Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kaizoku posted:

I'm the Windows spokesperson's touchscreen-less mac.

Your owner is pretty jealous you should work on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kwatz posted:

"We're a nano business." What does that even mean?

The deal with bugs, which are small.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why does Progressive keep showing so many god damned commercials with that stupid loving smug douche box? Who is asking for this? I could understand the Geico cavemen because their commercials were kind of funny sometimes, but who is it out there that's saying "God I just can't get enough of that loving anthropomorphized Progressive box"? I feel like I have to mute the TV almost every commercial break when I have morning / afternoon TV on in the background to avoid hearing that little poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris Parnell has some kind of deal with the devil that requires he appear on TV a certain number of hours per day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Chris Parnell has some kind of deal with the devil that requires he appear on TV a certain number of hours per day.

He also does radio commercials for, I think, Chipotle. With their kniiiiiives and spiiiiiiices.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TMMadman posted:

He also does radio commercials for, I think, Chipotle. With their kniiiiiives and spiiiiiiices.

Which is funny because he also does TV commercials for a rival burrito chain, Pancheros.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

raditts posted:

Why does Progressive keep showing so many god damned commercials with that stupid loving smug douche box? Who is asking for this? I could understand the Geico cavemen because their commercials were kind of funny sometimes, but who is it out there that's saying "God I just can't get enough of that loving anthropomorphized Progressive box"? I feel like I have to mute the TV almost every commercial break when I have morning / afternoon TV on in the background to avoid hearing that little poo poo.

Go paperless,
Don't stress girl,
I got the discounts that you need.

I hate that box, but I hate Flo even more to the point that the box doesn't register on my annoyance scale.

Besides, they're immune to criticism because #CrittiesGonnaNeg :colbert:

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 4, 2016

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

MrSlam posted:

I hate that box, but I hate Flo even more to the point that the box doesn't register on my annoyance scale.

I hate those ads where they make it so she can't speak but you can still hear her thoughts. It feels like someone in marketing got really pissed off that people didn't like Flo and made those commercials as a way of "owning" them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I stand with Flo! :patriot:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think Progressive knows everyone hates the box which is why there are a bunch of ones where he's pissing off people within the commercial. However like SNL sketches involving characters annoying other people it also is irritating to the audience so I wish they'd stop.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

MrSlam posted:

Besides, they're immune to criticism because #CrittiesGonnaNeg :colbert:

I was kinda proud that I didn't know what the hell he was saying at the end of that commercial.

Thanks for ruining my day.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

SpacePig posted:

Like, the remote I use doesn't make the service any better. The two aren't related!

RF remotes/devices smoke the absolute poo poo out of IR remotes. The response time is incredible.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Doctor Butts posted:

RF remotes/devices smoke the absolute poo poo out of IR remotes. The response time is incredible.

Sure, but it doesn't make the cable itself any better.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Doctor Butts posted:

Yeah, but I can't use my phone as a remote.

I'm constantly losing my remote and it doesn't have a ringer. It's funny how I got this option now but almost as soon as I get it I have to get a cable box that's RF and I'm back to square one.

I don't know if people have mentioned the Mcdonald's Yoga-themed spot, but I think it's really bizarre. 30 something woman grouses about her life, and then the instructor comes up and talks about Mcdonald's for some reason. It's like they just gave up on coherent commercials and just try to insert their brand into a situation their chosen demographic experiences. This happens to you? Cool, whatever, breakfast bowls.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

Sure, but it doesn't make the cable itself any better.

Eh.

There's a ton of QOL poo poo on the X1 box that makes it good.

Voice search, storing the last 10 or so channels for quick recall, a lot of plug in functionality for stuff like scoreboard or stat watching stuff in sports, and a pretty seamless integration of VOD, live TV, and DVR.

And the remote definitely makes it better since you press one button and two seconds later are watching watching what you want or are browsing a database query for what you want.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I am surprised Chitpolte went with such a smug ad campaign after their food gave people diareaaaaaaaaaaaah and had to close their stoooooooooooores nation wide.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

skooma512 posted:

Yeah, but I can't use my phone as a remote.

I'm constantly losing my remote and it doesn't have a ringer. It's funny how I got this option now but almost as soon as I get it I have to get a cable box that's RF and I'm back to square one.

HDHomerun + cablecard + any Android TV device = cable box you don't have to rent from the cable company, with an option to use your phone as a remote and the bonus of not having to use the cable co's dogshit software.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Pepsi,

Please retired the stupid dancing commercial. Thanks.

TMM

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't understand why Subway is currently airing a Thanksgiving themed commercial in April.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I didn't go through all 300+ pages but I'm going to add in every Sonic commercial ever. They've had the same format of two mopey loving losers delivering not jokes about sandwiches or shakes for over a decade.

Not a single one has elicited a chuckle out of me. Find a new loving campaign. God drat.

Edit: just saw page 310 where someone mentions Sonic.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 15, 2016

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Do Spotify ads count? I had to look up a product today because I would have sworn the tag line was "it's like group therapy for deaf teens!" Which is... Weirdly specific, but okay.

Turns out it's "Dev Teams", because something aimed at management for software companies is something that'll benefit from a non-targeted ad campaign.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Beastie posted:

I didn't go through all 300+ pages but I'm going to add in every Sonic commercial ever. They've had the same format of two mopey loving losers delivering not jokes about sandwiches or shakes for over a decade.

Not a single one has elicited a chuckle out of me. Find a new loving campaign. God drat.

