Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Don't worry, nobody is doing it on PS4 either.

I get bluecop assistance every time on PS4. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where do you get the ring that extends the duration of spell effects?

EDIT: So I just reached the Untended Graves.

gently caress not the harpy groups again :negative:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sunbroing in spoilertown and I got summoned by one guy who was lagging so badly the boss just floated there the entire time and did nothing while I wailed on it with lightning bladed Astora Straight Sword hits. Weird poo poo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Emalde posted:

I get bluecop assistance every time on PS4. :shrug:

It's not getting bluecop assistance that's the problem, it's being the bluecop.

That part is almost impossible.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ahhhhh pyromancy is such a huge crutch. I just beat Nameless King on what felt like pure luck. Doesn't even feel good.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The faith vendor is gone!?!?!?! Where is she!!! Googling says to check out the first boss's bonfire but I'm not seeing her, can anyone tell me where specifically to look?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's not getting bluecop assistance that's the problem, it's being the bluecop.

That part is almost impossible.

Yeah, this. Anyone wearing WotB is going to get multiple bluecops the second they are invaded because there's like a 1000:1 ratio of people wearing Sentinel / Darkmoon to people wearing WotB. I've had a bluecop emblem equipped for the entire game and I've been summoned 3 times, all at the very beginning of the game. It's broken as gently caress.

a cop posted:

The faith vendor is gone!?!?!?! Where is she!!!

Go to the tower where naked ninja master was. Edit: unless you gave her the dark faith tomes, in which case go to the tutorial boss bonfire.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 17, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Haha, the Avelyn is just as good as it was in the other game. Shame it's at the tail end of the game, this thing is hilarious.

I still can't quit piece together the significance of the Untended Graves area, and what it apparently has to do with Ludleth???

From what I've gathered, Iudex Gundyr was SUPPOSED to be the Champion of Ash, but YOU beat him, so he becomes a coiled sword sheath for a while until you come along in the future/present to take it. But then that means this area is the past, and you were never supposed to be the chosen one. I mean, time IS convoluted, but THAT convoluted? I can't parse together what the connection Ludleth has with a fire keeper though, beyond him being a former chosen one and obviously he had someone giving him level ups.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

a cop posted:

The faith vendor is gone!?!?!?! Where is she!!!

You probably shouldn't have given her Dark aspected Necronomicon tomes...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You probably shouldn't have given her Dark aspected Necronomicon tomes...

ok but where is she!!!!!!!

e: nvm, I think I'm on the right path...

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Can Dancer's grab attack just not be dodged? Did they just decide that this one attack in the history of the game needs to ignore iframes? I really want this fight to go away.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

The boss of Untended Graves is the hardest thing I have fought in this game so far. That was a learning experience. :shepicide:

Also bluecopping is a loving myth on PC.

I seem to get summoned relatively often when I cop. I did mess with my matchmaking settings, though...maybe those have an effect?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Gologle posted:

Haha, the Avelyn is just as good as it was in the other game. Shame it's at the tail end of the game, this thing is hilarious.

I still can't quit piece together the significance of the Untended Graves area, and what it apparently has to do with Ludleth???

From what I've gathered, Iudex Gundyr was SUPPOSED to be the Champion of Ash, but YOU beat him, so he becomes a coiled sword sheath for a while until you come along in the future/present to take it. But then that means this area is the past, and you were never supposed to be the chosen one. I mean, time IS convoluted, but THAT convoluted? I can't parse together what the connection Ludleth has with a fire keeper though, beyond him being a former chosen one and obviously he had someone giving him level ups.

As far as I can tell, it's just an alternate reality Firelink Shrine, because that's how the Dark Souls universe works. The entire place is identical, right down to the names inscribed on the thrones.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I seem to get summoned relatively often when I cop. I did mess with my matchmaking settings, though...maybe those have an effect?

Mess with them how?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I wish I noticed the Titanite Slab for sale had a little (1) in the corner because I spent it on something really loving stupid.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Wasn't expecting time transitions like Bloodborne but apparently some zones have (late game spoilers) the eclipse after going to lothric castle. Checked out the high wall and undead settlement and both have an eclipsed sun now too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

as a Mound Maker, gently caress ya'll fun police

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

argondamn posted:

Ahhhhh pyromancy is such a huge crutch.

