Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

You make do in The Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

odd how the nose + chin so define "human" to us

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Buff Skeleton posted:

You make do in The Zone

AH NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's just loving gross. You're supposed to rub the skin with a compound butter and baste every 45 minutes so your eldritch abomination doesn't dry out.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's just loving gross. You're supposed to rub the skin with a compound butter and baste every 45 minutes so your eldritch abomination doesn't dry out.

Looks plenty wet to me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Roro posted:

Looks plenty wet to me.

I've had a lot of eldritch abominations and I can tell that one is way overcooked, probably tastes like sawdust

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah that sheen is just the carmelization of the baste. Sheesh, it's like you've never cooked for Squidmas or something.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Guillermo Del Torro's "George Washington Carver" Biopic lookin good

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

DandyLion posted:

Guillermo Del Torro's "George Washington Carver" Biopic lookin good

I refuse to pretend that this makes sense.

I don't know the history behind this painting but it's haunting and I love it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Cat Upset By Goatse"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the creepiest image I've seen is this polaroid found in the collection of a serial killer and rapist named Dean Corll, featuring a distressed young boy, tied up next to the toolbox in which Corll kept his torture implements. He has never been identified.

(You can see it on the Wikipedia page on Dean Corll.)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think the creepiest image I've seen is this polaroid found in the collection of a serial killer and rapist named Dean Corll, featuring a distressed young boy, tied up next to the toolbox in which Corll kept his torture implements. He has never been identified.

(You can see it on the Wikipedia page on Dean Corll.)

gently caress. I hate this thread but I cannot look away.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

gently caress. I hate this thread but I cannot look away.

There's loads of really gross pictures of stuff like deformities or the aftermath of road traffic accidents that are really disgusting to look at (I don't tend to do so because I have a weak stomach) but stuff like that is on another level for me as far as "creepy" goes.

Another one: in 1988, a teenager named Tara Calico disappeared from her home in New Mexico. About six months later, a discarded photograph - which can be viewed on the linked Wikipedia page - was found in a car park in Florida. It features a boy and a girl bound and gagged. The girl is believed to be Tara Calico. The boy remains unidentified.

That sort of thing makes my skin crawl.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Reminding me of those websites for unidentified dead, some done as sketches, but most represented in busts that blend uncanny valley and mystery.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's loads of really gross pictures of stuff like deformities or the aftermath of road traffic accidents that are really disgusting to look at (I don't tend to do so because I have a weak stomach) but stuff like that is on another level for me as far as "creepy" goes.

Another one: in 1988, a teenager named Tara Calico disappeared from her home in New Mexico. About six months later, a discarded photograph - which can be viewed on the linked Wikipedia page - was found in a car park in Florida. It features a boy and a girl bound and gagged. The girl is believed to be Tara Calico. The boy remains unidentified.

That sort of thing makes my skin crawl.

Yea, I first heard about the Tara calico a few weeks ago. Super creepy. Also in the picture is a VC Andrews novel? Who was apparently her favorite author. Whole thing is super unsettling

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Plethora posted:

I refuse to pretend that this makes sense.

I don't know the history behind this painting but it's haunting and I love it.

Her work has come up in here before – this is by Aleksandra Waliszewska. She's extremely prolific, so if you want (a whole lot) more, here's her Tumblr: http://waliszewska.tumblr.com/

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

http://www.anxioussilence.co.uk/blog/2008/02/16/checkendon-sculpture-the-nuba-embrace/

quote:

“The Nuba Embrace” Several people have asked about the sculpture that has appeared by Copyhold Barn; it is called “The Nuba Embrace” and is by John Buckley. John created the sculpture on his return from a visit to the Nuba Mountains in central Sudan in 2000- 2001 where he was a guest of the Nuba Rehabilitation, Relief and Development Organisation (N.R.R.D.O.) during the time of the genocide. He witnessed first hand a mass attempt to wipe out a cultural identity through ethnic cleansing, slavery and fierce attacks on the traditional homelands. More recently there has been a fragile cease fire in the Nuba Mountains (the same agreement that is currently barely holding in Darfur) and when John returned to the region in January this year he says that, despite the suffering, he experienced a sense of resistance living in everyone he met. John finds it difficult to talk about his work (like most artists) but hopes that the sculpture asks the question “What is the future for the Nuba people?” and reminds us that in this ever-shrinking world we are never far away from what is happening in places such as the Nuba Mountains.

