Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JakeP posted:

lol jimson u crazy

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jimson posted:

Problem is, the detector doesn't really tell us what he is lying about. The Mod can, by virtue of how lie-detector works decide what, they return a false positive on. He could just say, nah that's not how his skill works, and not touch on the fact that he may or may not have attacked someone. (Which yeah, if they're gonna lie about what the skill does what else are they gonna lie about.)

I would have seen if he had attacked someone. Just not who he used the ability on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Though since I only get the name of the action, I don't know what it did, exactly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Everyone post your location, who you saw, and your action. If you spot someone lying about theirs point it out immediately :siren:

The Dam List - MG3 was killed here. Someone has to be scum :siren:
- Puntification - Searched
- Gulag - Spotted by Punt, Used 'Doom Squad Assemble' according to Max, Saw MG3, Max, Punt & FL
- FL - Spotted by Punt, Searched, Same list as Punt saw
- Max - Spotted by Punt, Tracked Gulag to Dam

The Gates
- Infinitum - Searched, saw noone

The Warehouse
- JakeP - Tracked Kash to Warehouse Saw Rarity, YPM, and Kash
- Rarity -
- YPM - Used an action on JakeP
- Kash - Spotted by JakeP Searched

The Pods
- TMMadman - Searched - Saw noone
- Chaoslord - Personal action - Saw noone
- CCKeane - Saw TMMadman

The Wastes
- imgay - Attacked Vivanova
- Jimson - Spotted by imgay, Searched
- Vivanova - Spotted by imgay Unconfirmed damage?

The Mall
- Rurea - Searched, saw noone.
- Kumbamontu - Searched, saw Rurea

The Burbs
- Azuth - Saw noone

Downtown
- Murmur Twin - Saw noone

Yet to confirm location after being spotted
Rarity, VivaNova

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll make the list not retarded tomorrow.

Everyones checked in, list should be accurate.

##vote Gulagdolls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think we got retardedly lucky N1 by killing the dropship, because unless scum have some other mode of transport this game has become hilariously stacked in towns favour now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Everyone post your location, who you saw, and your action. If you spot someone lying about theirs point it out immediately :siren:

The Dam List - MG3 was killed here. Someone has to be scum :siren:
- Puntification - Searched
- Gulag - Spotted by Punt, Used 'Doom Squad Assemble' according to Max, Saw MG3, Max, Punt & FL
- FL - Spotted by Punt, Searched, Same list as Punt saw
- Max - Spotted by Punt, Tracked Gulag to Dam

The Gates
- Infinitum - Searched, saw noone

The Warehouse
- JakeP - Tracked Kash to Warehouse Saw Rarity, YPM, and Kash
- Rarity -
- YPM - Used an action on JakeP
- Kash - Spotted by JakeP Searched

The Pods
- TMMadman - Searched - Saw noone
- Chaoslord - Personal action - Saw noone
- CCKeane - Saw TMMadman

The Wastes
- imgay - Attacked Vivanova
- Jimson - Spotted by imgay, Searched
- Vivanova - Spotted by imgay Unconfirmed damage?

The Mall
- Rurea - Searched, saw noone.
- Kumbamontu - Searched, saw Rurea

The Burbs
- Azuth - Saw noone

Downtown
- Murmur Twin - Saw noone

Yet to confirm location after being spotted
Rarity, VivaNova

Reporting action is a hell of a jump from reporting location and who you saw.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

I think we got retardedly lucky N1 by killing the dropship, because unless scum have some other mode of transport this game has become hilariously stacked in towns favour now.

For real.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Hello. Confirming I have 2 assholes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You took damage?

What was your night action, who did you see?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Yes, I was at wastes
Yes, I saw imgay and jimson
Yes, I was attacked

