Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

and end your seed

I doubt that's a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Toops posted:

Yeah I know we're all God's creatures blah blah blah hey Ben if you decide to off yourself and end your seed I won't be sad buddy.
The poo poo he wrote is diabolical for sure.Alexis is the person who has to pick them shattered pieces up from this.CIg probably,more then likely will try sweep this poo poo under their enormous carpet pile.If they wheel ben out on their best YouTube video it confirms they literally don't give a gently caress and that anyone is game to be thrown under the bus.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
These people are all dicks

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

runsamok posted:

Here's the paypal header for my one transaction that shows up as Twin Bros (I bought in EUR instead of USD to take advantage of the exchange rate "deal" they offered)

Here's mine:

Note the date.
FWIW, i've received the refund via Twin Bros as well.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

These people are all dicks

:same: I really don't understand people saying they feel sorry for anyone involved in this. I've seen nothing to suggest any of these people are worthy of sympathy, they all seem to be assholes.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Well wasn't that just a hell of a thing to catch up to.

I'm excited as hell for a Monday, tell you what.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i'm about 30 pages behind but this image caught my eye - once when i saw the filename, twice when i saw the concents

privateer online? gently caress, you could call that star citizen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress even is this thread

I missed a lot of pages someone lost the best Ben quotes for me

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

You all keep asking the wrong questions. And allowing an attorney who is, by nature, obfuscate stuff all the time, to lead.

These are the correct questions to ask.

1) Does Steven Kam work for CIG?

2) Is Steven Kam "Toast" on CIG?

3) How is it that once MoMa was accused of having CIG duplicated in his LinkedIn entry, it was immediately fixed (I had a refresh alert on it using a Chrome plugin; so I caught it)?

4) If Steven Kam isn't Toast and Toast isn't MoMa, how/why did the change in #3 above happen?

5) If #4 is a no-go, why did Jared bother to mention in a public Tweet, that Toast was his room mate? What's the relevance?

Note also that Toast has a post on CIG forums in which he explains why he has two profiles there. One as a contractor/employee, one as a backer.

Note also that if Kam is Toast then it stands to reason that, as a fan, and room mate of Jared, he would still be around, regardless of whether or not he is on the payroll.

Note also that Jared posted that Toast had been "promoted". Again; all within the span of 48hrs of me trying to tie MomA to Toast

I don't care what anyone says, it's him.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So have we guessed that MOMA was Crobberts (Crump Flaps, Crib Crobs, etc... A.K.A. Many aliases)?

Just got to the hilarious feud between Derek and (maybe) Company man/person :laffo:

Although I already once stated they I am NOT Toast, I really think you guys need to give it up already. This is the reason the thread was locked once already, and speculating more about it will lead no where. Plus, that isn't what this thread is about.

C'mon 2.4 hype! I also got that $5 coupon from April fools. Sale time!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

:same: I really don't understand people saying they feel sorry for anyone involved in this. I've seen nothing to suggest any of these people are worthy of sympathy, they all seem to be assholes.

Yeah they are all BLAH BLAH BLAHH while rolling around in nerds life savings while making videos about pretending to make a game, they all loving suck :lol:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What the ever-loving gently caress?

I have a friend whom I often joke around with, and we both drop some wildly inappropriate jokes to each other. But here's what we don't do:

Make a loving website dedicated to them.

We crack the jokes between the two of us, in the comfort of knowing that neither of us support the opinions or world views behind the jokes (that is often half the joke, the absurdity of the statement). That totally works and isn't really a problem when it's so very internal.

But when you put it on the world wide goddamn web, someone somewhere is gonna miss the "I'm just joking brah" angle of it all.

Anyone but the most rabid fanboy would see why this is literal seppuku for any community manager.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Milky Moor posted:

i'm about 30 pages behind but this image caught my eye - once when i saw the filename, twice when i saw the concents

If you look closely, the notes on the right-hand column are saying the exact same thing as the left-hand column, but with the usual marketing hyperbole.

- "Over 40 ships total in the game" becomes "using modular ships, PO will be able to have over 4000 combinations" - Right, but Freespace already mention you can outfit the ships. So you haven't really said how many ships you're gonna have.

All the bullet points are like that. They try to come across as "we'll have that but better" and all it really comes off as is stupid.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

You're joking, right?

Joking about what?
Them using Twin Bros since day one?

Nope.
You seem to imply it's a recent development.
It's not. They've been receiving money via Twin Bros since 2012.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I am, my band is Genesis

Hearing the song SalisburyShitpost Hill for real makes me think about your post/video contributions to this thread. I already liked that song so this makes it even better

Chris was flailing
Thread stood still
Gary Oldman parped out of the night

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

They aren't any of them particularly good or funny or even interesting, just garden variety edgy racist/misogynist stuff. It's the volume of it that is staggering.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

https://twitter.com/BenLesnickSays

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Although I already once stated they I am NOT Toast, I really think you guys need to give it up already. This is the reason the thread was locked once already, and speculating more about it will lead no where. Plus, that isn't what this thread is about.

gently caress yeah 2.4!!!!
*wave arse in the air*
LET US GET HYPE!!!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

how were the biscuits this morning toast

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Uhh.. thats bens rear end your talking about.. Id move unless you want to get gassed.