DSC06043 by Bob Barker, on Flickr

DSC06035 by Bob Barker, on Flickr
The Nuba Embrace - Checkendon by Bob Barker, on Flickr

The Nuba Embrace - Checkendon by Bob Barker, on Flickr

More here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/anxious_silence/sets/72157600451798435/

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Alain Perdrix posted:

Her work has come up in here before – this is by Aleksandra Waliszewska. She's extremely prolific, so if you want (a whole lot) more, here's her Tumblr: http://waliszewska.tumblr.com/

THANK YOU. It's been bugging me since that post, and only remembering enough to search for "painting series white cat female artist" got a bajillion hits of fluffy kittens and no creepy Polish cat.

She's so good and unsettling.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

On the Swedish side of things, we have Marie-Louise Ekman.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So that's where "Simpsons pictures i gone and did" came from.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Peeping tom caught on a security camera.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bomrek posted:

Peeping tom caught on a security camera.

Tupac, why you do this?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

No ring.

e: Nvm. Balloon string counts.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beluga Whale

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Scrolls horizontally. I hope he gets cancer and dies.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Beluga Whale

Furry costumes are getting quite elaborate.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Scrolls horizontally. I hope he gets cancer and dies.

He's grown a third arm. Does that count?

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

joat mon posted:

He's grown a third arm. Does that count?

Nah man he's just got a cuddle buddy :kimchi:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Slightly ewww, very creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGM6sHIJuho

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Everyone's guessing what it could be and how it got in there but wait a second. Why does animal and plant cannot get activly into a mode of symbiose. What if this is 1 live form.The tree is delivering food and if the tree dies the worm can get out and live as a snake. The tree can also be counted as a protection for the worm

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Pomp posted:

Everyone's guessing what it could be and how it got in there but wait a second. Why does animal and plant cannot get activly into a mode of symbiose. What if this is 1 live form.The tree is delivering food and if the tree dies the worm can get out and live as a snake. The tree can also be counted as a protection for the worm

What's in it for the tree?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beige posted:

What's in it for the tree?

Trees should not feel entitled to not eaten #ToxicArborism

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Alright seriously what the gently caress is that. Does axolotl farmer read this thread?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Alright seriously what the gently caress is that. Does axolotl farmer read this thread?

Did your name used to be Aesop Poopsock? I could swear it was. Somebody else said the same thing a while back but it never was addressed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Beige posted:

Did your name used to be Aesop Poopsock? I could swear it was. Somebody else said the same thing a while back but it never was addressed.

No people just read it as that and I think it becomes canon to them after awhile. Are you suggesting that thing in the tree was some sort of poopsock?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

No people just read it as that and I think it becomes canon to them after awhile. Are you suggesting that thing in the tree was some sort of poopsock?

I really don't know what it was but I would like to know.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Dorothea Tanning was Max Ernsts wife.
She does creepy dreamscapes

This is "Birthday" from 1942 and its a self portrait.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carlos Lantana has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Apr 29, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beige posted:

I really don't know what it was but I would like to know.

It's a snake. And I'd bet that it was a felled log that they just started cutting up and the snake had just crawled into the existing hole. Not like a snake that grew up in the middle of a tree or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's a snake. And I'd bet that it was a felled log that they just started cutting up and the snake had just crawled into the existing hole. Not like a snake that grew up in the middle of a tree or something.

But how do you explain the Aesop Poopsock/Poprock mystery?