Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Being a Kings fan is great.

We have to worry about the stupid Bulls pick (plus Omri) for JJ Hickson who we started for nine games (out of 35 he was on the roster) before the Kings cut him.

Sac-ra-men-to. Clap clap. clap-clap-clap.

Out of many bad offseasons, that year was the worst. Go into the summer with a optimism, lotto pick, and finally some cap space and end up with Jimmer, Salmons, Hickson, and Travis Outlaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Remember when they were a trendy playoff pick at the start of the year?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

Remember when they were a trendy playoff pick at the start of the year?

Man, a lot of teams flamed out this year: Knicks, Bucks, Wizards, Bulls, Rockets, Kings, Pelicans, Suns

Going into this season, you could have said all of those teams would make the playoffs and no one would bat an eye

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Utah :(

A lot of that was bad injury luck, but they also completely gacked up a playoff spot in the last week against Dallas and the Clippers B Team.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, a lot of teams flamed out this year: Knicks, Bucks, Wizards, Bulls, Rockets, Kings, Pelicans, Suns

Going into this season, you could have said all of those teams would make the playoffs and no one would bat an eye

Anyone who has the Knicks in the playoffs was being pretty wildly optimistic. You are right though, it did happen.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nbadraft.net, always the bastion of hilariously terrible prospect comparisons and never updated profiles doesn't have the lottery odds order correct on their front page because I guess that Denver/Toronto pick scenario broke their brains

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

nbadraft.net, always the bastion of hilariously terrible prospect comparisons and never updated profiles doesn't have the lottery odds order correct on their front page because I guess that Denver/Toronto pick scenario broke their brains
I see that they finally don't have the Timberwolves taking either Kris Dunn or Sabonis II with the #5. Buddy Hield at #3 tho :wow:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Depending on who picks there it could happen.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Sabonis at 5 is way crazier than Buddy at 3.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is so important.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Pretty sure Steve Nash only hits like 1-2 of that criteria so :shrug:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Steven Adams is half Tongan so I would argue he is exempt from white person draft rules anyway

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
My list of NBA DRAFT questions
1. What happened to that Bolomboy
2. Why can't Wade Baldwin make a layup?
3. What is Jaylen Brown's problem
4. Does Brandon Ingram really weigh 145 pounds?
5. Does Furkan Korkmaz know it's legal to attempt a dribble move without pivoting 90 degrees

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 9, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
y'all ready for another installment of tall guy shooting 3s in an empty gym?? because here's Skal Labissiere https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/730567036078833665/video/1

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
But how does he do against chairs?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

televised combine coverage starts at 1:30!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/730803683173224448

I want to work in an NBA FO

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Measurements going up
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2016-NBA-Draft-Combine-Measurements-Analysis-5478

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's hear it for Zhou Qi, standing a tall 7'1" weighing a sturdy 218lbs

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

That's not especially uncommon at a young age. A lot of European big men were drafted at similar weights, and Chris Bosh wouldn't have been that far off. I think Ricky Sanchez was 7'0" and under 200 pounds in his draft years.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That's not especially uncommon at a young age. A lot of European big men were drafted at similar weights, and Chris Bosh wouldn't have been that far off. I think Ricky Sanchez was 7'0" and under 200 pounds in his draft years.

I don't understand how a swift breeze doesn't snap a person like this in half

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/730799720025735169

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Also drilling threes in shoot around! People have been drafted in the lottery for less!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tip the blender over

That's the answer, right.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

well Zach, we haven't been given enough information about the relative value of the bat and the ball to ascertain which one costs more. However, we do know that one of the items costs $1.05 and the other costs 5 cents. Is this a plastic bat? What material is the ball made out of?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

straight up brolic posted:

well Zach, we haven't been given enough information about the relative value of the bat and the ball to ascertain which one costs more. However, we do know that one of the items costs a dollar and the other costs 10 cents. Is this a plastic bat? What material is the ball made out of?

Trap sprung

Its $0.05 and $1.05

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Trap sprung

Its $0.05 and $1.05

Omg I was so wrong.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Trap sprung

Its $0.05 and $1.05
haha i looked at it again, what a mind gently caress

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Say goodbye to that first round money brolic, how's your Italian?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The blender question and the dumb math questions actually can be very useful and it has nothing to do with getting the right answer. For instance, with the bat and ball question, if the guy gets it wrong how does he react when you try to correct him? Does he get argumentative or stick to his story after being shown he is wrong? Is that how he'll react when trying to coach him out of taking long 2s?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Now do it with laptops.... That's a trick question because laptops are free

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

The blender question and the dumb math questions actually can be very useful and it has nothing to do with getting the right answer. For instance, with the bat and ball question, if the guy gets it wrong how does he react when you try to correct him? Does he get argumentative or stick to his story after being shown he is wrong? Is that how he'll react when trying to coach him out of taking long 2s?

"Look Rudy, this shot here is worth a standard amount of points but has a higher than normal difficultly. If you stepped back a foot, you'd have a 5% increase in difficulty but a 50% gain in points. The math says you are wrong."

"gently caress your math"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you catch the ball on the high arc and Kobe is double covered in the low post do you:

A. Pass the ball to Kobe
B. Feed the ball to Kobe
C. Give the ball to Kobe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

If you catch the ball on the high arc and Kobe is double covered in the low post do you:

A. Pass the ball to Kobe
B. Feed the ball to Kobe
C. Give the ball to Kobe

D. I give the ball to the ref because I'm a rookie so coach Scott has me on the bench

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Georges Niang is playing well

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007