Erm, the cracks in the walls of castle CIG? As as far as Ben's rear end goes, I couldn't run far enough. I mean, seriously, CIG could do a fundraising marathon around his waist.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

moveable shape posted:

Hearing the song SalisburyShitpost Hill for real makes me think about your post/video contributions to this thread. I already liked that song so this makes it even better

Chris was flailing
Thread stood still
Gary Oldman parped out of the night

This is in the top three best things that has ever happened to me

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

I need to go to bed....the Chinky Grand Prix is on dead early in the morning... #4,663

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
HEY TOAST, DON'T BE THE "FALL" GUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0GGndnnOqw

HA!

HA!

HA!

Seriously though, Derek's going to gently caress you up if you're not careful.

Stay safe, developer shill!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Time for a fun stroll down memory lane.

That one was good.

Goon traitor!?!?!?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Milky Moor posted:

"Freespace - Actually came out" :smug:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fooma posted:

Wait wait wait. Are we overreacting here?

This seems to imply that it's a collection of quotes from his WC irc. Not necessarily quotes made by him. Could this just be a bash.org for this specific chatroom from all users in there, archived by a bot to the database on the website?

Unless the channel had multiple LOAFers, no not so much.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

gently caress yeah 2.4!!!!
*wave arse in the air*
LET US GET HYPE!!!

Persistent crashing into spergchariots

delicious

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014
Lando, get out while you still can dude.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I still can't get over that I'm the same age as Lando. Motherfucker looks like he could be my father.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Toast is a loving delusional and naive baby if he thinks he can post as a "backer" regardless of what account it is on the RSI forums. Like seriously completely moronic.

Sub-Moronic, even.

Sunswipe posted:

I still can't get over that I'm the same age as Lando. Motherfucker looks like he could be my father.

I can't get over that Lesnick only has a year on me by calendar.....20 years by looks. It makes me feel a LOT better about some of my lifestyle choices in the past decade or so.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

trucutru posted:

But I thought academic circles considered Hitler a great leader?

Hahahahahahahahaha no

Charismatic and inspiring? Certainly, bearing in mind he inspired a first world country to turn its entire energies towards systematic industrialized genocide.

Great? gently caress no.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Did anyone send Ben quotes to Batgirl?

I might be a crusty old internet person who has said some vile poo poo in my time, but even going back and looking at it from the perspective of my younger self, even I couldn't fathom the hosed uppitude of what Ben wrote. I see some of the shills in this thread trying to derail Ben-ghazi already but it isn't gonna work fuckers. The public face of your company just got caught saying extremely bad poo poo as an adult who should know better.

I think this is going to be a very interesting next few days if what EightAce and Derek seem to think will happen happens. I have no idea what the hell it is, but goddamn am I looking forward to finding out! Star Citizen truly is the best game I've never spent any money on and never played due to its ability to produce endless entertainment.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Toast is a loving delusional and naive baby if he thinks he can post as a "backer" regardless of what account it is on the RSI forums. Like seriously completely moronic.

Sub-Moronic, even.

Well, a dink maybe.

Also, I missed the Melkor/Avatar debacle?! :drat:

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics posted:

Here is an AV for the 4th stimpire if anyone needs one.

Title text suggestion : Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp

I'll take this one thank you very much.

I just can't believe how constantly this thread delivers. This Ben-Ghazi thing is surreal.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hitler? More like shitler

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lord Kinbote posted:

The poo poo he wrote is diabolical for sure.Alexis is the person who has to pick them shattered pieces up from this.CIg probably,more then likely will try sweep this poo poo under their enormous carpet pile.If they wheel ben out on their best YouTube video it confirms they literally don't give a gently caress and that anyone is game to be thrown under the bus.

I'm a bit bummed you quoted this, I deleted it cause it was too far, even for me.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I didnt know who Hitler was. Checked wikipedia. Man that dude was hosed up in my opinion

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Guys, I just have to say this.

We see shitizens as an abomination. Smart capitalists see shitizens as an amazing business opportunity.

So glad I am just a plain old Goon then. :10bux: guarantees Gooniship! o7

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fooma posted:

Wait wait wait. Are we overreacting here?

This seems to imply that it's a collection of quotes from his WC irc. Not necessarily quotes made by him. Could this just be a bash.org for this specific chatroom from all users in there, archived by a bot to the database on the website?

Nope. The entire point of "The Book of LOAF" is that it is a collection of Ben's quotes. Says it right in the description. Ben said it too on twitter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Hitler? More like shitler

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SurfaceDetail posted:

I didnt know who Hitler was. Checked wikipedia. Man that dude was hosed up in my opinion

He had one bollock, that's gonna make you salty

• Locked thread