Edit: just saw page 310 where someone mentions Sonic.

Last time this got brought up someone pointed out the cool Sega Outrun Sonic commercial but yeah otherwise yeah those guys are terrible and I hate them. It's double annoying since they aren't even in my area so they are just loving with me by paying money to show me two people that piss me off.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like and at worst don't mind the sonic commercials. They're mostly goofy and dumb, but sometimes they're dumb enough to be funny. :shrug:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

TMMadman posted:

Dear Pepsi,

Please retired the stupid dancing commercial. Thanks.

TMM

My heart always go out to people who are at the point where being sponsored by Pepsi seems like a good idea. I know she's probably making millions from it, but it's sort of upsetting to see Janelle Monáe herself in a Pepsi commercial, rather than just her songs.

muscles like this? posted:

I don't understand why Subway is currently airing a Thanksgiving themed commercial in April.

Because people being falsely offended by things is "funny", and they're otherwise out of non-extant people to make that joke.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SpacePig posted:

My heart always go out to people who are at the point where being sponsored by Pepsi seems like a good idea. I know she's probably making millions from it, but it's sort of upsetting to see Janelle Monáe herself in a Pepsi commercial, rather than just her songs.

And it's not even her songs, it's that lovely garbage rear end '90s jingle that Pepsi is trying to bring back for God knows what reason.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

raditts posted:

And it's not even her songs, it's that lovely garbage rear end '90s jingle that Pepsi is trying to bring back for God knows what reason.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. What's worse is that, while I definitely still recognize the tune, I've never been able to hear it and immediately associate it with Pepsi. It's an entirely bad jingle.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

While not a tv ad who here hates:

1-877-KARS-4-KIDS

In a way the dawn of streaming services has changed how I view ads. Now I get to watch the same 8 commercials rotated in and out. It's only 1-3 at a time and is a way shorter commercial break than standard tv. Except my girlfriend shared our account with one of her friends and she watches a ton of shows for 20yr old women (Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Jane the Virgin) so most the ads I see on my episodes of Metalacolypse are for birth control :psyduck:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I listen to Spotify a lot at work and in one day, for a span of about 6 hours, I think the ONLY commercial they played was one for Lasik Plus. It's not even really a bad ad (though it does the thing where it's a 30-second spot so they just repeat the phone number and price a bunch of times), though it does make a big deal about "starting at $250" and the little graphic says, in small print, "per eye". Some people do just have the one bad eye but it's still a little tricky. It's just, I can't even count how often I heard that.

(Though Spotify's own in-house spots are way worse for the way they randomly throw sound effects and not-quite-recognizable music tracks together.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Stanley Cup Playoffs have begun, and for some reason NBC can only air about six ads:

--Some of those really annoying Discover ads ("Frog Protection" is the worst)
--The hockey-specific GEICO ad with a really annoying song
--Other really bad GEICO ads, although I will admit the one about an alligator trying to pick up the check is funny but will get old on me very soon
--The only good one, the Honda Civic ad with the Empire Of The Sun song

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I am incredibly loving sick of those constipation relief ads. :argh:

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
One I mute every time starts like this:

<50 packs a day for 1000 years>

I'm Terri, I used to be a smoker...

</50 packs a day for 1000 years>

I can handle the one with Brian, the former soldier and the lady with the oxygen tube, but Terri is just too much.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

rockinricky posted:

One I mute every time starts like this:

<50 packs a day for 1000 years>

I'm Terri, I used to be a smoker...

</50 packs a day for 1000 years>

I can handle the one with Brian, the former soldier and the lady with the oxygen tube, but Terri is just too much.

The newest ones that are annoying me lately are the:
"There's over a dozen kinds of cancer that's caused by smoking...like colon cancer
[shows video of colon surgery]
or stomach cancer
[shows video of gram-gram pouring her nutri-slop into a feeding tube]"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UubaAcmCY28

Why is that insane lady selling pretzels?

And that is the worst wig I've ever seen.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

DrBouvenstein posted:

The newest ones that are annoying me lately are the:
"There's over a dozen kinds of cancer that's caused by smoking...like colon cancer
[shows video of colon surgery]
or stomach cancer
[shows video of gram-gram pouring her nutri-slop into a feeding tube]"

I'm ok with these commercials since they're intended to stop people buying poo poo instead of making them buy poo poo. :razz:

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Cage posted:

I like and at worst don't mind the sonic commercials. They're mostly goofy and dumb, but sometimes they're dumb enough to be funny. :shrug:

I'm an idiot because I'm on the same page. The one where the one dude yells at the other car if they want to hang out makes me laugh every time.

That new commercial for some sorta phone (forget which) that has everyone Jason Statham freaks me out

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mister Kingdom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UubaAcmCY28

Why is that insane lady selling pretzels?

And that is the worst wig I've ever seen.

This commercial reminds me of that Cadillac ad with Actual Supervillain Neal McDonough.

As it turns out "gently caress you eat our pretzels" is not a message that endears me to your product.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
http://i.imgur.com/JK9EH8m.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/xBivrmQ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/b3Fptjj.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/HC9TU26.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/FDoQjA9.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/eCdakMi.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/lDLq9pz.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/aA0exKJ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/CQXVIWX.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/6Wmb8qp.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/bRToZqc.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/CE60rMb.gifv

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

THERES GOTTA BE A BETTER WAY

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gonz owns :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

*announcer voice*

Do you not know how to pick up a plate? We can help!