Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

So without using my power, I am actually inclined to believe Gulag right now. He knows that I've claimed lie detector and if there is a lie in this statement, he has to know that I'll find out about it.

lol what was his other option though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

lol what was his other option though?

He could have just refused to say anything like GG did yesterday.

As I said, I'm up for using my power here, but ultimately I'll let the town decide.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and at least one of gulag or punt is scum soo i would say use the lie detector, or lynch gulag or punt

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and im fine with setting up a chain lynch here because there is no way one of the 2 isn't lying here

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

they didn't know it was a OPG yesterday from what I can tell from your filter

Although this is a good point, I actually thought I had mentioned that my ability was OPG before today, so maybe keeping it is the better option.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I kind of have a plan for tonight, but it would require me getting protected tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Also, I kind of have a plan for tonight, but it would require me getting protected tonight.

Like we could use the threat of my lie detection if I survive the night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think we can safely lunch Gulag. I know the miller argument but that is highly contingent on a tracker tracking someone and then that particular player using their power the same night. Beyond that ability, reading through GD's history all I see is scum mostly loving around and trying to appear like they are around.

I'm at a play and will wait, but we should vote him. If people really don't want to do that (why wouldn't you?), we should still be focusing on the dam and the people that were there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But not lunching gulag is a bad idea, for the record.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
We need to not be dumb.lynch gulag and save tmm's power for someone that makes a new pr claim

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure that scum are going to be looking for me tonight to remove my ability from the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'm pretty sure that scum are going to be looking for me tonight to remove my ability from the game.

Not if you can be in an area without scum in it :eng101:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Not if you can be in an area without scum in it :eng101:

Yeah, but there's no way to guarantee that I can find that area.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I was at the pods and I can confirm TMMadman was at the pods.

Thank you and God bless.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hi I've been at a beer festival today

I can confirm Rurea was at the mall and there was no one else

Also consider this a vote for gulag obvious scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That just leaves MMT and Azuth whose locations are unaccounted for right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm probably not going to be posting much for the rest of today, since it looks like Gulag is going to get voted off and I am exhausted from a day long dodgeball tournament.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm exhausted from a day of drinking and I'm also doing trivia come join us!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I'm probably not going to be posting much for the rest of today, since it looks like Gulag is going to get voted off and I am exhausted from a day long dodgeball tournament.

Before you go, did you search as well? Did you find anything?

I'm a little surprised that you saw me, but not chaos.

I'm thinking that Keane is likely to be town at this point, regardless of his answers. I would think that since I made my lie detection known yesterday (and on D1), if Keane was scum he would have likely killed me thinking that nobody else was at the Pods.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Infinitum posted:

Actually me obfuscating my location is actually detrimental to what we want to achieve with this.
I was at The Gates last night, figured every man and his dog would be back at the Dam.

:siren: Everyone post your location, if you spot someone lying about theirs it'll help weed them out :siren:

The Dam List.
- Puntification
- Gulag
- FL
- Max

We need a complete list of people at the Dam and we can the list for potential lynch candidates.
Did anyone get attacked last night?

I went to the burbs and saw no one. I also failed to find anything. The burbs really are poo poo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but there's no way to guarantee that I can find that area.

I may be able to help.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Azuth0667 posted:

I went to the burbs and saw no one. I also failed to find anything. The burbs really are poo poo.

coulda told you that already.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I failed to find anything too

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, ##vote gulag.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Infinitum's posts make sense:

##vote gulagdolls

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, so right now, we don't know where MMT was last night. And we don't know the actions of Keane, MMT, Rarity or Viva.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got 2 days, lets see what everyone says

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm catching up to the game in a car on a phone with bad internet but for the sake off checking in I was alone downtown last night. I will be back home in a few hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm catching up to the game in a car on a phone with bad internet but for the sake off checking in I was alone downtown last night. I will be back home in a few hours.

Take your time. I am going to assume you searched.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And I believe the only person who hasn't checked into the thread today is Viva. She didn't check in during D2 either, but it was a pretty short day.

While I do agree that Gulag is probably the best lynch (unless I use my lie detector ability and find he is telling the truth), I don't think there is any real reason to rush the lynch because it's the weekend.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Just lie detect me now

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I don't really see the scum motivation for Punt lying here.

Max posted:

Beyond that ability, reading through GD's history all I see is scum mostly loving around and trying to appear like they are around.

oh...word?

did no one else attack anyone?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Alright, so right now, we don't know where MMT was last night. And we don't know the actions of Keane, MMT, Rarity or Viva.

I didn't do or get anything useful last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm phonebound until tomorrow.

TMMadman posted:

Take your time. I am going to assume you searched.

Good assumption :)

I agree with the gulag vote. I'm mildly suspicious of punti because he doesn't seem like he's acting like someone who 100% caught scum (which is what I would assume town punti would be thinking given gulags claim) and seems like he's more going with the flow than leading he charge. but to me I'm willing to accept that that's explainable by it being the weekend + people already seeming to agree on gulag.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think we should lynch scum. i dont know if gulag is scum. lie detector him

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Rurea posted:

I think we should lynch scum. i dont know if gulag is scum. lie detector him

Lie detector only works if gulag legit says, I AM NOT SCUM
Since he knows we have a lie detector there is gently caress all chance he will do that.

Alternatively. We lynch him because of his skill, worse case? We miss a lynch, we already got a nice one earlier, so where WAY In the lead now. WE can afford a few mislynches (Which i doubt this is)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimson posted:

Lie detector only works if gulag legit says, I AM NOT SCUM
Since he knows we have a lie detector there is gently caress all chance he will do that.

Alternatively. We lynch him because of his skill, worse case? We miss a lynch, we already got a nice one earlier, so where WAY In the lead now. WE can afford a few mislynches (Which i doubt this is)

You are incorrect. I've already stated that I can't directly test alignment.

I can test the validity of claims or flavor though.

So Gulag's post here:

GulagDolls posted:

My doom squad ability lets me halve someone's defense as I attack them. I attacked Punt.

Is something that would be perfect for me to test. It would come back as either completely true or there would be a lie in it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

TMMadman posted:

You are incorrect. I've already stated that I can't directly test alignment.

I can test the validity of claims or flavor though.

So Gulag's post here:

Is something that would be perfect for me to test. It would come back as either completely true or there would be a lie in it.

Problem is, the detector doesn't really tell us what he is lying about. The Mod can, by virtue of how lie-detector works decide what, they return a false positive on. He could just say, nah that's not how his skill works, and not touch on the fact that he may or may not have attacked someone. (Which yeah, if they're gonna lie about what the skill does what else are they gonna lie about.)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimson posted:

Problem is, the detector doesn't really tell us what he is lying about. The Mod can, by virtue of how lie-detector works decide what, they return a false positive on. He could just say, nah that's not how his skill works, and not touch on the fact that he may or may not have attacked someone. (Which yeah, if they're gonna lie about what the skill does what else are they gonna lie about.)

I'm going to bed in a little bit and will sleep on my decision, but I think it's pretty clear in my PM about what I can check and what I can expect to get as results. That is why I asked GG to make a simple statement yesterday and why I asked Gulag to pare down his claim to just those two sentences. There isn't any ambiguity in his post as it states two things: One, his power name and what it does and two, that he attacked Punt. So either it comes back as the complete truth or we hang him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol jimson u crazy

• Locked thread