Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Ben's skeletons left me a broken man.
All i can think is ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did.

I'm off to sleep.

e: Appropriately grimacing catte

orcinus fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not trying to moderate anything. My posts are fine - in line with others' here. And I came here to have an SC discussion just like anyone else.

I invested all I wanted to and nothing more. I'll be ok. In any case - food's arriving soon here so I'm sure I'll have plenty to come back to.

Hi Moma,what do you think of Bens diary,does it bother you?I only bought the Aurora package,no big deal,but as a person who's invested alot more than I am,what do you think?I showed my brother and other half the poo poo he was writing and they thought it was disgusting and I felt the same,what do you think?

Lord Kinbote fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 17, 2016

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

quote:

We idolized Something Awful and that whole burgeoning internet humor culture, pretended we were Lowtax (without the audience!) I’m sure some of that comes across here; it's in-jokes belonging to old friends and terrible ideas all the way down.

Holy poo poo.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OMG!! It happened! Chris has actually RESPONDED to the Ben-ghazi!!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Cheddar, Swiss, and Beer Soup

Beer and cheese soups are great - I appreciate this recipe. Will definitely give it a shot soon.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ben "May is pretty hot for a 10 year old" Lesnick posted:

Hehehehehe, they make you get passport photos in your freakish countries? We just have to gun down the mounted police on the Canadian border if we want to leave the country... #886

Hmmm... you can gun down the American cops chasing us at the border... #4,327

So he's gonna be waiting at the border with a machine gun... and he'll gun down the police as we cross over to saftey... #4,341

I'm beginning to think this guy isn't quite right in the head.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

lol

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

wow

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

ben has clearly become less of a poo poo since then

still a major poo poo though

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
ben has clearly learned how to hide being a poo poo better since then

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I'm beginning to think this guy isn't quite right in the head.

Who cataloges things like that?stalking news reporters and stuff,its pretty disturbing to be honest.

Louis theroux needs to interview him,now that would be something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not trying to moderate anything. My posts are fine - in line with others' here. And I came here to have an SC discussion just like anyone else.

I invested all I wanted to and nothing more. I'll be ok. In any case - food's arriving soon here so I'm sure I'll have plenty to come back to.

lol, your posts are total crap. I am sure plenty of members will post the same but this is not a hivemind thing. You really, really suck at this posting business.

Like, more than fifty percent of your posts are about you, why the gently caress should we care about what you do or think? like, yes, I get you're toast and are related somehow to this SC poo poo but at least ben, lando, sandi, and the other detritus is somewhat interesting.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 17, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ben "followed several women who looked sort of like Kerri Lee Halkett around the science museum, but none of them turned out to be her" Lesnick posted:

I'm going to get rich by setting up a ten-foot pole stand just outside this thread and charging everyone exorbitant prices for things not to touch it with.
This could almost be a joke if it made any loving sense.

Lord Kinbote posted:

Who cataloges things like that?stalking news reporters and stuff,its pretty disturbing to be honest.

Louis theroux needs to interview him,now that would be something.
I just keep thinking of the bit in The Venture Bros where Hank and Dean find Colonel Gentleman supposedly dead, read the lists in his notebook, then Dean comments "This is the diary of a crazy person."

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 17, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Jon Do posted:

ben has clearly learned how to hide being a poo poo better since then

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Yes, Chris, yes, I AM a goon, you talentless cockmonkey. Come at me already.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
The sheer mental gymnastics involved in the average Star Shitizen's head for dismissing the Lesnick website is baffling. The whole spectrum ranges from "Well, Hitler was a good leader" to "This is an elaborate goon hoax"

How

Why

What

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I guess the reason I'm not a boss is I that I probably wouldn't continue employing the janitor if his extensive history of sexualising children as a grown adult came to light.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Not a surprise since Ben finds 10-year old anime girls attractive.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

i love the citizen re-regs who have the most obvious posting voice and are incapable of changing it. you can't hide the toast

like when Seraph would reg and it would be totally not him guys and oh, yeah, bitcoins sure are good...I mean..heh bad, Im not Seraph

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lord Kinbote posted:

Hi Moma,what do you think of Bens diary,does it bother you?I only bought the Aurora package,no big deal,but as a person who's invested alot more than I am,what do you think?I showed my brother and other half the poo poo he was writing and they thought it was disgusting and I felt the same,what do you think?