I searched, was bombed.

~~~
Agree with the consensus. Gulag is the sensible vote.
##vote Gulag

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with the gulag vote. I'm mildly suspicious of punti because he doesn't seem like he's acting like someone who 100% caught scum (which is what I would assume town punti would be thinking given gulags claim) and seems like he's more going with the flow than leading he charge. but to me I'm willing to accept that that's explainable by it being the weekend + people already seeming to agree on gulag.

Well it's not like it needs pushing. I'd have put more effort into it if people didn't seem largely agreed on the matter already (and I wasn't busy playing ds3).

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hi everyone i'm having a swell weekend

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote gulag

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Votecount for Day 3

GulagDolls (8): TMMadman, Jimson, Kashuno, TMMadman, Flying Leatherman, Max, Azuth0667, Infinitum, VivaNova, Kumbamontu
Rarity (1): JakeP
Puntification (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (10): CCKeane, chaoslord, GulagDolls, imgay, Murmur Twin, Puntification, Rarity, Rurea, TMMadman, Your Personal Muse

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 18th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't hammer yet, I'm working on a post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When tomorrow starts your first post of the day should be

1.) Your location
2.) Who you saw
3.) Your action

I'll also try and order it by order who claimed, as I have a sneaking suspicion scum will try and claim areas they weren't in as they hadn't been spotted.

I'm absolutely positively 100% guaranteed to be in the Wastelands tonight.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

When tomorrow starts your first post of the day should be

1.) Your location
2.) Who you saw
3.) Your action

I'll also try and order it by order who claimed, as I have a sneaking suspicion scum will try and claim areas they weren't in as they hadn't been spotted.

I'm absolutely positively 100% guaranteed to be in the Wastelands tonight.

1 and 2 makes sense.

I disagree with number 3, unless you really want to out power roles needlessly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want to out powers like HITLERTRON ACTIVATING
If you've got a town powerrole, I would say it would be beneficial to lie and say search.

What is really helpful are attack claims.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting a real weird feeling here. I'm trying to figure out why MG3 was killed when everyone else who was at the Dam saw both FL (who was the NK attempt on N1 and thus confirmed town) and Max (who is a claimed tracker who can see actions). I can think of two reasons why MG3 might have been killed. The first is that the scum team have a rolecop that was used on MG3 during N1 and they wanted him gone because of his Bomb Squad ability because a scum member has the ability to place bombs on people. The second is that someone at the Pods was able to perform some kind of delayed kill on MG3 during N1.

Now the people who were at the Pods on N1 are me/Max/Keane/Chaos/MG3 and I know it's not me. I don't think it's Max given that he knew I searched on N1, so that only leaves Chaos and Keane. I know I said I think Keane is town earlier, but I'm starting to question that read. It's obviously not something I would vote on today, but I think that we need to be careful with both of them. The fact that Keane is resistant to the idea of claiming a night action is kind of skeeving me out because everyone has roles and if someone doesn't want to out themselves they could just say they searched and then say they lied to protect themselves if it gets called out at some point.

Hey Viva did you find the bomb due to your search?

Ultimately, I'm ok with a Gulag lynch right now (unless I actually use my lie detector and find out he's telling the truth) because I think one of Punt/Gulag have to be lying. I think a town Punt would claim if he was attacked because it clears a person and that's something I can't get past, so I think the first scenario of a scum rolecop at the Pods on N1 is more likely. If Punt is scum, then obviously he isn't going to confirm the damage and would be willing to let Gulag get lynched today even if it means he gets lynched tomorrow.

My spider-sense is really tingling here and I've gotta assume that scum have more than one way to avoid being at the actual kill site.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Another thing to note is people coming in late claiming their location.

Scum team can claim they're in a different location by coming in late, reviewing the list, and going somewhere with 1-2 people that didn't see anyone else.
There's someone I have my eye on for this very reason, but I want to see what happens tomorrow and where they say they went.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So IF for whatever reason GD flips town today I would be looking at those people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think it's unlikely but you have to look at it from all the angles.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Infinitum posted:

Scum team can claim they're in a different location by coming in late, reviewing the list, and going somewhere with 1-2 people that didn't see anyone else.
There's someone I have my eye on for this very reason, but I want to see what happens tomorrow and where they say they went.

For the sake of making it easy, my plan right now is to keep going downtown. :j:

I'm ready to ##vote Gulag. I read over my case on Punti last night and feel like the logic applies to Gulag as well. If Gulag really were town I feel like he'd be near-positive that Punti is lying scum and pushing for a vote there as such, instead he's just sticking to his story and trying to burn TMM's one-shot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's -1

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRSCsnC2dMU

I'm so mad that whoever uploaded this video took the singing at the end out :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUICBMQBNU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkej79U3ek

