Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

I hate my life.

Cheer up, Melty Blood is getting a steam release in a few days.

Someone make an image of :frog: except he's eating a saint quartz.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

-Troika- posted:

So if I put two Avengers in my party, does their passive NP gain thingy stack?

No? The NP charge up is to 'self'. Of course it's not gonna stack. Does Riding stack? ME? Item Creation? etc.
(The debuff chance down does, since that one's aimed at "the rest of the team")

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, I misunderstood how it works then.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Jeanne Alter sure shits out the damage. :stare:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

don't do this to me

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

The remake is a mistake.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Another 40 roll and 5 summon tickets, no Jeanne Alter :smith:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

The remake is a mistake.

Alternately, the remake is a good thing and it's going to be good.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I can't believe how spoiled everyone who plays Grand Order is. Were we living in a less civilized age, men would die for the number of cute girls that are available in one game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We are mad because the game won't let us get the cute girls

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Baal posted:

We are mad because the game won't let us get the cute girls

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I got Ko Gil from the FP gacha today though, not a girl, but very cute nonetheless

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sylphid posted:

I can't believe how spoiled everyone who plays Grand Order is. Were we living in a less civilized age, men would die for the number of cute girls that are available in one game.

The last two gold servants i pulled were Finn Mac Cum Man and Beowulf, please tell me where the cute girls are

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Today's daily: Sabers. EMIYA, you're up.

rvm
May 6, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He's not a particularly good writer but he's really drat good at worldbuilding so he's the Japanese Brian Herbert

I thought so, too, until I read Sinker vs. Slugger from DDD2. It's ironic that it's translated to Russian (and Chinese) before English. Dude really went full Dost in that one. Not that I compare him to Dostoevsky, of course, but, while it's pitch black, it's not Urobuchi brand of grimdarkness either. There's no rape involved for one. The first volume of DDD, while not as good, features grown up, jaded version of Tohsaka, it's great. Mahoyo, from what's available of it, is cute lighthearted shounen fun for all family. (Which, in my opinion, Tohsaka's route in FSN should have been, but that's neither here nor there).

The problem with Nasu is that people tend to judge the guy based on his 10+ years old output, and milking the Fate franchise to the last drop and then some isn't helping. The truth is, FSN just wasn't all the great, and in my totally scientific approximation 70% of its success can be attributed to Takeuchi, a perv struggling with human anatomy, who just happens to be a genius character designer.

rvm fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 16, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I fully ascended Arjuna to smugface form and man that is one Light Yagami laugh he has

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

rvm posted:

The problem with Nasu is that people tend to judge the guy based on his 10+ years old output, and milking the Fate franchise to the last drop and then some isn't helping.

There's nothing wrong with reusing a good setting, especially one as open and freeform as the Holy Grail War. Most of the Fate spin-offs aren't even particularly linked to the original F/SN that much.

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't made a spin-off that is literally just all of the Masters walking in and playing D&D with Servants.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 16, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
My issue is that for all the Grail War milking, they still haven't gotten around to the Grail Wars I actually care about :

• The First War, of which we know basically nothing except that nobody got to wish on the Grail.
  • The Second War, which also ended inconclusively, in which "loopholes in the rules were found."
  • The Third War (Zero timeline), featuring Angra Mainyu as Avenger replacing Berserker, two different Sabers (controlled by two different Edelfelts), a rift between the Axis powers over the Grail that led to its destruction, and a midget Assassin who turns brains to gunpowder.
  • The Third War (Apocrypha timeline), in which instead of a Berserker or Avenger, Shirou Amakusa was summoned as Ruler, and Amakusa and Darnic survived.
  • Crazy fan theory: The Third War (Kara no Kyokai timeline), which ended with Vlad getting the Grail and declaring, "No more vampires!" (Admit it, it totally makes sense!)
  • The dismantling of the Grail by Waver and Rin after Unlimited Blade Works (and possibly after Fate?).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'd only care about the last one tbh, more Waver please

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

There's nothing wrong with reusing a good setting, especially one as open and freeform as the Holy Grail War. Most of the Fate spin-offs aren't even particularly linked to the original F/SN that much.

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't made a spin-off that is literally just all of the Masters walking in and playing D&D with Servants.

Shadow Dragon or whatever that was Nasu, Narita and Urobuchi playing D&D sucked rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I made the thread for the anime and dropped it the week after. It was loving boring!!!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got my 250 day quartz. Second Jeanne Alter, third EMIYA, and Stheno :stare:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I made the thread for the anime and dropped it the week after. It was loving boring!!!

The anime was also apparently not actually an adaptation of Crimson Dragon.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

-Troika- posted:

Got my 250 day quartz. Second Jeanne Alter, third EMIYA, and Stheno :stare:

I'm gonna freakin uninstall

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm gonna freakin uninstall

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

The anime was also apparently not actually an adaptation of Crimson Dragon.

Deets

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Was cleaning my figs and noticed that Magical Amber's syringes were missing, which could have only happened last time I moved my room around and vacuumed. please send an adult

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know there was a Magical Amber figure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

-Troika- posted:

I didn't know there was a Magical Amber figure.

There is, and like all other really cool and good figures i want, it's nigh impossible to find for sale at prices that don't require you to sell your kidneys

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Today's new Da Vinci quest is actually easier than yesterday's. Five trash level Servants, and then either Jeanne or Jeanne Alter, backed up by two more trash Servants.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a prequel to the thing proper I think? I haven't read any of the Crimson Dragon translations but I remember people mentioning as much.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I remember somebody in chat who read Red Dragon before it became an anime (and really liked it) and was in despair at how lovely an adaptation the anime was. From what I understand it's the same basic premise but with significant alterations, not a prequel or anything.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a translated interview with Nasu about FGO, from this month's TM Ace.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Really nice full spread art

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nasu posted:

...and when I asked (Gen) Urobuchi to write a story with that character as protagonist, he gladly accepted it. But during the plotting stage, even though I said, “Write something with a happy ending for once,” first he asked me, “Can’t I have this character kill this other character and end it there?”

Urobuchi, please

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

quote:

The story doesn’t cover a span of just one or two weeks. If it covers a whole year, the gameplay should also cover a whole year. If we had set it to be too easy right from the start, then by the time we got to the second half the game would already be dead. That’s why even if staff like Kinoko Nasu and Takashi Takeuchi would complain and say, “Make it easier to get Ascension Mats!” he would, with a resolve of steel, keep protecting the balance settings.

:argh:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Space Flower posted:

Tsukihime . . . is happening!™

/sigh

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
“I think the story will be something like ‘a lot of Servants have started living in Ogawa Apartments, so Shiki will be going around collecting their rent.’ It’s not a gag story.”

If only that was the story of the KnK event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Seriously what was even the plot of that anyway