Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

If he's still a racist, misogynist, homophobic, pedophile piece of poo poo, someone at CIG or online must know it.

The minute you let someone tell you that you can't randomly call people retarded dipships is the minute your OPINION IS BEING ATTACKED BY EVIL CENSORS! #19,297

edit : here is a fennix fox being washed.

http://i.imgur.com/YRONQ0c.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody have the screenshots of Ben banning that girl who was being sexually harrassed?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I was watching the news earlier... the helicopter woman is hot... #7875

Wow, and then I came to hate my case because it keeps electrocuting various computer parts. Like how you can love a woman but be forced to kill her for parts. #18850

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Anybody have the screenshots of Ben banning that girl who was being sexually harrassed?

Lol they deleted all that poo poo. Like, we would literally hit F5 and watch the posts disappear and the total page count decrease.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Phi230 posted:

They all think you are in league with me and I am summoning my horde of goons to defend my honour :laugh:

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I may not believe in many things, like God and the existance of babies, but there's one thing I stand by: kill 'em all. #13,278

Wait, out of 150 people dead none of them were Americans? That's the worst terrorist attack ever. You'd have to be the unluckiest terrorist in the universe to demolish an entire city block and not kill any Americans. #19,219

If this keeps up I'm going to have to either kill everybody or stop saying stupid things. And you know which one I'll choose. #18,954
I guess he chose the former.

Wow, I should go on a killing rampage. People who do that seem to be pretty popular. #16,323

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

SA enjoys making GBS threads on lovely human beings. And while arguments have been made that Ben is nice IRL before, the truth of it is more than apparent that he's far moreso the 'nice guy' sort of nice (and with even less spine than is usual for such and moreso being pathetic). In the end he very much so is a lovely human being for dismissing any kind of concern (no matter how legitimate) that has to do with actual community handling and then basically letting people like DickWulf run out any woman backer from their community without any action taken and the women being the ones probated/punished/in one case banned from a RL event, solely because a) Those stalkers happen to be huge whales and b) He probably felt sympathetic to them, now that we can see exactly what sort of person he not only was but still likely is.

So gently caress him and gently caress you too for thinking that fat waste of space should be defended as opposed to called out by this point for the utterly unqualified lump of lard he is.

And I have heard stories Ban had a healthy bit of scammer in him pre CIG.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
They banned a guy because he was editing his post at the same time a mod was and his edit overwrite the mods. Literally seconds apart.

Dude got banned because CIG didn't know what time stamps were.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Why would you *want* '*Arab girls Go Jihad in jewish cocks*', anyway :(? #18,880

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Dark Off posted:

original paint stream the chat replay is quite interesting
https://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/60978491

heres the most important part. Lando reacting to Ben-Ghazi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJS8OiT2Frw

He reaches acceptance at 5:30.

I wonder what the crisis meeting after that was like.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I believe in Chris Roberts' dream. All you wannabe critics should just shut the gently caress up until you have made anything approaching the greatness of acclaimed Chris Roberts projects such as Lord of War or Privateer

He has a consistent record of delivering on time and within budget, at the same time challenging the limits of what others believed possible. It's our fault - and the fault of the publishers standing in his way - that we only now get to witness the entirety of his capabilities.

People making GBS threads on Star Citizen by pointing to examples of other games' development make themselves victim to two fallacies. First, they mistake the ordinary turbulence inherent to the creative process with underlying management issues. Many other games have shown us that we cannot expect a smooth ride towards our objective, but that the wait is almost always worth it. It's inherently dishonest to judge Star Citizen by other standards.

Second, Star Citizen has a scope and a vision beyond any of that we have ever witnessed. There is no staked-out path for CIG to choose - instead they are forced to map every crossroads they encounter. In years we will be talking about the pre- and post-Star Citizen generations of game development. It is therefore dishonest to judge Star Citizen by other games' standards.

I hope that we can shift our discourse to a more constructive tone, shelving the entitlement and rage issues that so many posters suffer. It is our place to affirm and support CIG in its efforts, not to throw twigs in their cogwheels and be upset when they bend or break.

Thank you for reading, community that I am part of

S U in the C

Oh poo poo, we finally broke TB.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Siva68 posted:

I may not believe in many things, like God and the existance of babies, but there's one thing I stand by: kill 'em all. #13,278

Wait, out of 150 people dead none of them were Americans? That's the worst terrorist attack ever. You'd have to be the unluckiest terrorist in the universe to demolish an entire city block and not kill any Americans. #19,219

If this keeps up I'm going to have to either kill everybody or stop saying stupid things. And you know which one I'll choose. #18,954
I guess he chose the former.

Wow, I should go on a killing rampage. People who do that seem to be pretty popular. #16,323

so did they do a background check?

scratch that, this guy is on watchlists isnt he?

