ago.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I just can't win in UFC 2. No matter what I do I feel like I tag people tons of times strong, and then they sneak a lucky punch which stuns me. Also I can't force anyone to submit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Are you managing your stamina? If you get tagged after uncorking a combination that puts you at low stamina, that one shot becomes way more dangerous. If you're playing regular ranked fights, some fighters also have perks that make them more likely to wobble, rock, or knock people down/out. If you feel like you're always getting caught despite outlanding your opponents, you might just be chasing the knockout too much. Don't be afraid to back away and have them chase you for a while. Also clinch up with your opponents/take them down sometimes if you feel like they have a significant power advantage.