Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SabinBlitz posted:

Can I get the twitter link of him saying he doesn't apologize for it? I'm looking for it too but off chance you already have it..I can only find the initial post and the one about a spider page.

There is also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

flyboi posted:

Going to have to agree with toops on this, poutine is meh at best. Beef gravy on french fries is a crime... Never mind how fast it becomes a soggy mess of sadness

The only appropriate food is hotdogs with ketchup, relish, and mustard.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Goobs posted:

you motherfuckers need poutine in your life. like, real poutine.

Americans can't get real poutine, but we do have Waffle House below the Mason-Dixon line.

Triple order with 3+ toppings or :getout:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Breetai posted:

Honestly I'm looking forward to the little quality of life upgrades in the form of the shop categories and the actual numerical weapon stats almost as much as the expanded content.

P.S.

Ya Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did

He is the 1% like rate!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Goobs posted:

i feel like i don't even know who you are anymore.

Every time I try to eat poutine I go BLEEHH and let it dribble out of my mouth if that helps.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Maybe it's just lovely American poutine idk

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

quoting this because it needs to be on this page

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

According to an reliable source, the origin of the moniker 'Bandit' is Ben's childhood dog of the same name.

Makes you wonder, what with his quotes about poop probably tasting good.

Maybe he ate one of Bandits... loafs. ...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toops posted:

Every time I try to eat poutine I go BLEEHH and let it dribble out of my mouth if that helps.

Is it a really thick sauce? That's the worst.

Tell you what, you ever make it to Canada, I'll buy you a poutine - with bacon and hamburger meat on it!

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Shindler could put together an amazing CS team,Ben would get jewed all day.

VAC

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

skaboomizzy posted:

Americans can't get real poutine, but we do have Waffle House below the Mason-Dixon line.

Looks amazing. 2:20 am and I want this in my life.

Toops posted:

I am arouse.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

i feel like im there.

I...I tried, but I can't.

Because...

Because...

Naked Ben...

<runs away flailing his arms and weeping like a schoolgirl>

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Preechr posted:

"Ben, I'm sorry that it's come to this, but we need more time," Croberts explained, gesticulating wildly.
"But, but Chris, you can't-" Ben stammered through a veil of tears.
Croberts cut him off. "Time to realize the dreams, to make them real. You, of all people, should understand that."
"But I've given everything to you, to your dream!"
"You have given me disappointment, Ben. There is but one way now you can redeem yourself, and still serve me. See to it."
With a sob, the spheroid meat mass stumbled his way out of the office, towards home.

It took hours, but finally his preparations were complete. As he settled into the tub, Ben took in the pictures of Kerri Lee taped to the walls. She can't ignore me now, he thought to himself. He lifted the chain of his necklace over his head with an air of solemnity. Grasping his Pilgrim's Cross, he closed his eyes and prayed.
My life for the Stimperor.
Ben pressed the switch on the face of the cross and a small blade sprung from the bottom. He set it firmly against his left wrist and bore down upon it. The dull blade of the cheap movie prop sank deep into the voluminous blubber surrounding his wrist, but did not cut. Grunting, he applied all the might he could muster. With a tinny *twang* the blade snapped at the tang and flew across the bathroom, skittering out of reach under the sink.
Sweet Croberts, I'll have to find another way, he thought to himself. With a grunt, he attempted to rise, but the tub would not release its grasp. He had filled it so completely that he had formed an airtight seal. It wasn't until after another hour of futile attempts to exit the tub that the true horror of his predicament set in. No one would come for him. His wife had left him days earlier upon hearing the news. He couldn't escape under his own power. He couldn't even end himself. Water he had aplenty, but no food. He was going to starve to death... and at his weight, he would spend months doing it.

The last thing he ever saw as the candles burned down was the mocking smile of Kerri Lee.

Oh my god.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

skaboomizzy posted:

Idk my hometown in Indiana had a Waffle House and it was a great post-bar stop but gross if you were remotely sober.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Tell you what, you ever make it to Canada, I'll buy you a poutine - with bacon and hamburger meat on it!

