Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Goobs posted:

so they changed the twitch channel so that you have to pay them money to talk in chat? man how hard off are they
It's a standard feature for partnered (ie. they have a subscription system) Twitch channels. It's mostly used for silencing the barbaric hordes for short periods, rather than as a default. It's certainly not a CIG invention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Nobody said Bengate yet.

Those 20k quotes are more horrible than the personal diary of Hillary Clinton and Donald trump combine

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

:bravo:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

:laffo:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

EminusSleepus posted:

Those 20k quotes are more horrible than the personal diary of Hillary Clinton and Donald trump combine

Worse then Hillary? Lets not get hasty.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Ben-Khazi.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Io_ posted:

They don't want to hear the book of loaf.

heretics

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Worse then Hillary? Lets not get hasty.

*turns on air conditioner over RtV so no-one can hear what's being said*

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

:five:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Oops :)

https://twitter.com/Solar_Plebeian/status/721385474066092032

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
So I decided to take the beneficent RSI up on their offer of enjoying a free, immersive space experience for a week...

You really don't get a feeling for just how terribly this game plays from the videos, there is massive input lag on everything, you have to hold a trigger to roll in flight (what in the gently caress) and god help you if you accidentally tap the exit seat button while trying to do something else. Those animations are so immersive and exciting to watch over and over and over and over. I do admire the consistency of poo poo design though, the squeezing-around-poo poo animation to get into the seat of the Aurora really makes it look like it was designed by a bunch of idiots with no thought given to actual function. Continuing that thought, why is every ship covered in useless fins and other garbage?

This is old news to much of the thread obviously but good god this is what 4 years (3 years/2 years/2 weeks) of development looks like?

...and then I come back to Lesnick being proven an awful sack of crap, really the perfect topping to the poo poo sundae.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

spacetoaster posted:

Bro, just click the ? on my post and read backwards a page or two of my posts.

They're already defending Ben on Reddit.

Cymelion deleted that post after reading this:

And hasn't posted in the thread since.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

The Kins posted:

It's a standard feature for partnered (ie. they have a subscription system) Twitch channels. It's mostly used for silencing the barbaric hordes for short periods, rather than as a default. It's certainly not a CIG invention.

yes, but its weird for a company's community interface stream/chat channel to have a $5/mo option

and then for them to use sub only chat which is pretty lovely even for a streamer

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
It's just so hard to take in ... I mean, we've had situations where somebody could make one poisonous comment, and then it goes viral, and then it gets chased around twitter, news, forums, and so on. And you can grasp that.

This is an indexed collection of truly awful comments - literally thousands of them. I can't think of a parallel.

Perhaps if Clinton had literally screwed Lewinski on the newsroom desk during a broadcast, pausing briefly on the way out to wash his balls in the presenter's glass of water, and as he walks away you can see a swastika tattooed on his left buttock. Perhaps that approaches level of public image mishap we're talking here.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Nobody said Bengate yet.

Ha. You think ben would fit through a gate.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
To be fair, a lot of those quotes seem like they're probably much worse out of context.

And at one point, around this point, SA was very much about "be as offensive as possible because INTERNET, its funny! dont have thin skin!" immature poo poo

Otoh, these seem like the jokes of someone I don't want to hang out with. Who is a creep.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is loving magnificent. I've come around.

'He gazed up at the enormous thread. Three thousand and three hundred pages it had taken... He had won the victory over himself. He loved Star Citizen.'

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Schindler could be like looking out the window at all the people in the camp, and the only one in color could be a talking pig... then he could shoot it, and the people in the camp could eat it... thus showing that he's not really a bad person... #6,314

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FiestaNinja posted:

So I decided to take the beneficent RSI up on their offer of enjoying a free, immersive space experience for a week...