What's the secret thing to making it not suck? I bailed on it after the second boss because nothing stood still long enough to cast and having 24/24 didn't do enough damage to even bother. Been rolling through the game with a fire rear end since then.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Babe Magnet posted:

Hey a mound maker invaded me, killed my fun police, then disappeared and I didn't read the message but it looked like it said "the mad phantom saw something more interesting and peaced out" what did that message really say?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Nihilarian posted:

Also, it seems kinda lovely to lock respeccing behind what appears to be an evil covenant that's mutually exclusive with another covenant

You can be in both.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What exactly am I suppose to at the graves where the messages say "let there be light"? Holding a torch did nothing.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, this. Anyone wearing WotB is going to get multiple bluecops the second they are invaded because there's like a 1000:1 ratio of people wearing Sentinel / Darkmoon to people wearing WotB. I've had a bluecop emblem equipped for the entire game and I've been summoned 3 times, all at the very beginning of the game. It's broken as gently caress.

I'm sitting in an invasion disguised as a moment and watching blue cops feed themselves to the invader. Ya'll are terrible at your job.

EDIT: aw he found me

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 17, 2016

Magner
Oct 21, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

As someone who wanted to be a Mound Maker - gently caress that easy Testicle Tree

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

my one time i got called as a farron dude the other day, i wound up in a shitpit with a phantom, a mad phantom, an invander, and the host.

i killed the phantom and then both the mound maker and the dark phantom teamed up on me. the mound guy i can get but the loving dark dude confused me, especially when the host just loving parked his rear end on a cliff nearby to watch. i escaped from the pair and attacked the host but died. got close but i had no estus and he did and gently caress its hard to keep people from chugging that poo poo. as i died i noted the mound rear end in a top hat running up the cliff to save his buddy.

my other experience with mound makers was being invaded by one, summoning a phantom, and having the phantom get killed by the invader and then the mound dude vanishing. which was satisfactory, really.

in short gently caress u mound dudes, especially since i missed my chance to get in that covenant because i didnt spoil myself until it was too late.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How do I get past double dragons? All of the paths I've tried have been dead ends. Is there a cleverly disguised switch/lever somewhere?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cthulhuite posted:

I'm really having trouble :(

Played and completed Dark Souls 2, had fun, was fairly good - never really had too much trouble, some spots I might die and redo 10+ times but it was always because I didn't have the enemy patterns down and I could feel myself improving the more I played.

I've been playing 3 for the last couple of days and I cannot get good, I die all the time, or I get smashed to bits and have to use all of my estus within 2 minutes of spawning and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I can't get further than the second bonfire on the walls of Lothric and I feel like there's some fundamental thing I'm not getting.

I'm playing a Knight, tried going two handed or sword and board, doesn't make much difference. I kinda feel like there isn't enough room to roll about like there was in DS2? And I just get shield broken a lot if I try defending.

Any tips? Videos I can watch? Something I'm missing?

I'm not exactly good at these games, but a few tips for "Casual playing knight made it through the Walls pretty okay".

The mutating guys? gently caress em, just run past them. You can prevent their transform if you kill the low health hollow fast enough, but gently caress it run past. The one closer to the start has a longbow to loot near it, so if you don't have that yet just make a run in to loot it even if you can't escape.

Knights will get interrupted for most of their attacks if you hit them before they hit you. If they don't have their shield at the ready then you can learn to beat them to the punch between praying you can parry. If they go into the fancy stance get ready to dodge, because that poo poo will guard break you from full stamina, and they will have enough extra poise to not care about one longsword hit when like that. That shield shove of theirs will eat a ton of stamina if you block it, too.

I tend to default to Longsword just because of how friendly it is to muscle memory., then switch out to my other weapons once I'm familiar with enemies. Started with the longsword against knights because it's easier to sneak in hits, then transitioned to whatever the hell I felt like. Repeat in new areas.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, the dragon torso stone is certainly a lot more, uh, noticeably not just armor this time around, although apparently it's effectively playing naked and with no ability to equip armor?

Also, question:
Where do I get the gesture needed to reach the dragon peak?

I can't recall what page it was on, but someone linked a quick rundown of all the NPC sidequests on gamefaqs a ways back in the thread, but I lost the link and forgot to bookmark it. If anyone remembers which page of the thread it was on, I'd appreciate it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Thinkin' bout making a Patches, where are some good areas to troll hosts? Catacombs has a very obvious bridge and some traps, but nothing else really comes to mind.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

As far as I can tell, it's just an alternate reality Firelink Shrine, because that's how the Dark Souls universe works. The entire place is identical, right down to the names inscribed on the thrones.

