Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/d25dhcm

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"Those damned 5 year olds piss me off so bad... #5,209"
Totally a thing you want the public face of your company on record as saying,

"There are lots of mature 15 year olds... Well, he's *MORE* mature then he used to be. #5,435"
What did you do- no, I don't want to know.

"I also hate jerk rear end little five year olds who sit in back of you and yell out the names of the Pokemon when they appear. #19,176"
I also hate it when children act like children when watching children's movies.

"And technically, she's not *my* three year old... I just kidnapped her. #20,108"
Oh, that wacky :lesnick: and his antics.

"<Trelane> Sometimes I envy the Japanese. Like, I bet their Ramen is much better than the crappy Ramen we have here. Also, the radiation from Nagasaki and Hiroshima will one day result in the creation of Nipponese Supermen
<LOAF> And they get to have sex with thirteen year olds all the time. Instead of once or twice a month. #21,244"
I'm really starting to regret doing a search on the word "year."

"Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21,520"
For fucks sake.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bushiz posted:

Like, the idea that, as a kid, learning about HTML, the internet, etc. you have a cringy website is basically par for the course. You have a website that, lacking a holistic skillset, looks like hot garbage and, lacking content, just stands to catalog the dumb poo poo you say/do with your friends, all that makes sense. The website stays live because you forgot about it and bought a 10 year hosting package 7 years ago because it wasn't that expensive, and it was worth not having to go through the headache of resubscribing every year.

But to have that website resurface when you're an adult, and for you to continue to endorse the weird/creepy poo poo you did and leave it in public for all the view, and tell people to visit it.

25 year old manchild doesn't count as a kid for me, sorry

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff/lj/yourhitler.jpg

Saving this for what again? jokes right?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, this is awesome... There's always more.
I searched for "pretty" to find if there's more stalkerish quotes. I got this.

///

You know what the best part of a guy randomly sniping people is? Stores and stuff are empty! I went to the mall and the movies and to dinner and there was nobody anywhere. #19073

Random sniping is actually pretty great... it's like a big snow day
, except stores stay open. There's like nobody at the mall and stuff. And there's probably less of a risk of dying than if you drive around when it's all icy. #19088

Campus is pretty abandoned today... random snipings continue to keep people at home. #19100

It's too bad he was a sniper... Lee Malvo has the best name ever. Hitler was a pretty good name before it got ruined, too. #19578

///

In defense of dingos, babies are pretty delicious. #19617

Fetuses are probably pretty tasty. #20814

///

I broke my brothers head once. They had to staple it closed. I threw him into a chair. He started screaming and screaming, but my parents wouldn't believe him. Then he took a bath and the water turned all red. So they took him to the hospital. #20821

When I was a kid I told my other brother to jump off the back steps of my house. Which are about a story above ground. And he did it. I'm very pursuasive ;-) #20822

When my grandfather died, we discovered that he kept 12 loaded guns under his mattress. I'm not really sure what he was waiting for, but it would have been neat if it had happened. #20823

:downsbravo:

I was willing to let a lot of stuff slide, write it off to being as inflammatory as possible for entertainment, but this put me over the top.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

I'd love to know what the graph would say now Ben. :allears:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF posted:

If they don't, then they're going to see a lot of people unexpectedly leaving. If this is tolerated out of nepotism, CIG might as well get some bright neon signs fashioned for their LA spaceship mural and rustic furnishings break room that read "Toxic Workplace".

The Dysfunction Junction of CIG LA is odious enough but now it's radioactive. I mean, how does Ben EVER go on RtV again?

I'm sorry -- I have a low opinion of CIG but self-preservation of the Diarchy has always been job 1. They won't circle the wagons for Ben and he'd be wise to save them the awkward conversations and tears. If they do otherwise, then look for departures from Foundry and CIG to accelerate. We've crossed the Rubicon-- options formerly available are foreclosed now, and inaction is a choice that will bring direr consequences than it has previously.

I believe the bolded is 100% correct (although I think in Sandi's instance, her self-preservation will come absolutely before CR's and if her ego hasn't superceded her low animal cunning she'll be out soon) - I think the question for them is if letting Ben go accomplishes that goal better than keeping him around to be The Fall Guy because letting him out now will leave a pretty high chance that he'll tell everyone where the bodies are buried.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Best part of the $15 thing is they are probably losing money going after it in regards to staff costs/overhead.

Desperation. Do they have a paperclip/post-it-note budget going on as well?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'd love to know what the graph would say now Ben. :allears:

8,000 calorie diet club

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lol they nuked this thread already.

Also, some of the people think Ben must be in his 40's and this stuff is from 20 years ago.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im sorry eightace/lando, we know you said that Ben was having a bad time recently but the floodgates are open and cant be stopped.

1) what you are reading is the very tip of the iceberg
2) he made a valiant attempt to brush it off but failed. He double downed and failed again
3) the gaming media especially the online ones will start to dig into this
4) he won't get fired ......
5) it really doesn't matter anymore . And for the record that glass door review is legit

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

burn all jpeg ships into ashes imo.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
:eyepop:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Xaerael posted:

This is one of the best days of this thread ever. And this thread has had some really loving great days.

