Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Call me cynical, but I honestly don't expect much of a response from CIG or the press regarding Ben-ghazi.

All you have to do is look at how both have responded historically to gauge their reaction this time.

I completely agree that he's an absolutely disgusting sleaze bag. I disagree that will be sufficient for CIG to disavow him, or for the gaming press to finally take action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Or how about this little guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HuiH-0R6a0

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Just so we're clear, that picture of the murder victim with the news anchor's head pasted on it... Is that actually from Lesnick's site or is that a goon creation?

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Goddamit I'm 500 posts behind because I worked on some parp for you all.

* lyrics
* Mangling one of my favourite Heads songs was awesome, thanks for suggesting it :pgabz: movable shape :pgabz:
* That's me on the synth, did I mention I have a synth now?!?!?!
* There are parps to count, count them COUNT THEM.

:coffeepal:

Holy fuuuuuuuuck I love you. I feel grief that of like the 8 TH songs that get constant radio play this one is excluded. I haven't been at my comp to listen to the audio yet but these lyrics are so drat good. This would make Bryne (with his Smart-level autism) proud

You totally got buried under the weight of Ben's-secret-shame.com but this is good work (and I'm in the post so :five:)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chocobo posted:

Just so we're clear, that picture of the murder victim with the news anchor's head pasted on it... Is that actually from Lesnick's site or is that a goon creation?

Goon creation

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Goon creation
Thank loving Christ.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42kzEA9l8Q

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

seems like most of the true believers have already sided with Ben so I don't think CIG is going to address this in any meaningful way. Unless of course gaming journos are going to start making noise about it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
well the public face of CIG may be imploding like a waffle experiment gone-wrong, but at least there's a free-fly to distract people a litt

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326919/free-flight-and-nonstop-server-crashes

:in extremely plinkett voice: oh.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

kikkelivelho posted:

seems like most of the true believers have already sided with Ben so I don't think CIG is going to address this in any meaningful way. Unless of course gaming journos are going to start making noise about it.

Derek tweeted it at some internet people so I'm looking forward to maximum hilarity

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

kikkelivelho posted:

This taps directly into the nerves of people who write massive paragraphs about gently caress all so I expect it to go on and on

ahmini
May 5, 2009
Whilst this is funny as gently caress, people are deluded if they think that CIG will do anything but pay lip service and rely on their rabid marks to white knight the hell out the situation. After all, they probably all sympathise with all those quality "jokes".

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Let's get all old school and satirical about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-Ia45UJ6Q

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
been away for a day and a half (2000+ post)
Is the thread still about stalking Ben across the internet or has something in the game actually happened yet?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Godmode Enabled posted:

Is the thread still about stalking Ben across the internet
actually he posted a link and you missed out on... a lot more than usual

Godmode Enabled posted:

or has something in the game actually happened yet?

lol, right, that happens

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

Oh, you mean Ragequit

I thought I was going to be pegged as some random employee, but Lando? Amazing. I am sure Derek will give us a full breakdown of proof when a mod confirms his request.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Holy poo poo, just catching up with the Lesnick Reveal. He is one creepy fucker.

Woh did ehp de woh de deruh

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

(small derail from Benghazi, sorry folks)

Awww :blush: Definitely one of my favourites. I taught myself to play all the basslines on that album many years, its all genius, especially this tune. For muso heads, it's a song in different time signatures, and different time signatures between different instruments, it's like an interlocking rhythmic puzzle which for me is catnip and it sounds so simple. I hope you like what you hear, I was especially happy with how the bass came out, that's all natural with no EQ or anything.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Godmode Enabled posted:

Is the thread still about stalking Ben across the internet or has something in the game actually happened yet?

There is no game... so the stalking thing.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

I'm sorry to shill my band, but we just got the mixes back for this little guy, and I think it would make a solid soundtrack to the apocalypse:

https://soundcloud.com/user-455463481/i-want-it-that-way

(I play guitar and keys. The singer is my gf. The band is how we met.)

(I have a lot of hobbies)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ShredsYouSay posted:

Holy poo poo, just catching up with the Lesnick Reveal. He is one creepy fucker.

Woh did ehp de woh de deruh

"Oh, the hugemanbaby!"

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:wow:

ortwin looks loving creepy however you shop him

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

true believers post things like Stimpire lore so if anything, Lesnick has risen in their estimation now that his shitshow website has gone public

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D1E posted:

Call me cynical, but I honestly don't expect much of a response from CIG or the press regarding Ben-ghazi.

All you have to do is look at how both have responded historically to gauge their reaction this time.

I completely agree that he's an absolutely disgusting sleaze bag. I disagree that will be sufficient for CIG to disavow him, or for the gaming press to finally take action.
This is how I'm leaning. It's too easy to dismiss it as dumb attempts at being "edgy" on the internet 10 years ago.

