Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Jim Bob's body lies amoldering in his grave, but his Josh goes dugg'ring on

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

im permabanned poster jimbobstomper58. i first started reading the duggar thread when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of duggars and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like jim bob and josh bob in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of catchphrase style of duggar thread humor was all about; i think its the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who get the duggar thread to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I missed a lot of posts what's the latest

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
jim bob

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS EIGHTEEN KIDS AND COUNTING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JOSH BOB. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SISTERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Rath Yatra of Duggar deities taken out

AMMU, Apr 11: A Rath Yatra of deities of Duggars of J&K was taken out on Sunday from Barnai area of city outskirts by Dharm Jagran, J&K.
The Yatra started from holy Sthan of Baba Kaliveer at the residence of one Golu Shah in Barnai area and was inaugurated by Forest Minister, Ch Lal Singh and RSS Sanghchalak for Jammu province, Brigadier Suchet Singh.
Staring from Barnai last morning, the Rath Yatra passed through the many Devsthals and reached the Devsthan of Baba Kailakh Nath at Thathar-Bantalab area, last night, from where it was again taken out today and after passing through Akalpur, Sangrampur and Parwah, it reached this evening at Datrayal.
After night rest, the Yatra will again begin tomorrow morning and after passing through many areas, it will reach at Baisakhi Mela, where it will stay for two days.
The Yatra comprised of raths of various Duggar deities like Baba Kaliveer, Raja Mandleek, Naar Singh, Baba Jitto, Baba Surgal, Mata Mal, Kaali Mata and Baba Sidhgoria.
On the occasion, secretary of Dharm Jagran, J&K, Rakesh Kumar, told media persons that the Yatra is aimed at Dharm Jagran. He said the Yatra will reach every village of Jammu to strengthen the Hinduism.
The aim of the Yatra is to enhance good habits like Gau-Poojan, Mata-Pita Poojan among the Hindu community besides spreading Hinduism in the society, he said, adding they are confident that the Yatra will aware Hindu people and motivate them to respect their deities.

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/rath-yatra-of-duggar-deities-taken-out/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/VouxMagazine/status/718556031521980416

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

PathAsc posted:

When I find myself in times of trouble
That's when Josh Bob comes to me
Please don't do this tonight, let me be
And in my hour of darkness
He is standing right in front of me
Spittle on his chins, let me be
Let me be, let me be
Whispering "eat fresh", he's in me

everybody's got something to hide especially me and my josh bob

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

donkey salami posted:

Are the 800 pound people pedos? I don't think so

Make them lose weight then give them a show tlc

Jared.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

quote:

1) she PROOOOBABLY wasnt able to take such a perfect picture, from the drivers seat, while driving. 2) if you say your child has.never done this, youre lying. 3) they dont need your safety advice, one commenter wrote in Jingers defense.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Captain von Trapp posted:

They rebranded as "TLC" almost 20 years ago. There's been little educational content since then, though they did have quasi-educational shows like Junkyard Wars for a while. The current freakshow focus started in the mid-2000s with Jon and Kate Plus 8. Unfortunately channel rot killed a lot of good networks from the 90s and 2000s, and TLC is one of the most depressing.

I was watching a show about the execution of the Romanovs on Youtube yesterday. It was from that History's Mysteries they used to make on the History Channel. It made me sad that History Channel used to make shows about actual historical stuff. Just black and white pictures and someone talking over them.

They also used to have a series on TLC called Great Books whereas they summarize a book, as well as the author themselves and the themes and the impact the book had.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What happened?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Jam Band

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

kith_groupie posted:

I was watching a show about the execution of the Romanovs on Youtube yesterday. It was from that History's Mysteries they used to make on the History Channel. It made me sad that History Channel used to make shows about actual historical stuff. Just black and white pictures and someone talking over them.

They also used to have a series on TLC called Great Books whereas they summarize a book, as well as the author themselves and the themes and the impact the book had.

Listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. It's p good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mad Hamish posted:

I've been seeing too many commercials for that new Duggar show on TLC. All I want to do is watch the land-whales on My 600 lb Life blame their obesity on their parents, struggle to lose the weight, and finally manage to do so. Is that too much to ask?

