Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Holy poo poo Despacio sounds loving phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

Stream's live and you can customize your schedule so your selected artists autoplay when they go on.

It's a bummer that I can't be there but at least getting to watch it at home is pretty sweet :shobon:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hope everyone on the stream is watching HEALTH on channel 3. The song playing right now kicks so much rear end live.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

air- posted:

Hope everyone on the stream is watching HEALTH on channel 3. The song playing right now kicks so much rear end live.
Yeah I am and yeah it does. I saw them in November and it was a loving blast. Their drummer is a beast.

Their shows give off so much energy but it looks like the crowd is fairly dead which is unfortunate.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also hearing rumblings of Gallant bringing out Seal. I'm not sure what to watch between now and then!\

e: Foals. Sounding quite good.

air- fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 16, 2016

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

air- posted:

Also hearing rumblings of Gallant bringing out Seal. I'm not sure what to watch between now and then!\

e: Foals. Sounding quite good.

Foals also went waaaay over their set time. Apparently the stage manager threatened to call the cops to get them off stage.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

Foals also went waaaay over their set time. Apparently the stage manager threatened to call the cops to get them off stage.

Such short breaks in between sets was one thing I specifically didn't like about Coachella. The first day of weekend 1 when Outkast brought out Killer Mike for The Whole World, then got cut off, was rather heartbreaking.

The energy between Foals/Gallant/Christine and the Queens makes every channel feel like :effort: right now

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LCD Soundsytem playing Bowie's Heroes :swoon:

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

and doing it justice

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Art Core...velay posted:

and doing it justice
Yeah, this is seriously one of the best covers of it I've ever heard. Of course it would be with these guys doing it.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Mayor Dave posted:

To be fair Foals are one of the better live acts around these days, so I'm all for them going over their super tight 50 minute allotted slot. And cutting the sound when you're in the crowd on your last song is kinda lovely.

But yeah, festivals.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Underworld was way better than even the hype. Just wow.

Also Ellie Goulding was the real deal.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

aw gently caress that's awesome

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Underworld being rebroadcasted on channel 3! They just played Dark and Long :aaa:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I see RTJ fans are just as.. hell, possibly MORE sleepy than when I saw 'em in 2014!

Bernie, Gangsta Boo, DJ Shadow, Despot, AND Nas for gently caress's sake, what more do these people want

e2: + Boots + Jon Snow

I'd almost have fomo if they'd thrown in some meow the jewels

air- fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 17, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

air- posted:

I see RTJ fans are just as.. hell, possibly MORE sleepy than when I saw 'em in 2014!
I saw 'em in like October and the crowd was alive as hell then. Granted, this was in an intimate club and not at a festival.

That new RTJ3 track was dope. Can't wait to hear the rest.

I've seen RTJ twice myself and they always put on a super fun show.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Ahahahah Matoma just brought out Ja Rule and Sean Paul, channel 3 NOW

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Is it known whether GnR is going to be on the YouTube stream?

Is that what the 12:40 a.m. "Special Performance" on Channel 1 is? Just a placeholder so if Axl feels like showing up before curfew they can put them on?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Ice Cube is loving bad

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

LionYeti posted:

Ice Cube is loving bad
Maybe, but watching the sea of twenty-something white kids singing along with "gently caress tha Police" warms my frozen heart.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionYeti posted:

Ice Cube is loving bad
I didn't know he played shows with MC Ren and DJ Yella until a little while ago. That's pretty cool.

Watching Purity Ring now.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So channel 1 is playing the silversun pickups interview. Uh isnt gnr supposed to be playing any minute now?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

So channel 1 is playing the silversun pickups interview. Uh isnt gnr supposed to be playing any minute now?

Stream isn't live.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
They're apparently going to stream the very end of the GnR set after everything else an hour from now: https://twitter.com/coachella/status/721558584199254016

Edit: Make that "after everything else" on Channel 1, 'cause it looks like Shamir and RL Grimes are scheduled to go until 1 on Channels 2 & 3.