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes, to be clear, I normally won't out a power role unless it looks suspicious, if I happen to track someone that uses an ability. Gulags was bad, though.

Also, to TMM's point, I am a little confused as to why a kill was made at the dam as well. I'd figure that scum would have seen me there and thought better of doing the kill in that location. Maybe their perception wasn't as good and they didn't realize I was at the dam?

It has been puzzling me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or that they would just kill me, but that assumes they saw me to begin with. I know my stealth is pretty bad, so I doubt that would happen.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otXGqU4LBEI

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Yes, to be clear, I normally won't out a power role unless it looks suspicious, if I happen to track someone that uses an ability. Gulags was bad, though.

Also, to TMM's point, I am a little confused as to why a kill was made at the dam as well. I'd figure that scum would have seen me there and thought better of doing the kill in that location. Maybe their perception wasn't as good and they didn't realize I was at the dam?

It has been puzzling me.

But everyone claimed to have seen you at the Dam, so yeah I'm just as confused as you.

And I know you stealth can't be all that good because I saw you at the pods and know what my perception is, so any scum who was at the Dam surely knows that you were there as well.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I'm getting a real weird feeling here. I'm trying to figure out why MG3 was killed when everyone else who was at the Dam saw both FL (who was the NK attempt on N1 and thus confirmed town) and Max (who is a claimed tracker who can see actions). I can think of two reasons why MG3 might have been killed. The first is that the scum team have a rolecop that was used on MG3 during N1 and they wanted him gone because of his Bomb Squad ability because a scum member has the ability to place bombs on people. The second is that someone at the Pods was able to perform some kind of delayed kill on MG3 during N1.

Now the people who were at the Pods on N1 are me/Max/Keane/Chaos/MG3 and I know it's not me. I don't think it's Max given that he knew I searched on N1, so that only leaves Chaos and Keane. I know I said I think Keane is town earlier, but I'm starting to question that read. It's obviously not something I would vote on today, but I think that we need to be careful with both of them. The fact that Keane is resistant to the idea of claiming a night action is kind of skeeving me out because everyone has roles and if someone doesn't want to out themselves they could just say they searched and then say they lied to protect themselves if it gets called out at some point.

Hey Viva did you find the bomb due to your search?

Ultimately, I'm ok with a Gulag lynch right now (unless I actually use my lie detector and find out he's telling the truth) because I think one of Punt/Gulag have to be lying. I think a town Punt would claim if he was attacked because it clears a person and that's something I can't get past, so I think the first scenario of a scum rolecop at the Pods on N1 is more likely. If Punt is scum, then obviously he isn't going to confirm the damage and would be willing to let Gulag get lynched today even if it means he gets lynched tomorrow.

My spider-sense is really tingling here and I've gotta assume that scum have more than one way to avoid being at the actual kill site.

Yes, and pointing out that claiming an action may be a bad thing is pretty useful, especially since at the start of the game people were claiming for no reason whatsoever.

This is why I am resistant, because it isn't that I could lie and I'm not, but that demanding actions can easily bully town players into a misstep and that should be avoided, since the town is made of many players, not just me. This is a pretty simple concept.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like this wasn't a "claim if you attack" thing, this was straight up NAH CLAIM YOUR DEAL GO FOR IT CHAMP which is absurd.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I don't get it. I have a voice in my head telling me something hinky went on, but Gulag didn't deny that they used the action I saw, and someone did die there. So, I dunno.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi I'm here. Sorry I've been quiet this day, got lots going on this weekend. I see gulag is at -1, we sure are going through these days quick

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Yeah, I don't get it. I have a voice in my head telling me something hinky went on, but Gulag didn't deny that they used the action I saw, and someone did die there. So, I dunno.

But there's no reason to deny the action because he knows you saw it since you also knew I searched on N1. Like I said, I just feel like the factional NK wouldn't actually have a name like Doom Squad Assemble. It's so blatantly evil sounding that I almost think it HAS to be a trap.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

It has been puzzling me.

According to GD he only saw the same 4 as everyone else.

GulagDolls posted:

I solemnly swear that I am a town doom squad and did not do any murders.

I saw MG3, Max, Punt, and FL at the dam

My doom squad ability lets me halve someone's defense as I attack them. I attacked Punt.

Which is why I mentioned this

Infinitum posted:

Information is useful, but also remember information can be manipulated

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF GD flips town, unlikely, we'll have to start thinking outside the box a bit more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like I said, I just think that scum have to have at least one more role that would prevent them from being seen at the kill site. Sure, we killed the guy who had the Dropship which would let the entire scum team go to a location while still seeming to appear at a different location, but wouldn't it also make sense to give the scum team a delayed kill or an ability that is like the Dropship but only for a specific person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
they probably have someone with like a sniper rifle that can shoot people in a different place

• Locked thread