Of course if someone can prove that he's still like that now, then things get real.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Toops posted:

I'm sorry to shill my band, but we just got the mixes back for this little guy, and I think it would make a solid soundtrack to the apocalypse:

Backstreet Boys meets Van Halen? I like it!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Sweet :)
I've been sat here practising stuff for my band, we have some shows coming up and they have sold out, it's pretty daunting

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ahmini posted:

Backstreet Boys meets Van Halen? I like it!

lol thanks. Andy Summers and Eddie are two big influences. I'm strictly amateur, but throw enough years at a hobby and you can at least fake it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Did you know Lesnick actually wrote a song for his news anchor friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkxSMuVn_5M&t=31s

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Creamy Wisconsin Brick Spread

What you need:
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese - at room temperature
1/4 cup of milk
2 cups (8 oz) of shredded brick cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Rye, pumpernickel bread, or crackers for serving

How to make:

In a mixer bowl, beat together the cream cheese and milk until fluffy.

Add the remaining ingredients, mix well

Serve with bread and/or crackers

:effort:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

I've been sat here practising stuff for my band, we have some shows coming up and they have sold out, it's pretty daunting

Oh I know man. That feeling 2 days before a show and you're like, gently caress. I really need to get the dust off this playing.

My band headlined a Pride festival (previously known as Gay Pride), and it was by far the most amazing crowd/show we played. There were around 2000 ppl, I got to play through my full marshall full stack, and there was a cat-walk with fans blowing for maximum hair metal solo effect. I was practicing for like 6 hours a night for 2 weeks cause hosed if I was gonna botch a solo on the catwalk.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

Also, is it bad that I read that "I'm been like practicing, stuff for my band all my life"?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Lol at Derek hiding behind mod approval to post about ragequit when he already said it was OK

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
What must it be like to be one of the legit CIG employees - like a texture artist or something - and to come into work the Monday after a weekend like this?

Those are the real victims.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

true believers post things like Stimpire lore so if anything, Lesnick has risen in their estimation now that his shitshow website has gone public

This is true, I believe Seraph has forgiven :lesnick: for the whole forum banning thing already.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Toops posted:

The soundtrack in my mind for SC's descent to hell has always been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsJ84YV1oA

For me, it's been the entirety of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

I've amused myself by comparing "In the Flesh" to "Future Citizencon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPpw7DNzCY

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
They need to get out while the entry on the resume may not be actively detrimental.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

You are breaking my illusion. I like to imagine you are the actual Peter Gabriel from Genesis making those awesomely hilarious videos.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Oh I know man. That feeling 2 days before a show and you're like, gently caress. I really need to get the dust off this playing.

My band headlined a Pride festival (previously known as Gay Pride), and it was by far the most amazing crowd/show we played. There were around 2000 ppl, I got to play through my full marshall full stack, and there was a cat-walk with fans blowing for maximum hair metal solo effect. I was practicing for like 6 hours a night for 2 weeks cause hosed if I was gonna botch a solo on the catwalk.

Ha ha yeah that's me now, I do a sneaky run in E minor at the end of a verse and I am going over and over it because if I gently caress that up it'll be painful

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fried Sushi posted:

You are breaking my illusion. I like to imagine you are the actual Peter Gabriel from Genesis making those awesomely hilarious videos.

I am, my band is Genesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jon Do posted:

We need an emote that's :xcom: but for reddit

:reddit: isn't good enough?

SomethingJones posted:

Imagine what Braben could have done with half of the money CIG raised. Imagine Elite with an Eve backend.

There isn't a fap-emote large enough to convey it.
SpaceMuch times flashfap, cubed might get close, but still not be sufficient.

Scruffpuff posted:

To think that nearly everything could have been avoided (except SC failing, that is unavoidable because Chris is critically inept) if they had just hired qualified personnel from the jump. Let's put a mentally damaged man-child as our community face - a man with a proven track record of mental illness and ineptitude at this precise function, because he is my biggest fan. Let's put this soulless she-bitch into a marketing position, despite her 4th-grade reading/writing level, her narcissism, and her unmatched stupidity, because she is my wife.

Chris, had you hired a professional community manager, and a professional marketer, etc. - you would at least have had the opportunity to fail with dignity. Instead, you're failing in every direction at once, all day, every day. Nothing will be able to be salvaged from this poo poo-show. You have created a legacy of failure so complete and all-encompassing that it will go down in history. The media will have trouble covering your failures because they'll get writers block figuring out where to start. Documenting your failures will be so time-consuming that entire chapters will need to be dedicated to specific aspects of your stupidity, from engine choice, to your hiring decisions, your employees' behavior, your fraudulent refund denials, your plagiarist artists, your hubris despite being unable to get even a single piece of work done right - Chris, it's going to go on and on and on. Amazon Cloud Services will need to triple their storage space to have enough room to archive 46 years of an HBO documentary film on everything you did wrong.

Wave your hands at that, motherfucker.

:golfclap: Beautiful.

• Locked thread