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Whoever came up with ben-ghazi is the best. :swoon:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 2, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

mashed_penguin posted:

Whoever came up with ben-ghazi is the best. :swoon:

Your avatar disturbs me.... in a not homophobic way.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hezzy posted:

They all think you are in league with me and I am summoning my horde of goons to defend my honour :laugh:

I feel like the FP citizens stay on FP and dont really see the poo poo that goes on

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

Last 3 days are like a blackhole of suck for CIG. It seriously is like a never ending stream of stuff that just doesn't stop.

Next week, it goes nuclear. Wait. Two Days.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Palisader posted:

I would do anything to keep it from happening again. There were nights where I'd wake up in the middle of anxiety attack because I might have one. I hate them.

I had my medication changed when I became pregnant and haven't had one since, so either the wellbutrin or the influx of hormones has helped. Hopefully the wellbutrin. Sorry for personal stuff.

Man, Wellbutrin SO helped with my smoking. Then the neurologist I worked for (I did sleep studies) moved and I lost my free supply.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

Next week, it goes nuclear. Wait. Two Days.

*Urge to fap intensifies*

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Variable 5 posted:

Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

Good one. You sure stuck it to us by telling us we are toxic.

Heres an idea Ben, look at other companies running forums. Look at Blizzard, or Gearbox, The guys behind Path of Exile...

Then take a look at your forum. Whats the difference in moderation?

Ill give you a hint: The other companies welcome open criticism. It helps them take a look at real community feedback. They dont move everything to a "concern" forum that is neglected and never looked at.

Your forum, on the other hand, is filled with "Moderators" who ban people for bringing up ACTUAL concerns with the game(lol). The people you chose to actively watch the forums are among the worst mods i have ever seen. "Every post must have a poll! Or your thread gets deleted!" what in the actual loving hell. Most of those polls are bombarded by poll bots to make everything look incredibly favorable towards the game and allows 0 opposing opinions. But then again, when your "game" is a loving scam thats preying on mentally challenged idiots who shouldnt be allowed to have access to their own bank accounts, i guess its in your best interest to make sure no one ever speaks ill of your "product" that will never get released. Please, go back to CiG and tell them you failed. It would make my day to see the reaction on Chris' and Sandi's face.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015
'If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of experience, Hades, it's that when you sell a nine year old into slavery she's going to wind up dead. #18,882' (http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=18882)

'Legions of children worldwide are having sex with 40 year old men. #14,178' (http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=14178)

'So I went to my sisters birthday party last night... I definately need to hang around more nine year olds, since parties with cake and ice cream and pinatas and stuff are way more fun than adult parties. #19,128' (http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=19128)

'And technically, she's not *my* three year old... I just kidnapped her. #20,108' (http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=20108)

'A cop shooting a 7-year old with a toy gun would be awesome, though. If there's one thing I hate more than six year old boys, it's seven year old boys. #21,724' (http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?quotenum=21724)

The more I look the more I find. How many horrible stuff can be hidden in a finite number of only 20k quotes. Or is this hell and the horror will never stop?

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
TWO SLEEPS

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
With Ben Lesnick being such a toxic steward, it explains a lot about the Star Citizen community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/d25bukc

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/d25dhcm

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/d25em6u

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
986 posts overnight. Must be a new record. Time to catch up!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Ezekeel posted:

The more I look the more I find. How many horrible stuff can be hidden in a finite number of only 20k quotes. Or is this hell and the horror will never stop?

https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid is up to nearly 70 tweets now and they've all been objectively awful

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to gun people down from that UT Tower and get on the news. #15,120

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

G0RF posted:

I'm sorry -- the Book of Loaf is a laundry list of S.J.W. Unforgivable Sins and if CIG thinks they'll sweep this under the rug and do The Escapist Shuffle on this they're going reap the whirlwind.

I can't recall a single story in gaming history with the built in potential energy that this one has. Even if the gaming press keeps playing Hamlet, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm not talking about Book of Loaf specifically-- I mean the whole thing including it. It's made of the kind of stuff that a seasoned pro (Atlantic, NY Times, etc.) could fashion an absolute masterpiece from-- the water cooler story of the season. The one that bags them millions of clicks and serves up as many high-dollar ads for luxury watches and vehicles and vacations in the process. It's not just an odd gaming story-- the scale of it, the enormity of it defies such dismissals.

It's hilarious, heartbreaking, eye-popping madness at this point and what is perhaps most amazing about it is that it's all right there. The gold is everywhere-- glistening in the riverbed, gleaming through the dust. This is 1848 at Sutter's Mill kind of stuff... You barely need a mining or refinement operation -- the nuggets need only be picked up, pocketed, melted down and fashioned into a treasure.

I don't know when it happens but that it will happen is inevitable now. And when it finally breaks -- really breaks big -- you'll hear the annoyed signs of gaming journos everywhere as they realized they'd been walking over it, swimming above it for years and they missed it. It was their beat, their homeland-- and they missed it.

Yet again, they missed it.
If they shitcan Ben, does he spill the beans? On the one hand, he's a spineless loser. On the other hand, he has nothing and is nothing without Lord Croberts and Wing Commander. Like being expelled from The Garden of Eden. What would he have to lose?