Of course it does. I'm a human being and some of that poo poo is messed up. That said, let me ask you: are you still the same person you were 10 years ago? I mean sure: you likely have similar personality traits but life has probably taught you how not to act like a loving idiot to some degree no? What he wrote is in the past. Let that be a lesson for others to not write stupid poo poo on the Internet.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

spacetoaster posted:

How late in your 20's do you have to be to not be considered a teen anymore?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Wait, hold the phone, Ben thought a 10 year old girl was attractive? What the hell has been going on the past 2000 posts aka like 12 hours

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

lol, your posts are total crap. I am sure plenty of members will post the same but this is not a hivemind thing. You really, really suck at this posting business.

Like, more than fifty percent of your posts are about you, why the gently caress should we care about what you do or think? like, yes, I get you're toast and are related somehow to this SC poo poo but at least ben, lando, sandi, at the other detritus is somewhat interesting.

You guys made it so by asking me the most stupid questions and twisting my words. I want to talk about SC.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Wait, hold the phone, Ben thought a 10 year old girl was attractive? What the hell has been going on the past 200 posts aka like 12 hours

It was an anime girl, she probably was a thousand year old tsundere witch.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Of course it does. I'm a human being and some of that poo poo is messed up. That said, let me ask you: are you still the same person you were 10 years ago? I mean sure: you likely have similar personality traits but life has probably taught you how not to act like a loving idiot to some degree no? What he wrote is in the past. Let that be a lesson for others to not write stupid poo poo on the Internet.

7 years ago isn't all that much when you are in in your mid 30's you loving idiot.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 17, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hezzy posted:

The sheer mental gymnastics involved in the average Star Shitizen's head for dismissing the Lesnick website is baffling. The whole spectrum ranges from "Well, Hitler was a good leader" to "This is an elaborate goon hoax"

How

Why

What

REMEMBER HOW YEARS AGO DEREK MAYBE PUNCHED A COKE MACHINE? THAT MAKES HIM BAD

oh, Ben said terrible poo poo years ago? thats a long time, he could be a completely different person now

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

ten years ago I would have been 17. I managed to not stalk anyone, have thousands of racists quotes posted on a website or talk about how much I wanted to have sex with 10 year olds.

Ben was in his twenties.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 17, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys made it so by asking me the most stupid questions and twisting my words. I want to talk about SC.

If you want to talk about SC then talk about SC. Be the change you want to see.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
if only someone made a zip tie i could WEAR

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, you totally fooled everybody then! And here I thought you were just a stupid idiot, but if you want to talk about SC then this is the thread!

:justpost: I am sure your insights about SC will be as interesting as yourself.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah, I remember my mid-twenties, when I was a racist paedophile. Just a stage we all go through I guess.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

RescueFreak posted:

That's because he doesn't think he has anything to apologize for, he was just told to do it. He looks back at that stuff as hijinks of a young man on the internet, and he wants to keep it around because it reminds him of the good old days when you could talk about hitler, lusting after 10 year olds, and hatred of minorities without anyone getting offended.

He was still an adult for the majority of it. Ok, so he was super angry for a period of time. That happens to people, I can sort of empathize. I doubt it was for years though. And he has years of quotes from himself (YEARS!) saying racist, sexist, pedophile, homophobic poo poo! If it was just a few quotes out of context or from a small window in time, sure, it could be excusable. But from what I understand they cover what, a decade or so? And most of them contain some sort of context.