People don't realize the squeaky cheese curds make like 90% of a good poutine

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I WILL FIGHT YOU

I love you both, but...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I...I tried, but I can't.

Because...

Because...

Naked Ben...

<runs away flailing his arms and weeping like a schoolgirl>

*plays with belly button as he reads the story again* huehuehue

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

flyboi posted:

Idk my hometown in Indiana had a Waffle House and it was a great post-bar stop but gross if you were remotely sober.

yeah basically it is a stop-gap measure for a lack of other all-night diners

if you live in Austin, TX, go to Star Seeds. Silly name, but when I lived there a couple years ago it was great food at a great price 24/7

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

flyboi posted:

I most want Waffle House hashbrowns when I'm 12oz of bourbon into a night and therefore can't drive to get it.

I haven't actually eaten in a Waffle House in like, a decade.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Einbauschrank posted:

Serious long-post:

I think the different headspace and time frame is all important.

You also have to remember that Ben was a physically ill loser who felt shunned by society (now he's only a physically ill loser who feels accepted by his peers). Losers clustering together and giving each other props for being "hardcore" is nothing extraordinary. It is easy to look back on your own 20ies and say "Hey, I wasn't as bad as Ben", but then most of us weren't half-blind, chubby outsiders channeling their life into some obsession about an arguably enjoyable gaming franchise with a thin story and a news anchor on national TV. I am a sucker for difficult phases in life and got to know enough people who had troubles fitting into society, most of whom had a big problem finding a girlfriend or getting laid until their mid or even late 20ies. And most suffer tremendously from this experience and either feel something is wrong with them or something is wrong with society.

If I look at cultists like B'Tak, Dowlphin and that "I feel empty, like death (sic)" guy, it is easy to imagine they might be at best excentric characters. Look at Bunnyman and the other guys posing as Star Citizens in the revealing photo contest. We deride them, but this is them self-fashioning themselves on the mental stage offered by CR. Even worse are the whales, who despite their flaws managed to make an earning and now try to buy social prestige by "investing" into this circus freak show of a Space Sim. DickWulf, Seraph and weesha - nobody would argue they are well-rounded personalities.

As long as we poke fun at them in this thread: That's fine. But reaching out to destroy their livelihood - like siccening SJWs on a obviously unhealthy Ben - is to my mind callous if not sadistic and will not help them to find some solace late in their life.

Hitler makes some great points here.

No seriously though, this is a good post. The gut reaction everyone is having is totally appropriate, but what actions taken based on those feelings need to be considered carefully. It's fine to judge and mock and all that fun stuff, but it doesn't seem okay to launch an offensive to destroy the guy. Of course if there's evidence that people are being harmed here, that's another story. This case with Ben is genuinely a really hosed up gray area, and honestly if he was still working with children I think I'd have a different reaction.

I agree with Einbauschrank: when somebody doesn't have good social skills, or has lived through trauma and/or can't handle their emotions, they are forced to find some way to survive. The other choice is to not live, which people choose directly or indirectly every single day.

EightAce even mentioned that Ben is going through some poo poo, have empathy, even he's a human being etc. Unless there's evidence of harm or obviously illegal poo poo it seems like a campaign to ruin him is unnecessary.

That said, it seems like the cat is already out of the bag, making GBS threads and pissing on everything in the house already I wonder what'll happen next! :bandwagon:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

*plays with belly button as he reads the story again* huehuehue

:roflolmao:

Seriously, you had me laughing so hard I started coughing. And I still keep laughing while typing the response.

:golfclap:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That's a loving deal dude.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Goobs posted:

Looks amazing. 2:20 am and I want this in my life.

I am arouse.

That's not a deal.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Goobs posted:

People don't realize the squeaky cheese curds make like 90% of a good poutine

I'm literally a stones throw away from Wisconsin which is the Mecca of cheese curds if you love cheese balls and even still poutine is soggy sadness.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solarin posted:

Hitler makes some great points here.