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

RuckusRouser posted:

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

Sorry, sleep called. What happened with Derek doxxing Rageaholic?

Looks like, someone :allears: deleted all the posts?

Anyway, here is cute catte wearing a sombrero.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6574314/#Comment_6574314

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Your avatar disturbs me.... in a not homophobic way.

Someone gave it to me because I was sad that its former owner got a new big red title. :unsmith: SC brings out the best in all of us.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I could start a profitable religion. #587

It just keeps going ffs

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Wu Jen posted:

Sorry, sleep called. What happened with Derek doxxing Rageaholic?

Looks like, someone :allears: deleted all the posts?

Anyway, here is cute catte wearing a sombrero.

To think this was only a number of hours ago.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

quote:

We should love the WC movie the same way we would a horribly deformed child. #11915
(in the hopes that we can sell it to a freak show or circus...) #11916

I would have been back earlier, but I got jewed in CounterStrike, friend of the family. #21860

All of the quotes got posted here for posterity in numerical order:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4acb72f26cad04a030ceeae5fc9e219e

Edit: Ben, if you want to play CSGO again, Mr. Pink is looking for an ESEA buddy.

osker fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 16, 2016

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Lime Tonics posted:

I could start a profitable religion. #587

It just keeps going ffs

Who knew there was a market for hawking Pilgrim's Crosses on etsy.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

-Anyway, it turns out my mom taped the news for me while I was away, so I have like a week of Kerri-Lee to go through... #13,502

-Oh, I followed several women who looked sort of like Kerri-Lee around the science museum, but none of them turned out to be her:~( #13,846

-And with my position as Kerri-Lee of the CIC, cool knife AND uniform, I'll be the cult leader! #14,539

-As in "Over the Kerri-lee for the traffic, she's got great breasts.." #15,608

-What good is the world when I've no Kerri-Lee:~(? Of course, if I took over the world, I could have all the Kerri-Lee I wanted. The world it is, then, chaps. #17,284

-Wow, Kerri-Lee at the hardware store. I'd like to ware her... hard #19,478

-I have two pictures in frames on my desk at work: a picture of a spotted stingray marked 'Cat' and a printed glossy picture of Kerri-Lee. #20,382

<Byydo> some guys try to un-circumsize themselves by hanging weights from their penis
<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee
<LOAF> The concept of something hanging from my penis reminded me. #21,608

:dogbutton:

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=kerri

Funny... :stonklol:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Breetai posted:

You know what I hate? When some kid dies in a car accident people make a little pile of flowers and crap along the road. #20,330

:same:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

XK posted:

He reaches acceptance at 5:30.

I wonder what the crisis meeting after that was like.

The look is more of a "You have no loving idea how creepy he actually is in real life. You think those 'pedo jokes' are bad in text? You should hear that poo poo IRL."

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

G0RF posted:

I'm sorry -- the Book of Loaf is a laundry list of S.J.W. Unforgivable Sins and if CIG thinks they'll sweep this under the rug and do The Escapist Shuffle on this they're going reap the whirlwind.

I can't recall a single story in gaming history with the built in potential energy that this one has. Even if the gaming press keeps playing Hamlet, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm not talking about Book of Loaf specifically-- I mean the whole thing including it. It's made of the kind of stuff that a seasoned pro (Atlantic, NY Times, etc.) could fashion an absolute masterpiece from-- the water cooler story of the season. The one that bags them millions of clicks and serves up as many high-dollar ads for luxury watches and vehicles and vacations in the process. It's not just an odd gaming story-- the scale of it, the enormity of it defies such dismissals.

It's hilarious, heartbreaking, eye-popping madness at this point and what is perhaps most amazing about it is that it's all right there. The gold is everywhere-- glistening in the riverbed, gleaming through the dust. This is 1848 at Sutter's Mill kind of stuff... You barely need a mining or refinement operation -- the nuggets need only be picked up, pocketed, melted down and fashioned into a treasure.

I don't know when it happens but that it will happen is inevitable now. And when it finally breaks -- really breaks big -- you'll hear the annoyed signs of gaming journos everywhere as they realized they'd been walking over it, swimming above it for years and they missed it. It was their beat, their homeland-- and they missed it.

Yet again, they missed it.

I just hope it happens before it becomes obvious the end is fast approaching and cig clam up. Watching cig clumsily and transparently react to this thread is hilarious enough. Imagine their reaction to some genuinely intelligent and pointed journalism.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

I am awaiting clearance from a mod on that.

If it helps bypass weirdness, you can PM me the name and I can post a screenshot of the PM. That way it's me doing the deed. You can then confirm I didn't edit anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Ragequit posted:

If it helps bypass weirdness, you can PM me the name and I can post a screenshot of the PM. That way it's me doing the deed. You can then confirm I didn't edit anything.

Doxxing isn't a good idea, wait for mod approval

• Locked thread