My favorite part of going in there was the shrine maiden just being like, "what the gently caress are you doing here? Haha sucks to be you!" Also the fire keepers eyes, which you give to the fire keeper, but in that world its dark, and you're using the eyes to bring the dark world, so basically the only reason it can happen is because it happened before!?

Also I just beat it, some thoughts, It seems that the final boss is the player character from ds1? kinda cool. Also why was all the civilization mashed together into a gray hellscape? Why did the sun turn into the darksign? Why did the world go completely black when I put out the fire?

Cant wait to get into NG+ and undo the fuckups I did previously

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Where do you get the ring that extends the duration of spell effects?

If I remember correctly...Giant crab in Farron's Keep drops it. Go to the final bonfire before you get out of the swamp proper and turn left.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

I'm gonna be honest with you.
I'm not sober enough to be able to keep track of the specific enemies around me.
So at farron keep it's either slugs or giant assholes what gently caress me up.
I'm gonna go invest on that sweat pyromancy that increases my poison resist

Here

you

mother

fuckin

go

Obvs. super lovely and not to scale, and doesn't include items but that's the general layout!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Build Questions, if I want to do Hexing / Sorcery and be relevant in PvP how should I build my character? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should value strength or Dex more, what are the caps for magic builds, and whether INT or FAITH is more important. I know there are items that scale with both, but can't I use the Sage Coal upgrades to make it better with one or the other. Is it ok / good to take a good weapon and slap INT or Faith scaling on it? I have almost 20 strength, almost 20 Vigor, and I don't want to rebirth for the good ending or whatever.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mazerunner posted:

Here

you

mother

fuckin

go

Obvs. super lovely and not to scale, and doesn't include items but that's the general layout!

:stare: This looks accurate but it's not at all how I would've pictured it being laid out. This owns, thanks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is it normal for the body ball in Catacombs to die? While backtracking the first one, on the stairwell, went past me, and rather than come back up it blew up at the bottom and dropped an undead bone shard.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mailer posted:

What's the secret thing to making it not suck? I bailed on it after the second boss because nothing stood still long enough to cast and having 24/24 didn't do enough damage to even bother. Been rolling through the game with a fire rear end since then.

My current setup is Great Swamp Ring + Witch's Ring + Fire Clutch Ring + Sage Ring at 30/30 with a +10 flame. My damage got exponentially better right around the Abyss Watcher fight. Great Chaos Fire Orb is amazing. I did go through the first 3 or 4 bosses doing basically nothing in terms of damage though, putting all my titanite into my flame and all my souls into int/faith.

I still use a weapon for most things but enemies that are hard to handle I can typically one-shot with a Great Chaos Fire Orb.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

My favorite part of going in there was the shrine maiden just being like, "what the gently caress are you doing here? Haha sucks to be you!" Also the fire keepers eyes, which you give to the fire keeper, but in that world its dark, and you're using the eyes to bring the dark world, so basically the only reason it can happen is because it happened before!?

Also I just beat it, some thoughts, It seems that the final boss is the player character from ds1? kinda cool. Also why was all the civilization mashed together into a gray hellscape? Why did the sun turn into the darksign? Why did the world go completely black when I put out the fire?

Cant wait to get into NG+ and undo the fuckups I did previously

Rewatch the opening cutscene of DS1 and consider what that might suggest regarding the implications of quenching the First Flame :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

The Shortest Path posted:

How do I get past double dragons? All of the paths I've tried have been dead ends. Is there a cleverly disguised switch/lever somewhere?

Check underneath the bridge. I believe it's the right side (your right) that leads to where you want to go, but I could be misremembering. Actually I think both sides get past the dragons, just where you end is is different.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I didn't even know there was a crab in Farron and I've done multiple sweeps of that place. God I hate it so much.

VVV that's why he is the king

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That is straight bullshit that old demon king's fire attacks go right through the architecture.

Is that a bug? :wtf:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The right side goes into the part where a bunch of ninja dudes drop down on you and then when you keep going there are a few items and a fat blue guy, then you drop down to right next to the bonfire again.

The left side brings you to behind where the dragons are, there's a frost knight dude and a bunch of chests and some generic enemies, but the big gate is closed and I couldn't find any other exits.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Rewatch the opening cutscene of DS1 and consider what that might suggest regarding the implications of quenching the First Flame :v:

........oh

There is no winning, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
My take on the world map being smushed together is that it's a literal representation of the various lands drifting in and out of phase with one another. You can actually see some recognizable buildings in the mess, including the cathedral where you fight the demon tree.