You really don't get a feeling for just how terribly this game plays from the videos, there is massive input lag on everything, you have to hold a trigger to roll in flight (what in the gently caress) and god help you if you accidentally tap the exit seat button while trying to do something else. Those animations are so immersive and exciting to watch over and over and over and over. I do admire the consistency of poo poo design though, the squeezing-around-poo poo animation to get into the seat of the Aurora really makes it look like it was designed by a bunch of idiots with no thought given to actual function. Continuing that thought, why is every ship covered in useless fins and other garbage?

This is old news to much of the thread obviously but good god this is what 4 years (3 years/2 years/2 weeks) of development looks like?

...and then I come back to Lesnick being proven an awful sack of crap, really the perfect topping to the poo poo sundae.

I can't be bothered to check...have they actually spent a few hours to fix the tutorial yet?

You know, "Hey, here's our game, spend 10 minutes to get a feel of the game first."

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jon Do posted:

To be fair, a lot of those quotes seem like they're probably much worse out of context.

That's the thing though. People aren't compiling a list of poo poo Ben has said over the years. They're pulling them from quotes HE SAVED. They're meant to stand without context.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Sedisp posted:

The Golden Gate.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Dr. Smart's Twitter pointed me to the Book of Loaf, which seems to be some kind of Library of Babel.

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=20142
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=21144
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=18427
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=17925
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=17298
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=16574
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=18789

Is all this old mess and the current mess really what Ben wants?
Does he think this is good for him?

BTW,
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=20650
We do have peanut butter here.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Sedisp posted:

That's the thing though. People aren't compiling a list of poo poo Ben has said over the years. They're pulling them from quotes HE SAVED. They're meant to stand without context.

My understanding is that the list was compiled by his online friends, the chat channel he frequented

and also seems to (fittingly) have been collected solely to mock him, because he was cool with that

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

That beautiful moment where a parody game becomes the salt to rub into Ben's self-inflicted and unattended wound, it's stunning, I can't stop marveling at it

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:catstare: This certainly took a turn.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sedisp posted:

Exactly. And yeah people say dumb things on whastapp or ye olde internet chatroom, but not to the tune of 25,000 lovingly curated quotes from well into your working life.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Are we at page 3300 yet? I want to believe!

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ben's self-inflicted and unattended wound

at first i thought you meant the tat

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sedisp posted:

The gate is unhinged enough to do it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Jon Do posted:

at first i thought you meant the tat

Hahahahahaha

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Jon Do posted:

And at one point, around this point, SA was very much about "be as offensive as possible because INTERNET, its funny! dont have thin skin!" immature poo poo

Otoh, these seem like the jokes of someone I don't want to hang out with. Who is a creep.

yea if it was just one or two things itd be weird but no biggie. But the context of there being thousands and the kerrilee pics and just the entire goddamn website make it a big deal.

If Chris felt even 1% bad about setting him up as fall guy later this year, he doesnt now.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

The gate is unhinged enough to do it.

Not as unhinged as him though

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can't wait to see the chat on RTV friday.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Jon Do posted:

You can get away with being incredibly offensive if there is some kernel of humor or it's drat obvious you're just being offensive for the hell of it. The Lesnick quotes have the humor removed with almost surgical precision so they just sort of hang out as awkward disconnected statements and struggle to even seek refuge in audacity.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid/status/721388216100790272

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lol twitter locked my account. Maybe a redditor reported it. Ah well I will deal with it tomorrow.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man, to those saying they're out of context...

look at in the context of those quotes being posted on a website alongside 1000+ near identical pictures of a news anchor. What other context do you need?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

And here I thought that page 3000 would be the apex of the thread. I can't believe this whole situation continues to top itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

SurfaceDetail posted:

yea if it was just one or two things itd be weird but no biggie. But the context of there being thousands and the kerrilee pics and just the entire goddamn website make it a big deal.

Oh, of course, I agree it's worth loving with him over and could quite easily be bad PR for the company. One would hope.

Again, I have no faith in the regulatory authorities, nor the media, nor the consumers themselves, to give a poo poo about Star Citizen being a sham. Purposefully or not.

So really I am waiting to see if it's actually some sort of crippling blow to their public image. And not hopefully.

• Locked thread