No seriously though, this is a good post. The gut reaction everyone is having is totally appropriate, but what actions taken based on those feelings need to be considered carefully. It's fine to judge and mock and all that fun stuff, but it doesn't seem okay to launch an offensive to destroy the guy. Of course if there's evidence that people are being harmed here, that's another story. This case with Ben is genuinely a really hosed up gray area, and honestly if he was still working with children I think I'd have a different reaction.

I agree with Einbauschrank: when somebody doesn't have good social skills, or has lived through trauma and/or can't handle their emotions, they are forced to find some way to survive. The other choice is to not live, which people choose directly or indirectly every single day.

EightAce even mentioned that Ben is going through some poo poo, have empathy, even he's a human being etc. Unless there's evidence of harm or obviously illegal poo poo it seems like a campaign to ruin him is unnecessary.

That said, it seems like the cat is already out of the bag, making GBS threads and pissing on everything in the house already I wonder what'll happen next! :bandwagon:

As I said earlier, if he didn't keep shoving himself in the public eye, I would let it slide. But, you want the fame, you have to deal with the downside.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAARP!

Gametime now.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Solarin posted:

EightAce even mentioned that Ben is going through some poo poo, have empathy, even he's a human being etc.
He also took that back earlier in light of some of these quotes

Seriously, I'm positive that should I, random jackoff, be discovered to have said these exact things, there would be people out there making sure people knew. Given the whole "mercilessly cuts down all criticism of this trainwreck/scam of a project" thing, I don't see why anyone would want to straight up give him a pass.

Then again, I'm more of the "put it out there so everyone knows" stance than a "make sure his life is ruined". If they end up the same thing, that's how the people around him view him.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

flyboi posted:

I'm literally a stones throw away from Wisconsin which is the Mecca of cheese curds if you love cheese balls and even still poutine is soggy sadness.

Makes me sad you feel this way but I can't talk poo poo, I can't eat eggs. Something about the taste/texture makes me want to throw up.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Samizdata posted:

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAARP!

Gametime now.

That guy isn't a real Slav, he's not wearing a tracksuit OR squatting.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I agree with seeing him as a human being with a likely tragic past, but what's wrong with getting Zoe Quinn/Fem Frequency/SJWs involved? If anything that would give him a huge amount of defenders (and be a lot more fun for us.)

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Goobs posted:

I can't eat eggs. Something about the taste/texture makes me want to throw up.

username/post combo =p

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Goobs posted:

Makes me sad you feel this way but I can't talk poo poo, I can't eat eggs. Something about the taste/texture makes me want to throw up.

I hear you comrade but don't tread on biscuits and gravy

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
guys these past few days have been amazing

also derek needs to address his doxxing of ragequit, man up and just say you don't have poo poo. lol. stop hiding behind the mod excuse since you said you had 100% proof and ragequit himself said post it.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Jon Do posted:

username/post combo =p

Nailed it!

flyboi posted:

I hear you comrade but don't tread on biscuits and gravy

I love biscuits. Soooo good

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Turd Burglar posted:

also derek needs to address his doxxing of ragequit, man up and just say you don't have poo poo. lol. stop hiding behind the mod excuse since you said you had 100% proof and ragequit himself said post it.
im all for teasing derek but something in me says a mod would have posted "he never contacted us" or "we told him it was ok 16 hours ago" just to gently caress with him

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Goobs posted:

Nailed it!

I love biscuits. Soooo good

When you say biscuits do you mean something like a cookie or something like a scone? Because biscuits with gravy sounds loving disgusting.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

When you say biscuits do you mean something like a cookie or something like a scone? Because biscuits with gravy sounds loving disgusting.

idk how to put it - a good biscuit is layered and flaky and soft and buttery

like a dinner roll crossed with a croissant? idk precisely the definition of a scone

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

Blame the Goon that made it, way way way way...gently caress it...way x 1050 some posts ago. I don't make 'em, I just repost 'em.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Goobs posted:

That's only something people with special forces training do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Goobs posted:

Eggs come in multiple textures,poached,fried,scrambled etc etc is it the taste?

• Locked thread