Given enough time, nature will cure any imbalance.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Reminder, not all Trekkies are pedophiles, but all pedophiles are trekkies.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

Wat.

quote:

5) it really doesn't matter anymore . And for the record that glass door review is legit
Holy crap.

Bolow posted:

Reminder, not all Trekkies are pedophiles, but all pedophiles are trekkies.

Isn't there a quote somewhere of a cop saying something like "Whenever we bust a pedo, they're either into Star Trek or Star Wars"?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Duckaerobics posted:

Also, some of the people think Ben must be in his 40's and this stuff is from 20 years ago.

they're not going to look into it enough to realize how old he was at the time

thats a factoid coming from goons, must be false or blown way out of proportion

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

EightAce posted:

2) he made a valiant attempt to brush it off but failed. He double downed and failed again

This thread is just god drat beyond everything.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

:chanpop:

EightAce posted:

Yeah, I don't think they'll have time to get around to this before the end :v:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EightAce posted:

EightAce we don't deserve you, but thank you anyway.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

EightAce posted:

:stonk: I'd ask what else there could possibly be but I actually...really don't want to know.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Stay safe developer ghost.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

EightAce posted:

:holymoley:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Daztek posted:

He should've had his website on geocities

Geocities disappearing saved many people's reputations in adult life. Including mine.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Last 3 days are like a blackhole of suck for CIG. It seriously is like a never ending stream of stuff that just doesn't stop.

I will never get my car dealership but I don't care anymore.

paaarp

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EightAce posted:

If all this is true, tho, then if the media really does a full broadside on CIG because of this (and I don't see how they could pass up an opportunity like this), then its public-facing reputation will finally be solidified as scum to anyone that has not yet had any experience with it.

If they were willing to fire him, or at least shuffle him out of sight and out of mind, this might be mitigated, but if CR or his lawyer writes another autistic, rage-filled letter to try and defend him, like they did with the Escapist,...then seriously, CIG will get crucified definitively.

In short, I'm all set for this to be a full-out nuclear apocalypse!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Oh poo poo I just found something

Something bad

Real bad

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

EightAce posted:

Drop a hint of that to someone.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Isn't there a quote somewhere of a cop saying something like "Whenever we bust a pedo, they're either into Star Trek or Star Wars"?

Pedophilia and Star Trek

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Tigey posted:

Geocities disappearing saved many people's reputations in adult life. Including mine.

Not mine; I had a geocities page full of screamtracker and impulse tracker music. Got all nostalgic, went to look for it, and poof.

Got a track or two up on hornet or scene, but everything else is all gone.

Most of it was baked shite, but y'know, still.

Jason Sextro posted:

I really miss the days of mp3.com as a depository for the worst amateur music the internet had to offer.

The world wasn't ready for twelve bar blues arranged for random flatulence.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 16, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

One of you previously said to leave Ben alone as he is having a tough time. Is, uh that you or another ace?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Lonkface posted:

Well, I said it earlier and I still stand by it, along with the fact that we all say and write dumb stuff. As was pointed out, there's no context provided here, which is what makes it so loving weird and sad.
The guy just decided to save every weird, racist, sad, awful, funny or other line he ever came up with and left it in public.

Unhealthy obsessions seem to be piling up.

The worst is that it's all just.. not funny. There is not a particle of humour in any of these quotes so far. I just absolutely cannot understand why you'd save that poo poo.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jason Sextro posted:

:stonk: I'd ask what else there could possibly be but I actually...really don't want to know.
Ben-ghazi: It's just the tip.

Hehe, that's part of the meaningless crap of the public school system. They spend 12 years trying to teach you that everybody is equal. And that you should be nice to everybody. And then it's the exact opposite in reality <G> #17593

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo this thread...... It gets better and better.

I can no longer skim posts because a lot this poo poo is gold.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ewe2 posted:

I'm writing a polka parody of Ben to deal with this.

Hell yess.

Can I suggest an omm then a pah? It's OK I don't need writing credits

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

You rear end in a top hat goonies should leave Lesnick alone. He's a Ben's Rights Activist and you should respect that.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Moogle posted:

Not mine; I had a geocities page full of screamtracker and impulse tracker music. Got all nostalgic, went to look for it, and poof.

Got a track or two up on hornet or scene, but everything else is all gone.

Most of it was baked shite, but y'know, still.

I really miss the days of mp3.com as a depository for the worst amateur music the internet had to offer.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sedisp posted:

You rear end in a top hat goonies should leave Lesnick alone. He's a Ben's Rights Activist and you should respect that.
Bravely fighting for the right to move between the kitchen and the bathroom without his heart threatening to explode.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

EightAce posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I am glad of having quietly read every single page since the last Star Citizen convention and am definitely looking forward to the next one after The Age of LOAF closes. :lesnick:

• Locked thread