I finally got up the nerve to watch 600 lb life and the dude went from 1,000lbs to 400lbs and everyone was like "yay success" but you knew the gigantic mom was gonna start shoving pizza down his throat every two hours again as soon as they got home.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

im permabanned poster jimbobstomper58. i first started reading the duggar thread when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of duggars and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like jim bob and josh bob in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of catchphrase style of duggar thread humor was all about; i think its the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who get the duggar thread to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

by jim bob thats me

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Reverse Centaur posted:

I finally got up the nerve to watch 600 lb life and the dude went from 1,000lbs to 400lbs and everyone was like "yay success" but you knew the gigantic mom was gonna start shoving pizza down his throat every two hours again as soon as they got home.

:sad:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Here, someone posted this on one of the Duggar snark boards I go to. I thought you Jim Bob people would like it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Isn't lighting candles for someone a Catholic tradition? Their prayers for Jim Bob are going straight to the devil's ears. The poor, misled papist.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

Isn't lighting candles for someone a Catholic tradition? Their prayers for Jim Bob are going straight to the devil's ears. The poor, misled papist.

Yeah, but I think it's typically at a little shrine set aside in church.

Although I live in a Latino neighborhood and the grocery store has a shelf filled with candles in glass jars with different saints on the side.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Bonapartisan posted:

Here, someone posted this on one of the Duggar snark boards I go to. I thought you Jim Bob people would like it.

If you pan down there's a flesh light held in place by the bureau drawers.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Yeah, but I think it's typically at a little shrine set aside in church.

Although I live in a Latino neighborhood and the grocery store has a shelf filled with candles in glass jars with different saints on the side.

I've known some Mexican and Filipino Catholics that would make little shrines like that in their house for family members. Don't know if it's very common, but they do have the little candles for sale a lot of places yeah, so somebody must be using them.

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

If you pan down there's a flesh light held in place by the bureau drawers.

100% probable.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 15, 2016

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao who even gives a gently caress

besides that's hardly the worst danger a duggar child has been in

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Code Jockey posted:

lmao who even gives a gently caress

besides that's hardly the worst danger a duggar child has been in

Also if something does happen it isn't like they don't have a spare. Same gender/age range too!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
I met a beautiful woman at the airport bar. Things were going so well. We went back to her hotel room for a few more drinks, but I think she slipped something in mine because I don't remember anything after she slipped off her dress.

I came to in the bathtub, which had been packed full of ice. There was a clumsy stitch down my right hip. On the mirror, written in her lipstick, were the words that would change my life:

"JIM BOB"

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
So, which of TLC's shows will be the next to be torpedoed by a child sex abuse scandal? I was thinking of "Toddlers and Tiaras", but it turns out that was canceled three years ago.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I've watched a number of those shows, and on at least a couple occasions the narrator suggested that these people were fortunate to have a solid support network - utterly ignoring the fact that their relatives were functioning as enablers more than anything.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

So, I gave Deep Art a shot:

J*M B*B

Here's the two sources: (lovely artwork is mine from early 2000s)

E:I have one for Josh cooking using a much more recent and higher quality piece as the "style" pic. Maybe that one won't turn out so horribly.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 16, 2016

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Jack Gladney posted:

I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JOSH BOB

Reported for touching underage girls to a police officer your dad is friends with who will put you back on the straight and narrow, I mean he's a kiddy fiddler too so I'm sure this is going to work out for the best

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Cockmaster posted:

I've watched a number of those shows, and on at least a couple occasions the narrator suggested that these people were fortunate to have a solid support network - utterly ignoring the fact that their relatives were functioning as enablers more than anything.

Why would they want anything less? No one is going to watch my 150lb life.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

I met a beautiful woman at the airport bar. Things were going so well. We went back to her hotel room for a few more drinks, but I think she slipped something in mine because I don't remember anything after she slipped off her dress.

I came to in the bathtub, which had been packed full of ice. There was a clumsy stitch down my right hip. On the mirror, written in her lipstick, were the words that would change my life:

"JIM BOB"

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

:golfclap:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Goldposting

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

babby's first photoshop, just needed an excuse to post it again :unsmith:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Behold, J*sh B*b, Son of G*d, in all His Glory!

From this

and this

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
bump because this is still the funniest thing SA has produced since ebaumsworld.com

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Drad_Bert posted:

bump because this is still the funniest thing SA has produced since ebaumsworld.com

Did you miss out on Doobie's and Archeage? Jim Bob from marketing.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This thread gave me the 16-bit Jim Bob that I asked for, so it was pretty sweet

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

When a Josh-Bob loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world
To destroy the thing he's found
Well she's bad, he can see it