He talks about idolizing Lowtax (which is strange in that Lowtax has a sense of humor and isn't some dumb fanboy) as, what I'm assuming, an attempt to gain some sort of goon sympathy. But Lowtax and SA has never been about talking about Hitler's good ideas or loving children or jews all working in holocaust museums.

Hey Ben, apologize for the lovely things you said. We all know you're reading this. I don't care what the PR handlers tell you to do. Just loving apologize. Do it.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
If only there were excuse that people who were (are) terrible people and want to feel like theyve grown could use to justify this...

It would be even better if it meant I could avoid confronting dark, disturbing poo poo

...And it would be even easier if I could make a snap decision based on a synopsis of what happened, instead of reading through that filth and realizing "nope".

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 17, 2016

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

REMEMBER HOW YEARS AGO DEREK MAYBE PUNCHED A COKE MACHINE? THAT MAKES HIM BAD

oh, Ben said terrible poo poo years ago? thats a long time, he could be a completely different person now

I was arguing my own corner with my own opinions on Facepunch and was instantly branded a Derek Smart follower / lover.

There aren't sides to pick, I just think that CIG spends money on poo poo and are incompetent. That doesn't mean I support Derek. I do like him and the stuff he comes out with, but I feel when I post my opinions I am being impartial.

It's like loving DoubleThink or some poo poo.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

He said it was funny and good stuff.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

AlmightyPants posted:

Did anyone send Ben quotes to Batgirl?

I might be a crusty old internet person who has said some vile poo poo in my time, but even going back and looking at it from the perspective of my younger self, even I couldn't fathom the hosed uppitude of what Ben wrote. I see some of the shills in this thread trying to derail Ben-ghazi already but it isn't gonna work fuckers. The public face of your company just got caught saying extremely bad poo poo as an adult who should know better.

I think this is going to be a very interesting next few days if what EightAce and Derek seem to think will happen happens. I have no idea what the hell it is, but goddamn am I looking forward to finding out! Star Citizen truly is the best game I've never spent any money on and never played due to its ability to produce endless entertainment.

I don't think I'm a shill but I just literally don't give a gently caress about Ben's blog of shame. I mean I skipped 30 pages so maybe I missed the juicy parts. Pictures of the weather girl on TV though? I kinda don't give a gently caress and it's confusing that everyone keeps banging on that drum. Maybe I missed the album which was pictures from a hidden camera in her shower, that would explain the reaction beautifully

I don't want anyone to not :justpost: what their heart desires so I'm not saying stop - I just personally can't taste the flavor on this desiccated cat turd. I mean it's plain as day that Ben is a really damaged human being and I guess I've become numb to that.

I guess if there's stuff on another level of disturbing it will appear before me very soon! :neckbeard:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Wait, hold the phone, Ben thought a 10 year old girl was attractive? What the hell has been going on the past 2000 posts aka like 12 hours

I want to bang Misty. #17,033

I want to catch all the Pokemon fish, so Misty will notice me. "Oh, my", she'll say, "your Waillord is so big." Then, with the help of the glass-making guy, I'll give her my pink rod. #21,635

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hezzy posted:

I was arguing my own corner with my own opinions on Facepunch and was instantly branded a Derek Smart follower / lover.

There aren't sides to pick, I just think that CIG spends money on poo poo and are incompetent. That doesn't mean I support Derek. I do like him and the stuff he comes out with, but I feel when I post my opinions I am being impartial.

It's like loving DoubleThink or some poo poo.

yeah, ultimately I'm not pro-Derek or anti-CIG, I'm just pro-internet trainwreck, and thats what CIG gives me

I do like Derek a lot more today than I did when he first started posting though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

I want to bang Misty. #17,033

I want to catch all the Pokemon fish, so Misty will notice me. "Oh, my", she'll say, "your Waillord is so big." Then, with the help of the glass-making guy, I'll give her my pink rod. #21,635

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

so how was Ben handling it all at the celebratory meal(s) today?

Also Did you notice how MONEY was sitting all the way at the other end of the table?...what if he read some of those offensive "jokes"? awkward!

• Locked thread