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 17, 2016

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I love Silversun Pickups, but the sound mix was terrible for the first half of their set. It eventually got worked out and they sounded great for the last few songs.

air- posted:

Stream isn't live.
This was really confusing me at first, because Coachella's schedule doesn't show up in the YouTube mobile app, so I was going by the live schedule, which is a few hours off and has been rearranged a bit.

This was compounded by the fact that they never took Lush (the main band I wanted to watch this weekend) off the website when it was discovered that their visas were delayed and they're only playing weekend #2.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Axl's lookin rough but it sounds pretty good.

jollygrinch
Apr 16, 2004

Anesthesia. Mona Lisa. I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.

FetusSlapper posted:

Axl's lookin rough but it sounds pretty good.

Yeah, it doesn't sound bad. This contraption they've built for him is killing me though. Every time that kleenex box jiggles I lose it.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
stayed up to watch the GNR stream and they only showed 2 songs, bummer... would've been rad to have seen more.

I want a trip report from whoever saw LeMaitre live.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Run the Jewels slayed (Nas, DJ Shadow, Gary Clark Jr appearances)
Best CHVRCHES show I've seen
Courtney Barnett was so drat enjoyable, perfect placement
Not a big Disclosure fan but loved it. Lorde!
Huge Silversun fan, didn't disappoint. Crowd loved them.
ZHU was great. Sexy as gently caress, and a dope Bone Thugs appearance

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Once Lauren got a working mic, that set just took the gently caress off and it's great seeing how she's become a stronger performer. Closing with that stripped down Mother We Share must've been something special to witness live.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Hudmo playing some Dawn Richard :getin:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I like Calvin Harris but this is really underwhelming.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

keevo posted:

I like Calvin Harris but this is really underwhelming.

His set is literally indistinguishable from Zedd''s set last night.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I didn't watch his set from last night but I'm assuming it's pretty much the same set he always plays. I've always liked his lighting/visuals over the other mainstream EDM guys.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Well, I was not expecting Sia/Flume/Calvin Harris to be absolute mindfucks. Calvin mainly for the new screens on the main stage(his drops were way too abrasive and repetitive imo. Very different feel from his 2014 set)

what did I even witness at Flume? When he pulled that poo poo with the drumpad I've never been so confused in my life... then he ends with the most perfect 2 songs. (the Kai song, good lord. She said it best about feeling the vibe, probably the most magical "Coachella" moment I've felt there in my 7 years)

Sia... sounded great and the performance art was next level but those interludes were so unsettling.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 18, 2016

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Help settle a debate - how old is too old to go to this? Looking for general impressions but if anyone has seen empirical data to support anyone under 35 would be fine that would be beautiful.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

Help settle a debate - how old is too old to go to this? Looking for general impressions but if anyone has seen empirical data to support anyone under 35 would be fine that would be beautiful.

Well if you ask these types of questions then you already know the answer.

Who cares how old you are just go if you want and enjoy yourself. Unless you need approval from the youth then I guess you're hosed

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm 29 and I went. There were a myriad of people both much much older and much much younger. I saw a couple with their little girl who was no older than 5. I talked to a guy at GnR pushing 50 who was convinced Axl was a, "rock god sitting in his THRONE (the chair apparatus they made for his broken leg) owning all these kids".

It's a free expression festival, I wouldn't be concerned with how old you are. This isn't EDC.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Does anybody have any experience buying a weekend pass on the cheap from a desperate seller on the last day of the festival? Does that sort of thing ever happen?

Would love to catch Despacio for the price of $not 350. Going only Friday would be ideal, but it would be tough to swing that (RIP single-day tickets).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Hello people I have returned from the festival and here to answer any questions you may have and what you've seen on your computer\tv screens. Next week youtube is launching their 360 live streams of weekend 2. Get those headsets my dudes!!!

Vernacular posted:

Does anybody have any experience buying a weekend pass on the cheap from a desperate seller on the last day of the festival? Does that sort of thing ever happen?

Would love to catch Despacio for the price of $not 350. Going only Friday would be ideal, but it would be tough to swing that (RIP single-day tickets).

Yes, you can snag a wristband like the day of for people who are trying to just get SOME money back. Seen it all the time.

Seeing james murphy and 2manyDJ mix for about ~8 hours every day over 3 days is worth it.

• Locked thread