Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Danny Brown was denied in Canada a couple of times.

The Spark Master tracks go quick but are lush as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

New LIl Uzi Vert http://m.audiomack.com/album/dj-day-day/lil-uzi-vert-vs-the-world

It's too beautiful of a day out to listen to spark master tape. Outdoor drug weather not in door

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

The Spark Master tracks go quick but are lush as hell.

I listened through most of She Started Talkin before I realized the sample was someone getting facefucked. <3 Paper Platoon

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

New LIl Uzi Vert http://m.audiomack.com/album/dj-day-day/lil-uzi-vert-vs-the-world

It's too beautiful of a day out to listen to spark master tape. Outdoor drug weather not in door

postrap is wearing me down as a genre i blame travis scott for opening the door for these kids

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
2 years of wait with fear of never hearing new Spark Master Tape, well worth it for Silhouette of a Sunkken City.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
It's a pure work of art.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
So kkaptain baseball bat boi and picture on my coffin and that Christmas one were just stand alone tracks? I was hoping to see the first two on here.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Robert Analog posted:

So kkaptain baseball bat boi and picture on my coffin and that Christmas one were just stand alone tracks? I was hoping to see the first two on here.

I'd guess that he pulled a Yeezy and this is another iteration of Silhouette of a Sunkken City. I'm not complaining thought. Propeica, Kkaptain Baseball Bat, GASINMYLUNG, Picture on my Coffin were all great but completely new songs takes the cake.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I agree except kkaptain baseball boi. Probably just throw that on the album because fuckit, I want to hear it more.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

loving AOTY

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Robawesome posted:

loving AOTY

Thank you lil Uzi vert!!!

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Yeah it's really good. Sunkken city I mean.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, A$AP brought out Kanye at Coachella

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Apparently the track order for sunkken city on soundcloud is the actual arrangement, datpiff's is out of order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All this new music and I'm stuck on hotel wifi with a 0.1mb connection. Not even joking 😭

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

Southside/Sizzle released a new tape (as a rapper) and it's great as always

http://www.datpiff.com/Sizzle-Hardcore-N-Hi-Tech-mixtape.777465.html

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 16, 2016

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i like spark but he has a terrible habit of building a beat for like a minute and a half and it turns out to be the greatest beat ive ever heard in my life then he raps over it for 10 seconds and the song is over and it makes me want to scream irl

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i like spark but he has a terrible habit of building a beat for like a minute and a half and it turns out to be the greatest beat ive ever heard in my life then he raps over it for 10 seconds and the song is over and it makes me want to scream irl

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

Some of it is also probably the spark master tape idea also being a way for Paper Platoon to advertise their talents at writing/beat-making/producing/visual media to bigger names.

Spark had his own production company previous to this.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is Spark Master Tape some sort of Gorillaz type project?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
He wasn't an established artist before but he had money I think. He owns that poetic front face that does his videos. This is what he looks like-

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Famous Dex makes me hype as gently caress. Goddamn!

http://youtu.be/fnsK7v7m45Q

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 17, 2016

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

He wasn't an established artist before but he had money I think. He owns that poetic front face that does his videos. This is what he looks like-

He actually was an established rapper. Not well known, but his stuff is floating around out there.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I have come back to the rap thread to say how awesome Sunken City is. It's been a long time waiting, that's for sure.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Also my main gal did some internet sleuthing or something, and she claims that he's Jordanian. I'm not sure what exactly she found, but is that true? Just curious.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lmao

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Run The Jewels is next on the Coachella stream: https://www.coachellalive.com

Nas cameo too?

https://twitter.com/kroq/status/721500148803571712

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Run the Jewels just played a song from RTJ3 on livestream

air-
Sep 24, 2007

All these people talking about Nas and no one said anything about Gangsta Boo and DJ Shadow? Fucks sake.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And they brought Boots out for Early too!

This set is fuckin jam packed with guests

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

dethkon posted:

Also my main gal did some internet sleuthing or something, and she claims that he's Jordanian. I'm not sure what exactly she found, but is that true? Just curious.

He is Jordanian. Look up last standing poet that was his previous moniker. Shits not bad tbh.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

So if you knew that then why did you say earlier he wasn't an established rapper?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Vince Staples up now.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
did y'all know Mr. lif just released an album? that's neat

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I didn't know he made music Post Dreads

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~
never thought he'd surpass swoup serengeti. christ is he good or what

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Uhhh Ice Cube just brought out DJ Yella and MC Ren

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
he got lil baby dreds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

air- posted:

Uhhh Ice Cube just brought out DJ Yella and MC Ren

Now he brought out his son lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Snoop now too!